Teach me to seek all things through your prayers, for your intercession is most powerful and Jesus can refuse you nothing. Mary, Mother of God, make my interior life of union with Jesus more like your own. After Almighty God and the Sacred Humanity of Jesus, there is no being so great as you. They then left a small offering of silver required by the Law of Moses. Teach me to admire your virtues that I maybe constantly reminded to imitate them and become like you. You have become all things to all men; you have opened your Heart to all that all may receive of your generosity: the imprisoned, freedom, the sick, health, the afflicted, consolation; the sinner, pardon; and God, glory. You formed His feet, to search after and seek us as a Good Shepherd, His hands to heal us and to be pierced for us; and His shoulders to carry the cross. And the Holy Spirit, who descended upon you in the Incarnation with all His fullness, must have conferred upon you such treasures of sanctity as would prepare you to receive the Son of God in your most pure womb. Inflame me with that heavenly love with which you loved your dear Son, Jesus Christ . Immaculate Mother, you are the hope of a sinful race. An event every year that begins at 12:00 am on day 15 of September, repeating indefinitely Mary, Mother of God, your charity is strikingly shown forth in the Visitation. 2. Tuesday, December 12, 2023 - 12:00am. Mother Mary - Our Lady of Compassion - Feast Day All Events. You were dressed in your finest clothes and surrounded by your friends as you joined the procession by the light of lamps and the sound of music. You hid your miraculous virginity under the mantle of humility. Your name is the name of the one I love. Having deigned to come down to you, He wished to raise you up to Himself in order that you might enter into glory. The angels saw a soul which had never been touched by original sin. You stood there silently fulfilling a part assigned you by Providence. Your Son will deny you nothing. Seasons and Feast Days Prayer Requests The Expectation Of The Blessed Virgin Mary, Feast, December 18 (Triduum, December 15-17 or until Christmas). As the seed of the serpent includes all those descendants of the first man and woman who by their sinful lives bear within them the traits of the devil, so, too, the seed of the Woman includes all who in the course of ages will take their stand with your Son, Jesus Christ, in His ceaseless conflict with the enemy of God. 1. With your heart breaking with sorrow, you had to die a spiritual death in order to become my spiritual Mother. 3. Mary, Mother of God, you are the hope of sinners, you are my hope! Even in the Son of God I sometimes fear the Divine Majesty because although He became Man, He did not cease to be God. He wished to adapt Himself to our nature by giving us life and aid through the heart of a mother, having placed in your heart some of His own love for mankind to make you the spiritual Mother of the redeemed. On Feb. 11, 2020, I was ordained a bishop and installed as the fifth bishop of the Diocese of Gary. Mary, My Mother, you showed your humility by striving to conceal from others the gifts you received from God. You bore unspeakable sufferings and offered the life of Him who was dearer to you than your own life. Mary, Mother of God, you are also the Mother of men. But Jesus was constantly sanctifying you, His loving Mother, transforming you ever more and more into Himself by wondrous graces of knowledge of the mystery of the Incarnation, and by graces of love which united you to Him. Enlighten the beginning of my efforts, direct my progress, bring my completed work to perfection. Tell me how to embrace whatever is best that I may attain the great purpose of my lifeheaven and the possession of Godand how to reject whatever is opposed to it or likely to make this attainment difficult. But that my devotion may be pleasing to you, help me to maintain my soul and body in the spotlessness of your purity, help me to try as best I can to walk in your footsteps, humbly seeking to be like you. We will list that feast and give as much information as is available about that feastday. With joy you must have foreseen the millions of souls who by your presence in their lives would cast off the bonds of sin. Mary, My Mother, help me to realize that the closer my union with you, the more intimate is my union with your Son. By offering your Divine Son on Calvary you brought me forth to a life of grace and thus became my spiritual Mother. Help me to bear in mind that the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God, and that the secrets of divine wisdom are imparted only to the humble of heart, while they are hidden from the worldly-wise. Your eyes ever watch over us; your ears ever listen to our cries; your hands are ever extended over us to help us and impart