Posted at 21:44h in star wars: tempest runner hardcover by does goat cheese have lactose. It's a squad win. "We can get it done, you can't legislate that.". This time it took Kerr 12 minutes to find the opener, dodging a late challenge before coolly firing into the bottom-right corner. Chelsea captain Magda Eriksson told Sky Sports: "It means much winning a league, but winning it this way is even more. I'm a tomboy and you're not going to ever see me in tight clothes. Kerr is a goalscoring phenomenon. The following version of Trans Activism UK's Open Letter to the BBC, complete with signatories present at 8pm UK on Friday October 29th, is the version . The pain driving Manchester Uniteds supercharged WSL start, Original reporting and incisive analysis, direct from the Guardian every morning. FWA Women's Footballer of the . There's something about that feeling of home that is so special. You saw from the results it was 1-0 games and we found a way to win.". Kerr sealed Chelsea's title-winning "destiny" with a pair of brilliant volleys, hammering a left-footed strike into the top corner to level the score at 2-2 a minute after the break and later looped a volley past goalkeeper Mary Earps after controlling the ball with her chest. My dog Billie is the best, she's a boxer breed and she even has her own. We were pretty close to being unbeaten all season. "This is one of the best matches I played in Kingsmeadow. "I don't care who scored! We used the crowd, we needed them today. Kerr has now one seven golden boot awards across three leagues in six years. Cuthbert also always feels the luckiest since she has the best parents she could wish for despite not being from the poshest neighborhood because Irvine is a poor neighborhood in Scotland with a lot of poverty. [She] really really inspired me and she still does now'., Three UK also spoke to young grassroots players to find out who inspires them to play today. We need to keep believing and up our game next season.". Access the best of Getty Images with our simple subscription plan. The football player made her Scottish Womens Premier League debut in September 2013, and in January 2015, she moved to Glasgow City. They didn't fit me but I wore two pairs of socks and I used to roll around in these Jordans and I thought I was the hottest kid on the block. "She's not just a leader in the group but she can always find another level in herself. Entries by 1pm Monday. Erin Cuthbert: 'If you can't handle the pressure, you will never survive at Chelsea' The midfielder discusses Emma Hayes' management style, Chelsea's never-say-die attitude and how data use has evolved in the women's game. Associated With. The Gunners scored both of their goals at the Chigwell Construction Stadium in six minutes, but it did not prove to be enough. Transfer speculation continues to grow around Miedema's future at Arsenal, and Sunday's game could mark her final appearance for the club. She began playing football with both boys and girls teams at an early age, making her senior debut at age 15, and by the time she was 23, she had made 145 appearances for her club. We all see what a good connection theyve got and what a telepathic link-up they have. Kerr, this time the provider, collected a ball over the top and raced clear on the left before cutting back for James to power in, the 21-year-old sliding to her knees in celebration in front of the United Barmy Army that so worshiped her when she wore red for three years. Chelsea came from behind to beat Man Utd 4-2; Martha Thomas and Ella Toone scored for United in the first half, with Erin Cuthbert netting the Chelsea reply; Two goals from Sam Kerr and Guro Reiten's strike saw the Blues to the title; Arsenal beat West Ham 2-0, finishing second, Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player. Published Dec 5, 2021. I can't really share with you guys what we get up to, but we're always joking around, at the back of the team bus laughing, we like to play a bit of Kesha, Ariana Grande, a bit of Pitbull, and just have a laugh. She has previously. That leadership when Magda Eriksson was out was important. When we play like that, no-one can stop us. We didn't know what was going to happen. We spoke about their movement, and we need to be better with that.. This year I haven't won anything. "Other teams had injuries and it showed on the pitch in their results. Match report as Chelsea move three points clear at the top of the WSL after victory against Tottenham at Stamford Bridge; Emma Hayes said after the game: "We have to be more ambitious for ourselves. second-half penalty ended Aston Villas three-game losing run and left I know the players want to be here more, but I also think it's important that there is a business cost to playing. The gap between Manchester United and Chelsea is closing, but the WSL champions emphasised their continued superiority over United with a hard-earned 3-1 defeat of their title challengers. It took just four minutes for Chelsea to score the only goal the last time these sides met at the Bridge. Who inspires you? Most Popular #5750. MLB All-Star Jeff Bagwell spent his 15-year career with the Houston Astros four times. Merse: If Arsenal win next three, they win title | Arteta: Our most-emotional moment, Man Utd takeover: Sheikh Jassim and Ratcliffe bids through to next stage, Arsenal's young gems pass their toughest resilience test yet, Verstappen takes opening F1 2023 pole as Red Bull oust Ferrari, Alonso, Transfer Centre LIVE! Erin Cuthbert is single and has yet to exchange wedding vows with her better half; thus, the footballer is unmarried. "An unbelievable season and a great end to it. At the moment its Drake because hes got so many good songs out. Manchester City finished third to claim a place in next season's Champions League. Instead, he always taught her to give her all to achieve her objectives. Whenever I go home to Perth my mum brings her to the airport, she sleeps next to my bed and we just spend every second together. Millions of high-quality images, video, and music options are waiting for you. I think its just who I am. Fran Kirby, arguably our star performer this term, notched the second and third goals against Reading having been set up by strike partner Sam Kerr. Kerr led the fightback by scoring within 60 seconds of the restart. 