It is saturated enough that it feels really welcoming and homey, but still has the gray undertones that keep it from overwhelming a space. Misty has a lot more blue/green to it compared to Silver Strand has more of a hint of those colors. Click here to get a 12x12 peel and stick sample of Sherwin Williams Distance! I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Is also is a beautiful choice if you want to cool down your warmer tones room. Help spread the word. Sherwin Williams Krypton vs. I'm wondering if Van Courtland Blue would go well with oak flooring? They also hold their own when they are used in combination with black colors, white colors, or wood tones. Click here to get a 12x12 peel and stick sample of Sherwin Williams North Star! Rock Candy is a pale, almost pastel gray color. Click here to get a 12x12 peel and stick sample of Benjamin Moore Boothbay Gray! Whether it involves shopping for clothes or furniture, my eyes are almost always drawn to blue colors first. any color imaginable. It is neutral enough to cover every wall. For HOME STAGING, this has more depth than I'd prefer, but for personal use, if you aren't into the lighter, softer colours, this one could hit a great spot. Get all savings and management perks of a Paint Professional Account plus next level access to color chips color resources and more. With deep blue undertones, it refines the look in the most gorgeous ways! Whats the Best Way to Sample This Color? Sea Salt has a LRV of 63, which is almost identical to Misty at 62. Get design inspiration for painting projects. Here is an example of a warm neutral with gray undertones: A Guide to Sherwin-Williams Skyline Steel (SW 1015). Get a paint sample or paint swatch of Agreeable Gray and stick it in your car or bag. Click here to get a 12x12 peel and stick sample of Benjamin Moore Brittany Blue! Depends on what you are going for. March 31 2019 at 652 pm. You've given me some additional colors to consider. Your email address will not be published. Waters Edge has an almost teal undertone. Join the (free!) I think that would look nice! Paint colors, DIY projects, and organization ideas. Learn more about, The RGB values for Sherwin Williams SW6246 North Star are 200, 207, 208 and the HEX code is #C8CFD0. Here is our complete review of this blue-gray paint color! Sale! order a peel-and-stick sample from Samplize. What is the Hue Angle and Chroma for Sherwin Williams SW6246 North Star? This video is interior home photos with the walls painted with Sherwin Wil. My handpicked coordinating colors & color schemes for Misty by Sherwin-Williams. Check out my video tutorial on the easiest & cleanest way to open a paint can! These cool toned colors can also be considered slate colors. I gravitate towards the color all the time. It feels so light and pure that you would absolutely feel relaxed after a long hard-working day. Look for a shade with more blue than gray! I mean Im not sure how relevant this is to paint colors in your kitchen. GET THE PAINTING TOOLS THE PROS USE! Color schemes for North Star SW 6246. If you know me, you know Im a fan of blue. It is a soft, refreshing color and would look great in a nursery or bathroom. Click here to get a 12x12 peel and stick sample of Sherwin Williams Rock Candy! Sherwin williams north star color palette. Polo Blue is a rich, masculine, true navy color. I have a lot to share, so you may want to pack a lunch and grab a snack because this may take a while. It might not be the color for all of the walls in your home, but using it selectively can be really beautiful. Slate Blue is the bluest out of this group. Pair it with bright white or charcoal for interest and contrast. Please note that I've always heard if you have "orangey" oak floors, blue is a good color to pair with them. It is a really cheerful color and would work well on walls in many rooms. Click here to get a 12x12 peel and stick sample of Benjamin Moore Hale Navy! View this post on Instagram. Livid (blue-gray) is the opposite concept from brown. Misty is a grayish blue with a lot of green undertones you can really see the green if you look at the darker colors on the paint strip. Also, Silver Strand has a LRV of 59, making it slightly darker compared to Misty (LRV 62). This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Not a pure blue but a blend of gray and blue, Sherwin Williams North Star is quite light and pretty. Learn more about the Paint Color Formula here! Another name for this color is livid; this color name comes from the Latin color term lividus meaning a dull leaden-blue color, and also used to describe the color of contused flesh, leading to the English expression black and blue'. Better yet, add a pop of blue as an accent wall or on your cabinets. TRY SAMPLIZE SAMPLES OF The Best Dark Blue Gray Paint Colors from Sherwin Williams, TRY SAMPLIZE SAMPLES OF The Best Light Blue Gray Paint Colors from Benjamin Moore, TRY SAMPLIZE SAMPLES OF The Best Dark Blue Gray Paint Colors from Benjamin Moore, How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets the Right Way, An Amazing Dark Gray from Sherwin Williams. About Laura . As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I use Samplize stick-on samples. Click here to get a 12x12 peel and stick sample of Sherwin Williams 6232 Misty paint color! I want the color to show neutral and give our kids the color they want in their bedrooms. Icy is a very blue color with gray undertones. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. Keep in mind that this just shows similar colors based on the color values we have stored in our database. It has a lot of red in it, which gives it that purple look. It will tone down a bright room just a bit, but wont be too dark for a darker room. Thundercloud is a medium toned blue shade with almost periwinkle undertones. To me, it feels like aqua, all grown up and sophisticated. Click here to get a 12x12 peel and stick sample of Sherwin Williams Dockside Blue! When looking for the perfect accent pieces to match your home, try this hack! See my comparison of Sea Salt vs Misty here! Granite Peak is a deep charcoal gray color with icy blue undertones. There is no natural light in this room. As I mentioned before, you can try out this color with real paint, (but without the mess) using stick-on samples. It is heavier on the blue than the gray. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Get this color in a: Color Sample Paint Sample Interior Paint Exterior Paint Coordinating Colors Quicksilver SW 6245 Alabaster SW 7008 Cadet SW 9143 See North Star work in any room Click here to get a 12x12 peel and stick sample of Benjamin Moore Flower Box! The transit time depends on your location and the shipping method you choose. This post may contain affiliate links, which means that we earn a small percentage of each sale. I however, would like a suggestion for open living room, kitchen, dining room. Both colors have more blue than gray in them. Its also a gorgeous choice for exterior siding for a home. Of the 2, SW Icicle has more of a blue tint to it. Even something with a little green can be nice. Lets chat and make this process as easy as possible for you! Your Sherwin-Williams account number that you received from your local store rep. It feels warm, welcoming, and inviting. Click here to get a 12x12 peel and stick sample of Sherwin Williams Misty! We get intense sun most of the day. I have white sheers on windows and need curtain panels and pillows on the bed. Theres so much gray to it, you might say that it is in the gray color family, too! This is a great way to bring blue into your home! It feels like the beach and would be stunning on the walls in a master bedroom. In this review of Sherwin-Williams North Star 6246, we will take a look at the undertones, give a color comparison and recommend complimentary colors. Categories Blue, Coordinating Colors, Gray, Home Blog Sherwin Williams Misty Coordinating Colors, Sherwin Williams Online Coordinating Colors, Sherwin Williams Repose Gray Coordinating Colors, Copyright 2023 The Paint Color Project | Wisteria on Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Sherwin Williams Misty Coordinating Colors, The best cream paint colors for living rooms, 10 best Sherwin Williams cream paint colors, Benjamin Moore Swiss Coffee: a complete color review. I have difficulty with pairing cool and warm colors. It has enough pigment that it really reads as blue, but the tone is muddied enough that it doesnt feel overwhelming at all. Its always a great color to start with though I always suggest swatching 3-5 colors before committing to one! All paint is custom-made to order. Iceberg is a very light blue with strong gray undertones. It feels almost teal, but not quite green enough. Cloudy Sky is tinkering on the teal side but is nonetheless an awesome blue gray option. You can choose to pair Misty with neutral colors to make it look bluer or with bold blues to make it look more neutral! The LRV for Sherwin Williams SW6246 North Star is 61.49. Sherwin-Williams North Star vs Krypton (SW 6247) Sherwin-Williams Krypton has LRV 52. the potential variation of colors is increased. paint product, application method, gloss level, film variance, surface Please note that, other Sherwin Williams Misty vs Sea Salt Sea Salt looks quite green next to Misty, with Misty looking much more gray. Four color schemes to use with Misty. Click here to get a 12x12 peel and stick sample of Benjamin Moore Comet! From the exterior of the home to a master bedroom, choosing a blue gray paint color is sure to add a sense of calmness and beauty to the space. I was thinking about SW Gris for the kitchen accent behind the cabinets and SW Grays Harbor for the dining room, but I'm worried it might be too dark as it's a smaller space. What I like to do is sample Misty under different lights where Im going to use it. Mineral Alloy is an almost denim blue shade. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Paint Color Matches of Cool Products We All Love, Paint for Marketing and Branding Applications, How To Buy Paint Colors on MyPerfectColor. If your need is immediate, select Expedited Production during checkout. See more ideas about storm clouds north star paint colors. Considering using Sherwin Williams Misty in your home? Rock Candy is a pale gray blue in the white & pastel family. The SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY was founded by Henry Sherwin and Edward Williams in 1866. Sherwin Williams Reflection tends to reflect utter coolness in your space. The great thing about blue-gray paint colors is that they are neutral enough to use almost anywhere in your home, but add a pop of interest and color that a more neutral-neutral might not. One of the deepest gray blue colors on this list, Morning Fog reads as a cool, calming gray in most lighting situations. This can be JUST as overwhelming as picking your main wall color! You need to decide what look you are going for (how blue, how light or dark) and pick a few to get samples in to try in your home! But it is still something to think about. It has an elegant feel to it. Click here to get a 12x12 peel and stick sample of Benjamin Moore Windy Sky! It has gray undertones that keep it from reading too purple. Required fields are marked *. North Start will work for your space if you are looking for a cooler room palette. Thanks for posting these blue paint colors. The actual paint color will also vary depending on the specific You can pair it with beiges and creamier whites to create a balanced look. It is a fun way to test paint colors, and the material is flexible so you can wrap it around corners. Pure White (SW) might be too white. This post may contain affiliate links, which means that we earn a small percentage of each sale. The RGB values for Sherwin Williams SW6246 North Star are 200, 207, 208 and the HEX code is #C8CFD0. Click here to get a 12x12 peel and stick sample of Benjamin Moore Van Courtland Blue! i like it but want to make sure its not country looking, Im more modern. Learn more about our color matching accuracy. Click here to get a 12x12 peel and stick sample of Benjamin Moore Whispering Spring! It has an icy appearance and pairs very nicely with a more charcoal gray. In artificial or southern light, this color will feel like more of a gray. It has the potential to get bold quickly, but has just enough muddiness to it to keep it from getting out of control.