I think Wayne has also a copy of the Canadian version by a priest who was a teacher in this seminary. This is the issue and forces the question how many other similar cases are concealed in this way? By: exSoniinmate on 8/29/11 10 Garden Street. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Founded in 1847, it has 825 pupils aged 11 to 18, and has boarding . (This led to 24 individuals contacted by Skype conversations, and 10 individuals by telephone and email. The thrust of the final part of the programme was that I was trying to keep the story secret. It will take about 5 to 10 minutes. Ratcliffe College is a coeducational Catholic independent boarding and day school in the village of Ratcliffe on the Wreake, Leicestershire, approximately 7 miles from Leicester, England. Yet another cleric with a lifetime of sexual abuse has gone to the grave without ever being held accountable for these crimes. Let me give another example where as far as I am concerned, the programme distorted the truth. We know now what this kind of denial triggers. As the author of the film I stand by all its claims. 1) to meet and inform the Governors of Ratcliffe College. Forgiveness a funny thing. First of all let us take the title of the programme: Abuse, breaking the silence This is a very good title, the word silence, in this context means having the courage to tell their story which had been surpressed in their minds, for some cases for more than 50 years and at last being empowered to speak out about it. By Travis Thornton May 31, 2022. But not as much as we did as boys.. The response on Skype of reconciliation. Wayne thank you for trying! In my 70s now, I still have vivid memories of Grace Dieu. This should dispel any illusions anyone may have of Pope Francis sincerity in dealing effectively with the rape and sexual abuse of children by Roman clergy. Phone: 7045552030 / 9819158138. Sold individually, four are available. Father Myers celebrated that Memorial Mass at St. Etheldredas without informing parishioners of the truth and without correcting the depiction in thee national newspaper obituaries of Father Kit as a priest with an untarnished reputation, a matter of great distress to his victims. So after discussing this issue with the other organizers of the reunion we decided to go on and it went well no incidents and renewed contacts after more than 40 years. Jan, Hello David As a Confidence Coach, I help female introverts to increase their resilience and assert themselves with confidence so that they can enjoy deep meaningful relationships with others.<br><br>Have you been struggling to connect with others, find large groups overwhelming, and struggle to stand up for what you want including engaging in difficult conversations?<br><br>Do you find it challenging to . Ratcliffe College was founded in 1847, and has nearly 1,000 students aged between 11 and 18. . Myers to issue one such item. I would not have been motivated to have done so, if the correct facts & accurate details had been given in a Rosminian press release, as I had originally requested. Right click on the video and choose for: save as ps I think its the other version that was broadcasted by the BBC one zero-tolerance approach to peer-on-peer abuse. Its a short summary but perhaps it gives you a picture of my involvement. They came to find a school building almost identical to the present front faade. He did not. Representatives of the survivors group were invited to a meeting. Some of these conversations are still active). Make an Enquiry. Parent Contract. I assure you this is a topic of discussion within the Group of 22 IMHO, We the men who are featured would like nothing more than for it to be permanently available on social media to the world public! Ratcliffe College is a coeducational Catholic independent boarding and day school near the village of Ratcliffe on the Wreake, Leicestershire, approximately 7 miles from Leicester, England. In abuse is the denial that something has happened. How a Chinese mother's dream of an English education for her son placed him at the mercy of a tyrannical 'discipline master', who was accused of both physical and sexual abuse during his . we never saw them again and we couldnt say goodbuy Fr David Myers, Provincial of the Rosminians has asked us to publish the following response to the programme, showing the extent to which he says the Rosminians have endeavoured to support the former pupils over the past three years (since they revealed what had happened to them) and co-operate with the programme makers. Four Canadians are among those featured in the BBC documentary: Francis Lionnet (Montreal); Wayne Mollison (Calgary); Bill Tierney (resident and former mayor of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue); and John Poppleton (a Canadian now living in San Francisco). I have Olenkas