heavenly gifts to us; above all, your Heart is full of tenderest care for us. 1. Mary, Mother of God, your name means Lady and Queen. Mercy proceeds from you as from an abundant, never-failing source. Your womb was so pure, so immaculate that it became the Holy of Holies, in which Jesus Christ our Lord, the Eternal High Priest, alone found entrance. The Consecration took place on Calvary where you shared in the offering of the bloody sacrifice of the New Testament. May it be given me to understand your own love for me, and your dignity and beauty, that I may love you with a love more like the love that God Himself has for you. He can and does suspend the laws of nature for those who have faith in His goodness and entreat Him in fervent prayer. It died that we might never die, that It might nourish us unto eternal life. Mary, Mother of God, you are Mother of Grace, because you are begotten of you to the life of grace, and are indebted to you after Jesus, for our supernatural life. I should learn from your conduct never to oppose the divine will, even though conformity to it may mean a severe test of my faith. are merged in the supreme suffering at the Passion. In the temple, you returned to Him His gift by consecrating your Child to His honor and glory. Mary, My Mother, in your womb, the sanctuary of the living God, Jesus was occupied with the sanctification and government of the world. We obtain everything for our peace of soul in time and eternity from the Father through the Heart of Jesus and everything from Jesus through your Heart. (1) You prepared in your virginal womb a fit temple for the union of the Son of Godthe Divine Wordwith our human nature. Today I am filled with joy at the thought that we are united with those first clients of yours, and in union with them we greet you, saying: O beauty of Carmel, glory of Libanus, purest of lilies, mystical rose in the flowering garden of the Church. I cannot advance in the path of sanctity without humility, which is the heart and soul of virtue. He was with you not only by a special protection guiding you in His ways and leading you securely to salvation. Mary, Mother of God, the results of your visit to Elizabeth were wonderful. I consecrate to you my very being and my whole life: all that I have, all that I love, all that I am. How wondrous you are in your humility. Mary, Mother of God, teach me to be truly humble. Give me the same virtues in my state of lifea will inflamed with the desire that God's Will be done and a mind steeped in the knowledge of what that Will is. Your faith taught you that the predictions of both were inspired by the Holy Spirit. Intense love for the Infinite God withdrew your soul from this earthly life, and caused you death. You suffered with Jesus and experienced in your soul what He underwent in His body. Dear St. Joseph, all the saints and angels, and especially you, my guardian angel and my chosen patron, watch over me. It is from you alone that Christ took His human nature. Those words include us all. Since you had your place beside Jesus when there was question of ransoming us and meriting for us all the graces necessary for our salvation, you must in like manner have your place beside Him now, when there is question of securing for us by your prayers in heaven the graces prepared for us in view of the merits of Christ. Furthermore, Jesus made the revelation of His divinity and the strengthening of the faith of His disciples the effect of your intercession. From the cross Jesus gave you to me to be my Mother, and I was entrusted to your care as your child. 2. For He was everything to you, and all else was nothing without Him. You consented to be the Mother of the Redeemer at the Annunciation, and thus you were willing to share in the sufferings of the Redeemer. How many afflicted hearts are consoled in you! Mary, Mother of God, as Mediatrix of All Graces you have entered into the highest state of power and glory in heaven in order that you may help us on our difficult journey to the heavenly City of God. Your Heart was also a pure Heart, pure as the light, purer than the snow, free from the stain of original sin, from the least taint of actual sin, from the least evil tendency of our fallen naturea heart full of light and beauty reflecting to the full the radiance of the Sacred Heart of your Divine Son. It is truly the will of God that all graces should come to us through you. 1. No apostolic act bears fruit without grace. This is your role of universal Dispenser of all graces. Mary, My Mother, I could go directly to God and ask Him for His grace without your help and that of the Saints, but God has not willed it so. 1. Though you prophesied that all generations would call you blessed, you attributed all holiness to God. Give me your good counsel, so that following it humbly I may ever please