and Bay of Plenty community, with crowds lining the caf However, entry numbers are limited, and any entries received after the limits have been reached will not be accepted. A great start to his year. Training wise, its been going pretty well, I had a lead in race in Tauranga, I missed IRONMAN 70.3 Tasmania for family reasons, but it meant that Ive had a really good training block into this one.. If I am submitting this entry form on behalf of a minor (see clause 13) I certify that I accept these terms and conditions on behalf of the entrant. Moody, ten time event winner Cameron Brown, and Simon Though, I was fortunate to return at five months post having our first son, Mak, and I will try it again with Crew.. Kyle Smith dominated the mens field from start to finish in 2020, to record victory in a time of 3:42:07, smashing 3 minutes 31 seconds off the course record, set by Braden Currie in 2017. Tap into Getty Images' global scale, data-driven insights, and network of more than 340,000 creators to create content exclusively for your brand. Proceed to edit the page elements and replace copy with the updated language. The iconic Mount Festival Half Marathon is also part of the Mount Festival of Multisport. Collect, curate and comment on your files. Athletes who enter the Pro/Elite category must be able to provide proof of the following times for a half iron-distance or similar level results. I acknowledge that the event organiser reserves the right to accept or decline entries and issue any special invitations in its sole and absolute discretion. splitting her time in recent years between triathlon and her Now, more than ever, sustainable financial support will help to keep these vital and participatory media services running. I agree to pay such fees as the organiser may charge for this event. Jonathan is Editorial Director for TRI247 and RUN247. The Tauranga Half is a race that Tony loved due to the course, the awesome location and the exciting atmosphere. Please submit your, This registration link should match the Race Registration Status on the race card. One of the longest running triathlon events in New Zealand, the 33rd Tauranga Half has a rich history in the local community and is the pinnacle event at the Mount Festival of Multisport 20 January 2024. Start time and tracking. The Mount By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use. The male and female Pro winners will earn top prizes of $15,000 each. The festival is an iconic one for the triathlon and Bay of Plenty community, with crowds lining the caf filled streets of Mt Maunganui to cheer on the athletes. more, Jan Frodeno (GER) today revealed his hotly anticipated 2023 IRONMAN triathlon race calendar. Yesterday's race at the 29th running of the Port of Tauranga half Ironman was the perfect final short stint before some more big mileage training begins this week, for the next 4 weeks. Find out more and join us: All rights reserved. While Simone clawed back almost three minutes on the run, Clarke was not threatened and finished a full five minutes clear to finally take the Tauranga title. The 2023 Nutri-Grain IRONMAN New Zealand takes place on Saturday March 4 2023, with the 3.8km swim in the fresh waters of Lake Taup a one-lap clockwise loop followed by a bike course which is described as "rolling", the two circuits each featuring two steady climbs. Our listings are based on information found on the official event website, facebook page and/or from event directors. Last year's runner-up Rebecca Clark is another strong contender for the Tauranga Half. Individuals How to follow the race: Social media Follow @IRONMANOceania on Instagram or @IRONMANewZealand on Facebook, Download the app Follow leader boards and timing splits on the IRONMAN Oceania mobile app or the desktop tracker, Finish line camera Available via the mobile app or here on YouTube Livestream. It was a fourth title for Currie to add to his victories in 2016, 2017 and 2022, with his time improving the previous best of Kyle Smith by nearly two minutes, who he referenced when posting on Instagram afterwards: Coach told me he wanted the course bike record and the course record today. Obviously I have goals for the race, a podium would be nice, Ive trained a little bit with Braden and I think its going to be very tough to beat him.. athletes. cyber space to find all the latest news, gossip and information pertaining to his or her passion. Any entries received that have not been approved by the race office will be deemed invalid. I agree to comply with all the event rules, regulations, and instructions in respect of this event and as notified to me in the entry information or otherwise by the event organisers and officials. Male, Female, Mixed (Teams of 2 or 3), Triathlon New Zealand Middle Distance National Championships. Her return sets up a thrilling battle against the NZ Ironman champion Hannah Berry. I acknowledge that it may become necessary or desirable to change the format of the event due to circumstances beyond the control of the organisers. Nutri-Grain IRONMAN 70.3 New Zealand is staged alongside the legendary IRONMAN New Zealand event. incredible field of multisport athletes, with several past Missed Kyle out on the course this year though. Not far behind her in Team Prize money will be paid following the results becoming final. with an athletic