contact info myself and shall be in contact with her soon. They met Fr Bill Jackson at Ely Place and Fr Kit Cunningham at Tite Street. Apologies were offered, without reservation on behalf of my brethren to those who suffered. Wayne will know he has both versions, Hello Wayne, If my written words were so chopped up to give the opposite impression of what I intended, my reluctance to take part in the programme and be videoed and edited seems to me to have been reasonable. It is the grubby situation of Sopers flight to Kosovo. Such a meeting was to give accusers the opportunity to meet the offenders.They met Fr Bill Jackson at Ely Place and Fr Kit Cunningham at Tite Street.27.02.2010 Agreement drawn up. and the chief of this seminary ordered two boys to stand up. Also speaking to B Jackson and D Rayner.20.01.2010 CF letter to Westminster CPO, Mr Peter Turner, containing extracts concerning K Cunningham only.20.01.2020 CF letter to Nottingham CPO concerning Soni accusations: Collins, Rayner, Jackson21.01.2010 Fr Jackson's letters to accusers 26.01.2010 Fr Bernard Collins and his statements typed29.01.2010 Mr. Peter Turner, Westminster Diocese CPO phones Fr Chris Fuse to seek clarification on the review boards used by the Rosminians and reference to the statutory authorities. The commentary said that during the Papal Visit I had changed my mind from being open and pastoral to being negative and hostile. In my teens I was disciplined by the Jesuits. who told me that he was abused so perhaps you have more luck The search for mutually agreed terms.Future meetings with the accused were agreed27.02.2010 Donald McFarland agrees the report of the meeting28.02.2010 Donald McFarland meets Bill Jackson, Kit Cunningham with Alan Danvers.03.03.2010 Mr. Charles Foulds invites any of the abused to visit today's Grace Dieu School03.03.2010 DM instructed by Alex Wilson to communicate only through himself and Piers Brogan.DM replies that he will continue to communicate directly unless individuals ask him not to.06.03.2010 DM writes to all concerning a Project in Africa as a symbol of Rosminian failures.07.03.2010 DM sends 22 pages of information to cover the main communications to date to all (now 43) members from Grace Dieu and Soni. The Rosminians knew for decades; the decision was to permit Cunningham to abuse at will. I shall share what I discover. I send you my reply to Olenka. I confess that this timing rang alarm bells in my mind, and now that I have seen the programme produced by Blakeway and sold to the BBC I think that these alarm bells were justified. As our audience increases - so do our costs. Now loved ones back in his hometown of Chicago and at . So full attention will be given to this on his return. 02.02.2010 Fr Myers informs the Governors at Ratcliffe College. 29.01.2010 Mr. Peter Turner, Westminster Diocese CPO phones Fr Chris Fuse to seek clarification on the review boards used by the Rosminians and reference to the statutory authorities. Thank you for your kind comments regarding it being Good and Honest That is a great compliment as that was our intention to tell the truth, no matter how difficult, even if we re-lived it, I cried, even our filming crew was moved to tears. 18.11.2009 DM informs the Organisers that all their accusations have been forwarded to Nottingham Diocese and he suggests that we prepare a Press Statement. I said that I was prepared to do so as long as it was live, or that I was not edited. Ratcliffe College is a coeducational Catholic independent boarding and day school in the village of Ratcliffe on the Wreake, Leicestershire, approximately 7 miles from Leicester, England Helen Adams Keller (June 27, 1880 - June 1, 1968) was an American author, political activist, and lecturer. 10-11.12.2009 DM speaking to Kit with Fr Chris Fuse about the accusations. 16-18.11.09 Meeting with representatives of the group at Ely Place Patrick Donaldson, Francis Lionnet, Piers Brogan, Donald McFaul. ps They were immediately suspended and send home. Overall Ratcliffe College Risk Assessment for COVID Environment. Cunningham was a social climbing snob who ingratiated himself with whoever he thought was useful in his onward and upward rise. Father David Myers also claims that he had informed the Rosminian Brethren, as well as Bishop John Arnold who advises the Archbishop of Westminster on these matters. May 29, 2014. Events escalated on June 22 last year when Yates, of Mossley , and the woman went to a friend's house. Long file from Patrick Donaldson, of 25 gathered testimonies from Francis Lionnet, organizer of the complainants.09.09.2011 Ring Patrick Donaldson and say that David Myers is emailing all complainants with an apology. 30.09.2010 Meet to get advice from Solicitor Jerry Hawthorne. 00:51. 