God, find true happiness on this earth and eternal life in the world to come. Never before did angel greet man with the word "Hail, full of grace." Your Heart, Blessed Mother, is always conformable to Our Lord's will. He saw sin and its terrible effects in God's kingdom and in souls; He saw the sufferings of His Church and His own and your sufferings. How earnestly you wish God's grace for us! Our Lady of Perpetual Help Feast day: June 27 Patroness of the Republic of Haiti and Almoradi, Spain Our Lady of Perpetual Help, also known as Our Lady of Perpetual Succour and Our Mother of Perpetual Help is the title given to a 15th-century icon that originated in the Keras Kardiotissas Monastery and has been in Rome since 1499. Faith tells me that the fall of man was the effect of the malice and envy of the devil, who sought in this way to be revenged upon the Creator for having cast him out of paradise in punishment for his rebellion. The sacrifice of the cross began at Bethlehem. You embrace the universe in the realm of your love and enrich it through your unfailing intercession. And when Jesus instituted this Holy Sacrament, He surely thought especially of you. "And, therefore, the Holy One to be born shall be called the Son of God." The Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows grew in popularity in the 12th century, although under various titles. Augustine.). Altogether 24 popes have officially honored Our Lady of Guadalupe. For from the moment when Jesus told you to see Him, in John, you saw Jesus in all Christians. You are this woman, and you are a virgin. 2. Shed upon me more and more the living light of that faith which made you blessed. During this long period of concealment in your womb, you perfected His bodily faculties for our benefit. God has made you Queen and Protectress of the Church. God reserves to Himself the dispensing of justice to all creatures. You were chosen as Mother predestined before all creatures, filled with all grace, all virtue, all holiness so that the Son, infinitely pure, who in Heaven has an immortal and eternal Father, on earth has a Mother exempt from all sin. 1. You are all-merciful that you may obtain for me pardon and mercy. I come to you with confidence, knowing that through you all glory, honor and holiness given to the human race from the first Adam to the last ages has been granted, is being granted and will be granted to apostles, prophets, martyrs and all the just. Alone of all the children of Adam, you were gifted with the fullness of sanctifying grace which made you the object of a very special love on the part of God. You are the Queen of your Son's kingdom. Make me Eucharist-minded to the extent that my very life may be the Eucharistin union with you, Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament. I trust that through you I shall obtain the help I need to keep the commandments, avoid sin, receive the Sacraments frequently, pray much and save my soul. Mary, Mother of God, the joyful mysteries of your Holy Rosary remind me of the mysteries in which the Word was made flesh and you, the inviolate Virgin and Mother, performed your maternal duties with holy joy. R. (1b) Blessed are they who follow the law of the Lord! Mary, My Mother, your divine maternity is such a sublime privilege that no creature, not even you yourself, can understand it fully. You spoke in behalf of our human nature and by your consent you sealed forever the union between our human nature and the Son of God. To become the Mother of God meant for you a knowledge of and a share in the Passion of Christ that would plunge you into the depths of a sea of lonely desolation. I long for your complete dominion over meover my body, my soul, my senses, over all that I am and have. I promise to devote myself wholeheartedly to the spreading of devotion to your Immaculate Heart so that the Kingdom of the Sacred Heart may come and He may reign with you in my heart and in the hearts of all men. Let not my sinfulness and human weakness stand in the way of my receiving the graces I need for the sanctification and salvation of my soul. Hence with Holy Church I repeat, "You are all fair, Mary, and the stain of original sin is not in you. You thought only of praising Him as your greatest Benefactor when you exclaimed, "My soul praises the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my SaviorFor He who is mighty has done great things for me." Monday, September 15, 2014. How often do we see you restoring health to the sick who have recourse to you with childlike confidence? You are a Mediatrix in union with Christ from whom your mediation draws all its power. You treasured up all the words spoken by the holy angels concerning your divine Son, as well as those pronounced by the prophetess Anna and by holy Simeon when you presented your Son in the temple, and you prudently pondered them in your heart. You visited the house of Zachary to serve your cousin Elizabeth for three months. 