Since the pandemic, we havent ventured out. "If it was a couple inches higher or a couple inches to the left or right. Once browsing, make sure to check the boxes labeled "Bureau of Land Management Lands" and "Land Status" as shown in the figure below. Dont let the muzzle of a firearm point at anything you do not intend to shoot. Get of at Hodge Rd. Needless to say, this was a common sight the mishandling of the weapons by kids thankfully not all were on opposite sides of the road from their targets. How long ago was this? A gunman responsible for multiple shootings while traveling around the city and filming it on Facebook Live has been caught, police said. It seemed like it appeared out of nowhere. I have to wait until all the info is in before I make a statement. CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Let others know your plans. I've been out there on Saturdays for the past 2 weeks from around 8am-11am with no issues and plenty of people out there. Most visitors access the area to the east, off Interstate 15 at the Outlet Center Drive Exit (Sidewinder Road) or at the Hodge Road Exit, to the south on I-15. Come prepared. Possible by car, truck strongly recommended. Please shoot safely. In California, there are no designated target shooting sites managed by the BLM, but recreational shooting opportunities are available on undeveloped lands, and at several public shooting ranges. I have seen the BLM lawmen out there a few times, they were good guys when I had to interact with them. He was arrested after wrecking at the intersection of Hodge Road and Ivan Road. It was even worse closer to the interstate. Anyone have any info? If felt like someone hit me with a hammer," he said. Shotguns. (This is sarcasm.). From Barstow, take California Highway 247 (Barstow Road Exit from I-15) and go south 10 miles, turn either on Stoddard Wells Road or on to the access road behind the Slash-X Cafe. At least I think that's what more. connected to the .gov website. I suggested going there at the crack of dawn before it gets to hot or wait until the winter months. In addition, wear hunter orange when required. I'm looking for no cost place to go shooting. So I moved from Glendale to Victorville, I had to find another BLM shooting range. It is illegal to possess and/or discharge fireworks. Forest Headquarters Important - Shooters must call ahead to the Activity/PAL Level number 1-909-382-2997 (pre-recorded message) to find out the status of this shooting area for that day. What does it mean If I have a California Campfire Permit? document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Unless specifically prohibited, public lands managed by BLM are open to hunting underCalifornia Department of Fish and Wildlife Hunting Regulations. Collaborative Action and Dispute Resolution, https://www.blm.gov/sites/default/files/docs/2023-02/WEMO_Stoddard_Valley_508.pdf. Open your browser to Publiclands.org and select the state you live in or wish to shoot. heres the page so you can call and order your map through BLM.. The experiences are as varied as the landscapes. It's amazing how many times I have heard this same thing from various people and for various location. J just wish others respected the land. If you have questions on areas that may be appropriate for hunting, you are encouraged to contact theBLM Field Office having jurisdiction over the area. Shooting is strictly prohibited in developed recreation sites and other areas where posted. We arent talking just a little, we are talking about so much that is was disgusting. (LogOut/ You are using an out of date browser. Im usually always alone and Ive never had a problem there. Shooters are responsible for fires started by recreational activities. is lytle creek open to the publis still. Change), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Weather and conditions may change quickly so pack accordingly. This one is the Hodge Road Outdoor Shooting Area near Barstow, California. You get the key, come and go as you like. I was out there yesterday. It is illegal to bring, dispose of, or possess any glass container, empty or not, within the open area. Safety is your responsibility. The area is hot and arid. The BLM is a multi-use agency. I really don't know how they could have made that mistake," he said. There were a lot of people and cars . Pictures: The hillside had a TON OF WASTE! The further you drive down Hodge the more open space you can find more. Practice Leave No Trace and Tread Lightly principles. Always wear proper hearing protection and safety glasses. Learn how your comment data is processed. As we were setting up a table, someone near us yelled Cease Fire. The 150-yard area is a safety zone.. Dont people know the mantra LEAVE NO TRACE? If you call the apple valley sherrifs station and hit o. The LInk above is the one that has the number to call. Copyright Jesse's Hunting & Outdoors L.L.C. Claim this business Website. It is illegal to bring, dispose of, or possess any firewood containing nails, screws