Jehovah's Witnesses celebrated birthdays until the 1950's. For example, the following Watchtower quote is from 1940. Blessings Phil! Associate with a disfellowshipped or disassociated individual, whether they are family or not. One of the main reasons why dating non believer is to prevent mood swings. The only explanation I can suggest is that the god of the O.T. I chose to be a witness after studying a long time and gradually understanding the reasons to follow the bible and how it would benefit my life-yet it is NOT EASY and one cannot be brainwashed-they choose w/free will to adhere to anything they decide for themselves is bible truth that will benefit them and others. Because Im not baptized, they are not required to shun me, but they have actually asked me numerous times why I have a problem with their religion. His wife's parents are among the 130,000 Jehovah's Witnesses in Ukraine. The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society produces religious literature primarily for use by Jehovah's Witnesses.The organization's international writing, artwork, translation, and printery workforce are all baptized Jehovah's Witnesses. Separate or divorce, unless there is proven adultery. 100 Questions Jehovah's Witnesses Can't Answer contains a collection of fascinating, intriguing and challenging questions about God, the Bible and the beliefs and practices of Jehovah's Witnesses. Here are 100 things Jehovah's Witnesses can't do: 1. But I agree. The Jehovah Witness belong to the millennialist denomination that was formed in the 19th-century within the larger Adventist movement in the United States. You will agree that gambling is nothing but a game of chance. The ha- prefix is the definite article the. God is nothing! As members of the International Religious Freedom or Belief Alliance, we note with grave concern the increased repression of Jehovah's Witnesses in a number of countries. (4) Attend social functions sponsored by . "We're Jehovah's Witnesses, so we don't do that," the 36-year-old tennis superstar told reporters at a U.S. Open press conference. It was written over thousands of years by people who believed different things. Because if it, my introverted side is very much a part of my life. Here's a list of some that immediately spring to mind, this list is not exhaustive - the. Here are the 140 things Jehovah Witnesses cant do: JEHOVAH WITNESSES CANT: (1) Belong to another organization or club for the purpose of socializing with nonbelievers. 3 You can't save your friends with a blood transfusion. Associate with coworkers or school peers after hours or in a social setting. Go on a date without the supervision of a reputable chaperone. Using semen thats not the husbands is an offense equal to adultery. It is also a dangerous drug" (Proverbs 20:1). so that's your response? Jehovah's Witnesses and Baha'is were among the most . The title says it all. Disagree with their organizations doctrines. 10. Consonants and vowels, on the other hand, are something pronounced. The Jehovah's Witness organization denies that Jesus Christ is God. 7. They are programmed and brainwashed for the most part. Any religion that wants your obedience and your money is for those who want to submit control. Top 25 things Jehovah witnesses can't do. In fact, I was encouraged to spank my own children. Jehovahs Witnesses are given strict rules when it comes to dressing and grooming. Celebrate Thanksgiving. But whatever the case may be, the above mentioned are the top 25 things Jehovah witnesses cant do. Hi Phil! You wont be able to speak with your friends and family. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. See Dress Code, (97) Wear pants at a Kingdom Hall if youre a woman, (98) Wear revealing clothes or skirts that are too short (looked down upon), (99) Wear long hair or facial hair if youre a man (depends on the local customs of the country you live in). The sect known today as the Jehovah's Witnesses started out in Pennsylvania in 1870 as a Bible class led by Charles Taze Russell. Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in sex before marriage - and dating isn't condoned unless they bring along a chaperone as well. The core to religion is God, and to change the God you worship is to change the very essence and basis of the religion. Dating is only allowed with the intention to get married and only allowed when the person is of legal age, referred to by Jehovahs Witnesses as the bloom of youth.. Twitter: @CitypeopleMagz, 141 Things JEHOVAH Witness Member Cant Do, African King Of Raggae Majek Fashek Dies, HRH Olugbo visits Jimoh Ibrahim, inspects ongoing, The Truth About The Rilvary Between OBEY&, Why The Ijesha People Are Called Osomaalo, Why Nigerians Cant Forget FELAs Mum In, Nigeria remains an attractive market for global, Top CBD Celebrity Users You Likely Havent, Enjoy Sports Online and Earn Money Doing, The Forex Market