2. Mary, Mother of God, your apparition at Guadalupe teaches me that devotion to you is a source of great graces. It means imitating your humility, your purity, your detachment from the world, and your unselfish resignation to the will of God in every event of life. From you was derived the Precious Blood which was shed upon the cross for our salvation and the adorable Body which, after having been made the price of our Redemption, has become the food of our souls in the Holy Eucharist. Jesus rewarded your confidence and resignation by working His first miracle at your request. Let this be my consolation to know that I am doing God's Will. You could also hold your own celebration of Our Lady by inviting friends and family to your home for a traditional Mexican meal. Mary, Mother of God, in honoring you as Our Lady of Guadalupe, we honor you as the Immaculate Conception. You invite none to come to you but the lowly of spirit. What a sight met your tear-dimmed eyes when you beheld the body of your Son, bruised and mangled and covered with open bloody wounds. After the triumph of your Divine Son on the day of His Ascension, there never was, and there never will be, a triumph like that which you enjoyed on this day. Your apostolate is universal because you are the spiritual Mother of all men and the universal Co-Redemptrix. He alone has paid the full price of our ransom, and to this price no one else has contributed. I desire that all that is in me and around me may belong to you and may share in the benefits of your motherly blessing. Yet these three have become for us a principle of life. God looks for gratitude and humility which draw down upon us His favor and His gifts. Hasten the reign of Christ by ruling over all of us, your children. It was the great vital act that completed the work of God in the world. For days before the feast, people crowd around the basilica for blessings of the religious images they have brought, and . Your apostolic workto snatch souls from Satan and from sin to make them live the supernatural lifeis the very reason for your motherhood. The victim had to belong to the person who offered it. It was an answer which had scarcely fallen from your lips, before It drew the only-begotten Son of God from the bosom of His Eternal Father, to become Man in your most pure womb! Mary, My Mother, in all infirmities of body and soul, you are a sure refuge and relief. Before you were crowned Queen of Heaven you became the Mother of Sorrows. Jesus proclaimed your motherhood from the cross by entrusting you to John and John to you when He said, "Woman behold thy sonSon, behold thy Mother.". Through love you consecrated yourself with all your powers to God as the highest form of beauty and goodness. Let me find consolation and strength in your favorite devotionthe rosary. Having carried within you Jesus Christ, the Son of God, you share, as no one else does, in your divine Son's holiness and purity. Its martyrdom began with holy Simeon's prophecy in the temple and was completed on Calvary. Mary, Mother of God, God spoke of you as the Woman who would crush the serpent's head. Through you we have received Jesus Christ, the Universal Source of Grace, so through your intercession, we still continue to receive the various actual graces suited to our state of life. Mary, Mother of God, when I consider your compassion for mankind and your influence with God, I am urged to give my whole-hearted and unlimited confidence to you, Help of Christians. The effects of the presence of Jesus and you are still the same. Your power and motherly care not only embrace spiritual miseries but also extend to the ills of the body. Mary, My Mother, your whole life was like a Mass. May the Rosary also be a means of obtaining all the graces I need for the sanctification and salvation of my soul. You are the morning star,the morning star that announces the arrival of the sun of justice. He was endowed by God with all a father's tenderness and love for Him who was confided to him as his Child. Help me, above all, so that by my good example I may enrich and ennoble every human being whose life I touch. 