or Best Offer +C $39.82 shipping estimate. top: 250px; Not awful or distracting by any means, but nothing impressive. I played the titanium 3 wood senior flex for years and it was a fine club and if I could locate another I would probably buy it again.Today just ordered the 2021 model Tight Lies hybrid and excited to give it a try though I never did as well with the original model through no fault of the club, I found a good deal and stepped up for it. (94) 94 product ratings - Adams Golf Tight Lies Fairway Wood Golf Club. Anecdotally, Id say I could get an extra 10 yards or so from a good strike with a TaylorMade SIM 3 wood or similar. $ 10.16; MacGregor Tourney 2 Head Cover (3 Wood) $ 5.38; Callaway XR Speed Fairway Wood Golf Club Head Cove. I was happy to get a high, straight shot that finished about 20 yards short of the green and a good birdie opportunity. Then I just went with it from there. If they dont have them on the Adams website, I would recommend checking ebay. When the Tight Lies 3-wood turned up for me to test, it was like looking at a low-profile set of tyres on a car - complete with that nagging doubt as to whether they are up to the job. The Tri-Sole works with the shallow design to create a tremendous amount of versatility which, in this case, means you should be able to hit it from just about any lie. ADAMS Tight Lies Ti Fairway wood - 3, 3+, 3 14.5'o. $449.99. Adams Golf debuted the original Tight Lies in 1995 featuring a revolutionary clubhead shape with a trapezoidal sole. Individually, Adams Tight Lies fairways sell for $179 while the Tight Lies hybrids are priced at $149. Tight Lies Fairway Package (3-wood and 5-wood) $329.98 (Save $30), Tight Lies Hybrid Package (3-hybrid and 4-hybrid) $289.98 (Save $10), Tight Lies Easy Launch Combo #1 (any fairway wood and hybrid) $299.98 (Save $30), Tight Lies Easy Launch Combo #2 (3-wood, 5-wood, 3-hybrid, 4-hybrid) $579.96 (Save $80), Tight Lies Easy Launch Combo #3 (3-wood, 5-wood, 4-hybrid, 5-hybrid) $579.96 (Save $80), Tight Lies Easy Launch Combo #4 (5-wood, 4-hybrid, 5-hybrid, 6-hybrid) $569.96 (Save $70), Tight Lies Womens Combo (3-wood, 5-wood, 5-hybrid, 6-hybrid) $579.96 (Save $80). $59.99 . SidelineSwap is where athletes buy and sell their gear. Conclusion. The new Adams Tight Lies isnt a miracle club. Sign up for our weekly newsletter and not only will you get the latest reviews, instruction, and more delivered directly to your inbox, youll also be entered into regular giveaways for golf clubs, PGA Tour passes, and more. Tight Lies Toe. Though it isnt the longest FW on the market, I found myself sated by the steady diet of high, straight, stress-free shots. There are two technology call outs Velocity Slot and Tri-Sole Design but both are quite small. Or fastest delivery Jan 24 - 27 . I'll post my findings. This club is designed for value and to be forgiving, and from all accounts it delivers. Additionally, I noticed that the club seemed to sit somewhat closed at address, helping prevent a slice. Takes a wee bit of time to put out a test review. Tight lies design changed the fairway wood market for sure. Feedback 99.6% (462) Adams 2021 Tight Lies 3-16* Fairway Wood RH Regular Flex Graphite # 154172. I started my testing of the Adams Tight Lies fairway wood on the range without a launch monitor. Adams Tight Lies Titanium Fairway Wood Price: $249.95 Product Code: AG15-TIGHTLIESTFW Manufacturer: Adams Golf Availability: Discontinued Hand: Loft: Flex: Shaft: Quantity in Basket: None Quantity: Email your friend Free Shipping On Orders Over $75 (Continental United States Only) Description Reviews Related Products Ask a Question Tony Romo??? Simon Evans for AFPThe PGA Tour unveiled its new-look structure for the 2024 season featuring eight designated events with elite fields, no cut and increased prize money hailed by Rory McIlroy as producing a compelling product., From the PGA Tour releaseThese smaller, Designated event fields will not only deliver substantial, cant-miss tournaments to our fans at important intervals throughout the season, but they will also enhance the quality of Full-Field events, Monahan said in the memo. I was outright shocked when I looked at the clubface and saw the strike point clearly marked as I couldnt imagine getting such a good looking shot from that location. $179.99 $ 179. Ovation 2 460 Ti. Adams Tight Lies Fairway Woods Category: Game-Improvement Fairway Woods Price: $200 WE TESTED: 19, 22 with UST Mamiya Elements Chrome graphite shaft KEY TECHNOLOGIES: Redesigned. $19.99. 