or other metal hardware within the open area. Anybody have a contact at the San Bernardino Sheriff's where we can get the straight story? From Barstow, take California Highway 247 (Barstow Road Exit from I-15) and go south 10 miles, turn either on Stoddard Wells Road or on to the access road behind the Slash-X Cafe. Caltrans officials tweeted about two hours later that southbound lanes had reopened, while the northbound lanes remained closed at Hodge Road, which is roughly 5 miles south of Sidewinder. Will post when I recieve it. John went to Raahauges recently but that is so expensive! If this is the case I'm surprised we do not hear of people getting busted out there more often. What days are Hodge Road Shooting Area open? A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States. Official websites use .gov A .gov Every time I've been I can see the crowd at Hodge from the freeway. He said the two had wrapped up around noon and were getting ready to head home when it happened. It is about 1.5 to 2 hrs away. with the stoddard wells map. 4.7K views 4 years ago Searching for the best place to shoot in the Los Angeles area, we turn to desert shooting at Hodge Road. Bureau of Land Management It is your responsibility to know of any hunting restrictions and where they apply. That is the map I have been going off of. Im hosting a cleanup next Saturday if anybody would like to join us. A known spot to locals, it can be crowded in the weekends. Public lands administered by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) are available for a variety of undeveloped recreational activities, including target shooting, except where prohibited by federal, state, and local laws. Dozens of signs scattered around the Hodge Road site greeted Dan Harley, a recreational shooter from Apple Valley, when he ventured there last month to do some shooting. An investigator with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department Barstow Station went to the location, and they believe the bullet was a stray. This is truly a hidden gem for shooting outdoors, this place is awesome open space lots of room to set up and, We pick up our own trash but some fools think it's ok to leave empty boxes of amo and. As we drove along the hillside to find a place to set up, we encountered a group who actually had all their weapons set up on one side of the dirt road and their targets on the other side. Whenever you venture out on public lands, you should follow outdoor ethics to preserve the great outdoors for future generations. Report crimes to resources including vandalism, dumping and suspicious activity at 1-800-637-9152. Crossing private lands to access public land is not permitted, unless you obtain and carry written, date-specific permission from the private landowner. That is what kept going through my mind, this could have been a lot worse," said Stadelman. TheCalifornia Department of Fish and Wildliferegulates hunting and fishing on all public lands. Map Information, Interactive Visitor Map: San Bernardino National Forest. website belongs to an official government organization in the Copyright 20042023 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. I got my map from Blm and its huge. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites. 1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. This state is so jacked up, they want us to be stuck in small shooting areas and confined so they can controll us. Last weekend I went out to Hodge Road for the first time (a popular BLM land shooting site in Southern California off of the It shows areas for shooting shotgun, rifle and Handgun. Please check the map on-site to make sure you stay in the riding area. Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. February 28, 2020 declutteringthestuff 20 public lands in 2020. They publish hunting regulations that listall the season dates. The triangular-shaped riding area is formed by Interstate 15 and California Highway 247 (Barstow Road), immediately south of Barstow. Maps are $4.00 each and can be purchased atany of our offices. San Bernardino, CA 92408 i drove up there for the first time, i really like it but theres too much trash. It was at the top of the hill people were shooting into. Shooting Range; 4.5. The BLM map linked above shows a legal area to shoot solid projectiles west of the 15 at Hodge Rd. I can see why the BLM would shut this down. Hodge Road is a decent shooting area, I too have taken away several bags and bundles of garbage from there. ALWAYS Keep The Gun Unloaded Until Ready To Use4. Dress appropriately for the season and changing weather. 29980 Hodge Rd Apple Valley Apple Valley, California, 92307, As enthusiasts and frequent visitors ofHodge Road we launched this websiteTo help other visitors. Some BLM maps can also be found on the BLM website. We were VERY DISAPPOINTED! A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States. I would sure like to know who American Wildlife Services are, but I'm to lazy to do the research. 