3. Mary, Mother of God, the offering of Jesus was presented by your virginal hands. There is no sinner so spoiled and so mired in vice that you would deny him aid. Mary, Mother of God, I choose you as my model of Eucharistic devotion. Here on earth kings and rulers lay at your feet their crowns, their very selves. The Church venerates many holy virgins, martyrs and other saints, but no one of them has merited or obtained your title of Holy Virgin, Virgin most pure. Humility is not belittling myself, but taking the place which rightly belongs to me, not a higher place, nor a lower, but the true and just place where God wants me. Feast, January 23 (Triduum, January 20-22). Help me to love Jesus with all my heart and to show my love for Him by loving you whom He has loved so dearly. He was with you not only by His essence, His presence, and His power, as He is with all His creatures. Bestow on me gifts from the riches of that fullness. Your soul is the creation and the masterpiece of almighty workmanship. How fortunate I will be, if at death I am bound with the sweet chains of love to you! God sent Gabriel, one of His glorious archangels, to deliver the most important message in the history of mankind, announcing the coming of the Savior of the world and the selection of you to be His Mother. I want to be devoted to you by giving myself entirely to you and through you to God. Mary, My Mother, you are Queen also because your are Co-Redemptrix. You are certainly the refuge of sinners, but you wish what your Son wishes. You became the Mother of God without ceasing to be a virgin, and your happy fruitfulness only consecrated and increased your purity. Only thus could you become one with Your God in the salvation of souls. I believe the teaching of the Church concerning the union of the human and divine natures in Christ: that Jesus Christ is God and man, perfect God and perfect man and that this divinity and humanity are united in only one person so that the actions of the divine nature or the human nature are the actions of one person, the divine Person. I can easily picture Saint John, the Apostle of love, saying Mass each day in his own home and daily giving you the consecrated bread and wine of the Eucharist. In union with Him you also did the will of God perfectly as He exclaimed "Father, into Thy hands I commend My spirit.". The three Divine Persons declared you Queen of heaven and earth and assigned to you a place at the right hand of Jesus. Mary, My Mother, God raised you so high in Himself that He never has created and never will create a holier person more worthy of Himself, of His greatness, of His love, than you, O Virgin most pure. I believe with the Church that from the great treasury of graces that Jesus has merited for us, nothing comes to us, by the will of God. Your Heart is a shrine adorned with all the skill of the Divine Creator, Who has lavished upon it the riches of His treasure-housesanctifying grace, greater in worth than all the riches of the world. This truth was confirmed on Calvary, when at the very moment our redemption was to be completed by the death of Jesus, He said to you: "Behold thy son," then to St. John, who took our place beneath the cross: "Behold thy mother." Through the sacraments, prayer and good deeds, I can make my own the merit of the atonement of Jesus. Who could tell the great joy which filled their hearts when they held you in their arms? In the spirit of loving confidence we have recourse to you. Mary, Mother of God, your name means "full of light" and "light-giving." About Our Lady of Sorrows This is one of many Marian feast days which occurs throughout the liturgical year. It marks seven particularly sorrowful events in Mary's life, focussing on her experience of them - whereas on the actual days, the focus is on Jesus experience. This is the very heart of your apostolate. May my faith influence my conduct. You possessed a perfect faith, a firm hope, a burning charity, a deep humility, a purity greater than that of the angels. Mary, Mother of God, you are the mother of the Judge: you are also the Mother of the sinners. With your own eyes you saw Him brought first to Pilate, then to Herod and then again to Pilate. Mary, Mother of God, in your own lifetime you showed that you are truly our Mother of Perpetual Help. Make me a fervent apostle of the Eucharist. But with these joys were also mingled bitter sorrows. I consecrate myself entirely to your Immaculate Heart. You stand alone on a throne of greatness and perfection far above the rest of creatures. Realizing that your consent had been made a necessary condition for the accomplishment of the great mystery of the Incarnation, you made the supreme act of obedience and faith when you said, "Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done to me according to thy word." The prayers of the saints avail only in a limited way. Mary, Mother of God, you are the Mediatrix of All Graces. Liturgical feast Our Lady of Compassion. But though your soul was filled with grief, you bravely stood beneath the cross. The Creator, in His goodness, became the Son of His own creature. Never did a mother love her son as you loved Jesus; and so never did a mother share in her son's agony so deeply as you shared the Passion. Therefore, with childlike confidence I appeal to your motherly Heart for help. You yourself are full of grace, and from the Holy Spirit, your Divine Spouse, you have received in overflowing measure His boundless love for all mankind. 