How does cable internet get to your house? Comcast Xfinity problems in the last 24 hours. Report A Downed Line. When should we expect this to be corrected? Our actual service provider ATT evaluated the line and identified it as Comcast's, so they unfortunately can't touch it. For immediate assistance, check out the Xfinity Assistant. Let us know. Request Xfinity Quote Call 1-865-500-4995 Comcast Business Services in East Lansing, MI. That's not what we want to see! It has been severed months ago and left hanging. Welcome to the Xfinity community! Our team can help get that line raised. if the line is damaged, to reconnect service they'd probably be running a new line anyways. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. To send a direct message you may need to:Click "Sign In"Click the "direct message" iconClick the "New message" (pencil and paper) iconType "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. Hello saftek and welcome, You should contact 1800-391-3000 and speak to any technical agent and request them to put in a Saftey ER ticket and a wiring crew will be dispatched to you location. Who is responsible for cable line from pole to house? Contact Us | Comcast Business Support Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Check for outages Common Solution Make sure that your cables are tightly connected to your device and your wall outlet Cable and internet connections can become loose over time and cause issues with your service. Companies respond better when others are watching. For more information, please see our Then, to let us know why you're calling, say Line is down.. First Call 9-1-1. It's in front of my yard, and it goes across the street. Consumer energy outage map Black River Electric Cooperative: To report an outage , call (800) 392-4711 or Automated Customer Service Hotline at (888) 461-COOP. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. To qualify for the credit, customers must: 1. Thank you so much Anthony for sending us over those details and the Modmail. It's not the power line and I don't think it's the regular cable either because there's no service outage. If you cant find your address online, you can chat with us at xfinity.com/chat or call 1-800-Xfinity and well determine if service can be provided to your address. If you receive overhead electric service, your electric system con- sists of the following: 1. Make sure you are signed in with your Xfinity credentials. Comcast Xfinity is the largest cable TV company and largest home Internet service provider in the United States. I double-checked our systems and it looks like our tech Esteban was out on the 6th to complete the aerial line raise successfully per your request. Cloudflare Ray ID: 7a2ad44e3df86ef8 I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Step 1: Inquiry. If youve got a free afternoon, you can run the cable yourself and save some money. If you see a power line on the ground, don't assume that it is not energized or that it is insulated. For more information, please see our Performance & security by Cloudflare. Dial 333 to get connected to a customer service representative. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Honk the horn, roll down your window and make sure to tell passersby not to come near the vehicle. Like. Press 0 a lot. Please call this number (855) 307-4896 to set up your service. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. Call 9-1-1 immediately to report a fallen power line. DO NOT TOUCH downed lines or anything they are touching. You can also use Xfinity MyAccount (Web|iOS|Android) and xFi app (iOS|Android) for product and account support. to Call your mayor's office. Usually 911 dispatch has unlisted numbers for utilities. Provide your account info and say, Line is down., Dont have AT&T service? Emails sent with an attachment cannot be processed. If you smell natural gas, see downed power lines, or suspect another emergency situation, leave the area immediately and call 9-1-1. Genius. I was able to use the support chat to talk to ComcastAirelle who said they would put a ticket in and that I should hear back in a few days and they would follow up with me too. Report a downed power line If you smell natural gas, see downed power lines, or suspect another emergency situation, leave the area immediately and call 9-1-1. A: Cable and phone wires dont carry current, so its safe to remove them. Hello @ryanray.rr81 and thank you! @XfinityThomasChow long does it take for someone to reply? How to Report an Issue Online Visit xfinity.com/xfinityassistant. Comcast Xfinity Outage Map. Id give them a ring. To confirm, are the wires in question still low-hanging by chance? Download now Visit Our Help Communities Messenger Connect with Us Xfinity Support Forums Visit Forums Asking on behalf of my place of business. How do I know if my home is wired for Comcast? You can also use Xfinity MyAccount ( Web | iOS | Android) and xFi app ( iOS | Android) for product and account support. A woman in Huntington says she contacted Comcast several times about a line. You can also use Xfinity MyAccount (Web|iOS|Android) and xFi app (iOS|Android) for product and account support. You can call us at 1.800.VERIZON (1.800.837.4966) or chat with us by clicking the red Chat Now button on the Contact Us page to report a downed line. How do I report down a cable line? Click to reveal You can also request a call at a time that fits your schedule. You can also use Xfinity MyAccount ( Web | iOS | Android) and xFi app ( iOS | Android) for product and account support. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. .css-1d89nre{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-1d89nre:hover{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-1d89nre:focus{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-79cmum{line-height:85px !important;}Home, How on earth can you reach a human to report comcast wires that are lying in the ground? Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Can you please send us a Modmail message with your first and last name and full address? Massive outages do occur because of problems such as storms, floods etc. We can absolutely help you with alerting our local team to that downed line as well as look into any internet concerns or issues you are having. The phone can get very busy, but I can understand if you would rather speak to somebody on the phone. Youve reached the best place and perfect person to help with virtually all of your account needs! Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. The tree and the cable are both on the grass verge next to my property. it can't possibly cost enough to run a new line to make it worthwhile for Comcast to pursue this in court, and 2.) Comcast phone support has been extremely unhelpful and they don't seem to have a public safety line I can ring into either. 115.124.120.233 Once you have done that go ahead and send us a peer to peer message so we can begin the ticket process. i agree this is the worst web site for reporting issues, Need to report a line down and cant seem to be able to schedule a tech to fix my internet. See how you can save when you add Comcast Business Mobile or add a new line. Scan this QR code to download the app now. Heads up: Extreme weather or other factors can bring down lines, including electrical lines. I have a line in front of my house (laying on the sidewalk) that DTE has told me is a telephone line. The customer/owner is responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing all equipment beyond theservice connection point except for the electric meter. Repairing damaged wiring is easy and it can save you time and money, but care must be taken any time a soldering iron is used. Comcast Business is here to provide outage information for your Comcast Business Internet, TV, Voice, and other services. Can you direct message your name and address? Someone on the digital team has put in a ticket, so I am hopeful this can be resolved. How to Reach a Real Person at Comcast/Xfinity. Warn others to stay away. Report it online using Xfinity Assistant. Access convenient online chat, browse our forums, or ask the experts in the Comcast Business support community. I will post again here when/if I receive a reply or action is taken. Click Continue. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. came out and verified that it isn't live. I'd like to report a downed telephone/cable wire but my service address isn't near where I'm seeing the issue. Heat-shrink tubing can be used to repair long sections of exposed electrical wire as well.Heat the tubing using a heat gun or hair dryer until it shrinks. Press Enter to send it. Here is a list of frequently requested telephone numbers: Cable. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line) Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window Press Enter to send it. Never touch a downed overhead electrical line. Don't worry, we'll never do that as it might cut into our profits for the quarter. Otherwise, press 0 at each prompt; eventually get rep. You should never get a big shock from a coax cable. Remember: This number is just for unburied ground cables. We can help with technical issues, general service questions, upgrades & downgrades, new accounts & transfers, disconnect requests, credit requests and more. They have been hanging very low for over a year. Please send us a direct message to "Xfinity Support" with your full name and address. How do you fix an exposed wire without electrical tape? You would want to send us a direct message to "Xfinity Support" with your full name, phone number, email address and the nearest address to that downed line. It is the world's oldest national broadcaster, and the largest broadcaster in the world by number of employees, employing over 22,000 staff in total, of whom approximately 19,000 are in public-sector . Hey there, @user_2ed7eb as this thread is quite a few years old, please create your own thread about your low hanging line so we can properly document the situation and get things resolved. It is to be expected when weather conditions are severe. A South Carolina jury found Alex Murdaugh guilty in the fatal shootings of his wife, Margaret, and their son, Paul. However, its critical not to cut into a power line, as you know. Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. View the Xfinity outage map and find out when an area will be back online. Make the report to that person.. Call us anytime at. Hello @user_300363 and thank you! By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising.