9887 Macarthur Blvd #H, Oakland, CA 94605 is a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom, 1,296 sqft townhouse. There are scores of places in all price ranges. Required fields are marked *. I found a list of countries that can bid but Poland is not there. [12] BART opened a parking garage as part of the project in September 2014. Yes, in my experience, living in Oakland from 2015-2016 without my own car, I never had a problem getting Uber and Lyft. It is west of Telegraph Avenue, which is BAD. There are some specific recommendations which could be incorporated into this project. You'll be closer to the visitor attractions, dining, shopping, & entertainment, choices of San Francisco and you'll just enjoy your stay a lot more. Capitalizes on store fronts as shopping moments. Updated annually. Even if it were in a great part of town we'd suggest you look around and try to find something in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? In addition to the well appointed units, fantastic amenities to come (including a pool! Buy a portable phone charger. In 2021, Oakland reported 62 murders and had a murder rate of 26.37 per 100,000 people. OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Police have arrested a suspect in the shooting that killed one person and injured 10 others in Oakland, authorities said on Wednesday. And if neither of those works for you, come back for more help. It gets good reviews here and is right in the thick of things. Is Oakland Safe? Property In order to designate parts of Oakland as dangerous you must first define "danger" for yourself. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The section of road is a mixed-use area located between 35th Ave and High Street. All the trademarks displayed on this page are the property of Location, Inc. Want staff planners and engineers to figure out whats possible. Laurel Elementary is two blocks from the heart of the District. The places catering to visitors are closer to Oakland Int]l Airport or in Jack London Square. OAKLAND -- The biggest homeless encampment in Oakland will soon be shut down. between 35th Avenue on the West and High Street on the East, is a bustling mixed-use neighborhood straddling MacArthur Blvd. Our nationwide meta-analysis overcomes the issues inherent in any crime database, including non-reporting and reporting errors. Do you have someone who could pick me up at MaArthur and drive me safely to the motel at night? Refreshed paving and crossing improvements coming to MacArthur Blvd between 73rd & 83rd Avenue. They ALL came. Driver behavior wont change without structural changes like lane reduction. have their pros and cons. Vehicles are forced to crowd the parking lane causing unsafe conditions. Do try to stay in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? This action was taken in coordination with the Councilmembers office and at the request of local community stakeholders, especially the business community. Laurel [Safe Livable Open Welcoming Laurel]is a lane reduction, road diet proposal, which reduces four traffic lanes to two, builds out open-air dining, and incorporates bike lanes on the section of MacArthur Blvd. I ended up getting a 1br apt on Broadway a few blocks north of 51st. 18,000 local law enforcement agencies in the U.S. Unfortunately, it seems to be reserved only for the USA and Canada residents. AC Transit busses are unable to fit in a single traffic lane. Connections between the lines are timed for southbound passengers, while 19th Street Oakland is the transfer point for northbound service. There is a high level of interest among District merchants in the project with vocal support from large anchors to small independent businesses as traffic improvements to the street would improve safety and thus generate commerce. Herea a graph showing you how Oaklands murder rate compares to other cities with high murder rates. Safety at the BART station itself and east of the station is not an issue, but once you cross under the freeway, it is an entirely different story! What is the quality of the Verizon Wireless LTE service at the street level? Rapid transit station in San Francisco Bay Area, San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District, "BART Chronology January 1947 March 2009", "Putting the art in BART / Mosaics, murals and steel cows brighten up Oakland, Berkeley stations", "Nia Wilson Honored At Emotional Memorial Service", "February 11 schedule change impacts weekdays and Sundays", "New Sunday service plan to begin in February", MacArthur Transit Village information sheet, "Hines breaks ground on Oakland apartment project next to BART", MacArthur Transit Village project breaks ground after 17 years, "New parking garage opens at MacArthur Station 9/15", "City Council Approves 260-Foot Tower For MacArthur Transit Village", "BART can't keep pace with rising 'crush loads', Tri-Valley-San Joaquin Valley Regional Rail Authority, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=MacArthur_station_(BART)&oldid=1141191160, Bay Area Rapid Transit stations in Alameda County, California, Stations on the Berryessa/North San JosRichmond line, Stations on the AntiochSFO+Millbrae line, Stations on the RichmondMillbrae+SFO line, Railway stations in the United States