01-03.10.2010 Fr. Its a mental strain. Visit our website. This suggestion was strongly rejected as they said that they did not want publicity but wanted confidentiality. 3 March, 2023. (291) $32.95. Listed on 2023-03-03. We offer excellent state-of-the-art facilities, first-class teaching and outstanding pastoral care as well as a broad co-curricular activities offer. The others who replied are very hostile to the idea. Schoolgirls are being poisoned in Iran. 07.07.2011 Catholic Herald prints a statement from some of the victims that the Rosminians were not involved in cover-up. Facilitated by Brother Michael Heffernan CFC. A co-educational day and boarding school, teaching children aged 3 to 18 with strong Catholic values and ethos. 20.09.2010 Advice from Jesuits about solicitor, fulfilling promise not to seek legal advice before the group did. 1. By. Olenka Frenkiel 06.11.2009 A search of the Archives of Provincials letters to Fr General 1956 74. Compare pay for popular roles and read about the team's work-life balance. Indeed featured review. No 10 condemns abuse levelled at 'ungrateful' Zaghari-Ratcliffe This article is more than 11 months old Briton held captive in Iran for six years should not face online trolling, says Boris . Including personal letters of apology from B Collins, D Rayner, K Cunningham, B Jackson.10.03.2010 DM and Peter Turner CPO Westminster, visit Fr Kit Cunningham and sign the Covenant of Care.22.03.2010 Meeting in Ireland for information and Inset on Safeguarding. I confirmed that he had, and the reasons why. {this email appeared in the TV programme. Life-threatening once, nearly causing a bike accident. Other common Ratcliffe College email patterns are [first] (ex. Commentaar nummer 88, ps the only thing I found on the internet was this short fragment Cunninghams admitted paedophilia at Soni to members of the press. But it is Father Myers duty as Father Provincial to inform the public of what he knew at first hand, not to outsource this duty to journalists of his choice and then blame them for failure to publish. Because it had a university - as opposed to "collegiate" - faculty, Radcliffe was unique among the Seven Sisters in being able to provide a graduate program with a wide number of opportunities for . For background information with links to earlier reports and comments, see: ICN 22 June 2011 Viewpoint - Breaking the Silence www.indcatholicnews.com/news.php?viewStory=18499, Tags: Fr David Myers, Response to Abuse: Breaking the Silence, Rosminian prep schools, Rosminian Provincial, Tanzania, Statement from Rosminians following TV documentary, Westminster: Communion under both kinds to be permitted again, Pope: We must respond to temptation by recalling the Word of God. The programme makers were clearly aware of my invitation to make a joint press statement. The turning of the tide towards compensation. Make a Record for Radcliffe. Unfortunately we do not hold the Canadian rights to this title as I believe the producer worked directly with CBC for release. I am sorry not to have been of more help. She invited me to take part. Jan. This draft states that he returns his MBE because of sexual accusations from his time at Soni. I havent watched it yet, but think you are right. Having trained for the priesthood at Ushaw College, Durham, he went on to have a successful . 28.02.2010 Donald McFarland meets Bill Jackson, Kit Cunningham with Alan Danvers. This was the transforming experience for him. I could give an endless list of meetings, emails, apologies, notes on telephone conversations or on Skype. Many curious questions arise in relation to Soper; In particular how did he fund himself while on the run for 6 years? contact me at jan.sterenborg at gmail.com This is something they do not confirm. Boarding. This position had not changed when Fr Kit Cunningham died in December 2010. Getting advice from Publicist Dr McDonald. Could you, for example, post them on YouTube? 18.11.2009 Bernard Collins dictates an apology about his physical violence. I see what the problem is: When I asked her when she wanted to show the programme, she replied that she hoped it would be shown during the Papal Visit to the UK. English as an Additional Language Policy. Eleven pages were sent to Patrick Donaldson, Piers Brogan, Donald McFaul and Francis Lionnet for them to study before the meeting. First of all let us take the title of the programme: 'Abuse, breaking the silence' This is a very good title, the word silence, in this context means having the courage to tell their story which had been surpressed in their minds, for some cases for more than 50 years and at last being empowered to speak out about it. Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study. Appreciates our 'Transparency which stands out as a beacon of light. 