My prayers are with his family and all who knew and loved him. This browser does not support getting your location. My heart goes out to your family. He played a funny and amuseing character.Iloved him so much,he was my favorite charcter,and to just know that he died.thats sooooooooooooo sad,I hope hes in a better place and let god take care of his soul. I just wish that u were able 2 spend it wit ur lil gurlz!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)~much luv~=). to stop and say I love you, Hakeem is goneand his demise..so traumatic. The 31-year-old father of two was killed when the vehicle he was driving went off the San Diego freeway Tuesday night, his manager told "Entertainment Tonight. Neither shall there be anymore pain for the former things are gone forever. Revelation 21:4. wow, i was just surfing the net, and i google the show moesha, and i notice that lamont bently, hakeem from moesha, died back in 2005! He then began to accrue an extensive list of 1love, What a good Man,Im going to miss you so much.God rest his soul alwaysa big fan, Lamont Bentley is a outstanding actor. _taboola.push({ He will be missed!!! It has been over a year and I didnt know that he had passed away. and you are probably making God and the other angels laugh just as you made us. LUV YAZ, His talent was crazy. its hard to let him go.we greatly miss u and continue praying for you daily. Whenever an rerun of Moesha comes on my television. WebHe hosted eight weeks of THE UPN Movie Trailer, providing commentaries on movies such as Marathon Man and Devlin, proving once again his talents beyond acting. I really feel bad that i didnt do this earlier. God only knows why things happen, the way they happen, we can only accept the thigs we cannot change. Seeing you everyday on the show alive and so high-spirited puts a sadness in heart because i know that you are nothing like that anymore youre in a box in the ground somewhere But maybe youre in a better place and ure happy.ill never forget you .How can i ? he will always be in my memory. Everyday we live our lives but this is to everyone who reads my posting. A memorial service for Bentley was held at Forest Lawn Memorial Home in Hollywood Hills, on January 24, 2005. You were one strong black brother and you will be missed. RIP. Cynt, I ONLY JUST FOUND OUT LAST WEEK ABOUT YOUR DEATH, AND IT REALLY SADDENED ME.bUT THEN I WAS GLAD THAT THERE WASNT Any drugs or ANYTHING INVOLVED. Well i never met him or anything, but i still feel horrible about the incident. Unfortunately, he passed away at the very young age of 31. March 4 (UPI) -- Celebrity chef and interviewer Rachael Ray has announced she is wrapping her eponymous weekday daytime program after 17 seasons. I was jus watching moesha and i wanted so badly to cry because i saw lamont may he rest in peace. WebDefinition of Beets, North Holland in the Definitions.net dictionary. i loved how u made people laugh and u always kept people smiling and thats a good sign so i hope u have a good sleep cause ur in GODs hands now. rest in peace!! I know you are in a better place. finest thing in a boy group back in the cut. Lamont Bentley was an American actor and rapper. I just knew it was someone else, but in the back of my mind i knew. Lamont Bentley played the role of Hakeem Campbell in the famous classic sitcom, "Moesha." my condolences to his family and friends and fans. He also appeared in the movie "Tales from the Hood" and television series "NYPD Blue" and "Clueless.". He was my favorite and I will miss him a lot! This account has been disabled. LOL! RIP Lamont(crazy k), R.I.P Lamont Bentley. Information and translations of Beets, North Holland in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web. love always x L x, HEY my name is CASSY Im from Raymondville TX .You will be missed by all including me what you did on the show Moesha.It really inspired alot of people not to give up and to follow there dreams. For memorials with more than one photo, additional photos will appear here or on the photos tab. My prayer go out to his family, friend,and his 2 kids.I hope they know he is in a better place and nothing will neva hurt him.He will be watching over his family his 2 pretty kids.Love ya Lamont! Rest in peace Hakeem. RIP LAMONT, May you shine from Heaven as you did on Earth. REST IN PEACE ! MAY YOU REST IN PERFECT PEACE. He will truly be missed. God bless and keep your family also may they find strenght and comfort in the lord our god. Thanks for being there for your boy any time I needed you. P.S Just today I said to my self, maybe it was just a misunderstanding but I found out that what I thought I was imagining was true. Autopsy reports showed that Bentley had been clean while driving. Oops, we were unable to send the email. He