opened in 1972, Short description is different from Wikidata, Infobox mapframe without OSM relation ID on Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Entrances/exits, faregates, ticket machines, bike station, parking garage, This page was last edited on 23 February 2023, at 20:48. Much better to stay at City Center with several first class hotels & a BART Station. :( There are no visitor attractions nearby, and you won't want to take evening strolls. Watch out, those poor people will getcha! Towards Emeryville/Berkeley can be a hit or miss. [10] The current plan calls for 624 residential units as well as 42,500 square feet (3,950m2) of retail space. Directions to Zide needed from Union Square. The 1,640 sq. What time does the parking garage usually fill up on weekdays? In addition, NeighborhoodScout found that a lot of the crime that takes place in Oakland is property crime. I cannot speak to the hotel itself, but seeing as I have a friend who lives about 4 blocks from there, I can tell you about the neighborhood. Staying safe. Outer tracks 1 and 2 serve the Orange Line and the Red Line; Track 1 goes northbound towards Richmond, and Track 2 goes southbound towards Berryessa/North San Jos and San Francisco. It's not just about safety at night; it's about making your visit to the US a good one. . Great idea! The 696 sq. ebbflowin 10 yr. ago Amen. Statistically speaking, Oakland is not the safest city to visit. In Oakland you have a 1 in 16 chance of becoming a victim of crime. According to NeighborhoodScout's analysis of FBI reported crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of one of these crimes in Oakland is one in 80. 9bd. Creates space for AC Transit to fully pull to curb. Considering only the crime rate, Oakland is as safe as the California state average and less safe than the national average. Traffic calming to protect pedestrians, cyclists, and drivers is sorely needed and would help with local businesses. Easier said than done but we have seen the wonderful joy that comes from truly working together and seeing humanity in each one of us. There's lots of amazing food but it can be sketchy as you heard further east. Oakland police arrested Brian. Crime, My Chances of Becoming a Victim of a Flag. "It will improve the neighborhood. And then compare to the hostel at Fort Mason, on a knoll near the Golden Gate Bridge in a beautiful park. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. This diversity is reflected in the districts business ownership as well. Service through MacArthur is timed for cross-platform transfers between the southbound lines that pass through the station. We are aware of the fact that WYGIWYPF (What You Get Is What You Pay For) but WYTIWYCA (What You Take Is What You Can Afford). Communitys input was considered via community surveys and a road diet evaluation was conducted with Mills College in 2018. Violent crimes in Oakland are 233% higher than the national average. (Crime Rates And Crime Stats), Is Tampa, Florida Safe? We are beginning our journey in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I'd rather pay for a hostel in SF, whether a private room or a dorm room, for the same money. These studies have resulted in a plan for the "MacArthur Transit Village," a mixed-use development on the eastern side of Route 24 bounded by 40th Street, Telegraph Avenue, and West MacArthur Boulevard. I suggest using Hotwire or Priceline for a comparable deal elsewhere either in SF, Berkeley, or other parts of Oakland. Is San Francisco Safe? When visiting a new city that youre unfamiliar with, its easier to get home quickly and safely even if it means spending a fiver. The NeighborhoodScout search engine is covered under US Patents No. One more thing. The MacArthur site is not good & I live in Oakland. Oaklands murder rate is 4 times higher than the national average. It might happen that we'll be walking to the hotel in the early evening and we'll definitely look like (tired) tourists. was a highway prior to the construction of I-580. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The Oakland Police Department was notified at approximately 4:40 a.m. that a motor vehicle accident occurred on West MacArthur Boulevard. We are continuously working to improve the accessibility of our web experience for everyone, and we welcome feedback and accommodation requests. MLS # 323008309 This project will also install a Flashing Pedestrian Beacon at the intersection of Parker and MacArthur to improve safety at this school crosswalk. This goes for Jack London Square, Downtown, and Uptown the more touristy areas. Stay away from West Oakland. 835 W Macarthur Blvd, Oakland, CA 94608. A part of the encampment is located next to the field. Britton used to coach the McClymonds High School baseball team. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-15850018', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');San Francisco. And why Oakland? One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 14. 7,043,501 and 7,680,859. Copyright 20042023 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. Get answers to your questions about Oakland. EXISTING CONDITIONS The project will remediate old industrial infrastructure outlined below and close the gap in OakDOTs Master Bike Plan. If you want to stay out after the event, move on to other areas for post-game celebrations (or commiserations). Creates safe travel for cyclists bike lanes. Crime. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oakland-Airport An IHG Hotel, Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront. Service through MacArthur is timed for cross-platform transfers between the southbound lines that pass through the station. From 1-580 W, exit at MacArthur Blvd/High Street, and continue on Macarthur Blvd. I've made up my mind. is relatively narrow so collaboration with both AC Transit and cyclists to allow adequate space to accommodate these modes would be required to ensure safe left turns and driveway access. Dimond has LOtS of parking! There are good parts and bad parts. Program (510) 464-7000, the BART police emergency line, into your . Crime risk indices are nationally comparable on a 1 100 scale, where 100 means safer than 100% of U.S. neighborhoods. "I'm the former baseball coach out here the kids can't even come out here and play baseball," said Keith Britton, a West Oakland native. " As everyone knows Oakland is not the safest (It is a very safe part of Oakland, however. Other than perhaps theft of valuables from vehicles, there is little crime; the streets are safe to walk at night. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Least safe is a hard one and will vary depending on time like the other person said, but yeah probably Richmond. Chase a night out with a taxi and youre more likely to be safe than walking home. Also, Covid has thrown a bunch of stuff off too. One specific place to watch out for that local highlight is the Coliseum area: if you go to attend a game, dont hang around the area much longer at night. being a highway prior to the construction of I-580, creating a significant safety impediment for vehicles, busses and cyclists for reasons including: Four Traffic Lanes Facilitate High Rates of Speeding: Vehicles are observed daily exceeding 65 mph in a 25 mph zone, weaving through cars, crossing the center lane, and running red lights. Walk to the College Ave. commercial strip & BART, short drive to Temescal, close to the freeway, and away from the less safe parts of town. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. These children, youth, and families will all benefit from safer routes along MacArthur Blvd. My VISA card is in US dollars - no problems with the exchange rate. This is compared to communities of all sizes, from the smallest to the . ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-15861013', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');San Francisco itself. As with most cities, the general consensus is that the more people that are out at night in certain areas, the more likely you are to be safe. I know the area by Laurel Cyclery is tight but it doesnt extend to all. There are three large free public parking lots in Dimond. Verify to immediately update business information, respond to reviews, and more! Yes, you can get in contact with 2114 Macarthur Boulevard and find other detailed property information. Everything You Need To Know (Crime Rates And. Lake Merritt is always recommended so won't talk about it too much. Hide your valuables and hide your cash. One behind peets on fritvale as well as on the other side of the street behind tmobile and another behind Wells Fargo. I wonder why. P.P.S. Upon the opening of the Transbay Tube in 1974, the station began to serve Transbay trains to San Francisco. Vehicle, bike lane and pedestrian safety upgrades through The Laurel District would improve access to essential goods and services including mass transit hubs for residents in some of our highest equity need areas South of MacArthur Blvd. Date(s) & Update Frequency: Answer (1 of 12): I live in the Dimond district in Oakland around Fruitvale and Macarthur. Year over year murder has increased by 21%. Not all of the neighborhoods in the excluded area are bad, but all the the worst neighborhoods tend to fall in that region. The 1,250 sq. This is a significant safety impediment for vehicles, busses, and cyclists for reasons including: Less than 2,000 residents live in the area, yet over 16,300 drivers and 11,350 AC Transit riders pass through the Laurel District daily. February 4th, 2021 BPAC Infrastructure Committee meeting, February 2021 Infrastructure Committee Meeting, Traffic Calming on 8th St in West Oakland, Look up your City Council District and Councilmember, OakDOT Major Active Transportation Projects Map, Official Oakland BPAC Meeting Agendas List. First published on July 17, 2022 / 8:33 PM. Just don't stay in Oakland. No more NO's! over a year ago Answer 2 answers 0 Votes over a year ago I was ready to pay $62.40 per night (before tax). The address for 2114 Macarthur Boulevard is 2114 Macarthur Blvd. judasblue 10 yr. ago In fact, after researching dangerous places to live, NeighborhoodScout found Oakland to be one of the top 100 most dangerous cities in the U.S.A. Physical separation is needed to help to avoid this. They said the encampment hurts the neighborhood and endangers the people who live there. For a little more, you could pick an affordable motor lodge or motel along (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? West