Its powerful, reliable, easy on oil and incredibly well balanced. Which I suppose is fair, but not for $100, I could have guessed there was a leak somewhere under there too. Prices may vary depending on your location. AC Compressor Fits Lexus GX470 Toyota 4Runner Sequoia 2001-2007 V8 4.7L CO312 . C $50.7. All the details are shared in this feature article: 3rd Gen vs 4th Gen Toyota 4Runners: How Do They Compare? There are many Hello. You can edit the name of your vehicle by clicking the pencil icon on the right. Pasted as rich text. So I went to my local O'Reilly auto parts store, ordered a new intake manifold gasket for $35.26 after tax, a new throttle body gasket for $3.52 after tax, and then to the hardware store for a new breather tube and o-rings, for $3.24 after tax, had some new coolant in the garage and also cleaned off the CRAZY amount of build-up on my throttle body, for a grand total of $142.02! The graph showed that as hp and tq climbed, the line that represented the headers went up much quicker. If theres any chance that your issue is caused by something else, you wont want to waste your time and money on fixing your manifolds. This may be a great time to inspect, clean and replace the PCV valve if necessary. VIP Security System, GBS Microphone - Service, Rear Spoiler, CHMSL Cover with Double Sided Tape. Which I did exactly so. This is a 5.7L repair but may also add some additional guidance. If the car has an upper plenum, that is removed and set aside. Theyll be replacing the parts that failed on your vehicle with the exact same ones. All fit 2003-2009 Lexus GX470 and more. Classifieds - Engine/Transmission/Transfer Case, BJ42 | FJ43 | BJ44 | FJ45 | FJ45LV | HJ47, North American Clubhouses - Central Region, CA.AB- Rocky Mountain Land Cruiser Association, CO/WY- Horsetooth 4 Wheelers Cruiser Club, TX- Lone Star Land Cruisers - Austin Chapter, TX- The White Trash of the Elwood Chapter, CA.BC- Okanagan-Similkameen Land Cruisers, NV- Battle Born Cruisers of Northern Nevada, Vendors: Accessories - Electronics - Recovery, Common Problem coolant leak TOYOTA sequoia,land cruiser & tundra 2008-2020 !!! 2005-2009 Lexus GX470 and 2006-2007 Lexus LX470 SUVs have a rare (but not albeit unheard of) problem with their secondary air injection system that illuminates the check engine light. I list the others in my 4runner buyers guide. This kit has the necessary components required to protect and prevent engine wear through advanced technological formulation.This oil service kit has been specifically designed to suit Lexus vehicles fitted with 1G-FE and 2JZ-GE I6 engines. The Lexus GX460 and the 4.6 liter 1UR-FE engine can, as it ages, develop a coolant leak from the valley of the engine. Tank. Hang the throttle body and set the bracket aside. Remove the throttle body lower bracket and the throttle body. You dont want to gamble with having to do this twice. One important step I failed to mentioned is in preparing to put the valley plate back on with the new sealant. If the leak is the water inlet assembly on front of engine then you don't need to remove the intake manifold. Thanks to Jason Burtman and Doug Thorley, theyve got that covered now too (as well as a new style of long tube headers theyve just released). Typically, the cracks will appear where the edge of the tube is welded to the flange. Did you weld on new cats, reuse your old cats, or go straight piped? Was at appt before scheduled time. Lexus GX470 Exhaust Manifold Tools and Access Points YotaMD 3.41K subscribers Subscribe 55 7.9K views 2 years ago Passenger side exhaust manifold install/removal access points. Has anyone else had this problem? At some point, you will wind up with cracked exhaust manifolds on your V8 4runner, Land Cruiser, Tundra, Sequoia or Lexus GX470. Lexus GX 470. Enjoy up to $100 complimentary shipping on All Orders. Kyle was awesome! Zeus01 Genuine Lexus Part - 17120F0020 (17120-F0020, 1712025020) The other 3 options will fail again eventually. Doug Thorley includes new gaskets, but youll have to re-use your old hardware. Once the engine cover is removed the next thing to do is to disconnect the VQ35 mass air flow sensor. 