Vs Stocks/Shares Which, Ace Broadcaster, YEMI SONDE Opens Radio Station, How FRSC Invested In Human Capacity, ICT, HOW SIJIBOMI OGUNDELE (SUJIMOTO) RUNS HIS $400, NATIONAL WAVES Endorses Ned Nwoko For Delta. (33) Buy something at a church garage sale, (38) Play competitive sports on a school team, (39) Play competitive sports professionally. Cain killed Abel, right, but that can be excused by the fact that Abel was a psychopath and a danger to the community, including to Cains children. "Can't" or "Don't?" "134. If you read Job, and Satan is mentioned, you are reading a mistranslation. (50) Study psychology, philosophy, sociology, and viewpoints that might shake their faith, (57) Dating someone without the intent of getting married, (59) Breaking an engagement, separation, and unscriptural divorce may result in disciplinary action, (60) Marriage to non believers is not recommended. The pandemic may leave a permanent mark on Jehovah's Witnesses by ending door-to-door ministry, even after restrictions ease, he said. With regards to eating, drinking, and smoking, Jehovahs Witnesses are not allowed to: Jehovahs Witnesses are taught that the primary mission should be to help people spiritually, not materially. It is possible that the failed abortion is suggesting that the initial Je in Jehovah is just some added consonant that is fake, but the ye, which it is in Hebrew, is really there. After all, the Jehovah's Witness religion claims to use the Bible as at least some sort of authority, so it's fair to compare the propositions of Jehovah's Witnesses to the teaching of the Bible: 1. Fully documented with photocopies of statements from rare Watchtower publications, this book reveals many facts the Watchtower Society tries to hide from Jehovah's Witnesses and investigators of this religion.Click HERE to purchase a hard copy of this book for $9.99 / or Kindle for $2.99. My parents became witnesses when I was 6, my dad was disfellowshipped when I was around 12, so our whole family left the truth. You wont be allowed a chance to speak for yourself or defend yourself publically. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Translation of the Old Testament was Hebrew and the New Testament was from Greek and Aramaic. YOU can study about him. In as much as you called yourself a true believer and follow of Jehovah witness, you cant disagree with other peoples doctrine. Funny enough, it is part of the Jehovah witness doctrine that they dont donate blood. Its totally discouraged. Three More Things Jehovah's Witnesses Can't Do. Typically, Jehovahs Witnesses sing three songs at their meetings for worship. Read the elders manual (Shepherd the Flock of God), or any internal elders letters. Jehovah's Witnesses don't say "god bless you" when someone sneezes, because that practice supposedly has a pagan origin. Their believer can virtually be found anywhere in the world. But Biblical Hebrew, at the time the Old Testament was written, didnt have the voiced labiodental fricative, either, which is what is usually written v. Wear pants at a meeting if youre a woman, Spend the night in the same house with a person of the opposite sex, Passion-arousing heavy petting or caressing of breasts, will rely on Jehovah and not try to defend themselves, Jehovahs Witnesses were systematically massacred because their organization did not allow them to purchase a card indicating endorsement of the Malawi Congress Party, A list of Jehovahs Witness Rules You wont Believe Are Real, Did Jerusalem Fall in 607BC or 587BC? None of them refers to disaster (which is a noun). Even where the killing can be rightly and legally justified, its against the doctrine of Jehovah witnesses to kill. He does have a point about John 8:44, though. Its frustrating to feel like you want answers and they dont come. ), (14) Run for leadership in any organization 15.Take a stand for any political issue inside their organization, (16)Take a stand on any political or worldly issue outside of their organization, (21) Actively be involved in a union strike, (22) Use a gun for protection against humans, (23) Become a police officer if a gun is required, (24) Wear military uniforms or clothing associated with war. 3. Thank you. You cannot do that if you are afraid of different opinions! However, its against the doctrine of the Jehovah witness to worship Jesus as God. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. See Women Keep Silent 2. God. I worked with a Jahovas witness who told me they like Mother Theresas work but not what she stands for. Be in any employment that makes one an accomplice, or a promoter of any other church or religion. 100 things jehovah's witnesses can't do. Enlil was pure evil and is actually the one referred to by the god Yahweh. Apparently its a phenomenon the U.S . "Mum, I haven't died. Hi there, Im a non-religious guy with a JW friend who Im concerned for. Worldly people is a pejorative term in the mind of a Jehovahs Witness as well. What characteristics allow plants to survive in the desert? 