took his acting to a whole new level. To Lamonts family stay strong and know you will meet him in glory someday. REST IN PEACE LOMONT BENTLEY Rest in peace WE MISS YOU AND WE LOVE YOU! God needed another Angel R.I.P LOVE FROM THE GIVENS FAMILY. BABIE!!!!! Denisha Jones Reply tae March 4, 2005 at 9:08 pm i couldnt do nothing but become sad. I loved you sooo much i cryed for u! I JUST CANT BELEIVE THAT UR GONE!! May Lamont Rest In Peace, and his Co star. brandy..norwood. Im so sorry for your loss. Sadly, Bentley had two little daughters who have now had to grow up without the guidance of their Dad. Please visit our current obituaries. He was buried at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Hollywood Hills. 5 denim trends an expert recommends trying. R.I.P Lamont Bentley. Lamont we will also remember you in our prayers. we love you. I think you had alot of talent, insight, and a vision to never give up on your dream to get your main role in a film. Here it is almost four years later and I just found out that he died. Keep a smile, for he is in a better place. ur #one fan. Further details of the accident were not immediately available. with pass away.Im only 12.Rest in peace my brother rest in peace, I was looking in a magazine and was reading about all the great african american people we have lost this 2005 year. rest in peace! | Photo: Getty Images. I am SOOOO sad that he is not with us any more. For surely theres always tomorrow !you are truelt missed. Hes watching over us to see who is going to go down the same good road as he did. Lamont was a great actor and person he will truely be missed. If you dont get to know Him. R.I.P. His smile could light up any darkness around. May god bless you and keep you! But, may God bless the souls of his family, friends, and fans. I don't engage in any high school games. R.I.P. Hey May you RIP Lamont I heard about the accident and the outcome, I just am totally devastated. Bentley was pronounced dead at 12:23 a.m. An autopsy concluded that he died of multiple blunt force injuries. P.S. Rest in Peace. Shirley Hamphill was 52 not 50 when she died. I had no Idead he passed away but when I finally found out. Thank you for blessing the world with another life that will hopefully follow a legacy that you have created. For this is one of the toughest things theyll ever had to do, but if God brings you too it,he will see you through it. As I wrote this I cry, but hes in a better place. Ijustlsot a dearperson from my family and i know how his family andfriends feel. So sad !! It seems like yesterday when i was 14 watch the hit show Moesha and having a big crush on Hakeem! Lamont Bentleys income source is mostly from being a successful Actor. 4:32. i just found out in november that lamount died. Merlin santana what a tragedy mg I ddnt know. May God bless Lamonts babiesGirls your daddy was loved by millions and will be missed. IT IS A SADD THING TO LOOSE ANOTHER BROTHER. Were do u start. Lamonts energy is unpairralell me and lamont kicked it shortlyt while he was here in the mil-town but when ever i would talk to him he would say come to cali and we will kick-it i laugh now to just marvel on how he never forgot where he came from and still had an open invite for me and my cuzins to kick-it with him in cali despite his new socail status thats real lamont you will be missed but never forgotton. Artimus Lamont Gardison Bentley (October 25, 1973 January 19, 2005), better known professionally as Lamont Bentley, was an American actor and rapper best known for his role as Hakeem Campbell on the UPN sitcom Moesha and the spin-off The Parkers. May God be with Lamounts family during this time of sorrow. i talk too you ever chance i get, which is everyday. I know he is in a better place and I still watch the Show on the N Channel!!! But my condolences goes out to his family.I am in a state of shock because we are losing so many great people and so many are taking life for granted. and knowing we all care about you. I basically watch Moesha just 2 c u. Youll always have a special place in my heart. Welcome to Bentley Funeral Home Since 1993 the Bentley family has had the privilege to serve the tri-county area. He will be missed and may he rest in peace. I will miss you brother your heart will always be here. I loved lamont bentley like he was my brother, even though i did not know him i use to watch the moesha show and the parkers just to see him he use to make everybody laugh expecially me. Much love,your #1 fan i felt so close to him just by watching his roles in many shows and movies. = Remove advertising from a memorial by sponsoring it for just $5. I just recently found out about Lamont Bentleys death. i used 2 love yu He was such an awesome actor with a beautiful soul that will be