endeavor, final entries can be made at www.mountfestival.kiwi, Scoop has been a champion of independent journalism and open publishing for over 20 years. One of the longest running and most popular triathlon events in New Zealand, this event has a rich history in the local Tauranga and triathlon community spanning over 34 years. This years Tauranga Half brings together an Ive had a very smooth lead into this race, I actually think I have done every session as planned over the last couple of months without any interruption. Race morning greeted . The race iconsshould match what's displayed on the race card. 2018. But having broken her duck she wasted no time in adding a second title against a strong field. Terenzo Bozzone, and ten time race winner Cameron He Pacific Champs. The Setting the pace in the swim, Currie was joined on the bike by Mike Phillips (who finished second to Currie in Taupo last year), before quickly taking the lead out of T2 and talking a comfortable victory, finishing with a 1:13:16 run split. This years Tauranga Half brings together an incredible field of multisport athletes, with several past winners and former world champions, set to be on start line at Mount Maunganuis Pilot Bay. iLine Construction 10km must be at least 10 years of age on event day. Tauranga athlete, IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship Qualification Slots. This table populates the race icon band on the race page and its subpages. MINORS: Where any entrant is a minor, that entrants entry form must be completed by a guardian who must also accept these terms and conditions on behalf of the entrant. more, Jan Frodeno (GER) today revealed his hotly anticipated 2023 IRONMAN triathlon race calendar. Pilot Bay Swim 2km Participants must be over 16 years of age on event day to participate. At this stage we will follow any mandatory government guidelines regarding mass gathering COVID 19 policies. She said: Six weeks after I had Crew, I decided to home in on the journey back to fitness and a return to the race course, at 44 years old too no less. Tauranga Half Triathlon Saturday, 20 January 2024 Pilot Bay, Mount Maunganui Follow event Follow series Triathlon Road/Path/Park Relay One of the longest running triathlon events in New Zealand, the 33rd Tauranga Half has a rich history in the local community and is the pinnacle event at the Mount Festival of Multisport 20 January 2024. After an illustrious career spanning over 35 years, Brown has announced that the 2023 Nutri-Grain IRONMAN New Zealand taking place on Saturday 4 March in Taupo will be the last time he races the event as a professional triathlete. 10km and half marathon (21.1km) options. Theres another former IRONMAN NZ champ lining up in Mike Phillips (NZL) while 2021 IRONMAN Western Australia champion Matt Burton (AUS) and three-time IRONMAN Switzerland winner Jan Van Berkel (SUI) are others to watch out for but Currie is very much the one to beat. aims for a three peat of victories in the event. And the day was also notable for another reason as it marked the first in-competition trial of the RaceRanger drafting detection system. The start-line for all events is Mount Maunganuis picturesque Pilot Bay. August 21st, Ironman Copenhagen, Denmark - 6th. Rotorua was Teresa Adam, one of the worlds best athletes That $100k will be allocated ten-deep, as follows: 1st $15,0002nd $9,0003rd $7,0004th $5,0005th $4,0006th $3,0007th $2,5008th $2,0009th $ 1,50010th $1,000. This is the pinnacle event at the Mount Festival of Multisport! Throw into the mix last years runner-up Jack Moody, ten time event winner Cameron Brown, and Simon Cochrane who has finished 4th for the past four years, and you have an incredible elite field. We review the music and global influence of this true pioneer of African music. Hannah Wells will have plenty of home town support as she Elite men 1 Braden Currie 3:45:38 2 Cameron Brown 3:47:55 3 Hayden Wilde 3:48:33. The professional men and womens field will also be racing for a piece of the $150,000 USD total professional prize. Braden Currie. more. Proceed to edit the page elements and replace copy with the updated language. 1pm). Events Number Of Finishers . The best of the best in elite and age group categories race for national titles and the chance to gain selection into the New Zealand Long Distance Triathlon Team. After the event, Smith I acknowledge that triathlons and the individual disciplines associated with a triathlon are inherently dangerous and serious accidents can and often do happen which may result in injury. General Manager of the Fulton Hogan Mount Festival Lauren Watson says that the elite field for the 2021 Tauranga Half is the strongest it has been in over a decade. Kyle Smith dominated the mens field from For more information on TRIBE membership, pleaseclick here. BIG J : A NEW LEGACY at Circa One, Circa Theatre, 1 Taranaki St, Wellington Wate BEAUTY & THE BEAST THE PANTOMIME at St James Theatre - High energy, joyful, faul JINGLE ELVES THE MUSICAL at BATS Theatre - The Stage, 1 Kent Tce - Feelings, rel CONFESSIONS OF AN AEROBICS INSTRUCTOR at Te Auaha - Tapere Iti, Level 1, 65 Dixo IDIOM 2022 at Te Auaha - Tapere Nui, 65 Dixon Street, Te Aro - Leaves you with a CLOVERTON IN LOVE & IN WINE at Te Auaha - Tapere Nui, 65 Dixon Street, Te Aro - VENUS RISING RNZB 2022 at St James Theatre - Venus Rising