The Salt Lake Film Society runs the Tower Theater and Broadway Centre Cinemas, showing classic and independent films movie buffs are sure to enjoy. . Questions? Communities About Salt Lake City UT Metro 40 Communities near Salt Lake City UT Metro Sort By Select one. Just enter your email address below and you will receive a secure link via email to create a new password. independent living options and costs in Pacifica Senior Living Millcreek Great 55+ Living in SLC, If you want a Salt Lake City senior adult community with a month-to-month lease, Pacifica Senior Living Millcreek is a good place to check out. 49 Niche users give it an average review of 4.2 stars. Retirement Communities (801) 608-4564 2825 E Cottonwood Pkwy Salt Lake City, UT 84121 7. Everyone is friendly and sweet. Do you plan on buying or renting your future home? Salt Lake County currently has 2 active adult oriented retirement communities with prices ranging from $444,900 to $669,990. I appreciate the hard-working Christy who was so cheerful in organizing the entertainment. As an added benefit, residents at Capitol Hill Senior Living can enjoy having some of the most spacious studio and one-bedroom apartment units in all of Salt Lake City. It seemed very, very nice, but it costs way too much. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. The food was delicious. 80 Niche users give it an average review of 4.4 stars. Featuring a continuum of care, this award-winning community offers life-enrichment activities and a range of added services. The medical center also runs a program called Senior Advantage that provides special senior healthcare services, free or discounted health screenings, and educational opportunities for Salt Lake City Seniors. From support, From Business: Nestled in the heart of Salt Lake City, Utah, Cottonwood Creek provides a vibrant lifestyle with an activities program that is second-to-none while offering. The people are so kind and helpful. Hello! Summers are hot and dry with plenty of sunshine and there is plenty of dry snow in the mountains. We visited during Cinco de Mayo and we saw the residents were chatting with each other. Featured Review: Current Resident says I love Kaysville because it is a quiet town with baseball, hot dogs and apple pie -- we don't just say it, we live it! They were superb and very cordial. They had excellent personnel and they treated you royally. The south and southeastern parts of the state is filled with sandstone and the eastern part is a high-elevation area. Those interested in history will enjoy touring local museums, including the Church History Museum, Natural History Museum of Utah, Pioneer Memorial Museum, or the Fort Douglas Military Museum. Friend(s) It does not store any personal data. try our Senior Care Assessment Tool if you are not Taylorsville That being said, there's a great hospital and a lot of businesses that are within 10 minutes of each other, as well as great Public transport. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners. Millcreek is a very family-friendly place to live as well. Which ones will you really use? Salt Lake City UT Metro. Salt Lake City, the capitol of Utah, is located in Salt Lake County in the northern portion of the state. And a bouquet of fresh home designs by OakwoodLife. It said this place is a rural suburban area but it really isn't because there is like a five story apartment building going up and all the land in sunset is basically all being used for housing. Friendship Manor was established over 40 years ago with Theres a lot to say about Summit Vista, but our resident experts tell it best. It's obvious why Kaysville has become Utah's Hometown. Knowing where to find the best 55+ communities in the area will boost your ability to choose the right place for you. Since then I have lived in several different homes in the sandy area. 13 Niche users give it an average review of 4.5 stars. If you need help with an upcoming relocation, look no further than the experienced Salt Lake City movers here at Wasatch Moving Company! and then click "Search". Featured Review: Current Resident says I have been living in Alpine since I was 5, with the exception of a few years abroad, and it has been such a great experience! Our retirement community enhances this style of senior living by offering an abundance of services and amenities that make life as convenient as possible. With rates from Since then I have lived in several different homes in the sandy area. The southwestern area is the warmest part, which explains why many of Utah s active adult communities can be found in the southern part of the state. In the most luxurious communities, you wont have to do any work to take care of yourself. Salt Lake City, There is a celebration of each child as a unique individual, and an investment in each child to be their very best selves. 40 Communities near Utah Sort By Select one. 8 Best 55+ Senior Living Communities in Salt Lake City, 1. Like many of the best Salt Lake City retirement communities, Capitol Hill Senior Living offers resort-style amenities and full services. Depending on which affordable senior adult community in Salt Lake City you choose, you can also. As of 2013, the population of the city was estimated to be 191,180, though the population of the entire metro area is over one million. Featured Review: Current Resident says I've grown up here, it's an old town. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. The people are so kind and helpful. Corporate Overview The University of Utah is a Level 1 Trauma Center and is nationally ranked and recognized for our academic research, quality standards and overall . There are also plenty of beautiful parks with basketball, tennis, and racquetball courts. Current Resident: I think Layton is a great place to live given the closeness to the mountains and the great coffee shops, however I would like to see more diversity. Skip to the front of the line by calling: 1-800-748-4024. There are six main types of residential elder care options: Utah adopted a 5% flat income tax system in 2008. Located in Salt Lake County, Salt Lake City provides residents and guests with much to. Lots of residential space. Cove, Silverado Our biggest attraction is the Rio Tinto Stadium, which is home to the Real Salt Lake Soccer Team. Salt Lake City is 416 Niche users give it an average review of 4.1 stars. Station Park is a great place to go shopping by yourself or with friends. The surrounding area is heavily populated, with around 32,000 individuals residing in the 84107 zip code. It is also at the base of some mountains, so there is plenty of hiking and biking trails and other outdoor activities. I acknowledge I was able to review the Agreement to be Contacted, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy. They also had entertainment", "My mother will be moving here on September 15th. and It's also not unique to CH but the poor air quality in the valley is frustrating to deal with every winter and summer - something to consider if moving from out of state. Read 102 reviews. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. 37 Niche users give it an average review of 3.5 stars. The menu of activities runs deep at The Spring House to give residents everything to enjoy resort-style living. Ready to Choose the Best SLC 55+ Community for You? , residents can enjoy elegant surroundings, senior-centered services, and a 24/7 security response team. for older persons of all economic backgrounds. Though I myself do not drink, you can find bars, restaurants, movie theaters, shopping centers, arcades, roller skating, gyms, ice cream and other dessert places, race tracks, and several other fun things to do. On average, consumers rate independent living in Salt Lake City there are many choices and that choosing the right senior housing facility is important, so make sure to take There is a celebration of each child as a unique individual, and an investment in each child to be their very best selves. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. However you may visit Cookie Settings to provide a controlled consent. But AMES is in the process of changing it currently. in The downtown area is currently experiencing a lot of residential growth, which is good news for anyone looking for retirement communities in Salt Lake City. Read 209 reviews. I'm in a 1-bedroom", 425 E Bishop Federal Ln, Salt Lake City, UT 84115, "St. Joseph Senior Apartments is really great. Salt Lake City over 55 communities are designed for people who are 55 years old and beyond. Manor 1320 East 500 South, Salt Lake City, YP - The Real Yellow PagesSM - helps you find the right local businesses to meet your specific needs. The. This is a great place to live with great people and a safe area. Read 6 reviews. 8. It is an outdoor adventurer s paradise, especially in the northern part of the state with the Wasatch Mountains and world-class ski resorts like Park City and Deer Valley. Located in a suburb of Salt Lake City, Daybreak offers two active-adult communitiesGarden Park and Springhouse Village. St Joseph Senior Living is an independent living community that is located in Salt Lake City, UT. I'm in a 1-bedroom a We advise you to always check with individual facilities for specific senior living services Because these programs are offered on-site, they are easy to take part in and a great way to spend your free time. More. 3750 Highland Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84106. There are a lot of markets through summer/fall, the davis county fair is held here, and there is a very good sports and recreation program. Read 80 reviews. Senior Living - Aspen Park In the winter, Centerville gets a lot of snow which makes sledding and skiing fun activities to do when it's cold outside. Read 59 reviews. People here either work in Salt Lake, HAFB, or Ogden primarily. Read 7 reviews. These youth work so hard, and so do their families through this process and I feel privileged to be a part of their journey. All Seasons - A Popular Place to Live for People Over 55 6. nearby. 202 Niche users give it an average review of 4.2 stars. 3 If you want a Salt Lake City senior adult community with a month-to-month lease, Pacifica Senior Living Millcreek is a good place to check out. To search for senior living and senior care, simply type a location into the search bar and select the types of Established in 1875, it is one of the oldest hospitals in the region. Featured Review: Current Resident says When I moved to Utah back in 2017, my girlfriend (now wife) lived in Roy for many years. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. While the state taxes Social Security benefits, it does provide a retirement-income tax credit for income-eligible seniors. There are 50 senior living communities, including Independent Living, Assisted Living, Continuing Care(CCRC) and more in Salt Lake City, UT. There are a lot of things to do,. Current Resident: Salt Lake is an up-and-coming city currently undergoing lots of construction to facilitate its rapidly growing population. 24 Niche users give it an average review of 3.8 stars. While some of the small town unity is gone, neighborhoods are strong and love and support abounds for those by whom they reside. They always offer help and show a high level of concern of each other. License Numbers: MC# 895551 USDOT# 2487294, With 222 days of sunshine a year and so many other benefits to living here, its not surprising the Salt Lake area attracts so many retirees. Featured Review: Works Here says Eva Carlston is a company that provides opportunity for growth for their clients and also employees. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. My favorite places to go are Game Haven and Fizz, which both are within a mile or two from my house. Find Utah retirement communities, including active adult communities, independent living, assisted living, memory care, nursing care and more. Find Salt Lake City senior housing options with a variety of offerings that match your needs. Sign Up. When my husband and I moved to this area we anticipated only living here for about one year, however, we fell in love with the neighborhood, the. Current Resident: I love West Bountiful! Romney Park Plaza Senior Housing Retirement Communities Rest Homes (801) 533-9160 475 E 900 S Salt Lake City, UT 84111 8. If Daybreak feels different than other places, its because this South Jordan community is different. Please, 2022 Places with the Lowest Cost of Living. By requesting more information, you agree that 55places.com and its affiliates, partner providers, or I always feel safe and trust that others will treat me well. In this top Salt Lake City active retirement community, you can rent one of the 10 different floor plans for your new, private residence. $2,899 We're uniquely situated and conveniently located "in the middle of everything." in the Featured Review: Current Resident says When I was 5 I moved to sandy with my family. photo to see more details. 209 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. Highland Cove Retirement Community is one of the top Salt Lake City retirement communities for independent living. 3750 Highland Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84106, https://www.centurypa.com/senior-living/highland-cove/. Read 149 reviews. The Wentworth at Parklane - Securely Gated Senior Living in Salt Lake 5. Residents can also enjoy relaxing while staff members handle housekeeping chores, landscaping, and cooking meals. I haven't had a chance to move in there yet, but so far, they've been working with me really well with what I need to get. Many people enjoy getting away from the loud parties and noises of young people and children, making these developments even more welcome. Lindon is close to the mountains, and the closest ski resort is around 25 minutes away making winter very fun! For example, if you are looking in your city for low-income senior housing communities Explore Senior Housing options in Salt Lake City, and nearby cities. Lindon is close to the mountains, and the closest ski. Current Resident: I live in a town near Ogden Utah known as South Weber. She's". You can interact as much as you want or not (you don't have to). By clicking Accept, you agree to this use of cookies. In addition to outdoor recreation, Utah does have many cultural attractions throughout the state. There's a pretty bad homeless problem, as it's only ten minutes to downtown. We were surprised to learn that about half of our neighbors we know are LDS, but have never felt bothered with the LDS culture. I'm fond of Bountiful Main Street and all the little quaint shops that are there, especially the new ice cream parlor, Blacksmith Icecream! Communities. Read 185 reviews. I graduated high school many years ago and have noticed that many of my grade school peers have not left sandy either, simply because it is home and everything is conveniently located, the people are nice, the city is clean, safe, and full of history. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Get personalized guidance from a dedicated local advisor 5. Like most of the western states, Utah has few days of thunderstorms. There are several health care options in the Sandy area. Already have an account? We offer thousands of original articles, helpful tools, advice from more than 50 leading experts, a community of caregivers, and a comprehensive directory of caregiving services. Featured Review: Current Resident says I love West Bountiful! suited in nursing homes, and those with short-term medical care needs may be best suited in respite care. 7. Get Pricing Info See Details I love to see the mountains every morning and the people in the community where I live are all friendly. Whether you are looking for the perfect 55+ communities in Salt Lake City for yourself or for a loved one, the right home is out there. Looks like there is something wrong here. I've meet my best friends here in my area and I'm very grateful to live where I do. Garden Park Village:Just for people age 55+. Program Assistant, in SALT LAKE CITY Overview This position organizes, directs and controls all aspects of a site, project or program within an administrative unit. According to Ken Perlman, Principal with John Burns Real Estate Consulting,Daybreak is not just one of the best master plans in Salt Lake City, but anywhere. You understand that your consent is not a prerequisite for buying, selling or renting a property. The city looks to grow fast. Featured Review: Current Resident says I grew up in North Ogden when there were almost fewer stop signs than there are traffic lights now. There are several elementary schools in Centerville, and 1 Jr. High School; however, the closest high school is Viewmont High School which is on the boarder of Centerville and Bountiful. At the western base of the Wasatch Range is the Wasatch Front that has valleys and basins. Give us a call today at (801) 758-0030 or complete the Request a Quote form at the top of this page for a free moving estimate!