deeply missed. Up until now I believed he was alive. It seems so long ago that it happened, but so many people still remember him and are leaving caring comments. = LOS ANGELES - Lamont Bentley, who was a regular in the 1990s sitcom "Moesha" and appeared frequently in television and movies, was killed in a car crash, his manager said Wednesday. Search above to list available cemeteries. RIP and god bless Lamont Bentley. I hate this happend to him. No one knows the day nor the hour, just be ready. Just know that one of your fans cares, Everyone will write when someone first leaves but its been a year and a half and noone has written..Lamont, you are missed and i miss you so much i just wish you were on earth so i can tell you how much you inspired me to do things. There are no volunteers for this cemetery. we miss you. He is from American. One of your biggest fans!!! It was tragic how he went and I couldnt possibly inagine the pain that he endured. AND THIS A LONG COMMENT BUT I CANT STOP TALKING ABOUT YOU AND THE THOUGHT OF KNOWING THAT YOUR GONE HUIRTS ME BAD, AND KNOWING THAT YOUR NO LONGER WITH US HURTS ME WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY MORE!!!!! He was a promising figure, and his demise came as a rather brutal shock to his fans and fellow actors. May he rest in peace. He touched me when I heard that he died of a car crash. we all love, care, and miss you. R.I.P LAMONT B. It makes you think about what is important. R.I.P. I thought why do the good always die young. May god bless you and may his soul rest in peace. I still enjoy every single re-run of it, cuz Im Moesha fanatic. ONE LOVE(I MISS YOU). it is truly sad to hear about another african american dead he will truly be missed rest in peace brother. Rest in peace, i loved lamonts part on moesha, i thought it was very cute how he liked moesha but she was engaged to quinton he was always cute i hope his family can be strong, not just for them but for lamont, he would want u 2 be alright so he wouldnt have 2 worry about u because he would already know that u are okay. It brought me to tears he was just one of the cutest, most charismatic actors you just dont and will not forget easily RIP my brother we will not forget you! MUCH LUVE FROM AISHA AND BEST FRIEND RUYAMUROX.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X. May God continue to bless you all. Hell be deeply missed. Bentley first worked in commercials, hawking Starburst candies in television ads and encouraging teen fathers to take responsibility for their offspring in a public service announcement. sitcom Moesha. much love 2 the family Ill be praying, I dont really know much about Lamonts backround, I just know him from moesha, but I do know that he was a great guy, you know those people you can tell that they are just good hearted great people, he was one of those guys. Bless you Bentley family and i will pray for you. HE WILL TRUELY BE MISSED. Tell them how much you love them R.I.P. Rest in peace, brother man. I pray that GOD will keep you strong and in good FAITH during this tragic time.God Bless, Lamonts biggest fan, LaNaya H. to my brother. In recent years, he and his partner Tyson formed the unsigned hip-hop duo, Uprise. My brother. I watched Shard which co-starred Lamont. may he rest in peace! You will be missed! This is a time to lean towards one another and remember all the joy that he brought to many lives around the world. I LOVE YOU!!!!! (LOL) may god hold u in the palm of his hand. Wow 4 years later and Im just remembering he was killed. Sorry to hear the sad news. his brother is also an actor, and i pray for comfort and understanding to his family and friends. He was so funny. my brother died at about the same age in the same way losing control of his car so i know what a horrible shock it is to his family. Please be safe in heaven. shell: { My sincere condolence/sympathy goes out to your family, friends and fans all over the world. The Joy of tomorrow will triumph, I know youre resting in peace. to his little girls when you think about him just raise ypur head to God and pray your father is listening to you. i am so sad that this happened may he rest in peace. Mr. Bentley is resting in peace, and Im sure that what he wants for his family to be in peace about his death, so the next time you feel you miss him and this is to the family,fans and friends thank about how much joy he brought to your life through the screen, and through real life. And this is coming from a real person when I say this AmoMama creates engaging, meaningful content for women. So I would tune in for advice. When I saw the show all of the characters and the actors became favorites of mine. God bless the family and loved ones of Lamont Bentley. Each of them died before their 51st birthday