2. For that reason, your vehicle could potentially fail a safety inspection if youre buying or selling it. And then, I'd be without a car for a while which would be pretty inconvenient, because I don't have a lot of money for another car, so whatever other old car I could get would have it's own set of problems that I'd have to deal with anyway. I don't want to remove the wrong things, because I'm already annoyed with this project as it is. I have the onsite repair guy coming in a couple hourshopefully. Doing a mountain highway road trip without rear suspension isnot fun. #FixingLeak#TOYOTA#Landcruiser#Sequoia#Tundra, '12 GX 460 Premium (URJ150L-GKTZKA) - Fire Agate Pearl / black interior / 79k miles /. He went above and beyond and got my Black Beauty up and running in time for my birthday weekend as well as gave me a quote for an oil change and rear break pad replacement on the spot! All the details are shared in this feature article: The most common sign of a cracked exhaust manifold is a loud ticking sound coming from the engine bay. I just feel stuck. sounds like a dumb question, but I really don't know. The 4.7s manifolds are a tubular design made of thin steel. MSRP and price exclude taxes, installation, shipping, and dealer charges. Reaching all of the nuts to remove the old manifold and install the headers can be a real pain. Select Vehicle by VIN; Fast and easy service at your home or office, Backed by 12-month, 12.000-mile guarantee. 2023 Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. Cracked exhaust manifolds are just one of the potential issues you need to look for when buying a 4th generation Toyota 4runner. The 2UZ is a legendary engine. PLEASE VERIFY ANY INFORMATION IN QUESTION WITH A SALES REPRESENTATIVE. I hope you find this video somewhat informative on how to perform such a procedure. . Made with in Silicon Valley. Thats not where the horsepower and torque gains are though. VALVE ASSEMBLY, INTAKE AIR CONTROL, NO. You may have an even easier solution. Upfront and transparent pricing. It snowed over night for the first time this year, and my car is parked in the driveway so this will be even more fun that I had anticipated :cries: To curiousBI don't think the leak is from the manifold itself either, if that's what you meant? Disconnect the wiring from the coils by using a small screwdriver and pushing the clip back and then gently squeezing the clip and sliding the connections off (red arrow). You have 4 options if you decide to fix your cracked exhaust manifolds. Even though many driving laws are the same from one state to another, Like Like many other states (https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/how-to-buy-a-personalized-license-plate-in-alabama-by-brady-klopfer), Florida offers a variety of different personalized license plates with different designs, rather than just the standard Florida plate with personalized numbers and characters. It took an extra day for the throttle body gasket to get to the store, so the mechanic had to come back the next day, but I am so excited! He was on time, kind, courteous, knowledgeable & understanding & most of allHONEST and is now on the list for my family's One & Only Mechanic! You may notice a sulfur smell with a manifold thats cracked this badly. Auto Parts & Accessories / Car & Truck Parts / Set of 8 UF230 Blue Ignition Coil For 98-10 Lexus SC430 4.3L GX470 4.7L Toyota. Powered by Invision Community, Lexus LS400 / LS430 / LS460 / LS500h / LS600h Club, Coolant Leak Under Intake Manifold! The diameter of the intake valves is a 34.5 mm, the exhaust valves have a 29.0 mm diameter (The sizes of diameters are identical to the later version of the 1UZ-FE with VVT-i). I PLAN TO FINISH WRITING THIS UP IN THE NEXT DAY OR TWO, BUT WITHOUT THE ABILITY TO MAKE A DRAFT POST, I DIDN'T WANT TO LOOSE ANY WORK IN PROGRESS SO AM POSTING IT IN PARTS AS I GO. Very knowledgeable. I had initially wanted to bring it into a Lexus dealership, but the nearest one is almost 300 miles away. Great guy to buy from. Once you add in the 4-10 hours of labor per side, your repair bill will be astronomical. PLEASE VERIFY ANY INFORMATION IN QUESTION WITH A SALES REPRESENTATIVE. The noise is from the secondary air pump, which sends hot air to the catalytic converter when the engine is cold. finespunflesh This can be expensive if you pay someone to do it, and destroy both