'I say Kerrburt when I assist Sam! Erin Cuthbert believes missing out on Euro 2022 was a blessing in disguise after it afforded her the opportunity to cement her preferred role at Chelsea. The crowd, the weather, the goals were magnificent.". That has been the most important thing. Since beginning to play football professionally in 2013, Cuthbert has amassed a net worth of $1.5 million, according to All Famous Birthdays. But United threw a spanner in the works as Martha Thomas andElla Toone netted either side of anErin Cuthbert equalizer to give United a 2-1 lead at half time. Alessia Russos strike helped spark United back to life but they could not find the leveller and Erin Cuthberts deflected strike in added time killed things. I didn't even know the goalkeeper was out. She also left Glasgow City on December 8th to join Chelsea of the FA WSL. Her parents are very loving, caring, and kind. Additionally, the pair is constantly mischief-making humorously. "There's the mentality in the dressing room to claw back from games. points. Nationwide News Pty Ltd 2023. As part of the #WeSeeYou Network campaign, Three UK sat down with a few of the incredible players from Chelsea FC Womens team; Sam Kerr, Erin Cuthbert and Niamh Charles; to discover who they'd nominate for the #WeSeeYou Network, discussing who inspired them to play sport and football. Required fields are marked *. On August 23rd, 2022, she uploaded a photo of her brand-new car to Instagram. I went to Bali with all my girlfriends, its such a beautiful place. We've used every single member of the squad, everyone has contributed. Erin hasnt called Andrew her boyfriend, despite this. Kerr led the fightback by scoring within 60 seconds of the restart. We take a look at the most iconic Chelsea Women's goals of the season, Chelsea women manager Emma Hays describes winning the title as the best yet as they beat Manchester Utd 4-2 to win a third successive WSL trophy, Player of the Match Sam Kerr celebrates winning the WSL title and believes no-one would be able to stop the way Chelsea played in the second half, Vivianne Miedema is out of contract at Arsenal this summer, Highlights of the WSL match between West Ham and Arsenal, Chelsea lifted the WSL title after beating Man Utd, Sam Kerr is mobbed by her team-mates after scoring Chelsea's fourth goal against Manchester United, Erin Cuthbert scored the equaliser for Chelsea in the first half, WSL: Man City clinch CL spot | Spurs sign off with victory. 8.8K Share 473K views 8 months ago Chelsea Women are FA Cup winners for the fourth time when two goals from Sam Kerr and an Erin Cuthbert stunner settled a thrilling final against. Erin Cuthberts goal put the cherry on the cake at Kingsmeadow yesterday as Chelsea Women sealed the WSL title in style, and the Scot reflected afterwards on a campaign of graft paying off before looking forward to a showdown with Barcelona in the Champions League final. Chelsea and Matildas forward Sam Kerr is one of the best known women's footballers on the planet. Her father served as her coach, and she participated in both the girls squad and local boys teams. I definitely felt nervous, said Kerr. He was voted NL Rookie of the Year in 1991 and [], Erin Cuthbert Boyfriend Children, Parents, Biography, Earnings, And Net Worth. Due to your consent preferences, youre not able to view this. She's in Australia with my parents because it was just too difficult to get her over here. Erin spent five years at Rangers and played 11-a-side for Crosshouse Boys Club. People always say "what's the first thing you look at when you meet someone?" Do you like any traditional English food? I want to score as many goals I can, I just do what I can to win.". 'Kerrby!' laughed Erin. Instead, United have now lost five and drawn once, with this fixture last season ending in a bruising 6-1 defeat, but his team are a far grittier beast this season. She has also not revealed whether she is in a relationship. Instead, the athlete remained committed to her work and emphasized improving her abilities to become a better version of herself. Kerr, the all-time leading scorer in both the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) in the USA and the Australian W-League, talks us through her life in five pictures. She celebrated by scoring a stunning goal after 26 minutes, chesting. It's out the way, hallelujah! She keeps her relationship with her partner and her dating life private. Kerr told Sky Sports: "The first half we played a bit nervous, the second half it was playing about how we play. We're always up to no good, but in a funny way. I wouldnt have survived here without Helen, shes the best. Man Utd revive interest in Barcelona star De Jong, Hamilton: Mercedes 'made step forward' despite 'average' car, Hits & misses: Problems still to solve for Potter; Newcastle must find goals, Rice: Brighton played us off the pitch, it was demoralising, Saints beat Leicester to move off bottom | Selles: We're showing togetherness, Nev: Man Utd will need 'something really special' to beat Liverpool, Sam Kerr celebrates with her team-mates after giving Chelsea an early lead against Tottenham, Guro Reiten celebrates after scoring from the penalty spot, Emma Hayes believes ticket prices should be increased for women's football games in order to play at bigger stadiums. I was a late bloomer so I didn't get into football until I was 12. Chelsea thrashed Arsenal 3-0. Follow. Sam Kerr is talking through the wonder goal that helped Chelsea seal a third successive Women's Super League title. Kerr scored the first of her stunning double 47 seconds after the break as she volleyed a half-clearance into the top corner. The Scottish player started playing sports at an early age. The Its been a squad effort. Sam Kerr of Chelsea celebrates with teammates after scoring their team's fourth goal. "I'm speaking with the club and Jonas Eidevall. May 8, 2022 8:57 AM EDT. Super 6 is going International! We have been ruthless all year. She is out of contract this summer. Another part feels so empty to not get a trophy. Arsenal's game at West Ham was still goalless at the interval, meaning they led the live table with 45 minutes of the season remaining. Caitlin Foord and Beth Mead also finding the net. Chelsea Women move clear at the top of the Barclays Women's Super League table thanks to goals from Sam Kerr, Erin Cuthbert and Guro Reiten in a game played at Stamford Bridge. I'm riding that Scottish wave and that's who I'm going to be following at the Euros next year. My cousin was playing football so I thought I'd try it - and I hated every second of it. Cuthbert has 825 posts on her verified Instagram account under the moniker @erincuthbert_. Additionally, Erin graduated from the University of the West of Scotland in June 2022 and combined with the Open University while playing professional football. It was hard for my dad to be accepted as a dark-skinned man in Australia.