RELATED POST: SOPA DE ESTRELLITAS RECIPE. I use my leftover tamale beef to make this simple tamale pie. Our joint goal is to educate homemakers. I was asked to bring the salsa and to make the taquitos. There are only 4 ingredients in this breakfast but the taste is out of this world. She wrote a cookbook focusing on the cuisine of Brazil. We wont judge. This will reheat the pie through to the center and not make the topping too soggy (that can happen if the pie is just microwaved!). Skip the second half of the recipe that shows you how to cook tamale meat- you already have it! They are pan-fried until golden brown and the cheese is gooey and melted. Welcome to My Nest! Oaxaca cheese on a pizza is probably my new favorite thing! Thank you! I really love to help families really tighten up their budgets by cooking yummy, homemade food for their family using first what you have on hand. We are a team of passionate moms and homemakers. Repeat with remaining crust and filling., Bake until golden brown, 15-18 minutes. Incredible toasted. Remove the husks from the tamales and roughly chop them into pieces of about 1". Your dinner sounds wonderful. Save this recipe for the wintertime when a thick, creamy soup is something you crave. Some of these leftover tamale recipes are even better than the original tamales. Heat the tamales up for 2-3 minutes. In a large bowl, combine masa, baking powder, 2 . This dish just gets better the next day! I like to double the amount of cheese in the recipe, too. Sopes are made with masa flour, just like tamales. Norine. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. I absolutely love one-pot meals that dont require hours in the kitchen. That way you still get the benefits of one cook for multiple meals! Lightly grease or spray a 913-inch baking dish, set aside. YES! If you are just reheating one slice of pie, place the slice on a small oven safe tray and reheat it at 325 degrees F in your toaster oven for about 8 minutes. Turn down to low, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent burning. I love the idea of using vegetarian tamales. These tamale hash-baked eggs may be just what you need. Really tasty, my kids have never asked for seconds before. You definitely can freeze tamale pie. Sprinkle with onion and cheese. YES! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Preheat the oven to 325 . By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Add four cups of beef broth. Add chicken or pork and warm. To make the tamales, soak Guajillo chiles in warm water until soft, about 20 minutes. Add a little cheese and bake until the chili sauce is bubbling. TAMALE MIXTURE. We made it with lentils instead of beef. Bring to a boil; skim foam from surface. Which should I use? Spicy and bold, you really don't want to miss out on this amazing corn queso dip. Chopped beef tamales are sauteed with some onions in a large skillet. Add enough water to cover. It is creamy, hearty, and full of tasty tamale slices. Cut tamales into 3/4-in. Jalapeo Corn Queso Dip . * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I think next time I will use meatier tamales and/or add in some beans or meat to the mix. It combines the spices of the Southwest with the comfort of a hearty breakfast. Such a quick simple dish. Hi Cindy! Have a wonderful weekend. Transfer the paste to a large resealable plastic bag. Red enchilada sauce adds a ton of great flavor while shredded cheese and creamed corn make the dish pretty irresistible. Want to take your shelf cooking a little farther? Cook covered for an hour, then uncover and cook an additional 10-15 minutes until golden brown and cooked all the way through. It's a tried and true family favorite, and it's so versatile, you're going to want to make this A LOT. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Tamales are typically made with a special flour called masa. Plus, you can even re-use the leftovers in different, clever ways if your family isn't keen on leftovers! Today, Garza has their sights set on sweet leftover tamales in upcoming celebrations. Check out the about us page for more information about our teams credentials. Roast your own poblano peppers (it's easy to do) and add them to this casserole for extra flavor. Pulled pork is already flavorful enough, but when you add more barbecue sauce, cheese, and aji sauce to it, it makes the most wonderful-tasting empanada filling. No part of this site including, but not limited to, ideas, text, photographs or images may be copied, republished or distributed without express permission. If using warmed chili or room temperature chili check on the tamale pie about 10 minutes early to see if it is finished cooking a little faster than expected. I have one in the freezer for a night I work! Rick Holbrook A green chili made of roasted poblanos, tomatillos, and cilantro provides a bright and fruity base for the rich pork carnitas in these light and tender tamales. Ya wanna know what else? Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly oil a 9 x 9-inch (2-1/2 quart) casserole dish. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining corn chips. Chop up your leftover tamales and toss them with the shredded chicken. The little balls become beautiful, two-bite corn cakes that will rival any Mexican restaurant. I do like my egg yolks runny like the recipe instructs but my kids like a firmer yolk. Thank you again for stopping by and sharing. Super easy!! This recipe will show you how to make it! Your Texas Tamales Tools Skillet Knife Bowl Whisk Casserole Pan Tin Foil Measuring cups Ingredients: 16 Delia's Texas tamales 2 tablespoons of olive oil 1 medium onion 3 poblano peppers, roasted or if you crave spice jalapeos 2 cloves of garlic 6 ounces of cream cheese Salt for taste Freshly ground black pepper for taste 1 cup sour cream Cover with foil and store in the freezer for up to one month. beneath the video, so be sure to read on for full details! My 1 year old loves beans so we doubled the beans and he ate his whole serving! The recipe is great but I did have to double the batch of cornmeal to fit both tops of the 2 casseroles. What did I do wrong? Thank you so much for this wonderful review. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the grated cheese over the onions. This recipe is a welcome addition to your snack time or lunch alongside tamales. Thanks again- delicious! This Texas tamale soup has just the right amount of heat to make me swoon. In addition to spice, the tamale soup is also full of veggies. I am crazy about these tamale bowls because you can customize them as much as youd like. Home Dishes & Beverages Casseroles Vegetable Casseroles. Let the pie cool completely and then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. ground black pepper 12 tbsp. You can freeze this dish. Wonderful recipe will make this again! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. That means on Sunday, it is time to eat the leftovers! Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. While the water comes to a boil. Everyone lines up for some hot tamale soup! You know we're huge fans around here of making double and then freezing one batch for later when we're meal planning. I often have leftover masa flour that I need to use up. FILLING. Top your sopes with any leftover tamale meat or just some classic shredded lettuce. Then turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes. Bake for 35-40 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling. Fry on until browned on each side. Add tamales with the open side up and cook until filling is heated through and separates from the husk, about 1 hour. Chop everything together in a skillet and you are done! You can store it this way for up to6 months. When you're ready to eat the frozen meal, stick it in the fridge the day before to give it plenty of time to thaw and bake like normal. I love jalapenos in just about every dish. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Repeat with remaining husks. Cover them liberally with that amazing enchilada sauce. Place a portion of the chopped tamales in the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. You might want to check out our Leftover White Rice Recipes. Chili powder, cumin, and cayenne are all responsible for the heat in this soup. The enchilada sauce is perfection. Crumble up 1/4 cup of Cotija cheese and sprinkle all over the top of the casserole. directions. It is the readers responsibility to determine the value and quality of any recipe or instructions provided for food preparation and to determine the nutritional value, if any, and safety of the preparation instructions. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chips are crisp and cheese is melted. Another great way to use those leftover tamales is to treat them like Tex-Mex enchiladas. 15 Edible Valentines You Can Make At Home! Then, when you're ready to enjoy, thaw it out for 30 minutes or so and pop it in the oven set at 375F for 40 minutes! Place in a greased shallow 1-qt. Do you have a few tamale questions? Tacos plus tamales? Cause Carbs and laughter are two of my favorite things! Mix. How to wrap a Homemade Tamal de Elote: Using a soup ladle, pour the corn mixture on each husk. This casserole is so quick to put together, but true comfort food, and easy to keep the ingredients on hand. Break the tamales up into small pieces and add to the mix. Cook: Stir in ground beef, drained beans, and drained tomatoes. Tamales are often served as a weekend meal. I love the combination of savory and sweet with this tamale pie. Write Tamale Casserole on top with a permanent marker, along with the baking instructions. Grease a large oven-safe skillet with cooking spray. Looking for more delicious homemade goodness? Tamales are really fun to make but somewhat labor intensive, so most people tend to make them in large batches. Line tamales in baking dish. Ingredients Produce 2 cloves Garlic 1 Onion, medium 3 Poblano peppers, roasted Canned Goods 1/4 cup Chicken broth Condiments 1/2 cup Salsa, green or red Oils & Vinegars 2 tbsp Olive oil Dairy 2 cups Cheese, grated 6 oz Cream cheese Unwrap tamales and cut into thick chunks. Hi, do you bake the one for the freezer first, then freeze? Add masa mixture to lard and mix until it has a smooth cookie dough consistency. 15 Best Ever Instant Pot Soup Recipes To Try This Fall. You will never grow tired of eating pupusas made from tamale masa! Enjoy and have fun with your shelf cooking! Smother hearty tamales with chili. This tamale casserole dinner idea is not only easy to whip up, it stores REALLY well. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. I know this is an old recipe but I hope that you see it. Cut pork into 3 chunks and place in a large saucepan. Much Love, can of tomato paste. Instructions. Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. I hope you enjoyed the casserole and it turned out okay! Make this casserole recipe and everyone will be able to enjoy it without worry. ), Southwestern-Style Beef and Potato Casserole. The tamales dont need to cook any longer! Add tomatillo pure and stir constantly until it thickens and begins to stick to pan, about 5 minutes. baking powder 1/8 tsp. I hope you guys enjoy this recipe and see that by using the ingredients you have, you can make some awesome meals without having to run to the store. Tamales go well with just about any kind of Mexican or Tex-mex food. A perfect dinner doesnt have to take long! Store them in a plastic bag until ready to use again. This looks delicious and we plan on making it tonight! This recipe was so easy and yummy! Unwrap tamales and cut into thick chunks. Go for that second helping. Once that yumminess comes out of the oven, serve it up warm with our homemade refried beans or some of your leftover rice! In a saucepan, saut the onion in butter for 3 minutes. I served this with some avocado chunks and even more of the enchilada sauce. Thanks for bringing that cook time to our attention, its been changed to reflect it more accurately. We had a fantastic dinner with Trader Joes Mexican rice and tortilla chips and guacamole on the side. Place on a greased baking sheet. Step 5. In a baking pan or similar size casserole dish . Cover the pot with a tightly fitting lid. Cornmeal is going to have less flavor than masa flour and it may be a little more coarse. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Green enchilada sauce, chicken, and tamales all go together so well. One of the great things about this recipethe Corn Masa soaks up all that luscious enchilada sauce like my winter dry hands do when lotion skims their surface! I have ALL the details from the video (and many more!) In a large bowl combine cornbread stuffing mixes, chicken broth, creamed corn, frozen corn, jalapenos, jalapeno juice. And, of course, the Colby cheese is the perfect finishing touch. Preheat oven to 450F degrees In a 12" oven safe skillet, heat oil in the skillet on the stovetop. 