your knuckles and patience if you choose to do it yourself. WHILE EVERY REASONABLE EFFORT IS MADE TO ENSURE THE ACCURACY OF THIS DATA, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS CONTAINED ON THESE PAGES. This concerned me enough to bring the headers to a friend thats a master mechanic as well as a drag racer for his opinion. Call 877-247-1717 for details. owners like you. The value alone makes this option a winner. Theyre a fraction of the price of replacing the originals. As you work through reassembling everything, just take your time and make sure each step is complete before moving on. This ticking sound will speed up and slow down with the revs of the engine. The noise from a cracked manifold is sure to cause heads to turn in your direction as people wonder to themselves: Whats wrong with that guys car?. I Answered in 4 hours by: Lexus Mechanic: Chris Brooker Ask Your Own Lexus Question Contact dealer for limited warranty, inventory level, and return policy details. Some car engine designs are more likely than others to experience leaking intake manifold gaskets due to material and design issues. Couple more notes to add concerning issues after wrapping up the repair. If you have a leaking intake manifold gasket, and the engine has overheated, the entire engine should be inspected for damage, such as a blown head gasket. I just did this repair on my Sequoia. REMOVE THROTTLE BODY See: Powertrain Management/Fuel Delivery and Air Induction/Throttle Body/Service and Repair/Removal13. Lexus Parts & Accessories Online. Used OEM Lexus GX 470 Parts - TLS Auto Recycling Purchase Used Lexus GX 470 Parts with upto 60% savings. Kirk came thru like no other. These wont. Aftermarket headers are the best choice by far, for many reasons. But it only drips underneath, in the center of my car towards about where the dash meets the glass. Or will it run through the lines either way? Lexus GX 470 Engine Crankshaft Seal (Rear) Part Number: 9031189014 Alternate Part Number (s): 90311-89014 $45.58 9031189014 This part fits: 2016 - 2022 If done incorrectly, you risk warping the flange and creating new leaks. If the leak involves coolant, it could lead to engine overheating damage or the coolant could contaminate the engine oil, which can damage the engine bearings. They are fairly inexpensive and after you do all of this work, you probably do not want to be back in there in the not so distant future. Disconnect the electrical connector from the ignition coils. Foam ear cup replacement. Plastic manifolds are checked for cracks, heat damage, and warpage. good to hear, and timely given changing weather in ND this time of year. OBD trouble code P1445. Read on to find out why I believe upgrading to Doug Thorley headers is the best way to fix them. What a pain lol. LOL, Take a look at this thread -> http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44338&st=0. The Fargo Corwin Toyota dealership quoted $850 + tax to replace the water inlet pipe and o-ring under my intake manifold. Ugh. Lexus GX470 Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement and SAIS filter swap procedure Maximum DIY Garage 671 subscribers Subscribe 8.4K views 2 years ago This video is about Secondary Air Injection. Many times a re-designed gasket, or altered installation technique and torque values, will be relevant to avoid a recurrence of any leaks. Toyota isnt the only one to blame for your exhaust manifolds cracking. Want to read more about my Toyota 4runner? You cannot test them my adding coolant at this step either, it'll leak out many other areas that are currently disconnected. Use only items softer than aluminum to clean these areas and be careful when placing the valley plate on a work bench. Lexus GX470 V8-4.7L - Oil Change - Norwalk, California. The headers come ceramic coated and ready to bolt up. So, once the coolant transfer tube is lubed up and inserted into the block carefully, making sure there's no kinks, rolls, etc of the o-ring, you're ready to prepare the valley plate with a 3-4 MM bead of FIPG. Headers for non-vvti 4runners (2003/2004 model years), Headers for vvti 4runners (2005-2009 model years). Quick delivery Thermal Intake Manifold Gasket Fits Honda Prelude 91-01 H22 by Torque Solution Best Deals Online Browse