The deaths of more than 4,680 people have been documented during migration in Asia since 2014, often linked to the exodus of the Rohingya from Myanmar. While the case has since been declared closed by both the Panamanian and Dutch authorities (who worked on . How certain are we that they started at the trail head as we are told? I could be wrong, but to me this looks like it could be a hunting device of sorts, like a pit/catch trap. Its part of life in the countryside and small towns. The sun is shining right into her eyes so shes squinting and bending down a bit to see her friend, who was probably talking to her while snapping the photo. It begins to rain. and then found by someone and then the real nightmare started. Thanks for any information you can provide. Rights of initiation? Vittorio Caruso. Do the additional photos reveal anything more? I think investigation isnt the correct word. I too noticed a nose and lips appearing. Someone watched them swimming. Could the red object be a bird? Cheers. ALSO, I really want to know where and when Kris quit wearing her backpack! On the original, her face doesnt look like that at all. Thanks for pointing this out. Here is what bothers me about this event. The bones of Lisannes foot were fractured in an unusual way (from the top down). That and the deleted photo make me for first time in my studies of this incident start to suspect foul play, but well never know. https://netherlandsnewslive.com/kris-and-lisanne-went-hiking-in-panama-but-never-left-the-jungle/151903/. The backpack being found with all its contents including money and not even dirty let alone wet after weeks of constant rain-found a day after the area was checked. "Those flash floods made staging scenes or strategically placing items impossible.". I agree. Sadly however, the Beaumont children are just three of around 2,000 long-term missing people in Australia. There are no public statistics. Its a complex topic. Two years later, a 23 year old American woman is strangled to death while walking the trails. She realizes she has to try to find the river and decides to leave at dawn. Hence the bras and everything safely stacked in the backpack together both girls sunglasses and both girls phones (otherwise each girl would be carrying her own phone). One thing which confused me were the bras the smaller one looks more like a bikini top. I just would like to know if you see that as well? Perhaps the girls were lured there and that is where they met their horrible fate. Dutch authors Marja West and Jrgen Snoeren claim they have solved the mystery in their book Lost in The Jungle. It was probably done by the perpetrators in order to collect the reward money. Especially the beams and details, and the cave behind her. From January to October, 86 Navajo men and women have gone missing nationwide, said Meskee Yanabah Yatsayte, a missing-persons advocate for . If you look closely at the top left part of this photo, you can see that, behind all the criss-crossed twigs and branches, there is a bank of rock. Possibly that info can help. Out of the dozens of calls, only one managed to connect, but broke up after just two seconds due to the lack of reception. Theres no evidence that animals scavenged the Holandesas., Panamanian IMELCF Forensic Anthropologist, This is from the Daily Beast interview with Jeremy Kryt titled: The Lost Girls, the Bones, and the Man in the Panama Morgue. We have 5 people ending up dead, and the skulls of the girls are never found. Los expertos en conductas humanas (psiclogos, antroplogos, etc. There are no discernible scratches of any kind on the bones, neither of natural nor cultural origin there are no marks on the bones at all. Their story captivated me for some reason. And it seems to be leading to a dead-end. Most fingers seem to point to the Panama authorities, who have also been blamed for a poor initial search in the immediate days after the disappearance. Lisanne's bones appeared as if they had decomposed naturally - but Kris' bones were mysteriously stark white as if they had been bleached, raising questions about whether someone had been involved in her death. I think the girls were made or persuaded against their wishes and by persons unknown, to go beyond the end of the Pianista trail to goodness knows where! Also mobile signals are better at night yet no calls were attempted. Be careful. because why else would they have continued access to their phones for the next week? Yes, I can see that too Chyna Lee. All very different from the happy silly girlie pictures at the beginning. For one, the girls' camera had photos on it from hours after they stopped dialing emergency services. Also right inside the cave looks like a fox or something similar is painted on the rock. Even on my iPhone I could make it big enough to see odd things in the pic. The back of the shirt was soiled (you interpret). I implore those who are intrigued by this to read his books. Debra Ann Velleman, of Waukesha, Wis., and Sue L. Borries, of Teutopolis, Ill., are missing after their plane crashed off the coast of Panama on Jan. 3, 2022. For example, I visited numerous hostels in Panama and the hostels that have dogs usually permit their dogs to roam freely outside of the house and to come and go as they please. Its sad because Panama is a beautiful country with a lot of wonderful people. The jungle knows how to keep its secrets. I prefer to think that the two girls had some sort of accident, still horrific but better than being murdered. The alarm was initially raised about the disappearance of the girls after they missed a private walking tour of Boquete on April 2. This is significant because image 508 was the last photograph of them where they werent in any trouble. It would also show that the photos had been truly messed about with, as this one is supposed to come before the photos of her crossing the stream. They showed an incredibly brave independence which was repaid with murder. That would account for a canopy structure being built there. actually name names. as a hiker myself, it would be totally unnatural to hold your hands