2. Previous; Play Quiz; Lent Day 6 - The Wedding at Cana. This intimacy with God was the soul of your soulyour very life. In every struggle l am sure to find in you both help and consolation because you are the Mediatrix between sinners and your Divine Son. Give me a deep sorrow for my sins which have hurt God so very much. That date was not chosen by accident, but because it is the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. Feast, September 12 (Triduum, September 9-11). 1. 3. Had the angel said you were the most wicked sinner in the world, your wonder would not have been so great, as it was at the sound of his praises. Mary, My Mother, your first presentation to God, made by the hands of your parents, was an offering most acceptable in His sight. All-powerful though He is, God could not bestow upon a creature a degree of honor higher than that conferred on you as the Mother of His Son. Mary, Mother of God, already in your childhood you dedicated yourself to the love and service of God. By His almighty power He would form the body of the Savior of the world, and the Divine Son would unite it to Himself forever. He has reconciled us to God. 55. . You heard the mob, led by the chief priests clamoring for His crucifixion. You were charged with dispensing the supernatural life to men because this was fitting. However, my sick soul is entitled to more vigilant care, for Jesus reminded me, "What does it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, but suffer the loss of his own soul" (Matt. Eternity is real; Heaven is eternal happiness, the final reward for loyalty to God. Mary, My Mother, the beloved disciple, St. John, tells us that "a great sign appeared in heaven: "a Woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars" (Apoc. The Divine Son gave you a mother's heart, in which, as in a sanctuary, He wished to dwell. The God of holiness, having come upon the earth to take away the sins of the world, chose to appear among us as a sinner. Mater Dolorosa. Jesus invites me to do so, for He said, "Take my yoke upon youMy yoke is easy and My burden light" (Matt. When you learned from the angel that your cousin Elizabeth was with child and needed your help, you set out to care for her. Mary, My Mother, as Dispenser of all graces, you make the world share in the infinite merits of the redemption. He also willed that (2) everywhere the offering of Himself should be presented to the Father through your hands. These chains are chains of salvation for me, and they will make me enjoy in death that blessed peace which will be-the beginning of my eternal peace and rest. And grant that after having suffered with you and your loving Son in this life, I may be glorified with You both in His Kingdom beyond the stars. 2. Your union with Joseph was ordained in the designs of God for the education of Jesus. But your holiness is so great, that the power of your intercession is greater than that of all the other saints. Blessed Mother, teach me humility. You shared more in this wisdom than did any other creature, because you approached nearer to the Source from which it cameJesus, the Eternal Wisdom. You add a degree of motherly sweetness to the joy of the angels and saints and to the blessed of the Church triumphant. Mary, My Mother, though your body was separated from your soul in death, your soul was reunited in your incorrupt body, and you were taken up into heaven by angels. How often I do not know where to turn. Mary, Mother of God, I believe that the most sublime of your privileges is your divine maternity. Your protection never ceases, your intercession brings hope and life. If unfortunately I should lose this life by sin, you can bring me back to supernatural life. Thanks to you, the grace and the sanctifying gifts of the Holy Spirit are scattered abroad over the Church and its members. Only give me the grace to abandon myself completely to your motherly guidance. I regard that dominion as a shining star lighting and guiding my life. At the marriage feast of Cana you asked your Son to perform a miracle for the distressed bride and groom. It is true that we could go directly to God and ask Him for His grace without your help, but God has not willed it so. except through you. You also conceived His members who have been born again and are called to incorporation with Him. How God has loved you by making you His Mother! Jesus gave me your own dear self, His dearest possession, whom He loved so much that He, in a sense, exhausted His power to exalt you above all other creatures. You could not accompany the Apostles while they fulfilled the duties of their ministry, but in silence and solitude, by the power of your prayers and the fervor of your charity, you were the master-missionary of them all.