We are reminded in this passage that we live, breathe, move and have our rest in God. Protection "Praise the Lord for His words of truth and protection. We find peace! |Pb`Knd;Icx}9vqSi!%B*:kHi professionals who are courageously treating those infected with coronavirus. At the heart of child exploitation are complex issues, includingextreme povertythat can lead parents to sell their children. Beloved Mother, help us realize that we are all members of one great family and to recognize the bond that unites us, so that, in a spirit of fraternity and solidarity, we can help to alleviate countless situations of poverty and need. patterns that will help us understand how to stay healthy. They sent her to live and work with her older sisters in Mumbai, India. 18. If you need to speak to a priest, visit our Priest Directory to find one in your area. Christians have quoted Psalm 23 as they lie on their beds at night. Go to Prayer 1orPrayer 2. The fourth name, my God, comes from the Hebrew Elohim. Lift their spirits. PRAYERS OF PROTECTION FROM THE CORONAVIRUS _____ _____ 6 SERVICE OF PROTECTION FROM THE CORONAVIRUS TO BE PRAYED BY THE FAITHFUL AS A COMMUNITY PRIEST: Blessed is our God always, now and ever and to the ages of ages. They use lies, threats, coercion, and violence to force children into sexual and other kinds of exploitation. Bless them, oh Lord.In Jesus name,Amen. Advancements are being made each day and praying for each step of the process is needed. For parents who cannot stay home from work but must find care for their children: God, present them with creative solutions. Matthew 25: Prayer for children's protection. Jen Pollock Michel is the author of Teach Us to Want, Keeping Place, and Surprised by Paradox. But take heart; I have overcome the world., Matthew 8:17, This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah: He took our illnesses and bore our diseases., Jeremiah 30:17, For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord, Romans 8:28, And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose., Psalm 103:3, Who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, 2 Timothy 1:7, For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control., John 14:27, Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Sadly, love and security aren't the reality for hundreds . We are proud to be reviewed and held accountable by these independent third-party organizations: World Vision Inc. is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. 1. May cultures where it is accepted and encouraged learn of the harm it causes to children and change these societies. Psalm 72:12 (NIV). I am confident You will abide with me in the days ahead and will ultimately take me to live with You forever. We pray for the communities, areas and countries hardest hit Timeline of government-led public health protection measures, disruptions and countermeasures. The disease is continuing to spread, and people are becoming infected by coming into direct contact with an infected persons cough or sneeze. You, Salvation of the Roman People, know what we need. While After three months, Samira and few girls were taken to a hotel for work. visiting Europe I encountered plague columns or monuments in town squares. Contain the spread of infection. Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Let no trouble fall on them today. Amen. Now they both visit communities sharing what theyve learned about the harm that FGM causes and offering girls and boys alternative rites of passage. 5NuvKZ endstream endobj 468 0 obj <>/Metadata 54 0 R/Pages 465 0 R/StructTreeRoot 84 0 R/Type/Catalog>> endobj 469 0 obj <>/MediaBox[0 0 612 792]/Parent 465 0 R/Resources<>/Pattern<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI]/XObject<>>>/Rotate 0/StructParents 0/Tabs/S/Type/Page>> endobj 470 0 obj <>stream Girls trapped in child marriage tend to be poor, under-educated, and live in rural areas where birth and death rates are high and conflict is common. And evidence from Alliance 8.7 suggests thatone in four modern slaves are children. Pray to God with each sunrise.Father, thank you for this new day. Article Images Copyright 2023 Jupiter Images Corporation. We now offer our prayers of blessing for our healthcare workers. Shelter us under the mantle of your protection,keep us in the embrace of your arms,help us always to know the love of your Son, Jesus. Bauxite mining would threaten birds, plants, and clean water. Her book, Hang on in There, Girl! TheDiocese of Sioux Falls,South Dakota offers these tips to help you participate more in Mass from home. Love having these prayers to reflect on and keep nearby." - Camilla "God's peace is always with us when we stop and reflect on His love and mercy." For many, COVID-19 carries feelings and challenges of fear, anxiety, economic hardships, isolation, and many other stresses. Lord God, help families that practice FGM see its damaging effects on girls and young women. So why are millions of Christians around the world praying Psalm 91? Join us in praying by addingthese intentionsto your daily prayer as well. Prayers for . F~2X -$6})@#uvfd>}j=E|zob8PdA c0:UWGeB8?CY. 4. Amen. Fully rain down the serenity that comes only from the Prince of Peace. 11. disease, for our babies, our children, our elders, our poor, disabled and those We need to seek Him through His Word, will, and ways. The following are strategies to encourage looking to, counting on, and resting in the Lord during these long quarantine difficult days. I pray for those who are illthat you will heal them. In her free time, she enjoys mentoring youth and spending time in nature. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Matthew 5:9 (NIV). Because he loves me, says the Lord, I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. We pray that laws and cultural practices would help protect children from a childhood of abuse and suffering. Amen. In Jesus name,Amen, Father,Worry and fear are not of Your heart. Then theres the news; every story or report seems grimmer than the next. This coronavirus prayer can be used by individuals or groups to ask for Gods intervention and protection from infectious disease epidemics like the coronavirus. RESOURCES|GET VACCINATED|LIVESTREAM MASSES|FAITH FORMATION|WORSHIP RESTRICTIONS|ESPAOL, Official Website of theCatholic Diocese of Little Rock, CatholicDevotions, Prayers and Practices. His Eminence Archbishop Elpidophoros (Lambriniadis) of America was born in 1967 in Bakirky, Istanbul. God is ALWAYS our source of protection, strength, and peace during unknown times. This includes preventing children from being trapped in abusive circumstances; protecting children with shelter and healthcare; and restoring children through life-skills training, education, and reintegration with families. Lord Jesus Christ our God, You Who created human beings with utter goodness, the healer of our souls and bodies, heednow the supplication of Your children, and save us from theimpeding threat against the world. Anyone can be exploited or trafficked, regardless of race, class, education, gender, age, or citizenship. Breaks from school pose a danger for girls in communities that still practice FGM like Faiths. Much like being mindful of avoiding contracting the flu, making important choices is the best defense in staying well. hmk0A R(}&1v}$;M5lE1X@`P80H VKm`5gjS=hi8|.j]e[ m{]h33VU0|/Jfh^d]tHmVM }+bc&#}(CcieE8}N;>5"ZLHV4qj-WVJN,I]T+&BR=KoVYk,gPC'mm6m~WE}(ZL*5 Q j|4*&)ccJjoS'#Vtk,4 0t}M)< 12. When we pray the words of this psalm it becomes a powerful shield of protection from fear. Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com, Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CTs online archives. Richard Mouw says the best forms of the doctrine still disappoint those counting on God to do the right thing. FeB8&L1H) Ns&AT/BK&B|0}j3+#3R$|(WjZtf:_5LdVWe=0\EBjxB2$y|7E2L~~Ww].y2oa\u+ Short prayer for our children. Heal those who are sick with the virus.May they regain their strength and health throughquality medical care. We pray for not only their healing but for them to be comforted while they heal. This prayer comes from the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops. 13. And its the result of fearing God: We recognize Gods supremacy, goodness, and control, and so we trust him. For our scientific community, leading the charge to understand the disease and communicate its gravity: God, give them knowledge, wisdom, and a persuasive voice. In a 2019 report released by The Citizen Council for Public Security and Criminal Justice a Mexico City-based advocacy group 23 of the most 50 most violent cities in the world are in the Latin America/Caribbean region. "Be clean! A Prayer for People Suffering from COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Most Holy and Everlasting God, We come to you in the name of Jesus lifting up all of the COVID-19 patients in your Universe. Jesus Christ, you traveled through towns and villages curing every disease and illness.At your command, the sick were made well.Come to our aid now, in the midst of theglobal spread of the coronavirus, that we mayexperience your healing love. 2500 N. Tyler St., Little Rock, AR 72207 Lord, we echo the psalmists confidence that You will deliver those who cry out to You for help. Comfort them, care for them and restore them to full health. Count on God to work things out while you sleep.While its foolish to worry about tomorrow, its wise to prepare our thoughts and emotions for the next day. Our fearful thoughts might cause us to say with the Psalmist, Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! Faith is trusting in God in his goodness, his faithfulness, and his plans. Child labor can be fought at many levels governments can enact or strengthen laws around human trafficking and labor; corporations can ensure that children are not exploited along their supply chains; communities can take greater responsibility for collectively protecting children; families can value their childrens well-being above economics. The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted efforts to end child marriage, which may result in an estimated additional 13 million child marriages taking place between 2020 and 2030 that otherwise would not have occurred. Fill with hope those who are troubled by the uncertainty of the future and the consequences for the economy and employment. We pray for families who have been separated 20. TheCatholic Health Association of the United Statesoffers this prayer along with several others that might fight your needs. Help us, Mother of Divine Love,to conform ourselves to the will of the Fatherand to do what Jesus tells us.For he took upon himself our suffering,and burdened himself with our sorrowsto bring us, through the cross,to the joy of the Resurrection. Help those who are living in unease to trust You in this time so that in times to come we may rest assured that You will be faithful to be with us until the end of the age. She is a former award-winning journalist with over 2,000 articles published. Does the Bible Mention What to Give Up for Lent? Plead with your divine Son, as you did at Cana, so that the families of the sick and the victims be comforted, and their hearts be opened to confidence and trust. For the sick and infected: God, heal and help. Its hard not to think about the virus because it has literally touched every area of our lives.