From huge selection Here gsmsharmaji.com, US $79.18 Applications:Honda Prelude 1991-2001 H22 Images of item are shown above may be actual or for product reference only Great for all motor and . This is not a permanent solution. Show example Lexus GX470 Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement prices there is also coolant pooled in a pan underneath the intake manifold, which is why I wanted to take it off in the first place. Now's is a good time to swap out the old PCV valve if you bought one. Theyre handmade in America and wont crack like the original manifolds. Free Same Day Store Pickup. Catalytic Converter with Integrated Exhaust Manifold. Youll also need to be able to lift one side of the motor. Parking, engine starting and key removal position R: Reverse position N: Neutral position D: Normal driving . PLEASE VERIFY ANY INFORMATION IN QUESTION WITH A SALES REPRESENTATIVE. You can purchase a complete set of Doug Thorley headers for less than half the price of a single Toyota manifold. Don't even mind that my knuckles and wrists are pretty much all skinned up haha. The reason the sound goes away when the engine is warm is because metal tends to expand with heat. Other automakers took a similar approach to this, and surprise surprise, they suffer from the same problem! :/. All just a stupid little ring. Certified mechanic. Don't over torque and squish the sealant out. I have inspected and cleaned mine with throttle body cleaner, but the footage was lost, my apologies. However, in most Lexus GX470 Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement, Lexus GX470 Car AC Condenser Fan Replacement, Lexus GX470 Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) Valve Replacement, Lexus GX470 Clunking noise when I drive over bumps Inspection, Lexus GX470 CV Axle / Shaft Assembly Replacement, Lexus GX470 Car Mirror Control Switch Replacement, How to Buy a Personalized License Plate in Florida, The Best Tool to Scan for Extra Diagnostic Capabilities. Internal or external leaks. The increase is not at peak hp and tq though, which tends to confuse a lot of people. You can undergo a laser tattoo removal if you regret having a tattoo, unhappy with the appearance of your tattoo, the tattoo causes infection, or you have an allergic reaction to the tattoo. Hey, Im Tim! Wireless Headphones, Ear Cup. Enjoy up to $100 complimentary shipping on All Orders. The valley plate mounting bolts are torqued to 15 ft lbs. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Youll need to be able to cut and weld whether you choose to keep the stock cats or not. It's all just reverse order, so read the thread backwards if you're concerning about forgetting a step or can remember if there was another connector that needed put back. Your 4.7 will not make 300hp just by adding these headers. When this happens, the GX470 goes into safe mode and takes more time to . Working on a cold engine, the engine cover is removed. As the throttle body opens, the engine intake stroke sucks in air through the intake manifold. You can read about it on this thread as it is part of a timing belt replacement job.Not really too big a job and sounds well within your DIY capabilities. MSRP and price exclude taxes, installation, shipping, and dealer charges. FOR 06-11 HYUNDAI ACCENT KIA RIO CATALYTIC CONVERTER EXHAUST MANIFOLD 08 09 10, Intake Exhaust Valves Fit Ford Mazda Mercury 2.0L 2.3L 2.5L DOHC 16V. I had the original cats welded onto a set of shorties. This is probably the most common fix. Quality control issues aside, Im glad I had these installed. Started February 16, 2022, By Catalytic Converter with Integrated Exhaust Manifold (Left). I've replaced the seals in the power steering pump, removed the alternator to clean it from that leaky power steering pump, put in a new fuel pump and fuel filter, and I've changed transmission pan gasketsI thought I could handle this but I'm at that point where I just want to punch my car in the face. If Quick Heating or Cooling Is Desired. Remove the links attached to the throttle by removing the screws with the screwdriver. MSRP and price exclude taxes, installation, shipping, and dealer charges. You see, they all do it eventually. Make sure everything is reconnected, all plugs are plugged in, all