behind your back in that way AND bend your body AND twist your body out of alignment. She uses Kris phone, instinctively entering her own pin number. But without DNA samples, finger prints, etc, its hard to prove anything. This is because people who knew the area were able to recognize that the nighttime photos were likely taken at Caldera springs, more than 20 miles from the area the girls allegedly went missing at. It looks like an indigenous person with shiny black hair walking away from Kris. The red is the sunlight shining through the dead curled leaves. Kris Kremers, 21, and Lisanne Froon, 22, were hiking near the town of. I would start at both ends of the trail meaning working forward from where they started their walk and backwards from where their pathetic remains were found. They very quickly realized that they could not find the point where they entered the jungle and if they were in trouble, and that is when the 911 calls started. Everything suggests they had no clue what they were doing when they took the taxi to the start of the trail. If anything, they work harder to try and bring anyone to justice that harms a tourist. I would expect especially on the first day for total panic to occur and multiple attempts to be made until a decision was made to save battery strength. Only a fool thinks they were attacked by people. Also we are in the realms of Hollywood if we need such a calm and calculating mind at work other than those of the girls to abduct and or kill them and then orchestrate a smokescreen. So I see men in the cave. Packed up the bag, left it, and tried to walk out. Also subsequently one or the other phone connected without them obviously knowing. If you track the photos she takes her hair down around when she reached the top of the mountain and there are photos taken shortly after this showing her to be fine, in good spirits even. If you find more info about this, please feel free to share it. I dont see what the writer sees at all. This trip to Panama was a major life experience for Kris and Lisanne. This was incredibly naive but then they only just arrived.. What took them past the divide? For the next three days she keeps moving, weakened by exposure to the elements and at the edge of starvation. I was definitely thinking it looks like her hands might be tied behind her back here. Can it explain Lisannes foot that was broken? Thank you for your comment. But then Im immediately confronted with conflicting evidence to suggest otherwise. For what reason? Shock and fear and protecting their family from pain was the goal. Theres a lot of loose ends to be tied up, but I think this 2021 investigation can do it. Would like to know exactly where and when the final day photo was taken. ITS SHAPED LIKE A BRA. I cant explain the calls or photos or intact skin that was found. The ground is littered with leaves, twigs, and stones. Shadow play back and forth, I find it more than weird that you can clearly see the number 5. Right hand is on her hip/slightly behind back, the left is hanging down on her side or in her pocket I cant tell. However being one of the last photos taken this location would be incredibly important to have investigated back in 2014 (or even still). It seems too strange to be an accident. Think. If someone died, you would certainly write, Body can be found at xyz.. Article about our trip plans: Research Team Update Support Us, Campaign Link: Mapping The Jungle Trails Of Panama. Apparently it would also have been easy to alter the time stamps on the photos. I would like to pick your brains on your thoughts about the night photos: 1. of SOS made with a white cloth, 2. the mirror on rock 3. Im not sure though, Id have to search in my graphic editor again. However, its still possible. As soon as I zoomed in, my heart sank for her. She decided to attempt to reach her friend, or help via phone. The left-side of her head is not hair or her hand, but just the foliage in the background. My question is: Who has the ability to manipulate both the cameras internal storage database and the photos? Stop trying to read too much into it. I searched Google and I found the complete photo with the highest resolution possible. And hen you have body parts belonging to other persons also found with these girls. There is nothing ominous or cause for concern in this particular pic. Theres not a lot of information about the gangs in the Boquete area. I really hope the girls rest in peace and that nobody goes through this ever. There is definitely a face on that the post/tree to the right of Kris. The relationship between pets and owners is different in Central America than in developed countries. The families are now working on having the womens' remains brought back to the U.S., he said. Someone with darkish skin. The theories Ive read seem too far-fetched to be believable. The attacker could have taken the photos to confuse the authorities and the public. The identity of the person who took the images remains a mystery. They took the dog with them on the walk and it came back the next morning but they didnt there had to have been some clues maybe like how far could the dog have gone and still find its way back home? I believe the backpack was placed near the river in order to indicate where the remains would be found (like a flag), and perhaps the backpack was provided in hopes to receive the reward money, and the location of the backpack meant that searches would move to a different location (potentially because the police were too close to the suspects at the time). At the beginning of this video I think I see some blue dye/paint/powder on one of the mens legs and something blue on the floor. Hi Chris, great work by you on this. Dutch investigators attempted to recover the file but didnt manage to retrieve any data, which suggests that the camera was plugged into a computer and the file was deleted rather than deleted from the camera. People claiming the floor is made out of skulls, that there is a booby trap above her head, that there are 5 men with rifles watching her, that there are snakes hanging down, that she is at