99. margin-bottom:40px; Typically senior flex is Sr or A flex. I bought this past spring a used tight lies 7 wood (22*) fairway wood.. Maybe 2014/15 model.. bought it bcz I had fond memories of prior versions of TLs I no longer have. Its winter here in Maine so I just put it away. I played Adams Titanium drivers back in the end of the 1990s Fade Controls, and had a really good 3 wood that was blue and a bi-metal shaft or something like that. I couldnt resist heading to theTight Lies websiteand checking things out. You dont have to play from the white tees to remember the original Adams Golf Tight Lies fairway wood. If the Tight Lies sells well, you will probably see more offerings in the future. The waste bunker is little . $349.00. This remained true even after the order, as all confirmations and emails were branded only as Adams. They had market leaders with their hybrids that kept the tight lies face shape and added the velocity slot seen in the latest one. When Adams announced the new Tight Lies fairway wood, I was intrigued and also nostalgic. display:none; Ships from and sold by Adams Golf Clubs. } I love the original because theres no offset, i know when I address the ball that im pointing to the target and the wide and low face gives confidence. /*.logged-in .non-logged-in-ad-block { Actually felt like I drove it pretty good for the final three days at Riv, and its been pretty good in practice over the past week., These are not overnightdecisions made by the board, Scott told Golf Digest on Wednesday at Bay Hill. This item: Adams Golf Tight Lies 3 Fairway Wood 16 Degree Loft Right Handed Stiff Shaft . The Korn Ferry trademark is also a registered trademark, and is used in the Korn Ferry Tour logo with permission. */ It is available in both right and left-handed in a 3-wood (16) and a 5-wood (19) and comes stock with an Aldila Synergy shaft and Tour Velvet grip. Cobra LTDx MAX Fairway - Best Feeling Fairway Wood. Like the old Tight Lies, this clubs pitch comes down to high, straight, forgiving shots from various lies. Shop Used Adams Tight Lies ST Fairway Woods up to 70% off - or start selling in seconds. Adams Mens Tight Lies Titanium Fairways feature: Woods: #3 Wood #5 Wood Strong 3; Lofts: 13.5 15.0 18.0; Ghost Slot Technology delivers out of sight performance by hiding the crown slot but keeping the benefits of higher ball speeds and increased forgiveness; Titanium clubhead with a 75-gram steel plate allows for the lowest center of gravity . The value-priced clubs ($179 fairways/$149 hybrids) are available now. Together, this approachprovides a schedule that is cohesive, compelling, consequential and with clarity for fans, players and sponsors alike, he added. They are solid clubs, they perform well but just like all the others Ive tried over the years, they still came up short of my expectations & didnt outperform my Callaways. New 2021-2022 Adams Tight Lies 19* 5 Fairway Wood Aldila Synergy 50 . The Adams Tight Lies 2 Fairway Woods come in lofts of 14.5, 16, 19 and 22 degrees and the stock shaft is a Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage shaft. Players still keepthe individual money they winin Howells case, that was a tidy $4 millionbut the $3 million for the team victory goes into the Crusher coffers, not the players pockets. Matt is the Founder and Editor in Chief of Plugged In Golf. My normal swing produced a small draw, but I didnt see anything snapping left unless I made a poor swing. With a design focused on forgiveness, it wont be the longest fairway wood out there by any means, even at the same loft. Heres a taste of those ads, pitched by a legendary sportscaster, the late Jack Whitaker: Cutdown from the Tightlies DRTV Long Form campaign produced by Script to Screen for Adams Golf. New Listing Adams Tight Lies-2 Fairway 5 Wood 19* Strong Graphite 42.5" REG FLEX Opens in a new window or tab. Golf / Clubs / Fairway Woods. For me, the bottom line for the new Adams Tight Lies fairway wood is that theyve built an excellent club for the price. Check out our deals for Practical Golf readers! 