To honor the aged. ", "O Glorious St. Benedict, sublime model of all virtues, pure vessel of God's grace! The Medal of St. Benedict is a very effective way to ward off evil spirits and witchcraft. This rule recommends that when seeking guidance in prayer, we turn to God through one of the seven sacraments: baptism, confession, Eucharist , penance, holy orders and matrimony. According to the Order of St. Benedict, "The medal is a prayer . Grant me also the gift of faith which will help me to trust in your mercy and turn away from all self-pity or fear when times are hard; then when we are reunited in eternity there will be no more pain or sorrow but only joy unspeakable as we dwell together forevermore with our Creator and Redeemer who lives and reigns with us. He was educated in Rome, but quickly became frustrated with the lack of discipline from the other students. May 18, 2014 - Saint Benedict Patron of Those Suffering With Kidney Disease. The book also includes other rituals such as blessings for things like food or items that need cleaning/repairing blessings for when someone dies and blessings during times of sickness or sorrows such as during Lent or Advent season when fasting from meat products is encouraged by Catholic tradition). Amen. Dear Father in Heaven, Thank You for blessing me with Your comfort and grace. On the front, the great Abbot and founder of Western Monasticism is depicted at the center. St. Benedict is especially invoked by students as well as travelers both physical and spiritual because he himself was a student before becoming a monk, and his monastery at Monte Cassino was built on top of an old Roman road that connected Rome with Naples. Help me, O great St. Benedict, to live and die as a faithful child of God, to be ever submissive to His holy will, and to attain the eternal happiness of heaven. Take out time to visit our catalog for more information on similar topics. be automatically applied order subtotals of 1.7M views, 3.4K likes, 1.1K loves, 1.2K comments, 769 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from St. Benedict Prayer Wall: Read this unfailing prayer for St. Benedict's intercession and witness the power of. To thee I have recourse in all the dangers which daily surround me. "O holy Father, St. Benedict, blessed by God both in grace and in name, who, while standing in prayer, with hands raised to heaven, didst most happily yield thy angelic spirit into the hands of thy Creator, and hast promised zealously to defend against all the snares of the enemy in the last struggle of . Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us. The Saint Benedict Medal is a powerful sacramental that can be used to protect you and your loved ones from harm. St. Benedict had the ability to read consciences, prophesy and stop attacks of the devil. God the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us. Best master of an austere life, Pray for us. Not to give way to anger. St. Benedict died March 21, 543, as he stood before the altar of Monte Cassino immediately after receiving Holy Communion. Watch. You are a pure vessel of Gods grace and a supreme example of virtue. Revealer of the secrets of the human heart, Pray for us. It has helped people to pray their rosary and know more about Christianity. They worked hard to evangelize Europe and England. Amen. Your heart was always so full of love, compassion and mercy towards those who were afflicted or in trouble of any kind. The following two prayers to St. Benedict are highly recommended. May thy blessing be with me always, so that I may shun whatever God forbids and avoid the occasions of sin. Every time we fervently pray at home the prayer to St. Benedict or the prayer to St. Michael the Archangel for spiritual protection, we are doing exactly that, promoting the use of prayers of deliverance. To read only what is good to read. You know the many physical dangers that surround us today often caused or occasioned by human inventions. Salutations to Mary. Help us to be open to your guidance in all things; to follow your example of goodness, patience and humility; I humbly fall to my knees at your feet, glorious Saint Benedict, imploring you in your loving kindness to pray for me before Gods throne for protection. Discover St. Benedicts Medal Prayer, and other prayers to St. Benedict for protection against evil. Here are just a few reasons why: St. Benedict is the patron saint of many things, including: Benedict was born in Italy around 480 AD. Prayer to St. Benedict Joseph Labre. Shield me against my selfishness and my indifference to God and to my neighbor. He is an intercessor for Gods people, a defender of the Church, and a protector against evil. To hate no one. You have never dismissed without comfort and assistance anyone who has come to you. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Online Christian Articles and Information Hub. 1) You start each day by saying this prayer three times before you go to bed at night: St. I lay aside all care and concern for my household, my clothing, and all my needs; May thy holy angels be at our side and protect us from all evils of this world and the next. God Prayer. We pray for their strong will and determination to fight such a dangerous disease. Remove the dangers from my life, especially those that try to instil fear in my heart. It can also be used for extraordinary favors by praying the novena or triduum, making each day the Way of the Cross, or reciting 5 Our Fathers and Hail Mary's in honor of the Five Wounds of Our Lord, and saying some prayers in honor of St. Benedict. 