92 Comments. " These are humanist, artist, conceptualist, and catalyst. You struggled in school. The biggest users of this term were Nancy Ann Tappe, Lee Caroll, and Jan Tober. I understand exactly what it's like to struggle as an Indigo Child. While all labels and concepts used to describe the ego are illusory constructs of the mind, finding a sense of affinity with the indigo child label is extremely beneficial. This continued until about one year ago when I felt myself getting more sick and tired. According to Tappe, this generation will experience the Dark Night of the Soul from 2026 until 2036. Indigos live with purpose. And have had the chance to prevent a very heinous crime. I've spent my whole life, not knowing "what I want to be when I grow up." I still don't know! I am 43 and now understand my mission here at long last! Its natural that people as open-minded as indigo children would be interested in topics most people are closed to. In Human Design Im a 3/6 Generator . My whole life to date has been filled with the darkest times that would break in half and probably mentally institutionalised a normal person. The concept of "Indigo Babies" or "Indigo Children" originated in the mid-'70s from the New Age wave, and it designates people with an indigo aura, reincarnated advanced souls sent on . Things started to make sense for me, this was not suited for me. Ive always felt different and just alone in the world but I recently found out I was a starseed and indigo to be exact its just no one takes me seriously, mostly because Im really young and my parents and family members just think im talking crazy, Im 12 years old, almost 13 (my zodiac sign is cancer) and this website is really helpful so thank you <3. Im a beta (69). Based on these dates Im a Gamma but I feel an urge to further google Delta, as well. I dont know how this works but my awakening I guess you could call it and my aura became strongest in 2016. 6 Keys to a Happy Life Most People Neglect, The Power of Misfits: How to Find Your Place in a World You Dont Fit In, 1984 Quotes about Control That Are Scarily Relatable to Our Society, 10 Signs of Negative Energy in a Person to Pay Attention to, 6 Things to Do Before the New Year to Make Your Life Better. They are often labeled (and misdiagnosed) as having ADD or ADHD because they won't comply with established rules and patterns; and they may exhibit behavioral problems at home and at school. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases, this means whenever you buy a book on Amazon from a link on here, we receive a small percentage of its price at no extra cost to you. As I just mentioned above, indigo children are obsessed with finding the truth this cannot be said of every person or every child. Luna & Sol Pty Ltd 2012 - 2022 LonerWolf.com. Please dont be sidetracked on what sort of Indigo you are as in the end we all come here with different talents that we have developed along the way. The primary role of the indigo child seems to revolve around exposing truth and deception. If youre like me and feel incredibly self conscious and embarrassed, dont give up. This pending split has seen vast numbers of souls incarnating recently as souls scramble to speed up there lessons in order not be left behind. He is very smart but never embraced the game of school. We are here to shine, to inspire and project our your love without limit or judgement and to ALL souls. As a lover of autonomy, you enjoy solitude and the insight it can bring. Kids of this age from all around the world joined together at the same time without the internet (it wasnt invented yet) and created a very cohesive movement. Indigo children are incredibly open-minded. It has taken me most of my life to understand my strange powers: empathic, apparently somewhat psychic, and an intuitive healer. 133 Comments. They are born with a huge heart and bring joy and harmony to their families. Star children are divided into three categories: Indigo, Crystal and Rainbow. If it seems like bragging, it is not; I sat on my knowledge for almost twenty years because I thought it wasnt true. Interesting & it explains much. It was this aura-sensing and not the actualmeaning of synesthesia, which is much cooler on account of actually being proven to exist that she was using the word to describe. Youve never been quite normal. Indigos often feel like outsiders growing up because their openness and empathy set them apart from how others feel, think, and act. Nancy Ann Tappe first coined the term when she discovered the emergence of a new set of children that produced an indigo aura, a color that she hadnt seen before. Although they might come in conflict with others because of their nature, they must learn to take it on the chin. You May Get Have a wisdom and level of caring beyond their youthful experience Have a wisdom and level of caring beyond their youthful experience Emotionally they can be reactive and may have problems with anxieties, depression or temper rages if not energetically Welcome! Whatever emotion you are feeling in the current moment, you feel it fully. Indigo children are a new generation of gifted children blessed with supernatural abilities. 