100 Things Jehovah's Witnesses Can't Do. Here are the 140 things Jehovah Witnesses cant do: (1) Belong to another organization or club for the purpose of socializing with nonbelievers. 8:4; James 2:19 ), it is also true that three persons are called God in . RIDICULOUSGOD does not look at us that way. To be more accurate, Jehovah's Witnesses recognize the purpose behind the Sabbath Day. Jehovah's Witnesses often talk about John 1:1 and . Some of the scriptures are still accurate but many are not. God gave man dominion over such creatures and allows him to use them for food, clothing, and so forth. Perhaps better than defining evil ones self, ask Christians to list behaviors they use to identify evil. (2) Have best friends and activity buddies who are not Jehovahs Witnesses. One of the cardinal rules of talking with Jehovah's Witnesses is to deal . w16 September p. 18, Five Scary Core Beliefs of the Jehovahs Witness, Watchtower Quotes: Churches and Other Charitable Organizations. 3.Associate with people outside their organization when it is not necessary. Join the Boy Scouts, Girl Guides, YMCA, etc. ****. You are correct. Pledge allegiance to a country or its flag. Celebrate New Year's Eve or . Jehovah's Witnesses are a Christian denomination known for door-to-door proselytism and refusing blood transfusions, among other things. According to research, Jehovah witness believed that participating in politics is a practice of the devil. My mom and dad gave me the OK to stay or leave. In fact, there are 141 things listed, officially, that Jehovah Witnesses can't do. Receive artificial insemination using any semen other than their husbands. The Trinity. Joining the armed forces means youll take life when circumstances warrant and as such, joining the armed forces is prohibited in Jehovah witness. The Holy Spirit . pierre gagnaire restaurant paris / harry potter lego nintendo switch walkthrough / 100 things jehovah's witnesses can't do. And since the believers are not allowed to donate blood, they cant have the blood of the non-believers mixed with theirs. Since 1976, practices have also been based on decisions made at closed meetings of the . Blessings. Satan is everywhere. Im not sure what you are asking. Celebrate Mother's Day. They will not vote. From the above extract, it is obvious that JW do not worship Jesus, and they do not believe that he is also Almighty God. It is in the contention of the proponents of this religion believe that studying those courses might shake the faith of their followers. Ask a question that is outside what they are told to think (or taught not to talk about) and you get something like 404 page not found They are crazy and make no sense. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". 2. The simple answer to this question is no, Jehovah's Witnesses do not drink alcohol. Members believe that, 3 years after 1914, Jesus came to "inspect and cleanse" the Watchtower Society, choosing it as the only organization . We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. All rights reserved. Employment in any position where you need to be armed. Probably the best thing I ever did for my children was to cut all ties with the Witnesses. Hence, the act or practice of the gay and lesbianism are another thing Jehovah witnesses cant do. There is no physical punishment associated with being a Witness. Women cannot assume the role of a male and instruct the congregation. Of the countless alterations in Witness doctrine, the . My brother lost his life to suicide because of their teachings of disfellowship and disassociation. I love Lucky Charms. A lot of this stuff on the list we experienced and more. Abel was after all the inventor of killing, as he had mauled innocent sheep. Lets forget about the average looking daughters that God killed with the help of his opposer-angel. He said He would raise His very body. Betting and gambling are practice of the Satan. A BUSY RELIGION As of 2010, there are over 7 million active Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide, spending . Hence, it is against the tenets and teaching of Jehovah witness for its members to campaign for any political office aspirant. The reason the people died was not because they were not Jewish but because there was uncontrolled and unfathomable sin. When it comes to firearms and self-defense, Jehovahs Witnesses are not allowed to: Yuu should see the similiaraty between revelation cahpter 14 and 7? Regarding the special nature of October 1914, the Jehovah's Witnesses say this: "'The appointed times of the nations' ended, and Jesus Christ was installed as God's heavenly King. Jehovah's Witnesses, of course, aren't alone in discouraging bad language. Branch. Jehovahs Witnesses had its origins in the Bible Student