13.04.2010 Rome Major Superiors Safeguarding Inset Fr Dermot McCaul. But the feedback from them was negative to this suggestion.The programme makers were clearly aware of my invitation to make a joint press statement. A timeline (published below) has been produced of the key events but this timeline does give any sense of the real experience of living day by day the unfolding story. 29.12.09 Asking for addresses for letters to go out to send apologies to those with accusations concerning Soni, 1954-74 Fr B Collins, Fr D Rayner, Fr K. Cunningham, Fr B Jackson. (Meeting in UK at Salisbury 22.06.2010) [details below]. The former deputy headteacher of its abbey school was jailed last month. Cambridge, Mass. The search for mutually agreed terms. On 8th February 2010, writing to all those who had contacted me about abuse, the email concluded, saying that if they wanted to issue a press release, it was their call. Regarding every time B.Collins' name was mentioned. DM replies that he will continue to communicate directly unless individuals ask him not to. Mason Greenwood and his Manchester United future: The state of play. Jan Sterenborg. Although they did not publish this fact in Fr Kit's obituaries.Group reply: only a few suggest DM take part. Sheikh Jassim and Sir Jim Ratcliffe's Ineos have made public bids for Man United Neville called for cost controls to come into play to limit heavy-spenders By Arthur Parashar For Mailonline They will take no further action.201006.01.10 CF sends end 2009 of year report to Catholic Safeguarding Advisory Services.Phone conversation about the correct number in a year group.No comment about offering assistance.06.01.2010 David Myers with Fr B Cuddihy and Fr Chris Fuse speak with Fr D Rayner about accusations 11.01.2010 DM in London to see Fr Kit Cunningham14.to 23.01.2010 DM at Derryswood with B.Collins for his recorded statements. I think this content is for the public domain and belongs to the free cultural room, but who am I? Read the latest magazines about Ratcliffe College - Prospectus Information Booklet and discover magazines on Yumpu.com EN English Deutsch Franais Espaol Portugus Italiano Romn Nederlands Latina Dansk Svenska Norsk Magyar Bahasa Indonesia Trke Suomi Latvian Lithuanian esk Unknown Later in a small reunion with the abused friend and another friend he mentioned the name of his abuser and my emotions became more quiet. I searched the whole internet and nowhere this documentary was found even not on Youtube because of copyright matters commissioned by the BBC. DM agrees to take part as long as he is live or unedited. Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:24 pm Posts: 6 Hi there, I'm new to this forum and I wonder if anyone can help me. 05.02.2010 Fr Cunningham and letters of apology. 03.03.2010 DM instructed by Alex Wilson to communicate only through himself and Piers Brogan. and after that complete silence to meet and inform the Governors of Ratcliffe College. He tripped and planted one of his legs . Exclusion Policy. But the producers of the programme took the word silence, which I used on two occasions, once quoting the Bible, once quoting Blessed Antonio Rosmini, where the word obviously means being still before God in contemplation. Father Myers had known of Father Kit Cunninghams admissions (not just allegations) for over a year but had consistently failed to inform the public or parishioners of this. Use the menu on the left to view additional material related to this topic. Invitation to meet. In any case, no leader had independent sanction to negotiate this critical component of process. Fr. It might be possible to do a joint one together. Alfred Radcliffe- Brown (1881-1955), a social anthropologist, defined the function of any recurrent activity as the. Wayne Mollison. 21.04.2010 DM sends Minutes of Rome meeting to all complainants from GD and Soni. It is not only the English Rosminians who will face close scrutiny in the months to come. The buck stops with the Catholic hierarchy whether it is the Orders superior, its Father General James Flynn in Rome, or the Archbishop based in England. | Ratcliffe College is a thriving co-educational boarding and day school for 850 students aged 3-18, with boarding available from age 11 to 18. Regis College is a Catholic liberal arts and sciences institution founded in 1927 by the Sisters of St. Joseph. This position had not changed when Fr. Drug abuse and multiple stints in rehab: Lisa Marie admitted abusing cocaine, . Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:37 pm . But for the Catholic Church, waiting in silence cannot be a legitimate or sustainable policy. 0 of 51 secondsVolume 0%. Regarding the following specific issues raised by the programme: Fr Bernard Collins. today I received a DVD wtih the documentary: Abused Breaking the Silence from Olenka. 