13. why is that? I never heard of this until today when trying to figure out why the lights in my place flickered when i would walk under them, at times completely going out. To their parents and teachers, they may seem like overly inquisitive, headstrong, and even obnoxious children. Indigo children are not "dingoes", but beings of all ages (children, teenagers, adults, grandparents) who have the color Indigo very evident in their aura. They are rebellious and unable to conform to dysfunctional situations at home, work, or school. Other generations tried, but then they became apathetic. Do you have any suggestions on what an Omega might need to assist with the future? You are intellectual and very spiritually inclined. And Im An Indigo Too, I Dont Feel Like This Is The Right Body For Me Because My Spirit And Soul Is So Ancient. I would really love some guidance or recommendations of where to go, what to read, who to contact, any helpful information would be greatly appreciated. I think I am a Lyran too. This is because your goals are bigger than you. I am also a gamma indiego. In 2001, I worked with several of the writers who contributed to the Indigo Children book to do a newsletter, which we called the Rainbow Bridge. This is marked by the Moon in a water sign, such as Pisces or Cancer. She showed m the reading that she sees normally (for 35 years), and said , You see? This does not mean that every child with ADD is an Indigo child. Indigo children are very curious and introspective. Routine and stereotypes become a problem for you. Do you recognise indigo child traits within yourself? Only in 2010 did a woman tell me that I might be an early Indigo. "What is your normal day like?" It depends on the day. Something that helps me is meditation, thats what I used to do when I was scared or when I was afraid but with time I have learnt to become one. You are wiser and more mature than people your age. This spark may have many parts or elements, and whatever way it appears, its final goal is to offer the world your unique perspective. Feeling lost, confused, or alone? The Gamma is the third generation of Indigochildren, born between1978 and 1988. Always been an outcast, overly sensitive, and Ive been struggling with addiction for about 10 years now. Indigo children are known for their incredible imaginations. One of the main indicators of an indigo child is someone born with a much higher than normal sense of curiosity. You also tend to struggle with depression sometimes. Good luck to us both! Loving ourselves is the answer. Truth is a very important virtue to you because that is what you stand for. You probably feel like you can hear a higher power urging you to keep true to your purpose. You feel a divine urge to create change in the existing status quo, especially when the status quo tends towards injustice and unfairness. The compassion you feel for others, when directed inward will ignite the Light. This can cause you to set very high standards for yourself. 16. You challenge ideas and beliefs as none is too sensitive or sacred to analyze. My aura reader always sees my energy as dark green and blue, almost indigo, which makes sense, as that is teaching & healing and peaceful energy. They question the way things are and why they are like that. Your keen perception allows you to discover the truth about the human condition, and how to ultimately help. Julia is the founder of The Spirit Nomad and helps lightworkers step into their power and soul mission. I study all areas in life concerning helping others in need, whatever the need. var app_592528901e442500114c76f3;(function(d, t){var s=d.createElement(t),options={"appId":"592528901e442500114c76f3","width":"800","height":"800","async":true,"host":"quiz.tryinteract.com","no_cover":true};s.src='https://i.tryinteract.com/embed/app.js';s.onload=s.onreadystatechange=function(){var rs=this.readyState;if(rs)if(rs!='complete')if(rs!