movement, which developed in the United States in the 1870s among followers of Christian Restorationist minister Charles Taze Russell. Engage in any so-called extreme sports such as bungee jumping or sky diving. What can you not do as a Jehovah Witness? Jehovah's Witnesses, also known as the Watchtower Society, is one of the most controversial Christian denominations. . Celebrate Birthdays. Question or reject any Jehovahs Witness teachings or beliefs. The Levi priest copied and compiled the content of became the OT in 587 BCE while in captivity. Claiming to be a continuation of a first-century Christian congregation, they cite the ancient faith's refusal to participate in war as one reason for their own refusal. As rigid as these rules may seem, the true and faithful Jehovah Witness members are sticking to them to the last letter. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. Study and know what you are getting into. The fact that they cannot see what theyve done and what they are doing is exactly what happens to people in a cult. I'm still here, and I'm still the . Just wondering, if you have them, could I have a look at your sources? Or go back to meetings? WT July 15, 2002, Questions from Readers 3. yes you pointed out the few like cereal, that i already said were inaccurate. "On the same day, one guy spat in our cart and another man said people like us should be gassed." by Rebecca Baden. ), which means the opposer or something along those lines. The video states that only those instances in the Bible where a specific number was given are included. Just as Jesus predicted, his 'presence' as heavenly King has been marked by dramatic world developmentswar, famine, earthquakes, pestilences. reflects the personality of the writers of the O.T. That kind of trauma does indeed lasts. For Christians, every day is the sabbath day; one long day . Jehovah's Witnesses do not stand for national anthems, salute flags, vote or . My father was a devout Jehovah's Witness from the 1980s until May 5, 2017, when he died without warning. For this reason, Jehovah's Witnesses do not drink alcohol in any . The New World Translation Bible says that blood is sacred to Jehovah, it is not to be messed with. Play the lottery, buy raffle tickets, play bingo or engage in any gambling. Own or carry any weapon or firearm for self-defense. Such wickedness was to an extent that He did not want His creation to suffer anymore. was used by Jehovah in creating all other things," Aid to Bible Understanding, p. 390-391. No more than four-in-ten members of the group belong to any one racial and ethnic background: 36% are white, 32% are Hispanic, 27% are black and 6% are another race or mixed race. mega kek lol, keep coping #JWSweep c you on Armageddon loooollll, Yes heywood! Almost all rational thought gets switched off and everything is what the cult tells them to think. Although Christianity frowns at taking cigarettes and tobacco in general, this prohibition is part of things Jehovah witness are not allowed to do. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ae8c57ae3a6d1471bf8f738cd5b2bf80" );document.getElementById("a709592583").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); For Sponsorship opportunities, kindly reach out to us through our email or what's app link via the contact us page. (104) Say anything negative about their organization. You shall not murder. (124) Believe in good luck or say things such as Good luck to you. (139) Greet or talk with disfellowshipped persons (with some exceptions), (140) Associate with disfellowshipped persons except for immediate family living in the same house. 2.Have best friends and activity buddies who are not Jehovah's Witnesses. The Hebrew word (I have actually studied Hebrew, but I dont claim to know Hebrew, as I have only scratched the surface, yet) used is hasatan, which is not a name, but a common noun (and common noun is a linguistic term that refers to nouns like cat, house, water, etc., as opposed to proper nouns, like John, Mary, God, Satan, etc. Pursue friendships with anyone who is not a Jehovahs Witness. The English translation is irrelevant. Practice yoga or attend meditation classes. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. "It's just hard to say if or when that can happen again . Likewise, the bible does not instruct us on what we should do with our bodies after we die. Especially since everyone around us was a Jehovah's Witness. . Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This people believes that the religion of Christian is clean and sacrosanct and as such, social vices shouldnt be mixed with it. (125) Believe or say anything superstitious, (132) Combat training, boxing, or martial arts, (133) Go to heaven unless they are part of the 144,000, (135) Idolize any celebrity or love and admire them to excess, (137) Women cant be ministerial servants (assistants to the elders).