00. It will be your reference guide for years to come! I liked t so much I bought a new 3 wood tightlies. At 16 degrees, the 3 wood loft is 2-3 degrees weaker than most modern 3 woods, giving a higher launch. With so much volatility atop the world ranking, its not surprising that style points would become part of the conversation. Forgiving. /* ----------------------------------------- */ AP ReportJon Rahmstarted his round strong and ended it even better Thursday, closing eagle-birdie-birdie for a 7-under 65 and a 2-shot lead in the Arnold Palmer Invitational. Used was way less than $75. right: 0px; All in all, the quality seemed fair for a $180 fairway wood. Required fields are marked *. Adams Tight Lies ST Fairway Wood 5 Wood 5W 19 Adams Stock Graphite Graphite Stiff Right Handed 42.5in Shop new and used Adams Tight Lies ST Fairway Wood at 2nd Swing Golf today. PING G425 MAX Fairway Woods. Taylormade hasn't changed a lot in terms of the visuals that were on offer in the original Stealth fairway woods, with . I have 3 gens of xtd ti hybrids (super hybrid xtd, super ls and xtd ti) and woods and though I keep trying the latest from the competition have yet to find any that goes further. The Head Design. SidelineSwap is where athletes buy and sell their gear. Didnt take long for someone to complain about you shilling and about not testing the clubs. Now, the Tight Lies has returned, bringing new technology to a club with plenty of retro appeal. Not sure I would see any significant gains if I were to spend the crazy prices being asked now for Hybrids think the Ping G425 hybrid is approx 500 here in Australia. MyGolfSpy, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I hated the thing, but then I made the mistake of buying the Strong 3-wood. /* ----------------------------------------- */, /* ----------------------------------------- */ Srixon Golf ZX Fairway Wood - Best for Distance. The audio feedback is very clear: when you mishit the ball, the harmonious "crack" turns into a discordant "clank.". Mizuno ST-Z 220 Fairway Wood - Best for Straight Shots. Please explain relationship of loft to launch angle. Tight Lies Address. } Overall, it's very quiet and the sound is bass-y. display:none; When you hit it perfectly on the center you get a slight metallic "tink.". Regardless, after watching the commercial and reading through the testimonials, I was on the hook as bad as any late-night infomercial watcher and ready to buy. Each player is paidan annual salary by the team, and at years end bonuses and/or profit-sharing is a possibility. I think if other people saw it they would probably see that it sits slightly open, but to my eye it sits square. 00. The face of this club is very large in all dimensions to provide more confidence from all lies, but I found that I was much more comfortable hitting it off the turf than a tee. 7 SPECIFICATIONS HAND - RIGHT BRAND - ADAMS MODEL - XTD SET MAKE UP - #3 18 SHAFT - MATRIX ALTUS RED TIE FLEX - STIFF SHAFT MATERIAL - GRAPHITE LENGTH - STANDARD (34 . Everything with it is low hooks. Adams Golf says its new Tight Lies Ti is a fairway wood that's really easy to use and gets your ball out of all types of situations. Amazing round of golf,he said. The significance? Then came a stock scandal and a parade of similar clubhead designs, and Adams appeared to flounder. If youre a golfer who struggles to get woods up into the air or needs more forgiveness from long clubs, then it might be a legitimate option. Speedline 9032LS. Its odd, granted, but the larger hitting area makes the Adams Tight Lies more playable off the tee and gives golfers a bit more wiggle room to miss the center of the face and still get good results. Golfers can save even more through combo pricing options. Out of the box, everything about the Tight Lies seemed to be legitimate. You made me laugh for the first time and I dont know when, the last time, Your email address will not be published. Just ordered the tight lies 3 hybrid after researching many websites and reviews Im looking forward to when it arrives Im an 20 hc not good with long irons but OK with hybrids most of the time hopefully this will give a bit more consistency of tee and fairway will review later on. $179.00 $ 179. They actually look closer to some prototypes that never really did much in the marketplace. Iron 101T, Iron 301 CB, and Iron 301 MB! -Ryan Lauder;Director of Consumer Engagement. To rekindle warm thoughts of the man, here are a few Arnie tales from some folks who knew him better than most., Golfweeks Riley HamelLIV Golf Leagues decision to debut its second season last week was no mistake. The 16 3 Wood retails for $199.00. MEMBER REVIEWS: Takomo Golf Iron Testing! A hazard (complete with waste bunker) runs down the right-hand side while OB lines the left. It was a #3 that helped me start reaching par5s He is the former Build Shop Manager & Social Media Coordinator for Modern Golf. That is about an 80% relationship