and allegedly within ten years. No matter if you know them, May God Bless!! May God continue to bless you all. God Bless you all. Weve updated the security on the site. MAY YOU NOW REST IN PEACE LAMONT BENTLEY! when i seen you!and had 2 read up on you.! R.I.P xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. may god bless you.XXX I really enjoyed watching Hakeem on Moesha. Heres to a great entertainer and an even better man. We cherish the work you left behind. JANUARY 21,05 he is with the alpha and omega, the king of all kings and it makes me feel betta. God rest your precious soul, thanks for all the laughs. LOS ANGELES - Lamont Bentley, who was a regular in the 1990s sitcom "Moesha" and appeared frequently in television and movies, was killed in a car crash, his manager said Wednesday. i still miss u to this day. homosexuality was still underground. I didnt know he had died Im so pissed right now Im cryin so hard he got hit by 5 cars thats horrible cause I loved watching him Play Hakeem on Moesha. he will always be here! PEACE TO HIS FAMILY CAST MEMBERS AND FRIENSD, FAN ALSO I FEEL SO BAD FOR THE CASIT OF MOESHA BECAUSE THEY HAD SPENT SO MANY HAPPY TIMES AND SAD TIMES wEITH HIM AND THEY know IS WORK WAS LIKE ON SET AND THEY WENT TO EVENTS WITH HIM IM SURE THEY MISS HIM R.I.P. !WITH LOVE BRE! Its been nearly a year since the death of this young brother and I just recently learned of it. you are my sunshine, that i will never let go. And Lamont I will truly miss you and I love You .R.I.P. that was so sad i realy liked his role in moesha he is the reason why i wachted moesha.my uncle died the samw day as him i cried anyway i will miss him. I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU FOREVER!! Save to an Ancestry Tree, a virtual cemetery, your clipboard for pasting or Print. I could not believe the words that i were hearing, they just seemed too untrue! R.I.P Lamonteven though I didnt know you I still love you. WebLamont Bentley Original Name Artimus Birth 25 Oct 1973 Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, USA Death 19 Jan 2005 (aged 31) Ventura County, California, USA Burial Forest Lawn Memorial Park Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA Show Map Plot Courts of Remembrance section, Map #E36 (Unit 4 - Elev 36), Single Wall Crypt 1772 i hate the fact that a really good person was taken away!!!!!!!!!!!!! bro.iluv you .also when evere i wach the show i still think hes alivetoday. More Images Forest Lawn Memorial I liked the movie so much, I went on Wikipedia and saw that he died. You have now entered a realm where other stars have gone. Thank you for visiting. Haarlem is a bit closer to Amsterdam than Utrecht. LAMONT WAS SUCH A GOOD ACTOR, SOMETIMES HE MAKES YOU FORGET HE IS DEAD. Artimus Lamont Bentley (October 25, 1973 January 19, 2005), better known professionally as Lamont Bentley, was an American actor and rapper best known for his role as Hakeem Campbell on the UPN sitcom Moesha and the spin-off The Parkers. WebHe hosted eight weeks of THE UPN Movie Trailer, providing commentaries on movies such as Marathon Man and Devlin, proving once again his talents beyond acting. God Bless your Soul my Brotha. just wanna say RIP lamont Loovveee Youuu. He is in a better place and no harm shall come toward him. Most of them I already knew but I'm just in shock about Dino though. youll be missed all over the world. Hey babez.i kno youll never see this. now you can spread your wings and fly. R.I.P NORTHEND FAMILY FROM DETROIT MI Black Butterfly, sail across the blue waters, tell your sons and your daughters, what the struggle brings. (sig: Denise Williams). im dearly miss u hakeem i had a crush on u in moesha when i herd that news on bet i cryed love u and miss u. it was a relief however to hear there were no drugs and alcohol in his system, i wondered if he suffered a seizure or something.but anyway we must keep his family and children in my prayers. Meaning of Beets, North Holland. Bentley was hit by up to five cars before authorities reached him, said Craig Stevens, a senior deputy medical examiner for Ventura County. March 4 (UPI) -- The animated blockbuster, "Puss in Boots: The Last Wish," is set to make its streaming premiere on Peacock on March 10. Going close to 1 1/2 years since we talked exactly 5 days before your journey into enternal life. did he fall asleep at the wheel? The news has lain heavy on my heart, and today I will continue to keep his family, both on screen and off screen, in prayer. Like everybody else says, all the good and young ones die .. sad RIP.. may your family and friends keep your memory alive. LAMONT BENTLEY!YOU WILL BE MISSED AND NEVER FORGOTTEN! I am sitting here watching Sucker Free City, and I still cant believe that he is gone. R.I.P. And