='loaded')return;try{app_592528901e442500114c76f3=new InteractApp();app_592528901e442500114c76f3.initialize(options);app_592528901e442500114c76f3.display();}catch(e){}};var scr=d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0],par=scr.parentNode;par.insertBefore(s,scr);})(document,'script'); Aletheia is a prolific psychospiritual writer, author, educator, and guide whose work has touched the lives of millions worldwide. We help lightworkers step into their power and soul mission. I hope that more people will be enlightened by this information. "Tell me something about me." You are a skeptic. In one account I read, a child diagnosed as indigo described themselves as an emperor from another planet who had fallen into his mothers womb by accident; another girl casually spoke to gnomes.. The Indigo Child is a child who displays a new and unusual set of psychological attributes that reveal a pattern of behavior generally undocumented before. The 1900's spawned the Indigo Generation of psychic conciousness inbred to new children. While it is true that the indigo child label can be misused, just as any label can, the true signs of an indigo child are so specific that they cannot be widely applied to every person. I can certainly do that for you no problem at all. What Is An Indigo Child Or Crystal Child? These traits often put indigo children at odds with established authority. A medium told me I was an adult Indigo in 2010 I became a lightworker . There were many reasons for that, not least of which was improved diagnosis and more easily available drugs a number of patents for mental health treatments happened to run out in the early 2000s, making them suddenly a hell of a lot cheaper for those who needed them. You have a feeling you are special in some way but not in a narcissistic way. This wave will soon be split in order that all can be afforded the right space suitable for there evolution. Rainbow children came to the Earth in 2000. I wish everyone the very best in the accomplishment of their mission. Especially for children, this can be a hard time of learning how to trust your instincts. They are intuitive and are misunderstood by the status quo. Thats what Ive started doing lately and its more beautiful than I ever imagined. I am also an Omega Indigo! Previously, auric fields were expected shades of the rainbow, but the Indigos' field was dominated by a royal blue color. As I have always been free spirited and was always more then intellectual factual stuff, I was also outgoing and sporty, adventurous, social, active, i was more then books and facts. First it was Indigo, which has been around for a while. 11. Colorology assigns meanings to specific colors and also refers to their use for therapeutic purposes.. Love, Simon. Indigos are known for their anti-establishment leanings and their drive to see the old ways overturned and a new, better path forged. By the way, indigo children arent the only people to be so diagnosed. According to Tober and Carroll [two of the most famous indigo proponents], indigo children may function poorly in conventional schools due to the child's rejection of authority, their being smarter or more spiritually mature than their teachers, and their lack of response to guilt-, fear- or manipulation-based discipline, notes a 2019 Edinburgh Skeptics article. Many people criticize the indigo child concept as being one that can be misused by parents seeking to make their children look special, particularly if they have special needs. Listen to your Souls calling. You may be an Indigo Child. Rainbow Children. I am who I am and I dont fit into one social box nor can you slap a label on me, I dont bow down to social conformity nor will I tone myself down or be less of who i am to fit into a crowd or group. It's driven me crazy! They are gifted souls empowered with various spiritual and psychic abilities. Indigos integrate their intelligence with a higher understanding, awareness, and consciousness. When I follow it, I end up receiving data downloads there. Indigo children are concerned with making life meaningful. I cant be nice I always react in a boss bitch sarcastic who the fuck do you think you are attitude towards them. You can be very special or a bit special, but not very unique or a bit unique. Hello. If the person has a lot of planets in Aquarius in his or her natal chart, this could also describe an Indigo Child. I am starting the need to be carried and can no longer pull as I did in my younger years. Sorry to be picky but we never stop learning as I found with your lovely article. My omega, I fear, I may be failing. The youngest are Crystal Children which are about seven and under, but . Find Out if You Are Indigo, Crystal or Rainbow Child In a previous article, Indigo children of the new Millennium, we spoke about the main characteristics and abilities of the Indigo children and adults. 2. As an indigo child, you may notice that you have been blessed with rare gifts even as a child. Like the systems were built to make me fail- and I hate playing games I can't win. Don't label yourself as someone "special" aka Indigo child. Finally, two years ago, she said You can do no more. Six months later, some indigo and aqua had crept in. To my fellow indigo brothers and sisters I say this, WE ARE THE CHANGE!!! Indigo Children's Traits, Characteristics, & Test Indigo Children is a topic that many people regard as a myth. A typical feature of both generations, Alpha and Beta, is that theylook much younger than they actually are, Tappe says. Heavy, right? Its not easy to be an indigo child. This isnt to say you think highly of yourself or like you are