normal, in the range of ok, or? Golf / Clubs / Fairway Woods. As for the club design, there are clear and strong influences from the original Tight Lies club. Items Specifications - Brand : Stealth - Type : Wood Head Covers - Sport/Activity : Golf - Vintage : No; Current Bid : US $11.99; Buy Now on eBay . Ball launches high and straight. They really have always made some great clubs, and. Adams Golf, Inc. Many thanks! It is me, not the clubs that suck. Theres definitely some risk as you cant try it before you buy it, but with the 30 days, no questions asked return policy, some of that risk is mitigated. The new design extends the top of the face . Not the Lampkin. On a personal note, I had a hard time perceiving the face height correctly because the face is so wide. For anyone looking for anything groundbreaking, its not hereand thats OK. In 1997, the company sold more than $30 million worth of clubs. @media only screen and (max-width: 1400px) { The company produced golf equipment (more specifically clubs ). The Adams Tight Lies Fairway Wood is only sold on the Adams website, linked below. A judge agreed with the Tours assessment and granted a motion to add PIF, which owns 93 percent of LIV Golf, and Al-Rumayyan as defendants in the counterclaim, making them both subject to discovery. I saw some of those stats, because its just really interesting, which speaks to the greatness of the game of golf right now how good everybodys been playing, Rahm said., Billy Andrade grew upin Rhode Island, not exactly a golf hotbed, but had a nice junior career and was an attractive recruit for many of the nations top colleges. Check Price at Amazon: 8 Its nice of you to shill for Adams Golf and Tight Lies. in 2. The club won't get stuck either, producing more consistent shots. Learn how your comment data is processed. Read more. The TaylorMade R9 series features the same Flight Control Technology as the drivers. /* ----------------------------------------- */ However, I think the sole design is no longer the best option and am now using PING G400/G410 fairway woods and hybrids as the soles are really flat and shallow which is a great design (in my opinion) for tight lies and hardpan. I was one and done. I presently use my original Tight Lies. The Adams Tight Lies Fairway Wood is a wonderful design that is both highly durable and trusted in the industry. The original Tight Lies featured an upside down head and low profile giving it an extremely low center of gravity. These clubs also share the matte grey crown, Adams Golf alignment aid, a lip at the front edge that extends the face vertically, and a tendency to sit closed. All Rights Reserved. A closer lookrevealed its not exactly the same putter; its actually a hybrid design between his old red Odyssey putter and his most recent Odyssey Toulon XS Proto silver putter that hes used throughout 2023., From top to bottom:Xanders old Odyssey #7CH Red, Xanders 2023 XS Proto silver, and Xanders new Odyssey Toulon Design Las Vegas red putter., [Odyssey] actually madeboth of them for me, Schauffele said of the putters in his pre-tournament press conference at Bay Hill on Tuesday. With a known brand name and very competitive pricing I bet they are successful. } Join more than 30,000 golfers and receive email updates when new articles post. 3. The reemergence and now expansion of the brand that, not all that long ago, seemed destined for the scrapheap is just one of the things that makes sense in a world where COVID has created a massive influx of both new and returning golfers. About a week after the order, I had the new club in hand. .non-logged-in-ad-block { Funny, though, he made only one recruiting visit, that being to Wake Forest in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, which is where one Arnold Daniel Palmer once played., Andrade: My firstand only recruiting trip was to Wake Forest, and Coach (Jesse) Haddock offered me the Arnold Palmer Scholarship, and that was it. Cory Olson is an avid golfer and writer for Practical Golf, a website dedicated to being an honest resource for the everyday golfer who is looking to enjoy the game more, as well as improve. .custom-author-box { If your answer is My fairway wood, the 2021 Adams Tight Lies Fairway Wood is worth a look. From there, Adams Golf spent the better part of two decades rapidly growing into a significant, full-line golf brand. That's a pretty good price compared to other fairway woods with similar technology, some of which go for $250 or $300. It is built with