10/2/2021 Christanne C. Went here today around 7:30am. Mon: . When target shooting, always use appropriate targets and backstops. An interactive online mapis also helpful in locatingpublic lands. Hodge Road. Barstow, CA 92311. Hodge Road Shooting Area is open Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun. Be safe and follow all the basic smart shooter rules like shoot at a backdrop that will stop any bullets especially rifle rounds. in 4 reviews, This is truly a hidden gem for shooting outdoors, this place is awesome open space lots of room to set up and shoot. in 12 reviews, We pick up our own trash but some fools think it's ok to leave empty boxes of amo and trash.. in 15 reviews, Most of the bikers, quaders go on the other side of the freeway, same area as riding up at the gun side is a bad idea due to all the bullets flying around at every corner. It was an extremely stressful 1/2 hour or so with so many emotions. Obviously the family dogs had it coming. other than that, waiting on more info. Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories. Why cant they just leave us alone?I bet the shooting areas they slected you cant get a target over 100 yards! United States government. Anyways as for Hodge she told me that it is all privatly owned. (about 10-20 minutes past Victorville) Turn left and go back over freeway. Best. Does the fire closure not apply to Hodge Road? Listen for Area 665: 1 & 2: Shooting all day. What ever happend to going for a drive in the hills and plinking? As far as I know they're still open. a buddy was shooting at hodge road today . still open. 14 million acres available for hunting and recreational shooting 350 miles of river available for fishing Home . Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites. You are going to have to drive a little more north on the I15 to find a spot to shoot. A lock ( I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill. Recent Instagram posts @declutteringthestuff links below, Adventures with Winnie (and other travels), Follow Decluttering the Stuff on WordPress.com, Oh, the memories (not necessarily a goodone), Yellowstone National Park in winter (part2), Yellowstone National Park in the winter! Sorry it turned out so bad! A lock ( He said the two had wrapped up around noon and were getting ready to head . pm for more. Lets keep it that way. Dude i have gone there a few times with friends. Be prepared to avoid getting lost, dehydrated, or injured. California Fish and Game Code Section 3004: It is unlawful for a person, other than the owner, person in possession of the premises, or a person having the express permission of the owner or person in possession of the premises, while within 150 yards of an occupied dwelling house, residence, or other building, or within 150 yards of a barn or other outbuilding used in connection with an occupied dwelling house, residence, or other building, to either hunt or discharge a firearm or other deadly weapon while hunting. Target shooting is generally allowed on BLM-administered public lands, as long as it is done in a safe manner, without damaging natural resources or improvements on public lands. I'm planning a trip down to hodge road (I know its going to be hot) in the next few coming weeks and I was trying to find some map or resource online to see if it is still open or if it is closed to due some fire restriction. He has been placed into custody, according to DeSoto County Sheriff's Office. Shell casings were EVERYWHERE! CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Corona man Reid Stadelman is counting his blessings five days after he was shot with a .308 bullet. Anything south is shotgun only. Other visitors may be using the same areas for recreational uses such as camping, hiking, biking, and rock-hounding. http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/ting-area.html, http://www.socalcamping.com/shooting/shoot_info.html, http://www.californiadesert.gov/addi=noralg&act=hu, http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/barstow/recshoot.html, http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/info/iac/maps_pubroom.html, http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialnarea_8x11.pdf, An older thread about hodge rd. (909) 382-2682 (Voice) Important - Shooters must call ahead to the Activity/PAL Level number 1-909-382-2997 (pre-recorded message) to find out the status of this shooting area for that day. When I get it in the next 5 days I will post it for my fellow Calguners. Safe and prudent actions should be followed at all times. "I said, 'Well, I think I got shot. This list of regulations and tips should help OHV users and other recreationists appreciate and enjoy the use of these public lands. The area offers diverse landscapes for OHV recreation, including steep rocky mountains, rolling hills, open valleys, and winding sandy washes. "To be honest, I was just very thankful that my daughter wasn't hit. You can call the BLM office for that area. i heard a few years ago they had reopened but with