going to be an important historical figure, just that you have a sense of duty and purpose in this life. Since early childhood, the Alpha hada feeling of being different, as if they did not belong to their home, country, or parents. I dont like self-proclaiming indigo because it reminds me of part of the problem we face here today. May have rebelled in school. They dont do well with rigid structure, because they dont understand the need for it. I dont like people touching me or grabbing me unexpectedly as I have gone into a trans like state seeing snippets of this persons future leaving me feel exasperated and dazed. So, you find you have to set up boundaries so that these obstacles are prevented. If you have discovered that youre an indigo child, you might benefit from the following tips: Finally, if youre still uncertain about whether youre an indigo child or not, you can take our free indigo child test. I was stuck in my head by the bank of this river, having these thoughts as I watched the diverse group of insects all fly around this flower. Without any religious traditions. As a kid, were you more empathetic and aware of your emotions than others? I thought to myself, the same way this bee receives the nectar, we too can do the same. Signs a child may be indigo include strong intuition, creativity, also a headstrong, passionate, and questioning character, wrote James Taylor, recounting his own experiences with the term in an article for Glasgow University Magazine last year. If you have found any comfort, support or guidance in our work, please consider donating: document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I'd like to receive your latest weekly newsletter! You find it difficult to obey authority, particularly when that authority is corrupt, illogical or outdated. You may have felt out of place, and youre looking for the best place to satisfy your curiosity. Possible indigo child physical traits. Katie has a PhD in maths, specializing in the intersection of dynamical systems and number theory. Indigo Child Test 1. We wrote this article about Star . I know things. Finally, indigo children are a blessing to the world. Indigo children have come to show us the way we have forgotten. Also referred to as a crystal or star child, an indigo child is a person who has come into this world destined to create change and spiritually awaken humanity. Had a deep interest in 'weird': paranormal and psychic phenomena. However, the both of us are Indigo Crystals, a rare select few who were born between 1990-2000, and this is the even higher psychic conciousness inbred unto us. Unfortunately, some other indigo child traits cause indigo children to undergo periods of turmoil, especially in their childhood and adolescence. Dearest Alexa, always be sure of your intuitions. One of the characteristics of the fourth generation isthe pure indigo color of the aura. Being and giving LOVE. Doctors say that they have ADD or ADHD, but Nancy Tappe says "Indigo Children" have something even more special inside them. Inner Child Test: What is S/he Trying to Tell You? While this is a good trait to have as an indigo child, it is also important to take care and not put too much pressure on yourself or others around you. Indigo children are said to have been born between 1978 and 1988. Who Are The Real Female Narcissists? Everyone wants to feel special and that indigo thing might be something to distract you from your real purpose. Because I refused my gift when I was younger I am trying to reconnect with it. You are what you attract and you become what you manifest and you rip what you sow By the power of 3 3 As it is above, so below Bless it be peeps . I have omitted typical signs often mentioned on other websites like sense of entitlement and feeling special and like you should be revered because these, to me, represent narcissism or unhealthy parenting styles more than genuine indigo child signs. You have a creative outlet. As an indigo child, you tend to ask questions such as Why do we suffer? What is the meaning of life? Why is there injustice? Why was I born? Such deep philosophical questions cause you to lose interest in the meaningless pursuits carried out by the majority of humanity. I've always felt like I was WAITING for something, but I have no idea WHAT!! In addition, they are aware and bright in their perceptions . As children, many Indigos were diagnosed with ADD or ADHD because they were very active. Scientist are now realizing the wisdom of Eistein and those before and after him. Michele: Parenting an Indigo child is one of the most fulfilling things a parent can ever have the opportunity of doing with his or her child. Theres a lot of work to be done still. You have the ability to tell when someone is being truthful and when someone is telling lies or hiding the truth. People usually guess my age 15 years younger than my actual age. Start here . My journey started then and keeps going. After all, the indigos are said to possess unique qualities, so maybe its just a metaphor for being a gifted, sensitive, and highly creative individual. This is the first generation with the minimum protective shield. Thom Dunn 4:38 am Tue Feb 28, 2023. Yes, there are. Between 1996 and 2008, the number of kids being prescribed stimulants for ADHD increased by nearly 50 percent, as did the rates of antidepressant and anti-anxiety medications. 