some sort of human sacrificial alter etc. Kids in the area could have found the backpack and were just messing around with the camera. Hi Chris, I agree that discussion should be civil but this comment section has turned into something which I consider to be absolutely ridiculous. Only returning them in hopes of getting the reward. It appears further down as well. The local jungle tribes people have been looking for the girls. Should have read this before I commented lol. to Kris left is a huge dark area that has been poorly obscured with pixellation. How close was this tribe to where they went missing? Im very curious what your experience is living in Latin America, because generalizations like your statement are certainly inconsistent with many disappearance stories and law enforcement activity here. Keep the ideas flowing guys. It appears to me that Kris has her right arm to her right temple and you can see part of her left elbow. During thistime,Kremers and Froon repeatedly called for help. Im happy my work could shed some light on the possible items in the picture. Its a subtle difference, but you can tell the girls smiles are forced in those two photos and are not like the natural happy smiles in the other summit photos. Its too cold to sleep at night, so they try to keep moving, until, in the darkness Kris falls down a ravine, hitting her head, and going into a coma. Dogs are very independent here. Is it a reasonable number? At 2:50 they start walking up to what I believe is the location in this photograph, Not a cave but an old bridge you can see the railing and bridge post and there is a weird shadow to the left behind the railing. Most of the pictures taken on April 8 are of complete darkness while some show the jungle floor, but two pictures are alarming: one is a picture of some of the girls belongings on a rock, and the other shows the back of Kremerss head with what appears to be a bloodstain in her hair. The group of 13 youngsters - nine from Coln province and four who were visiting from Panama City - left on Friday morning to go swimming in Gatn Lake. It is clear they contributed much to this by their actions. Thank you so much for walking the walk. To Jane I just gave the brief overall story of what I think happened. Im not sure if Ive found something new here, but I havent found anyone else discussing these details online. In this one its clear that Kris has her hand up, closed eyes and stuck out tongue. Dutch tourists in Panama Two Dutch tourists Kris Lemers, 21, and Lisanne Froon, 22 disappeared while out on a hike in Panama in April 2004. Feel free to comment again or send me an email. I would certainly buy it if it had been printed in English. No replies are deleted except in rare cases of spam, inappropriate language/links, or disrespect to another contributor. Ive been into crime shows lately and my husband says I should be an investigator because Im obsessed. Despite search teams, which included dogs and. Unfortunately, this camera setting is not public knowledge, but the default mode is Continuous.. Perhaps someone has just hit Kris on the right side of her head and she is putting her hand up to where it hurts. Also, sometimes the investigations go dead because the government wants the story to go away in order for the tourist trade to not be hurt. Honestly Ive hiked by myself before on a well known trail by my college and when I saw the American flag waving in the middle of the woods I was more scared than anything!!! Someone in the comments put the link to your website thats how I found you! This! When the girls were vacationing in South Panama it shows a photo of them in the ocean, and behind them in the ocean is a fat white man seemingly staring at them. The students' phone records also tragically revealed how they desperately tried to call the police. It seems likely it was tribal. He has some resources at his disposal. I hope someday the family has answers. Like a trap net or something. Two days pass. But someone may not like it, so I hope that you will be very carefull! Who said they didnt? This leads me to believe that they were followed by one or more men who made their presence known around that time. It was taken on the Continental Divide on April 1st, 2014 with the recorded time: 13:20:32. Poverty, culture and crime in Latin America are different than poor nations in Asia and Africa. After the backpack was found the family got to see the pictures and the case was ruled an accident presumably the 30 or so pics the family didnt release showed the girls in bad shape,, the case went from foul play to accident after the pics were seen.. the pic of the girls hair was put on internet by her brother or something like that and was quickly photoshopped , the wound and eye were concealed. From my understanding, there was no warning signs on the trail. Oy vey I didnt catch this before, but seeing it now it sort of made my eyes water a bit. After a second look, I found that the Yahoo article specifically states that it was 17 foreigners belonging to another sect, but Yahoo was somewhat unclear Foreign can have a lot of meanings in this context. The rich live in gated communities. So, their work was good but not perfect. https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lMUOsoUME0Q/YLJzTuPRWbI/AAAAAAAAHDc/431BbuGq2PQEgxV65djGrwcBUCL5BEh8QCLcBGAsYHQ/s486/closeupkrs.jpg. Update Dec 2, 2021: The full-resolution version of this photo was released in 2021. A year later, two tourists following the same trail are robbed at gunpoint. Right above it. First calls at 16:39 then nothing again for 14 hours? Thats just shadow that the camera didnt illuminate. Another thing that crossed my mind is what if the backpack & items had been kept as like a trophy of the killings, & a local knew thats what it was aware of the incident & grabbed it & left it somewhere to be found to try & help shed light on the case the best way they could. I think that this is a photoshopped image made by cutting out a picture of Kris and pasting it onto a background to give the false impression that Kris and Lisanne went on the Pianista Trail.