2023 Trinity Road, LLC. The St Benedict prayer against witchcraft is said while holding two or four candles on either side of your body as you make a cross over your chest with your hands. To speak the truth with heart and tongue. Box 325 in Louisville, CO 80027, E-mail: shelly@stbenedicthealthandhealing.org, Goals and MissionPartnersImpactProgramsNews, Providing free medical services for those in need in Boulder County. Te invitamos a leer nuestra, Todos tus datos estn seguros. Benedicts example of prayer and sanctity soon attracted others to join him. Most Popular Psalms Master of those who die to the world, Pray for us. Protect us, dear St. Benedict, from drug and alcohol abuse, from vices harmful to our health, from impurity and immorality, from obscene thoughts, from bad company and negative attitudes. To thee I have recourse in all the dangers which daily surround me. Here are a few Prayers & Novenas to the Blessed Virgin Mary, mother of the whole universe. The tradition of blessing food or our children, among others, is also considered a sacramental. Dear Father St. Benedict, I thank God for having filled you with his grace to love him above all else and to establish a monastic rule that has helped so many of his children to live full and holy lives. According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, sacramentals are instituted by the Church: "Holy Mother Church furthermore instituted the sacramentals. It has helped people to pray their rosary and know more about Christianity. The Saint Benedict Prayer Book also reclaims little-known prayers (Little Offices, Commemorations, and Litanies) from long ago. Amen. You alone know how much suffering I must endure before my soul will be released from its earthly prison; therefore, mercifully grant me patience in this time of trial so that I may be strengthened by your grace and not fall prey to despair or temptation. May they guide us in our prayers and keep us safe from harm. He himself led a battle against evil influences, and he was proclaimed the patron saint of exorcisms. When handkerchiefs or aprons that had merely touched his skin were placed on sick people, they were healed of their diseases, and evil spirits were expelled . To keep death before my eyes daily. To you I have recourse in the dangers that daily surround me. Not to be proud. Your email address will not be published. Dear St. Benedict, you are a "blessing" indeed, as your name indicates. Not to be jealous or envious of anyone. April 24, 2020 Admin 10 Comments. Thy heart was always so full of love, compassion, and mercy towards those who were afflicted or troubled in any way. Father most reverend, Pray for us. Shield me against my selfishness and my indifference to God and to my neighbor. May thy blessings be with me always, so that I may shun whatever God forbids and avoid the occasions of sin. How to Pray for HealingWhen it comes to prayer for healing, the Benedictine Rule of St. Benedict is a great place to start. Fortunately we can rebuke all the evil and plead with St. Benedict of Nursia to intercede for us. Prayer Quotes. Graciously obtain for me from God those favors and graces which I need so much in the trials, miseries, and afflictions of life. I sense that my loved ones and I are in danger, and I implore Saint Benedict to make a strong plea on my behalf so that nothing bad will happen to us. God the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us. Therefore, I invoke your powerful intercession, with hope and trust that you will hear my prayers and obtain for me the special grace and favor I so earnestly implore (ask for the favor to be received), if it is for the greater glory of God and the good of my soul. Help me to have more faith and trust in the Word of God, for it is capable of freeing us from all evil and danger. Holy Father, Saint Benedict, Pray for us. St. Benedict is the founder of the Benedictines, and the author of the Rule. Plead with the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of Sorrows, whom you loved so tenderly and in union . The prayer card is printed on high quality paper and laminated with a protective sleeve for long-lasting durability. Confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. This charm is made from high quality materials and will last many years if properly cared for by its owner. To relieve the poor. Prayer for a Sick Person Near Death Prayer To Saint Benedict For Healing. Say 1: Our Father Say 1: Hail MarySay 1: Glory Be Day 3 - St. Benedict Novena. O holy Father, St. Benedict, blessed by God both in grace and in name, who, while standing in prayer, with hands raised to heaven, didst most happily yield thy angelic spirit into the hands of thy Creator, and hast promised zealously to defend against all the snares of the enemy in the last struggle of death, those who shall daily remind thee of thy glorious departure and heavenly joys protect me, I beseech thee, O glorious Father, this day and every day, by thy holy blessings, that I may never be separated from our dear Lord, from the society of thyself, and of all the blessed. Not to curse those who curse me, but rather to bless them. I ask this through the power of the Spirit of Jesus, our Lord. Gen 12:2) and to bless. >>Read more about the highly indulgenced St. Benedict Medal. You may want to keep a journal or notebook beside your bed so that you can write down these things as soon as they happen so they dont get lost in your memory over time. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. As you pray this prayer, remember how Jesus faced his own crossroads and how he made the ultimate sacrifice for all of us. . Please give them the courage and strength necessary to defeat this obstacle in life. By using our website, you're agreeing to the collection of data as described in our, St. Joseph (San Jose) & Year of St. Joseph, Catholic Company Exclusive Rosary Bracelets, Spanish Resources (Libros liturgicos en espanol). Great wonder-worker in every affliction of mind and body, I humbly implore your powerful intercession with Jesus through Mary, the Health of the Sick, in my present need. St. Benedict is an extremely powerful intercessor for us in Heaven. May our ears hear . Beginning in the 13th century she heals in particular patients suffering from nephropathies, pregnant women having a difficult childbirth, barren women and sickly children. The Medal is recognized by the Church as a powerful symbol of protection and liberation against curses and evil influences. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Practicing what you preached, you founded the monastic tradition of the West by joining prayer to labor for God & -both liturgical and private prayer. Light of contemplation, Pray for us. It is not only a great way to heal yourself, but also others as well. Gathered from the Benedictine tradition, the prayers included in this book grew up around the celebration of the Divine Officeembellishing it, illuminating it, and echoing it for generations of the faithful. In the name of Jesus, by His precious blood, we ask this. If you refuse cookies we will remove all set cookies in our domain. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features NFL Sunday Ticket Press Copyright . To promise that God will make . This is why its important to use positive affirmations rather than negative ones when using this prayer.