restrictions or something like that. It becomes a dirt road about a quarter mile from freeway. Barstow office likely. You can still shoot there - you just have to go further around the hill to the right, or to the other side (left, as you enter the area and leave the pavement) of the valley. Make sure to never dry-fire a bow, use proper arrows that you store in a quiver and stay alert around broadheads. All entrances are dirt roads. They flagged down another rider to help load up their bikes, and they drove to the hospital where he tried to explain what might have happened. Official websites use .gov Motorized vehicles should yield to non-motorized craft and aircraft. This was the deciding factor for us we dont belong here and need to leave! Publiclands.org land search. At $120.00 a year, my West End Gun Club membership is the best investment I've made in quite a while. Gun owners said the area, just off the Hodge Road exit, had been open for years as an informal, public shooting range. Those who know us know this is very normal behavior for us! I ordered a Newberry map. Directions Advertisement. Hodge Road California. People are pigs who dont care. Practice proper rifle and archery safety. You must log in or register to reply here. Draining holding tanks and littering is prohibited. Winter temperatures may drop below freezing, and desert winds are frequent and strong. So all these years of letting us shoot on his land was ruined. If you call the apple valley sherrifs station and hit o. Barstow Field Office Hours. There are many opportunities for hiking, rock scrambling, rock hounding, plant viewing, bird and wildlife watching. It was windy and very crowded. ), ISO Replacement Forearm Pads for a Beretta Extrema. I thought something fell from the sky. Highways into the San Bernardino Mountains are closed to drivers, CA's snowfall so far rivals state's record-setting season: Officials, Lesion removed from President Biden's chest was cancerous: doctor. The BLM Surface Management Status maps and DAGmaps do not show specific areas for hunting or target shooting. Carrying passengers is prohibited on ATVs; rememberSafety First, Every Ride, Every Time. I was going to call BLM but they do not have a contact number, all contact is through email. Some areas may . Dont enter private lands without contacting the landowner and getting permission first. Maps do not display specific hunting and shooting sites. Next time we wander out that way, we will drive further in. Not anymore. Every time I visit BLM land I take 4 to 5 extra trash bags cause I know I'm gonna have to clean up someone else's mess as well as my own. California Condor Range: Since July 1, 2008, theuse of projectiles containing lead when hunting big game and nongame species in an area designated as the California condor range have been prohibited bythe California Fish and Game Commission. I look at it as my way of cleaning up the environment. All the irresponsible assholes shoot at the first hill. But he is especially grateful the bullet hit him where it did. She was very nice too. Hodge Road Shooting Area [20100 - 20298] Hodge Rd Helendale CA 92342. Predator Hunting (Coyote, Bobcat, Fox, Wolf, Cougar, etc. The lady there will fax you a map for the shotgun areas. In the San Bernardino National Forest, visitors can only target shoot in designated and signed areas and only at certain timesdue to fire danger rating. 514.10 for closed areas, exceptions, and additional details). Hodge Road Shooting Area. PM "SB71".he was there shooting today but claimed the CHP plane kept flying in circles watching him. Press J to jump to the feed. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. I drive 2 hours to shoot at Hodge Rd, but I have driven as far as Arizona to shoot at their ranges. The Stoddard Valley Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Recreation Area encompasses approximately 50,000 acres managed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Barstow Field Office. On Sunday, the 37-year-old Corona man was out dirt bike riding with his daughter off Hodge Road just outside of Barstow. Treat cultural sites with respect. And Warrens Center Road sort of split. I have gone in a friend's truck and it is nice. Don't know which map you need? There are designated spots near Calico. I would like to thank the sheriffs Dept Apple valley and BLM they were both more than helpful. Please use thisgeoreferenced map. Website: hodgeroad.com; Address: Apple Valley, CA 92307; Hours: Open 24 Hours; . That junk is disgusting! Solid copy, many thanks for taking the time to contribute! Come prepared! so true! How far in do you go and are campfires allowed? This has always been a unique event for us as we schedule it during the summer in an attempt to "spread out" our events. We would NOT recommend this location. Over 99 percent of BLM-managed lands are open to hunting, fishing and recreational shooting . Yep, I remember telling the little lady that Hodge Rd would be history as soon as I seen the building on the hill.