Oakland. Later, MacArthur was more commonly used as a pass-through for large volumes of traffic, and now acts as a ramp for commuters heading to or coming off of I580. It also had a property crime rate of 5,853.31 per 100,00 people, which is nearly 3 times greater than the national average. $1,400,000. Good luck and welcome to Oakland! Also Ms. Mitchell does not have control over the school or support for the staff. If you dont live there, you have no idea if that short cut is a good idea. Are there cabs at MacArthur station? Cyclist killed by AC Transit bus in 2010 due to insufficient space between parking and traffic lane. The Laurel District has a diverse commercial center, connecting East Oakland neighborhoods to culturally diverse locally owned and independent small businesses. View more property details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow. A driver being killed after colliding with a street tree at an excessive speed in 2018. The neighborhood is not great and you're paying for BART back and forth. more info for the public from your commissioners. Bike traffic is not protected in the concept illustration, mixed traffic, would parking-protection be feasible? ECONOMY Our Locally Owned Ethnic Businesses Need Us Now More Than Ever, PROJECT READINESS A Defined Need and Willing Community, ENVIRONMENT Making Commercial Corridors a Healthy Environment, REQUIRED WORK A Remedy for Unsafe Conditions, IMPROVEMENT Supporting and Growing All Modes of Transport, COLLABORATION A Grassroots Community Initiative and City Partnership. Daniel Swafford, Executive Director of the Laurel District Association submitted the below project narrative to OakDOT as a Capital Improvement Program (CIP) project request. Chinatown has a lot of good restaurants but I don't know anyone who actually lives there. Select your ideal criteria and let Scout do the rest. I lived in the Longfellow neighborhood across the freeway and really enjoyed it. They have private rooms for $85 a night available during your stay: http://www.sfhostels.com/fishermans-wharf/. Other US patent applications are currently pending. However, the neighbourhood on the Google map looks well, like some areas of Queens NY where I spent a few months and walked at night without any problems. It's not the safest area in Oakland, but it is fairly safe and has a bart stop, restaurants, bars, and a nice neighborhood feel. The dangerous parts of Oakland are far east and far west around the projects. MacArthur Commons 540 39th St, Oakland , CA 94609 Mosswood 4.6 (28 reviews) Verified Listing Today 510-288-5190 Monthly Rent $2,243 - $3,853 Bedrooms Studio - 2 bd Bathrooms 1 - 2 ba Square Feet 379 - 1,251 sq ft MacArthur Commons Transportation Points of Interest Move-in Special Up to 10 Weeks Free! 6 dirtymack 2 yr. ago Depends on your age and threshold for noise and general activity/traffic. Caltrans announced it is closing the entire Wood Street encampment due to safety concerns after multiple fires -- more than 100 -- at the site in recent years. Montclair is a quiet, sleepy area with a mountain town vibe. Was contemplating SF but was told the weather is better in Oakland whilst still being close to SF to commute to work. Will do another merchant outreach survey this semester, Street designed back when MacArthur was Highway 50, before 580 was constructednot based on current traffic needs, Some very minor upgrades so farCrosswalk restriping, one signal retimed, Restaurant owners reluctant to install on-street dining parklets due to current street safety issues. You want to stay IN (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? My old English teacher used to live in Jack London which seems nice although I'm not sure how anyone can cope with the trains there. Notes from the presentation and discussion are below. East Oakland has lots of great food. [3], MacArthur station opened on September 11, 1972, as the northern terminus of the inaugural BART line, which ran to Fremont. Statistically speaking, Oakland is not the safest city to visit. whereas traffic flows immediately to the East and West have been upgraded with reduced traffic lanes, wider lanes, and the inclusion of dedicated bike lanes. With a crime rate of 70 per one thousand residents, Oakland has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. Due to inadequate traffic mitigation, accidents are increasing. There are many good resources for you to find affordable lodging in the city itself in the above messages. The HSIP-funded crossing improvements are planned for implementation in Fall 2022. mcherinet@oaklandca.gov; eehlers@oaklandca.gov, Pavement rehabilitation (77th Ave to 83rd Ave), Pavement surface seal (73rd Ave to 77th Ave), Improve safety for pedestrians crossing MacArthur Boulevard, Reduce vehicle traffic speeds on MacArthur Boulevard closer to the posted speed limit, Prohibit the use of the center turn lane as a passing lane, Right-size the roadway between 76th Ave and 82nd Ave by reducing vehicle lanes to one in each direction (with a center turning lane), Leave the street better than we found it as part of a planned Measure KK-funded paving project. affordable hotels and dining near Fox Theater. Do try Priceline--it works well for San Francisco. Oakland. Who is Henry Winklers Son? Below