Michaelides, Alex. He didnt know about Alicias troubled past and didnt think that she would kill Gabriel. At home, she worked on a painting of Jesus on the cross before she realized she accidentally painted Gabriel. Paul tells him that as a kid, Alicia overheard her dad say he wished Alicia had died in the car wreck instead of her mother, Eve, and it killed her. In Part IV, Theo goes to the house of Kathy's lover. He tells the reader that he constantly has to pretend with her as she has not recovered for Gabriels death, nor did she ever admit her infidelity. Well, this book was the one which gave me that feeling. Outside the Grove, Theo is confronted by an angry Max who promises revenge as Theo walks away. She was too scared to tell Gabriel about the assault, as Gabriel idolized Max. An officer grabbed her arms and held them up to the light. The Silent Patient is an eerie, bona fide psychological thriller starring Theo Faber, a psychotherapist who by trade dwells within the inner lives of his chargesone of whom refuses to speak. Summary of The Silent Patient (Without Spoilers) The Silent Patient was written by Alex Michaelides and is about a famous painter married to an in demand fashion photographer who seemingly had it all, a perfect marriage and a good house. Her body is rendered in unsparing detail: strands of long red hair falling across bony shoulders, blue veins visible beneath translucent skin, fresh scars on both her wrists. That might help.. Will Theo get Alicia talking again? This wasn't really a thriller but it was a mystery. The author takes that approach over and over again: young, naturally beautiful women like Alicia and Theos wife are worthy of interest, while the female characters Theo cant find attractivebecause theyre ugly, old, large, fat, fake, stupidare only worth his disdain. Not much is known about Alicias movements. He gets the Grove the next day and finds out Alicia has ODd and is in a coma. She suspects Jean or Max. Alicia writes about a painting of Jesus shes working on, except it looks like Gabriel. Then, the man knocked Gabriel out, tied him up, and shot him in the head six times before leaving. In other words, all the sections about Kathy, her cheating, and her lover were in the past. Very little is really the way it seems in this addictive psychological thriller and it had me on the edge of my seat from the first chapter. I don't know why I'm writing this. Entertainment WeeklyThe Silent Patient is a shocking psychological thriller of a woman's. Christian is unhappy but agrees. It was that good. She was one of the famous painters of the united kingdom she maintains her lifestyle on a very high level. Lots of dysfunctional personalities (almost every character) which serve as a warning to avoid them in real life. Note! I think a healthier approach would have been to confront Kathy and Gabriel and also tell Alicia about the affair.. instead he chose to prolong the suffering and I think his decision to help Alicia was actually to help himself (and get caught). Pt IV, Chapters 21. When Theo left, Alicia grabbed the gun and shot Gabriel herself. Theo says ok and shoots a shot straight up. February 23 entry. Your email address will not be published. If this summary was useful to you, please consider supporting this site by leaving a tip ($2, $3, or $5) or joining the Patreon! The man pushes her inside the house and ties her hands with a wire. Theo goes to Kathys lover house and meets his wife its Alicia Berenson. We are drawn to this profession because we are damagedwe study psychology to heal ourselves. Published by Anyssa Rozaidi , 2020-12-28 11:21:36. The Silent Patient is a New York Times bestseller and has been optioned as a movie. The novel begins with the first entry from the diary of Alicia Berenson. But she never gave it to him. the silent patient table of contents. Theo went to Gabriel's house to show what a dirtbag Gabriel was. Alicia gets arrested for killing her husband after her fingerprints are found on the gun, and she is sent to Grove, a psychiatric hospital, for being mentally ill. She never spoke a word again about why she killed her husband. In the end, Gabriels shoot ran late, and he wasnt driven home until eleven p.m. Half an hour later, their neighbor, Barbie Hellmann, heard several gunshots. I just get so stuck in my head sometimes. The Silent Patient is a swarming, paranoid nightmare of a novel with an ending that is destined to go down as one of the most shocking, mind-blowing twists in recent memory." Blake Crouch, New York Times bestselling author of Dark Matter "This is a wonderful new voice. He gets the supplies from Jean. The following version of this book was used to create this lesson plan. A bit like therapy, I suppose. FullEnglishBooks 2015 - 2023Contact for me [emailprotected], document.write("