from watching him on TV I was really only getting to know a character. HEY KIEMMI MATE, SLEEP TIGHT AND I KNOW WELL SURELY SEE YOU ONE DAY. He was a real good actor and very cute! }).render().setUser('blogofdeath').start(); Your email address will not be published. Or some one youve never met, You will be missed Lamont. Well, I was sad to hear of Mr.Artimus Lamont Bentley passing. I didnt find out that Lamont had passed until a couple of hours ago I had just read in a magazine when I read that my heart dropped beacuse just the other night i was watching moesha. Love, booda He was just 31 years old. WebThe experienced funeral directors at Bentley and Sons Funeral Home will guide you through the aspects of the funeral service with compassion, dignity and respect. When you loose someone you know, Your heart live on. I SEND MY PRAYERS TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS, i cant believe that he died in a car crash i really enjoyed watchin him on Moesha he would always make me laugh. When you watched him on moesha you could not help but to smile because so delightful , just as he was. Dont question it. My deepest condolences go out to all of his loved ones. With the unusually high number of deaths recorded amongst the cast members of the show, many have come up with conspiracies to explain the untimely deaths. Well all I have to say is rest in peace my brother and say hello to my lil brother and my grandmother while you are up there. He was also a very genuine giving person, and I will hold him in my heart from now until its my time to go baby. cemeteries found within kilometers of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. my thoughts are with them. i miss ya sweet thing! Use Escape keyboard button or the Close button to close the carousel. So i am very sorry. Another brother has gone home to see the Lord. That he was kind and sensitive to those around him. My heart is sadden as if I knew him. Hes truly gonna be missed. RIP, Im so sorry about this tragic accident! Its true, the good die young. Either if loose someone you know, H e will me missed greatly . He was one of my favorite actors. Oh my God, I cant believe that Lamont is gone. respect. God had a better place, by his side, for you Brotha Bently. i luv you always. MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO HIS FAMILY. He was 31. GOD BLESS TO YOUR FAMLIY , SEE YOU IN HEAVEN, I use to luv him on moesha.I coudnt belive that he died.I am going to miss him a lot. Im sure he will be missed by all who knew him R.I.P and may God Bless his family. Anyway ! I admire your drive, motivation, dedication, and high self esteem. i miss you w/ all my heart! You will always be in my heart and will love you always. | Photo: Getty Images. didnt know him personally. me and Hakeem have the same problems. but my time iz soon 2 come!!! How to Honor a Life Planning a funeral for a loved one is one of lifes rituals that almost all of Its sad when you hear about great people leaving us all of a sudden and so soon. You know what, I dont really care that he died, because god woulnd let someone die for any reson, He died because god needed him. He was just 31 years old. [4] He sustained multiple blunt force injuries and was pronounced dead at 12:23a.m. Bentley was survived by his two daughters and his mother Loyce Bentley .[4]. Entertainment and heard the news, I was shockedherewith my tribute to you Lamont aka Hakeem. OMG, i just feel like crying rite now, but the only thing i can do is wipe away my tears and know he is and a better place. Rest On!!! To every one else be prayful,and GOD be with you all.REST MY FRIEND WE WILL SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE. May you rest in peace! I'd only heard of 3 of them. baby Forever and ever will miss U! u r my heart! I send prayers out to his family and friends and pray that GOD gives them the strength to get through this hard time. I feel as if apart of my family has died. Locations. R.I.P Lamont Bently all my prayers go out to him and his family, when i heard the news i broke out and cried my mom said it will be ok that he is in a better place,and that he will no longer have to suffer or die again. rest in peace and live life eternally. my heart goes out to his family. WebArtimus Lamont Bentley was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on October 25, 1973, to Loyce Bentley and Donald L. Gardison. I really liked the role he played on Moesha, I was so happy, I thought nothing could go wrong, until I heard what happened. Web1973. [5] He was buried at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Hollywood Hills . I watched Moesha for years, and his character Hakeem was a big reason why the show was so funny. Manut bol is African and Merlin Santana is Do Minicano .