is a rendered drawing with descriptions of key features. This link is very helpful. The neighborhood deals with a unique set of circumstances that make traffic safety challenging for small business owners, commuters, pedestrians, and cyclists alike. When looking at a crime map such as the one on Neighborhood Scout, the safest neighborhoods appear to be ENE of Oakland. My name is Mariska and I'm living my best life while living the van life. Come up with something to help you remember your route, like a song or rhyme, in case you cant check your phone for whatever reason. "This is a safe community. Methodology: The new As ballpark is also planned to be built there so in a few years that will be an especially fun and modern area. Oaklands crime rate is nearly 4 times greater than the national average. In 2021 Oakland reported 6,533 violent crimes and had a violent crime rate of 1,505.91 per 100,000 people. MacArthur . East and West Oakland is ghetto as hell. Fruitvale . I'd say Deep east starts from around the Fruitvale area all the way to the border of San Leandro. The zip code is 94602. If the loss of property is part of your definition of danger then there are almost no safe parts of Oakland as theftrobbery and burglaryis a prevalent issue in Oakland, California. About the Data Oakland is like any other big city. Heres a graph showing you how Oaklands crime rate compares the most dangerous cities in the U.S. and East of High Street. About 230-240 W. MacArthur Blvd Home California Rentals Apartments in Oakland Piedmont Avenue 230-240 W. MacArthur Blvd Experience the One Piedmont lifestyle! more. located in The Laurel District of Oakland, California. The area houses less than 2,000 residents, yet over 16,300 drivers and 11,350 AC Transit riders pass through daily. After some District 6 and 7 road diets, drivers go into the bike lane to pass other cars. Currently The Laurel District has a four lane road configuration along MacArthur Blvd. Bay Fair, El Cerrito del Norte, Hayward and Civic Center joined Powell to round out the list of five stations with the most violent crimes in total. Most of Oakland is totally safe and the dangerous parts of Oakland is noticeable and easy to avoid. link to Whatever Happened To Natalie Raitano? Official Website for the City of Oakland | Mayor Sheng Thao. Welcome to The MAC! Being a pedestrian or cyclist in the Laurel is a nightmare. Neighbors said a group is operating a chop shop in the encampment. The City of Oaklands Master Bicycle Plan (Lets Bike Oakland) would also be accessible. Hi y'all, I'm hoping to move to Oakland in the coming months and looking for some advice on where to live - I haven't been to Oakland before so I'm not sure what the areas are like. Everyone told us lake merrit when we moved here 10 yrs ago. From 1-580 E, take 35th Ave exit, turn left of 35th and right on Macarthur Blvd. Oakland is safer than 1% of the cities in the United States. Violent Daniel will be presenting this at the February 4th, 2021 BPAC Infrastructure Committee meeting for discussion. Nearby is homeroom (mac and cheese), Hawker fare (Sorta close + Thai), and many more good restaurants. We're arriving at SFO at 5:16 PM. Conveniently located across from the MacArthur BART station, you will be close to the Bay's major work centers and . More. The surrounding neighborhood is mostly low-density residential, making MacArthur station primarily a commuting hub. ft. apartment is a 3 bed, 2.0 bath unit. 2,589 sqft. That being said, many do recommend ordering a taxi or ride share to get home at night. Come to Noccs- you wont look back! Sign Up for OakDOT Bike & Ped Notifications. West Oakland seems to be an improvement though it's a grocery desert. And the reviews on booking.com don't seem great either: http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/bay-bridge-inn.fr.html?aid=307415;tab=4. See photos, floor plans and more details about 9887 MacArthur Blvd, Oakland, CA 94605. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Walking alone at night is always a risky activity in an urban area. I honestly believe that his will greatly enhance the quality of life for all of us that live in this district. Appreciates slow streets during covid-19, wants to make them permanent. [4] The station included several pieces of public art: an abstract mural by Mark Adams over a staircase (which Adams later replaced with two murals after the stairs were removed for an elevator in 2000), and tile mosaics by Adams and Alfonso Pardias in the fare lobby. In Oakland, your chance of becoming a victim of a property crime is one in 17, which is a rate of 57 per one thousand population. We're a couple in our mid-fourties planning a trip to the USA. ft. condo is a 3 bed, 4.0 bath unit. Bart stop: Fruitvale Station is the closest stop, however, you'll have to take another bus to reach the neighborhood (see actransit.org) Bus lines: 54, 14, 805, NL, NX, NX2, NXC, 57. Of those options I would avoid Temescal and West Oakland if youre concerned about safety, and West Oakland also has very few restaurants and grocery stores.
65 West Apartments Address, Ben Schneider Lord Huron Wife, Azur Lane Does Not Match Commission Requirements, San Jose Earthquakes Academy, Going To Court For Driving Without A License, Articles I