on stage after four Co BEAUTY & THE BEAST THE PANTOMIME at Isaac Theatre Royal - Funny and fantabulous VENUS RISING RNZB 2022 at James Hay Theatre - The Whole Cast Shines. Swimming is not yet on the radar. More>>, There is not much to add to Zadie Smiths wonderfully acute assessment in The New York Review of Books. The event is popular with beginners of all ages, shapes and sizes through to the world class elite, and is accredited by Triathlon New Zealand and doubles as the National Long Distance Triathlon Championships. Another strong contender is 2019 race winner Mike Phillips, who went on to win Ironman NZ that year. for the 2021 Tauranga Half is the strongest it has been Select from premium Tauranga Half Ironman of the highest quality. A medical certificate may be requested in order to grant any transfers for injury or illness. Currie has Attendance Officers Are Back - But Is It Too Little, Too Late? Note: Figures are $NZ and New Zealand IRD rules apply. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf2GdT2K0dABv9jkdyUWV8g, Ali Brownlee, Laura Philipp take on IRONMAN South Africa, Cam Brown Set for Final Pro Race IRONMAN New Zealand, Jack Moody and Grace Thek Race to Victory at Challenge Wanaka. more, The worlds second longest-running IRONMAN with a proud and rich history deeply rooted in our hometown of Taupo. Ackermann was making her middle distance debut. More>>, Howard Davis: Something Is Happening Here, Dame Robin White was recently awarded an Icon Award in recognition of her fifty-year career of painting and printmaking that has helped shape a distinctive visual language for Aotearoa. As such, athletes are also eligible to receive a 5% bonus on their ranking points, for their single best full distance performance within the 52-week rolling period. Information can be subject tochange without notice. He was previously Head of Digital / Comms for pro cycling's Team Sky and now spends as much time as he can running with his local club. Hes already won the Tauranga Half this season and says: Its awesome, Im relatively used to going into races with the pressure of either being reigning champ or having a bit of a target on my back, so things dont change too much. He won the event that last two It is shaping as an absolute showdown on the 23rd of the January.. The organisers may, at their discretion, grant a transfer or a refund based on individual circumstances. I acknowledge that to enter this event as an individual the following minimum age restrictions apply: Triathlon New Zealand requires all participants in the Tauranga Half to be a TRIBE Member. Both are managed by Webmasters. Consecutively between 1999 and 2018, Brown achieved 20 podium finishes and won the event a record 12 times the most wins ever at a single IRONMAN event. in the Coast to Coast, Asia Pacific Xterra Championship, The Getty Images design is a trademark of Getty Images. Teams And the 42.2km run is four loops around town. She had previously finished 6th / 5th / 3rd / 2nd / 3rd over the previous five editions. The Tauranga Half was the headline event for the Fulton Hogan Mount Festival of Multisport which also featured the Enduro long distance triathlon, Aquabike event which feature a swim then bike . Athletes wanting to challenge themselves with an athletic endeavor, final entries can be made at www.mountfestival.kiwi, MALE ELITETerenzo BozzoneCameron BrownKyle SmithBraden CurrieBrendon BergsJack MoodyJacob HendrickxJason HuntLucas DuRossMike PhillipsMatt KerrOlly ShawRob MearsSimon Cochrane, FEMALE ELITEHannah WellsTeresa AdamClaire BadenhorstEmily McnaughtanHannah HowellMelanie BurkeNikkola MathewsRebecca Clarke, The 18th edition of the ISUZU IRONMAN African Championship is set to take place on March 05, 2023. Tauranga athlete, Hannah Wells will have plenty of home town support as she aims for a three peat of victories in the event. The organisers may, however, at their sole discretion grant a refund of fees paid if they deem it appropriate prior to 1 December 2022. "I'm excited for it, I've done some really good training up to this race, and I just have to do what I can do out there and just do my best and see how that stacks up," Berry said. Someone who displays inspiration to other athletes (and supporters), emulating the values of Tony through their triathlon journey being. It was all smiles today, but come to Saturday, it's game on. I understand that information about my registration may be made available on the www.mountfestival.kiwi site and elsewhere if the event organiser allows it. Select from premium Port Of Tauranga Half Ironman of the highest quality. Tauranga Half must be 18 years of age as at 31 December in the year of competition. Yesterdays race at the 29th running of the Port of Tauranga half Ironman was the perfect last little hit out before some more big mileage training begins this week for the next 4 weeks. This year's Tauranga Half brings together an incredible field of multisport athletes, with several past winners and former world champions, set to be on start line at Mount Maunganui's Pilot Bay. There are 12 spots available per gender, for each age group! http://www.tgahalf.co.nz/ RaceRanger Drafting Technology Debuts at Tauranga Half After a year of stops and starts since RaceRanger was first announced, the revolutionary anti-drafting devices got its first live trial in New Zealand.