More than 9,500 offered undergrad admission to USC for the fall. Test scores are very important to the USC admissions process and the middle 50% SAT and ACT scores for USCs class of 2025 are 1360-1510 and 30-34. I am so excited!! USC records the highest scores for each section of the SAT and ACT, even if theyre earned in different sittings. USC is looking for interesting applicants with unique stories and perspectives, and an attention-grabbing essay is written in your voice and creatively frames your experiences while highlighting how youll fit as a student and on campus at USC. Thu, Mar 2, 2023 7:30am to 7pm. Students must also submit academic records for graduate qualifications, if earned. to streamline the admissions process. Not all extracurricular activities are equal and some have more influence over admissions than others. Thanks in advance! Posted November 29, 2021. Any info would be great! USC's acceptance rate in 2019 was 11%. 1st. Course rigor is also very important to USC admissions. Best of luck for your future applications though! *USCs retention rate is based on full-time, first-time freshmen. USC accepts applications through the Common Application. "Some graduating undergraduates know exactly what science they want to pursue. Graduate Application Process. Earliest Interview Date: January 6. USC is also part of the prestigious Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society. . I cant believe it @USC pic.twitter.com/02heK1X6kh, gabriella (@gabriellaa_diaz) March 27, 2020, More stories about: College Admissions, Students. . This is the first time the acceptance rate has been lower than 12% since 2019 a decrease from 12.41% in 2021 and 15.8% in 2020. MBPH is a program seeks to answer important biomedical questions using all aspects of biophysics, with an emphasis on structural biology and biophysical methods and theories. It is pertinent to note that USC does not offer early action or early decision admissions. I mean the school of engineering here 38 74 comments Add a Comment [deleted] 1 yr. ago [removed] The average admitted student had test scores in the 97th percentile and enrolled in six to seven Advanced Placement courses in high school. The Norris has strength in all areas of cancer research, including clinical and basic research and epidemiology. I did my undergrad at OSU and have friends on faculty there and at Cleveland Clinic. All International Students by Places of Origin, Freshman Profile and Admission Information 2022-2023. Calculate your chances at your dream schools and learn what areas you need to improve right now it only takes 3 minutes and it's 100% free. Many don't. Selecting a target journal is a universal decision faced by authors of scientific papers. There is a thriving Greek life on campus which comprises over 50 chapters that help this university support the image of it being a party school, unfortunately. Heres a handy checklist of all major admissions requirement for USC: The department and degree you choose determine the length of time taken for the application to be reviewed. Detailed information concerning tuition and fees can be found in the USC Schedule of Classes. activities also show great achievement and leadership, but are more common than those of Tier 1.These activities include state-level recognition in athletics, winning a regional composition, or holding a leadership position in a well-known club. It should let the admissions committee know that you are ready to take on college academics. USC students tend to graduate with an average student debt of $36,787. It is also a member of the Association of American Universities, which is known for excellence in the liberal arts and sciences. A Comprehensive Cancer Center designation requires that clinical treatment of patients and scientific research are carried out side by side. USC Film School Acceptance Rate Joe Mabel, USC School of Cinematic Arts 03, CC BY-SA 3.0. How Early Should You Prepare for College? In 2020, a significantly lower number of students applied . 17-22. For example, playing a varsity sport or holding a minor leadership position in a well-established club. As a USC freshman, you can participate in over 1,000 on-campus organizations, ranging from club sports to religious groups. Of course, what you do as a postdoc is what really matters. Base it on which program feels right. Annual Security & Fire Safety Prospective Student Notification 2022. The campus is sprawled over 226 acres and has an urban setting. Glowing letters of recommendation, strong application essays, and extraordinary achievements can strengthen your application. It should highlight your academic and extracurricular achievements. Almost 22 percent of the 2022 entering first-year class received a merit-based scholarship from USC. . So will USC. The other reason for the selective USC acceptance rate is that the school is highly competitive. New Conference/Symposia. The university is located in Los Angeles and draws thousands of applications in a year despite being in the news this century for many of the wrong reasons from mens NCAA football violations all the way to sexual harassment cases. Our application process is designed to discover your individual story, so that we might see how you would take advantage of the many opportunities available at USC. Among those offered a spot at USC, a record-high 1,760 (20%) are first-generation college students, up 3 percentage points from last year. In this study, I collated recent turnaround times and impact factors for 82 journals that publish papers in the field of fisheries sciences. Applicants who have completed or are in the process of completing a four-year bachelors degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university may be eligible to apply for admissions to the PIBBS Program. Welcome! USC is determined to meet the demonstrated need of all undergraduates satisfying the eligibility requirements. The campus is beautiful and the academics are stellar. USC Sol Price School of Public Policy. By the second deadline.. don't give me false hope, or worse, feelings of inadequacy. USC doesn't care about profile. Doctoral programs only have Fall admission with an application deadline of December 15. Bold, driven, curious and creative, they strive to make an impact, both in and out of the classroom. USC perceives these qualities through your non-academic and academic accomplishments. If they are not accepted in January, early action candidates can defer their application to the regular decision process. Gaining admission to USC is hard. USC in its history has also announced an acceptance rate as high as 13%. I am holding you responsible if I don't even get admitted to one of the two programs I applied to at USC Viterbi.See you in Feb.. You have made so many potential enemies with this post, When do MSCS admits start coming out? The university received a historic, Although USCs acceptance rate is incredibly low, your personal chances of admission depend on your profile strength. Program:Biological and Biomedical Sciences. The average freshmen retention rate, which is a highly regarded indicator of student satisfaction, is 96% for USC. For the 2021 academic year alone, 70,000 hopefuls applied to study at USC. Letter(s) of recommendation: one letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher (applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit two letters of recommendation), Portfolio, resume, and/or additional writing samples (depending on program). To submit a competitive application youll need all, or mostly all As, while taking the most challenging courses available. USCs academic baseline is the first marker to meet in gaining admission to the college. USCs academic baseline is the first marker to meet in gaining admission to the college. We strive to recruit top caliber Ph.D. students and guide them in their academic pursuits. Members; 21 Share; . USC is need-blind in its admission processa student's financial need will not influence an admission decision. I have been accepted to both the Biochemistry PHD Program at OSU and the Programs in Biomedical and Biological Sciences at Keck Medical School at USC. USC continues to attract top students from around the country and across the globe, as almost 60,000 students applied for admission for the 2020 fall term. 1st. Application deadlines for other processes are noted below. USC's tuition is based on a per unit rate of $1,938 for the 2019-20 school year. The University of Southern California has strong research programs. Most Represented Geographic Areas in U.S. What are USC Admission Requirements? Applicants should have demonstrated research ability and experience. Next Steps If you are admitted: READ THROUGH EVERYTHING we send you and every element we put in your admission portal. Larger journals have lower acceptance rates than smaller journals, between 10-60%. USCs highly-ranked film schoolCollegeVines top school to study filmdoesnt have higher academic requirements than other programs at the university, but the admissions committee places substantial weight on extracurricular experiences and portfolio strength when evaluating applications. The ideal course load shall have a fair share of IB, AP, and honors classes. Because USC places considerable weight on your letter of recommendation, youll want to get the best one possible. USC has a great student-faculty ratio of 9:1. USC Acceptance Rate 2023 for First Year (freshman) The USC 2023 acceptance rate is 12% on average. USC didnt report the average class rank for its class of 2025, but understand that youll need a strong performance in the classroom to gain admission26.52% of the class of 2025 graduated high school with a 4.0 GPA, and 47.97% graduated with GPAs between 3.75 and 3.99. UC Merced. Undocumented or DACA students should apply for admission following the general policies and guidelines outlined on this website. The school sent offers of admission to 8,400 of them for an acceptance rate of 12%. How to Get a Perfect 1600 Score on the SAT. It is a large institution with an enrollment of 18,560 undergraduate students. Interviewed 2/22. , which cover everything from who to ask to the timeframe to how you can support the process. USC is located in downtown Los Angeles in the University Park neighborhood. It is also projected that the USC acceptance rate will rise to 12.4% in 2023-2024. USC is a highly rated private university located in Los Angeles, California. GPA. Los Angeles, CA 90089-0911 USC comprises one of the most diverse undergraduate populations of any top-ranked university in the U.S. With more than 1,000 student organizations, USC provides numerous ways to get involved and find your place within the Trojan Family. Univ. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. GPA. by email to DPSRecords@dps.usc.edu or in person at DPS at For admitted students in 2019 who took ACT score: If youre a junior or senior, its harder to increase your GPA, and the easiest way to improve your Academic Index is to get a higher test score. This large institution has a total undergraduate enrollment of 19,194 students. of Southern California (USC)-- seems like it has a 100% acceptance rate It seems like the USC has 100% acceptance rate as I could see anyone who applies gets into it..I'm aware that they do have a hefty fees.. Not sure if it's worth that.. PS. I had one interview on a Thursday and received an admissions offer the following Wednesday . As far as networking and future employability goals, I think that will be more lab/project specific rather than PhD program. 43% of students are from California and 51% attended a public high school. Our Ph.D. programs are interdepartmental and are focused on broad approaches to modern biomedical research. Link to comment Share on other sites. I think Feb 1st week is the time when they start rolling admissions, Last year for spring semester I applied at the last moment And got an admit on 15 November Classes were going to start on 15th Jan Sadly couldn't attend Hopefully this year I would have better luck. Most of them manage to pay back their debt in the first five years. Recommenders included in the online application will be contacted by email. Check out these other informative articles: Want to know your odds at USC? Hope you get an admission . Deadlines for freshmen starting fall 2021. The University of Southern California has one of the largest financial aid programs in the United States. USC is honored to have received applications from so many high-achieving, creative, diverse and uniquely talented individuals who applied to join us, said Timothy Brunold, USC dean of admission. Both in state and out of state applicants are included in these figures. USCs acceptance rate makes the college highly selective. The events of your visit include an informal welcome dinner with current students on Wednesday evening. Applicants must meet minimum requirements for admission to the university (overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0). He applied on the last day of priority deadline I think. The deadline for applications is 11:59:59 pm Eastern Time (ET) on November 30th, 2022. We will cover the cost of your travel, lodging, and most meals and will assist you in making travel arrangements. I am hoping to go into clinical cancer research and science writing, but I am not interested in becoming a professor. USC does have two application deadlines, though: December 1 and January 15. Cultivate one or two Tier 1-2 extracurriculars (find your spike), Extracurriculars are an important part of USCs admissions process and can carry serious weight when applying to coveted programs like the universitys film school. The intercollegiate teams at USC include Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Rowing, Football, Golf, Beach Volleyball, Water Polo, and Lacrosse. The. There are more than 450,000 living alumni in the Trojan Family. More sharing options. mathematically, USC accepts about 12 applicants out of every 100 applicants. The USC Trojans are known for their legendary football program. You also get to choose from among a dozen fields to study. For more USC-specific essay advice, check out our article, , How to Write the USC Supplemental Essays 2021-2022, Because USC places considerable weight on your letter of recommendation, youll want to get the best one possible. 2023-2024. Additionally, USC does not accept credential evaluation reports in lieu of official academic records issued by your institution of study. An official decision letter shall be sent to you whenever a decision is made. They are willing to venture outside their comfort zones. Nearly 58.8% of classes have fewer than 20 students. Average GPA: 3.79. The USC acceptance rate is among the lowest in the country at 16%. QWERTYMNB97. Top schools that receive a huge number of applications use a tool known as the Academic Index to streamline the admissions process. The average high school GPA of USCs Class of 2025 is, The middle 50% SAT and ACT scores for USCs class of 2025 are. Few of the more popular groups include Cognitive Science Club, Anatomical Drawing Society, Economics Association, Inter-Health Council, Glimpse from the Globe, Keck Student Ambassadors, Organization for the Appreciation of Classic Cinema, Men in Social Work, Plastic Surgery Interest Group, SC Racing, SC Rappers, and Sociology Club. PIBBS About Associate Dean's Corner Prospective Students Apply to PIBBS Financial Support Recruitment & Interview Visit Recruitment Schedule PhD Programs Cancer Biology and Genomics Development, Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine Infectious Diseases, Immunology and Pathogenesis Medical Biophysics Faculty CBG Faculty DSR Faculty MBPH Faculty Hey guys! Almost two-thirds of all undergraduates at USC receive some form of financial aid. It is vital that you pay special attention to their deadlines and file the financial aid application well in time. And, thats not it. Molecular and Computational Biology is full of professors who want to see their students succeed and are eager to collaborate. If you dont want to go into academia and you dont mind being locked into the Midwest, OSU will be a great option. Admit Rate: 23.6%: Transfer Class Size: 1,297: Average College GPA : 3.75 - 4.00 . Based on our analysis you would have a pretty good shot at getting a seat at USC with an ACT score higher than 33 or an SAT score of 1540. Applications and all supporting materials must be received no later than December 1, for full consideration. All applicants are made aware of the admissions committees decision by April. This means that for every 100 applicants, there are only 11 that get admitted to this premier university. FilmSchool.org USC Acceptance Rate: 32% (73 out of 230 applications) Lowest Reported Minimum GPA: 2.4. If your application is being considered for acceptance, the PIBBS Program will invite you for an on-campus interview. Wait what? I have an interview at USC soon. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. We look for those students we believe will thrive at USC. Parent commenter can delete this message to hide from others. Of those admitted, 26 percent are from underrepresented minority groups, while 69 percent are students of color. Like many highly selective universities, we conduct a comprehensive, holistic review of your application to consider academic and personal characteristics. Nearly 20% of undergraduate students are part of the Greek social scene. Download the First-Year (Freshman) Student Profile (PDF), Take the time to explore your options and find the school thats the best fit for you one that will give you the college experience you want, and a place where you can call home., Download the Transfer Student Profile (PDF). Potential future alumni celebrate their acceptance letters on social media. Published on November 2nd, 2016. You can get more information about USC campus life and admissions process by calling the undergraduate admission office at (213) 740-1111 or using their web form. And international students from 96 countries comprise 14% of those admitted, a rate comparable to previous years. USC vs. UC Berkeley: Which College is Right for You? A letter from a research mentor is considered an essential part of the application package. Each class has about 51% of female students and 49%, male. You can expect an average financial aid package of $31,496. Of course, what you do as a postdoc is what really matters. USC accepts the Common Application and in addition to it youll need: Interested in learning more about USC? There are a lot of colored people that self-identify as belonging to minority cultures. No matter what program youre applying to at USC, submitting your application by the December 1 scholarship deadlineeven if you arent applying for a scholarshipis a good way to improve your chances of getting into the university. I also have a USC interview and would love to know this as well! Any score in the middle 50% is good, but the higher into the range you score, the greater your chances of gaining admission. They are highly selective in their admissions process, which means you get to learn with the most gifted and talented individuals. The acceptance rate for admitted students this year was under 12%, a slight decrease of half a percentage point from last year. All applications are evaluated . admit rate Middle 50% GPA (un-weighted, 4.00 scale) 5-4.00 3.8 3 3.9 From schools in California 42 %40 0 It participates in the score choice programs and you get to have your highest score considered by the admissions office for each individual section across all the SAT tests. I can't speak much to the specifics of the cancer research operation at Keck, but when I think about cancer programs in LA my mind goes to city of hope and cedars-sinai, so I think that says something. is a simple way to understand how a college like USC values your activities outside the classroom. Typically, 16% of the freshman class is comprised of Hispanic/Latino and 36% are white Caucasians. The average high school GPA of USCs Class of 2025 is 3.96 and a little more than a quarter of them graduated with a 4.0. Approximately two-thirds received some form of financial assistance. With a GPA of 3.79, USC requires you to be above average in your high school class. However, being in LA puts you in closer proximity to other universities, companies, etc, so I imagine connections may be a little easier to make in that setting but YMMV. The best part about the University of Southern California is the Trojan alumni. The PIBBS Program requires three (3) letters of reference from professors or others who can evaluate your academic and scientific potential. USC does not offer early action or early decision admissions, a common way many applicants seek to gain an admissions advantage. Gaining admission to USC is hard. The athletic programs are top-notch and really bring all the students together. The undergraduate program in the film school's John Wells Division of Writing for Screen & Television, for instance, admits just 30 students each fall, while . Applicants to these majors should apply by December 1 to be considered for both admission and scholarships. This institution did not used to offer any type of Early Action or Early Decision option. Once you clear USCs academic thresholds, essays are the best way to set yourself apart from the competitionUSC considers them very important. USCs application includes a writing supplement featuring two required essays and one optional essay. Undergraduate Admission . Applications are available for submission online from September 15, 2022 .