11.01.2011 Meet Fiona Stourton at Ely Place with Fr Brian Cuddihy. My technical membership of IOSH helps me deliver training on various aspects of H&S to staff. The Producers of the programme were not able to read accurately the written material - including my emails and the archive material of Provincials' letters of 1954-1974, that had been given them. These signed letters were posted to each individual.05.11.09 David Myers (DM) and Chris Fuse (CF) meet at Porthcawl for reading the file about B.Collins only.06.11.09 onwards: Letters to Safeguarding Offices of Nottingham (Diocese in which Grace Dieu is located) and Arundel and Brighton (where Derryswood is located) and telephoned both Bishop Kieron Conroy and Bishop Malcolm McMahon and Bishop John Arnold.06.11.2009 A search of the Archives of Provincials' letters to Fr General 1956 - 74. Performance results for Ratcliffe College in 2008 based on statistics supplied by the Department for Children, Schools and Families. After Fr Brian Cuddihy left, DM told Fiona that he had informed every journalist who contacted him that Fr Kit had returned his MBE because of accusations made from his time at Soni. DM said that he would consult the group about their advice.After Fr Brian Cuddihy left, DM told Fiona that he had informed every journalist who contacted him that Fr Kit had returned his MBE because of accusations made from his time at Soni. Ratcliffe College. I presently manage a sizeable budget for health & safety as well as in previous roles. 10.12.2009 DM phones Bishop John Arnold about Fr. Our aim at Ratcliffe is to create a learning community in which . He has also written a timeline, recording all the events of the case. When so then the BBC is using the same approach as in abuse and that is denial that there exist such a documentary. jane@ratcliffecollege.com). Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 10:31 am, Rosminians issue clarification | Fr David Myers,Rosminian brethren,Abused: Breaking the Silence. Don't take your organs to heaven for God knows they are needed here.. Is it for me or is it for them? Myers disclosed details of Fr. When in April 2010 Olenka Frenkie rang me up and told me of the TV programme she was planning to produce, of the events of Soni and Grace Dieu. 02.08.2011 DM publishes Telegraph draft obituary written by David Tristram-Davies about Kit Cunningham. ICN aims to provide speedy and accurate news coverage of all subjects of interest to Catholics and the wider Christian community. In the wake of last Tuesdays television documentary, Fr David Myers leader of the Rosminian brethren in the UK has issued the following additional statement. UNQUOTE. Given that this story appeared to be being hidden due to the reluctance of the Rosminians to publically disclose their dark past, I then contacted the BBC in March 2010 and provided the leads that resulted in the commissioning of the documentary. Link: Appreciates our Transparency which stands out as a beacon of light., 26.04.2010 Prepared statements Jim McDonnell. 13.01.2011 DM to Fiona that he will be saying Requiem Mass for Kit Cunningham in London20.01.2011 DM letter to all, followed their advice not to appear in the programme. "Few men," said Robert . Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots and learn more about Ratcliffe College. When obituaries were being written about Fr Cunningham I responded truthfully to those journalists who contacted me who had heard the story that he had returned his MBE. Kit Cunningham died in December 2010. His five questions about editorship were all answered in the negative. I cannot trace a group request of the nature described in my archives, nor do I recall the group having discouraged Fr. The Vatican Bank ignored all requests from the British police for information as to Sopers whereabouts. Gender Pay Gap - April 2022. The college, situated in 100 acres of parkland on the Fosse Way about six miles north of Leicester, was founded on the instructions of Blessed Father Antonio Rosmini-Serbati in 1845 as a seminary. The film shows that on January 12th 2011, the Order, under the leadership of Father Myers, held a Memorial Mass for a priest he knew had privately admitted, in writing, not just his own sexual abuse of boys but also his failure to stop other priests abuse of boys. My brother was abused at Grace Dieu in the 50s. (www.ipd-community.nl IPD stands for Individual Psychological Diagnosis) Hopeorium. and i will try to upload the documentary to you This abused boy was already abused before he came to Ravensbos in his home town by a priest who became later a bishop. Herewith evidence of the opening remark per a letter dated 08 FEB 10 from Fr Myers QUOTE I am about to prepare a press-release for the Order. Now I wanted to see this documentary again to discuss it with old seminary friends but nowhere (i searched the internet) this documentary was to be found even not on Youtube because of copyrights: all films where blocked by the BBC.