4. To be truly remarkable in a world ruled by conformity often requires a bright spark of creativity. They are defined by their powerful drive to change the world. Your challenge is to let your years catch up to you. Awake. Highly sensitive to their environment. They tend to be androgynous and have psychic powers, such as clairvoyancy. However if you are having problems understanding what is going on then I would suggest that you check out Metagifted.org it is an online group of individuals who deal with Indigo children every day. Also always remember the golden rule LOVE LOVE LOVE! You are a gifted storyteller. The concept of indigo children was first proposed in the '70s. Now a born-again Christian who denounces all her previous work as heretical, Virtue had previously been a psychotherapist for adolescents, but by the early aughts, she was one of the lead authorities on indigo children in fact, she had literally written the book on the phenomenon, penning The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children in 2001. Your high level of empathy and compassion means that you often struggle with anxiety or depression. You honor truth above all, and even though it hurts sometimes, youd rather cope with it than believe lies. It largely ignores - and contributes to create and intensify - rather important conditions . Indigo children are leading edge thinkers. Im a Beta and I knew as a child but lost it until recently. They all, without exception, have a blue aura. The color indigo, which is a dark blue hue with a tinge of green for good measure, is . 4. Men and women who are experiencing their first attempt at being human and their egos are running wild, especially in these times. My delta found his calling, he finished his masters Degree and will create therapy plans and work with kids on the spectrum. The Dark Night of the Soulis a period that can be particularly difficult because it is the final return of an indigo person to their mission in this life. Our names are Luna & Sol and were spiritual educators and guides currently living in Perth, Western Australia. Indigo children are the spiritual leaders, rebels, and revolutionaries of this planet. Not sure,just heard about Indigo children recently.I am empathetic beyond what is normal,cant even watch posts on the suffering of others,I get depressed by the pain around me!I tend to discuss issues that expose the dark side of people and try to enlighten them,I am some what of a troll hunter,shutting down most very quickly as I wont back down cause good will prevail as I see it!I am a gifted writer,poetry comes easily to me,as does most writing but always too impatient to actually do much writing unless it has a direct purpose.I have started to paint and make creatve jewelry,some for helping animal rescue and some for chindrens causes.I have no kids as I spent my life dedicated to those with behavior problems,been reffered to as a spengalli by many that knew me,I dont see that,but I think I am kind enough to be an angel on earth.I am a giver,a defender of the down trodden,a lover of the sun,most of my paintings are sun related.I am only comfortable with people like myself and close family and friends,somewhat reclusive.I think I am different and always have been,my mom said I used to talk to the angels in my crib,and have encountered strange occurances,where people came into my life for brief moments,that were not supposed to be from this world,hard to explain on here,lol!My sensitivites have led to depression ,anxiety,etc,but my inner positive strength has always lifted me out of bad places,back to the light.I dream a lot about taking flight off my bed ,right to the ceiling,lol,and often have really crazy dreams that seem to take me to another dimention,which can be a lot like Alice in wonderland.I have made many predictions about fute events and people that were right,even read things out of books by sociologists that I had already written before I read tem.Not sure if Indigo,was born in Dec.1958,but I am sure I am special,and the reactions of others,especially children and animals are almost magnetic,they seem to know my heart is especially kind!Anyway just checking this out,it is really sunny and now I must go and enjoy this beautiful day! You are always seeking to distinguish truth and reality from lies and deception. According to research psychologist Russell Barkley, the New Age movement has yet to produce empirical evidence of the