a decent quality Aldila Synergy shaft, Golf Pride Tour Velvet grip, and a good headcover. Overall, it has a clean look in the bag. $199.00 $ 199. $10.99 shipping. Now bring back the YES! I hit some balls so well with it, it actually startles me. Here are two features of this particular product that individuals can expect today. Tight Lies and Adams branding are seen on a strip of chrome in the middle of the head. Her only bogey came on the 10th hole but she birdied 14, 16 and 18.. Learn how your comment data is processed. I do know this isthe most amount of No. Under the guiding hand of TaylorMade engineers, an updated version of Tight Lies hit the market in 2013, but no new member of the family has emerged until now. The Adams Tight Lies Fairway Wood is noticeably louder than the hybrid, though I would rate the volume as average compared to other fairway woods. Velocity Slot - A proven fairway wood technology that helps generate more ball speed, especially lower on the face, where a lot of fairway woods are commonly struck. If these are available in the local store I would like to try them, particularly the hybrids. Coming next a hybrid iron set? Fields in designated eventswill be reduced to between 70 and 78 players with no halfway cut. Any other suggestions? I will definitely be purchasing a new 3 wood and quite possibly a 5 wood. My first experience with Adams was a number of years ago with the original Tight Lies fairway wood. I want to know what helps me. /* View slug: author-box - end */ The unique construction changed the game for professionals and amateurs alike. The Speedline FW features a thinner club face and a lower center of gravity to get the ball up in the air faster and land softer. . While the higher launch is a big plus for me in terms of distance, the spin is higher, too, which will negatively impact distance for some players. Titleist TSR2 Fairway Woods 2023. I really wanted a 3, will they sent be one when available. Prices get even sweeter if you choose one of Adams Tight Lies combos. Tight Lies Sole/Face. There is a 30-day money back guarantee so that you can try it at your own course. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Adams Tight Lies 4, 5 Wood Set RH Kuro Kage Graphite Shafts Ladies Flex at the best online prices at eBay! By the numbers, Extended Face Technology creates a 14-percent larger face but the interesting bit is the approach Adams took. I have a slight preference for the Tight Lies. . Thanks Tony for the nice follow up story on Adams. The following two tabs change content below. Adams Tight Lies Ti Fairway Wood Review. Yeah I did the original Tight Lies patents for Barney. Adams Tight Lies Fairway 3 Wood 16 Degrees Right Handed Mens Senior Flex. The red one is actually incognitoits like the new one, its milled. The Adams Tight Lies 2 fairway wood features new Ghost Slot Technology is a crown slot that is nearly invisible, and features a refined "barbell" cut-thru slot, which when coupled with our tri-sole and low-profile design, makes it easier than ever to launch it high from the fairway, the rough, tight lies or even a fairway bunker. Callaway Women's X2 . The new Ghost Slots on the crowns mean you no longer have off . And I didnt hit one drive out of the middle of the face the first day at Riv. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Adams Golf first began to really make a name for itself in the mid-1990s when infomercials for its Tight Lies fairway wood took over cable airways, particularly the newly created Golf Channel. $179.99 $ 179. The new design extends the top of the face to make it easier to hit off the tee while retaining the low-profile head and lower center of gravity. One of the first clubs I bought with my own money when I started golfing was a used Tight Lies Air Assault three wood, and I had that club for a long time. When I did get the Tight Lies FW to a launch monitor, the impressions I gathered on the range were confirmed. But Im so particular about face angle when it comes to drivers that when I went up a click in loft, obviously I can see a little more face, it looks a little further left to me. S$ 48.30. We took the Adams Tight Lies, our FlightScope X2, and a bag full of tour quality golf balls out to the 15th hole at McGregor Links Golf Club in Wilton, NY. The only clubs in my bag that are not ADAMS are two Taylor Made wedges: 60 degree ATV, a 54 degree. If so, how is it indicated on the shaft that its a senior flex? The changes will not apply to all of the elevated events