1. These cakes are almost sweet enough to be served as dessert! We usually freeze without baking, but you could really do it either way. Recipes. Keep cooking for 1 more minute. Other things you can add: Not only is this tamale casserole really yummy, but the best part is that it's easily frozen! So good! If you love tamales youll love this recipe. Therefore, please use the information at your own risk. When soft, add chiles, 2 cloves of garlic, cumin, and cup of soaking water to a blender and puree until smooth. (Thats why MuMus and Tunic tops were created! My husband ended up dying on New Years Eve but the dinner at least made Christmas a bit better. Sigh! Plus, it's the epitome of shelf cooking! Can you use canned enchilada sauce for this recipe? Have tamale casserole leftovers? I left out the beans because I have one child that doesnt like them, but she liked the rest of it. Do you have some extra plain masa? They are a little chewy and a tiny bit crunchy on the outside. The tasty tamales make it filling and hearty. They do take quite a while to prepare so it is often a dinner reserved for a saturday. Learn how your comment data is processed. What if I told you that you can whip up an easy tamale casserole that tastes like a million bucks from ingredients you already have in your inventory plus it's versatile enough to incorporate stuff you need to use up (I'm looking at you, ground beef in my freezer!). Pour the cornbread mixture into a 12 inch skillet or a 99 inch baking pan. Load it up with grated cheese! Reheat your leftover Saturday tamales and eat like you are in Guatemala on Sunday! How do you use the leftovers? Store them in a plastic bag until ready to use again. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); How to Repurpose Leftovers to Make them Brand New. Onions, pinto beans, poblano peppers and tomatoes are all added into the broth. Cover with 1/2 of the onion-pepper mixture. This casserole starts by whipping up a quick batch of this wonderful enchilada sauce! I just love the tender pieces of dough inside a bowl of warm soup. Tamales are time consuming to make so I like to make sure I have plenty. Add the chile puree and cook until it darkens. Hot tamale soup! Apart from tamales, it pairs perfectly with other Mexican staples like tacos and enchiladas. The tamales are mashed with a little salsa and sometimes peppers or corn is added to the mix. Just make the corn muffin batter then stuff the muffins with your premade meat. Took 10 minutes. In a 10 inch oven-proof skillet, cook the ground beef, crumbling it into pieces as it cooks. Photo Credit: Irma's Original. When you are ready to eat the tamale pie, let it thaw in the fridge overnight or pop the frozen pie in a 325 degree F oven and heat it for about 30 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the cream cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste.. Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a large cast-iron skillet, melt the butter on medium-low heat. We may just need to try this version! I especially love only needing to clean one pan! All Rights Reserved May be printed for personal use only. Fold sides of husk together, 1 over the other. Remove pork and let cool. But my husband was in the hospital on Christmas and because of all the snow, we were worried about the lack of food delivery. Sausage Tortilla Breakfast Bake. Bake for 35-40 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling. The masa tamale filling is sweetened and then scooped before cooking. It is such an easy way to put a fantastic breakfast on the table. You made my week!!! I was looking for a way to use my leftover masa harina flour from making tamales and stumbled upon Pizza Azteca. Apart from just reheating a leftover tamale, this might be the best way way to eat it.00:00 Intro00:27 Cooking onions1:17 Removing husk \u0026 cutting tamale2:18 Adding tamale to onions3:05 Adding green chiles \u0026 salsa4:46 Cutting cheese5:07 Building7:15 Baking instructions7:38 The reveal8:37 First Bite10:04 Outro SHOP: STCG KNIVES http://shopstcg.com STCG MERCH http://makeamericacook.com STCG KITCHEN MUST-HAVES http://bit.ly/stcg-kitchen-musthaves JOIN THE COMMUNITY: REDDIT http://bit.ly/stcg-reddit DISCORD SERVER https://discord.gg/stcg CONNECT: INSTAGRAM http://bit.ly/stcg-insta TIKTOK https://bit.ly/stcg-tiktok TWITTER http://bit.ly/stcg-twitter FACEBOOK http://bit.ly/stcg-fbook MORE SAM: MY WEBSITE http://thecookingguy.com MY COOKBOOK https://bit.ly/stcg-cookbook MY RECIPES http://thecookingguy.com/recipes/ FOR BUSINESS INQUIRIES: reach out to info@thecookingguy.com INGREDIENTS: Leftover Tamales Yellow Onion Oil Butter Diced Green Chilies Green Salsa Cotija Cheese Shredded Mozzarella Please SUBSCRIBE and enable notifications to see NEW EPISODES New videos uploaded every MONDAY + WEDNESDAY + FRIDAY We really just have one goal - to make your food life better.