existence of indigo children, as the traits most commonly attributed to them are closely aligned with the Forer effect so vague that they could describe nearly anyone. Parents who buy into the indigo child idea might view their child's problematic symptoms and behaviors like inattention, and disruptive or defiant behaviors through the lens of their indigo child status or identity, Vermani said and that, she added, could lead them to dismiss, resist, or delay addressing problems through traditional channels of proper diagnosis and treatment.. Indigo adults are often said to have a close affinity with animals. I am particularly fond of math and logic puzzles too. However, without forgetting love. Youre drawn to spirituality, but not dogmatic about religion. If youre an old soul who feels a strong and profound urge to create change in society, you are likely an indigo child. I am an Alpha Indigo. An indigo person is intelligent but may be unqualified, creative and artistic, inquisitive, have attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), discontent with status quo, can be depressive, independent, strongly empathetic beings, can be emotional . Say what you need to say out loud if thats what helps you figure things out because then the confusion dissipates. But what exactly is an indigo child? All of us would prefer not to have our kids labeled with a psychiatric disorder, but in this case it's a sham diagnosis, psychiatrist Russell Barkley told the New York Times. Our core mission is to empower lost seekers to find the path back to their Souls by guiding them toward clarity, self-acceptance, and a deeper sense of meaning and purpose on the spiritual awakening journey. You have a strong drive to find purpose in life. By nature, most indigo children areold souls. Thats another big criticism leveled at those who promote the indigo child concept: the so-called indigo characteristics are so broad, and so generalizable, as to apply to just about anybody. Others flounder . You have high expectations for yourself and other people. To sum it up, if strange things happen to you, and you feel that you are on a spiritual path, and moreover, that you feel that you are on a mission to help others, it is most likely exactly what it seems to be. 2. This is not the same as having many lives, as you can be an ancient spirit/old soul without having lived thousands of lives. Trust your gut, and I know you have all experienced the wilderness call, make sure you follow them. To think so narrowly shows your prejudice towards those who are not as young as you. Youre more mature than most people your age. Love will replace hatred. Put simply, the Barnum effect is what happens when you hear a description or statement that sounds unbelievably accurate to your personal experience not realizing that in fact, it applies to just about anybody. It was necessary so could move up vibrationally; like everyone else, I am sent here to help others. Image: Maria Sbytova/Shutterstock, 5,000-Year-Old Skeletons Show Earliest Evidence Of Horseback Riding, Pavlopetri The Oldest Sunken City In The World, antidepressant and anti-anxiety medications, Yes You Can Plug A Volcano With Concrete, If You Want To Make Things Far, Far Worse, For Hundreds Of Years The Vatican Has Classed Capybara As A Fish, Stunning Woodcock Is Now The Brightest Bird Known To Science, How The Family That Walks On All Fours Baffled Scientists For Years, A Giant Destructive Blob Is Headed For Florida, And It Stinks, Anthropologist Believes An Ancient Human Species May Have Been Sighted On Flores Island, This Small, Vibrating Bracelet Might Change Your Life, Don't Travel Without These CES-Featured Translation Earbuds, Stay Warm in a Blackout with this CES-Featured Power Station, How To Take Award-Winning Photos Of Space, Five Mysteries Surrounding Space And Physics. very annoying. While I was on the other side I woke up as a divine being. My favorite was a 16th century peasant costume. Indigo children are often said to possess a strong intuition. Its how psychics and mediums make their livelihood; its why astrology is still way more popular than you might think; and according to indigo skeptics, its why so many people out there feel justified in their indigo diagnosis. Depressed at the time I cry as i type this, but i had hoped & wanted to believe whoever was doing it was of good intent to repair my previously broken bones or the constant loud ringing in my ears (tinnitus) but living w/chronic pain after multiple accidents it never went aeay, nor did the ringing but my anxiety would have killed me thinking differently, as if i was a science project of some kind. Let me know in the comments! We respect all Whadjuk Elders both past and present, and any First Nations people. EYE AM so happy to see i am not alone it has been confirmed as of yesterday that eye indeed am an Indigo child, even more interesting that i was born in 1977..