the majors, the Players Championship and the FedEx Cup playoff tournaments will be unaffected., Designated eventswere launched this year in an effort to guarantee the presence of the games top stars and to ensure they are paid more, with minimum purses of $20 million in each event. About The Author Started middling that and started to get way more consistent spin numbers, sort of in the range that I like. Decrease Quantity of Adams Golf Tight Lies Fairway Wood Increase Quantity of Adams Golf Tight Lies Fairway Wood. For diehard fans of Adams Golf, this seems to be everything they could have hoped for when the company brought its social media presence back from the dead a few months ago with cryptic tweets and Instagram posts, but the new Tight Lies fairway wood is delivering on two tried and true promiseseasy-to-hit clubs at a great price. Good Friday morning, golf fans,as day one of the Arnold Palmer Invitational saw Jon Rahm continue his dominant streak to forge ahead early at Bay Hill. But on Wednesday,a tour memo announced that, starting in 2024, the programs bonus pool will be reduced to $50 million, paid to the top 10 players. MW8 Moon Wood - Premium Golf Fairway Wood for Men and Women - Golf Club Includes Headcover - Legal for Tournament Play 392. Very easy to elevate. It would be interesting if someone remade the the originals exactly as they were made way back with maybe only a limited amount of new technology. Shots hit from any lie will launch quickly and land softly. Tom Brady??? NOW AVAILABLE: GolfWRX G/Fore Hats and Holderness & Bourne Polos! The grip is actually the Golf Pride tour velvet in either normal or undersize. In addition to materials upgrades since the previous incarnation of the Tight Lies that came out almost a decade ago, the new Tight Lies clubs feature a Velocity Slot behind the clubface to increase face flexibility, ball speeds and improve launch on off-center strikes. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. With Extended Face technology, Tri-Sole d. Here are some recent stats from Arccos using the club both off the tee and second shots. What did I have to lose with four interest-free payments of $44.99 and a 30-day moneyback guarantee? Check out all of our galleries from Bay Hill. It wasn't full of bells and whistles like clubs are today, but it was a fascinating design that really worked well and had a great marketing campaign behind it. If youre a high end ball striker with good speed, this probably isnt for you. After dropping hints on social media, TaylorMade released a new Adams-branded golf club for the first time since the acquisition. Back to Specifications Index. Adams Tight Lies GT Xtreme 3 Fairway Wood 15* Tight Lies 2 Regular Graphite RH. float:left; I had one of the originals back in the late 90s, not sure where it ended up. 1999 Tight Lies Tour Fairway Woods ProLite 35 .350 Tip Grafalloy R,S 64 .350" .600" 1999 Nick Faldo Wedge Dynamic Gold True Temper S300 115 .370" .600" That said, my shots with the Tight Lies were unusually high and stayed in play. But its hard for a two-time major winner to blend in at an Epson Tour event.. . Speedline 9064LS-DFS. Reviving Adams provides a unique opportunity for TaylorMade to play in the no-frills, infomercial, discount sandbox without the risk of soiling its brand. The Tight Lies will likely be easier to get airborne but I dont know about fighting a hook. It was an honor to be a part of it. The reason the club is successful is it works, Adams succinctly told Dallas Magazine in 1998. In 2012 it was acquired by TaylorMade (owned by Adidas ), becoming one of its brands. I wish all of them were as enjoyable as this one., Yuka Saso of Japanwas second after a bogey-free 67, and a pack of six, including Nelly Korda and former No. The million dollar question is, will MSG test the new Tight Lies clubs??? $44.99. Most *SPECS: 4w 16* 42.25 in, 5w 19* 41.75 in" . Clubs are the latest rendition of a mid-90s classic, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. EXTENDED FACE TECHNOLOGY . Adams Tight Lies 5-19* Fairway Wood/KuroKage Lite flex graphite/Right handed. Then came the Tight Lies fairway wood In 1995 Adams Golf released the Tight Lies fairway wood, and exploded in popularity. In Stock. All MGS cares about is Urethane for the low handicapper. Lack of adjustability. Golf Channels Rex HoggardThe PIF and its governor, Yasir Al-Rumayyan, have argued that they are nothing more than investors in LIV Golf, which filed an antitrust lawsuit against the Tour last year.