bolts are present and tight and all hose clamps are on fully. EXHAUST MANIFOLD TO HEAD. Maybe a dye like below and a UV light would help as well. Best decision EVER!!! 12. Lexus Parts & Accessories Online, Search "Engine Intake Manifold" for GX 470. Started September 12, 2022, By Lift the front edge of the PCV housing up and slide it towards radiator to completely remove. I just took a trip from Vancouver Island to the BC Interior and had the flange above the rear diff rust out and subsequently melt the air hose for the rear air bags. It will get louder when more load is on the engine, and in many cases itll go away once it warms up. BTW, if you do get the manifold removed, you might want to consider putting new solenoid contacts into your starter. I took it to a Toyota dealer yesterday and they quoted a "possible water inlet tube leak" and they would replace the tube and the o-ring for $850+. While While you likely know the rules of the road in your home state very well, that doesnt mean you know them in all of the states. The silver ceramic coating on these headers looks great. Sedan Sport Utility Coupe Convertible Extended Cab Pickup, Cruiser SC400 SC430 LX470 GS430 Upper Set To 10/31/04, unopened, 4.0L 4.3L 4.7L Base Limited SR5 Sport Intake Manifold Gasket.Manufacturer Part Number:AMS8591.Part Name:Intake Manifold Gasket.Superseded Part Number:2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 . The accelerator cable assembly and cruise control cable are removed and set aside. This can cause pooling of coolant in the engine valley, often running down the back of the engine between the flex plate and transmission, or down the transmission itself. Clear editor. Your mechanic can inform you if your car represents one of these cases. When you have the MAF disconnected you can begin disassembling the intake system and intake piping. THIS IS BRAND NEW: DNJ Intake Manifold Gasket Set FITS: 05-09 Lexus, Toyota / GX470, 4Runner, Sequoia, Tundra, LX470, Land Cruiser 4.7L V8 DOHC Naturally Aspirated 2UZ-FE FITMENT NOTES: Intake DNJ Engine Components is a full line provider of Domestic & Japanese engine parts for cars and trucks. Dealer sets actual price. SKU . Enjoy up to $100 complimentary shipping on All Orders. I'm impressed.go for it ! Center of the intake manifold, passenger side, unclip the EGR valve assembly and remove three (3) 12MM bolts holding the main assembly on, then follow the metal lines towards the front of the engine and remove four (4) 10MM nuts where the EGR lines run into the intake and under the intake manifold. All Parts come with 1 year warranty. On average, the cost for a Lexus GX470 Intake Manifold Gaskets Replacement is $318 with $109 for parts and $209 for labor. Once all connections to the manifold are clear, the manifold is unbolted and removed from the engine. The engine feels much more alive and pulls a lot harder. They didn't even write the $850 estimate on my bill, and they put the diagnosis in "possible quotes." Is250 c. 2006 Lexus GX470. Remove the upper intake manifold for the right bank ignition coils. Typically diagnosing a random problem like this where the warning lights come on and off can confuse a lot of mechanics who firmly believe that a component or part must be damaged to cause a light. Really anxious to just get this out of the way, so I can know what the real damage is under the intake manifold. PLEASE VERIFY ANY INFORMATION IN QUESTION WITH A SALES REPRESENTATIVE. Ships from Lexus Parts Direct, London ON Allthough, unlike many on the site I have problems getting the cap off the toothpaste. A cracked exhaust manifold shouldnt cause your vehicle to fail an emissions test. Replace the ignition coils. The plastic timing belt cover is held on by 6 bolts. Return Home Select New Vehicle Select a Lexus GX 470 Year Search By VIN 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2 Parts fit your selection. All of these claims should increase even further with the addition of a performance exhaust system and aftermarket intake. My income goes to rent and a phone bill and groceries. This video only describes my experience and is not meant to be instructional. Diagnosing the cause of the leak is tricky because it . Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices.