Even though you know they are not the same, you might be surprised by quite how different they can be. 82? Once again I will say before delving into this, that the sample size of 10 intakes we're using here is tiny, but let's just go with it for a minute. What Does Golden Generation Mean in Football Manager? A weird single intake was observed in June. Just because I "think" something doesn't mean that my mind is closed to the idea of me being wrong. Highest PA167. We've already calculated that based on the laws of probability, we should expect to see something like 32 occurrences of this in each section so how many have we got? What happens if I edit the Affiliations, both before the preview and after? We're looking at 16 players, (16 numbers), we're looking at both CA and PA, (32 numbers), and we're looking at 10 different intakes in each experiment, (320 numbers), so by the laws of probability you would expect somewhere in the region of 32 CA's or PA's to end in a 1 digit, 32 CA's or PA's to end in a 2, 32 CA's or PA's to end in a 3 etc etc etc etc. Training Facilities has 20 levels, but 10 different named sections, (each containing multiple levels). The likelihood is - if your youth recruitment is poor - you will not see many players with high potential ratings. The cost will appear as "Ground Maintenance". Why do low rep clubs often seem to get players from Secondary Nations in their Intakes with high PA relative to the rest of the intake? Now obviously this is what I "think" (or more accurately, what I've heard) rather than provable fact, but from what I understand, the development priorities are: <18 - training is more important for development, so if you have better facilities it's better to keep them in youth squad for their development (assuming not good enough to play, at least as sub for first team). 6 players at 120+ PA. Before we start getting carried away, let's deal with the real basics 1st. I knew from this season that their squad was seriously young. You might even get one or two from the youth intake who can go straight into the first team and do a job. If I was to give my opinion it would be that U23 experience should be greater than U19 experience, (but not by loads), and it's the reason many U23's go out on loan. 5 players at 150+ PA. Actually the real PA from this intake isn't as far removed from the PA star rating. In which I've been blessed (from a game point of view) by Arsenal, though also cursed (as a Chelsea fan). You may know them as regens, which would be an oudated term. Hopefully this will save you the countless hours of browsing it took me to find all that information. A golden generation means that the staff in charge of bringing youth into your U18 team thinks there are three or four players from the youth intake that have the potential to feature in the first team in the coming years. We have a CA and a PA score for each player across 10 different intakes. FM22 Journeyman on Twitter: "We've all had a golden generation, last years youth intake was one too! Let's look at the very 1st intake I have come across in this experiment, (I have holidayed to this point in Brazil). From what I have seen I don't have any issue with his stuff being posted in here. My rule of thumb in the game is, if I think I can give the young player some 1st team exposure then I will keep him at the club, but if I think he can go and play competitive football, (at a decent level, and yes I think League 2 is a decent level in this case), then I would have no issues sending him out on loan. You're dreaming about bringing through a 200 PA striker who will make Erling Haaland look like Yaya Sanogo. There are things you can do to improve your youth intakes in FM 21. (I'm expecting that this would impact on the PPA & PCA, but I would like to see it actually happen). 8 players at 120+ PA. I think you might really get something out of having a little look at my thread and looking at the comparisons between the PPA ratings (the stars), and the actual PA, (the number). The yearly Youth Intake is a moment a lot of managers love. 7 players at 120+ PA. It still needs some scrolling and this is the hidden section, (so we weren't missing much). The Top 5 players by PA are also the Top 5 players by Actual PA, (just in a different order). I don't have the CA and PA numbers on, as much as I don't know how as any other reason. 17. Your club gets a fresh pack of Newgens and every year you have the hope that at least one of those virtual kids has the potential to become one of your star players. football manager 2022 gameplay fm22 guide fm22 mobile Football manager best wonderkids fm22 fm22 tips bargain cheap FM Scout youth intake football manager wonderkids bargain wonderkids fm22 . (Nickname and full name). To increase your reputation you have to win leagues and cups. As a result I have 2x 18 year old DR's 1x 21 year old DR, 1x 22 year old DR and a 23 year old DR. Once I have developed them I will either loan them out or sell them to generate income, but the big thing is I have to develop them 1st so that when and if I do need to go and buy someone, I will know that I have these 5 right backs that I have developed to a level that they can all come in and do a job for us. . I have continued on from the initial Youth Intake preview that had 1x GK and 2x SC's as "A" talents and 1x MC and 1x winger as "B" talents. If you think about France for example, when you think about borders, a Southern based French location should generate more Spanish & Italian Nationalities & 2nd Nationalities, with perhaps more Belgian, Dutch & German being seen further North. Then you get the more uncertain road of a loan. This stat affects the order in which Youth Intakes happen for loaded leagues, even: weve noted that the clubs with the best Youth Recruitment within a country will receive their regens first. and what seemed strange to me is that the preview with the highest rating of B was still a golden generation, but Preview (with just 1 A rating), wasn't classed as a golden generation. Where the player has multiple positions where he has natural ability, then what decides which 1 is used as the "preferred role" is unknown, but as the report is coming from the HoYD, (in this case), rather than from the player, I think it's reasonable to assume that it's the HoYD's "opinion" on what the players preferred role should be. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc or its affiliates, Here Are The Best Complete Forwards In FM23, Here Are The Best Deep Lying Forwards In FM23, The Best Way to Use Inverted Wing Backs in Football Manager. That's a bit weird. 7 players at 120+ PA. RIght? Most of us look at CA in terms of the stars, but if you can't develop the player from his low CA starting point to his potential PA then the high PA doesn't really mean anything. The easiest way to do so is by pressing CTRL+W, for as long as you havent changed your hotkeys. PCA. Because I always struggle with the thought process that surely sending my star of the future to play regularly for a club with worse staff / training facilities and teammates is really going to improve them as a player? (26.26 compared to 26.24). The picture above is lies. 14. Do you mind if I ask if that's your channel @fc.cadonior just someone you like watching? Home Dressing Room - General FM and Football Discussion - II, The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me. This is especially true when you are making progress in trying to maximize chances of getting good youth intakes by hiring the best head of youth development, asking the board to invest more funds into youth recruitment and improving the clubs reputation amongst other things. Don't get me wrong, he turned out ok, but he was well short of his PA in the end, (CA 123 PA 158 right now). Manage Settings Weight. Rather than using the words "more important", I think there is more control that you can exert over the development of a younger player, (such as PPM's and additional focus), but if a player is ready for Senior football at 17, (and that involves a loan elsewhere), then I think there certainly isn't a hard and fast rule to say that he will develop better playing for the U19's at home rather than the 1st Team at a lower level. I certainly plan on looking at Nationalities at some point, (but was thinking more along the lines of staff Nationalities & Club Affiliations. With often no communication from SI Towers we can't have known that things have changed, and it's only have much playing that we decide that we think they have changed, but we don't know how they have changed. I'm sure it's all fine though, but before we ignore it completely, I wonder what the make-up was in terms of how many were CA values that ended in a 0 digit and how many were PA values that ended in a 0 digit? I have added this to the list on page #6. I'm not sure about the exact amount, but it cost me around $2M every time I upgraded with an Argentine first division club. He's 33 now and I know the end is coming for him, but he still out-performs the younger strikers despite the fact that I've got 5 younger strikers ranked above him by CA stars, (and in fact 4 of them are ranked above him by actual CA numbers). Let's take Beckham as an example because you mentioned him. Something that's important to remember at all times when talking about Youth Intake previews and Youth Intakes themselves is that everything is relative. Highest PA 167. In terms of CA, this group came out the lowest so far, (lower than the minimum facilities where they were all set at 1). Check our Top Heads of Youth Development shortlist! Football manager 2022 offers an extensive search in scouting players. A couple intakes were observed in October. This was how it had been explained and this is how we understood it to work. Though sorry it evolved from you getting annoyed at someone else's lack of candour online. If you look at post 2, you will see that there are 10 different Youth Intake previews. He left Man Utd with their great facilities and coaches and went to play for Preston in the 3rd Division, (would now be League 2). 11. Highest CA 95. If he has a "Professional" personality, then there's a chance new players will have that personality as well. (102 players contracted at the moment). Giggs, Scholes, Butt and both Neville's never did. I can't remember the name of it, (and I also can't find it in the Editor), but what happens if I edit the "Footballing Importance" or whatever it's called? Youth Intake - An In-depth Guide on How Clubs Produce Newgens Passion4FM Trending The Unbelievable 4-2-3-1 Football Manager 2023 Tactic feat. Is it 1 potential superstar of 4-5 players who will impact the 1st Team. This will happen from time to time even when they have the best rating of 20 in judging player ability and judging player potential. I will also document what the facilities are for this intake and also what the HoYD is like at this time. Here is a look at Intake 3 from the Control Group. Prince Ekpolo FM23 Profile, Stats and Attributes, Alfons Serra FM23 Profile, Stats and Attributes, Andr Seruca FM23 Profile, Stats and Attributes, Tho Vermot FM23 Profile, Stats and Attributes. Instead, sign players who are in their prime, and you will see an almost immediate impact. (Both footedness has a cost in terms of CA, it stands to reason that if the attributes change then so must the preferred foot info). But I've got two players. "Youth Intake Preview - December 2025 I'm quite excited with this 'Excellent' Youth Intake, who have the potential to be a real golden generation for the club. Just like last season, 10 intakes for each simulation is tiny, but it's better than 1 intake and the truth is that I just can't be bothered to do more. Highest PA 178. So the info here comes from his ability to judge players, (both in terms of CA and PA). That is, any of your U23, U20, etc coaches. It's still a lot of investment for not much return in this area. Highest PA 161. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. What happens if I edit the Youth Rating, both before the preview and after? However, theres a couple of considerations we need to take into account: Without further ado, heres a table with the approximate dates of intake: In addition to these dates, which correspond to leagues that are playable in-game, we were also able to ascertain Youth Intake Dates for those countries that are not playable, more notably the entirety of African countries bar South Africa, several Central American countries, Asian and Oceanian countries. Want to know how to get the best young superstars in the country? One or two loans from top division sides will also help your cause. I think it would help to see the total PA & CA of the intakes as well as the basic number of players. Mika Biereth an 18 year old forward and Miguel Azeez 19 year old midfielder. Giving you the chance to scrutinise your club's youth recruitment, you'll get to see what wonderkids - if any - are on offer to your club. My first ever youth intake on FM22 is a golden generation (im with Fulham) 7 3 Football Sports 3 comments Best Top New Controversial Q&A Add a Comment jiniyoro 1 yr. ago Those letters will keep going down until the youth intake actually comes in. I have added the following to the list in page #6. Highest CA 118. Yes I might get another good right back in an intake after him, but there is no guarantee so I have to plan accordingly. Or keep them and play them in your age defined teams? (I "think"* that a staff member on the favoured personnel list influences the make-up of a plyer, but I don't know how). What happens if I edit the Nation reputation, both before the preview and after? Junior coaching refers to the quality and quantity of your junior coaches. This should help to show something like lowering the youth facilities reducing the PA of individual players but if your Youth Recruitment is high, you're still getting the same volume of players coming through, and vice versa, do we care about youth recruitment if we're still getting high individual PA players coming through with regularity. You can learn more about our editorial policies here. But it is useful to know a country's youth rating for other purposes, such as scouting and nabbing youth players from other clubs. Head of Youth Development. It's my pet hate in FM. Is it better to loan players out for match experience? Just go with your gut, because CA and PA lie! In Portugal, (where I have been playing in FM22), the Youth Intake preview appears in December and the Youth Intake itself appears in March, . A big club with a good youth system is likely to have at least two players in every playing position in its youth squad. It is commonly believed that the 1st intake of each save, (for all clubs), is boosted for some reason. [/End rant mode] The last thing I would say though is that the CA/PA stars lie. Your #1 source for wonderkids, tactics, tips, player reviews, guides \u0026 more.In-game generated images \u0026 any other Football Manager related items are registered trademarks and/or copyright material owned by Sports Interactive, or their respective trademark and copyright holders.Don't forget to subscribe, then click the bell icon and select 'All' to get notified of our new Football Manager 2022 videos.