While the microwave is pretty quick, the biggest disadvantage is that the crispy crust can sometimes come out soft and soggy. Wrap it in foil or frost-resistant film and preserve. But in case you still want to reheat an apple pie his way, warm it up for 60 sec, then take out and leave to sit for 30 sec. The Kitchen Community is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Assemble the Pastries: Place 4-5 apple slices into the center of each pastry square and top with a spoonful of cinnamon sugar. Air fry for 8 minutes depending on how powerful your air fryer is and then double check that it is reheated in the centre. And there you have it, the perfect way to reheat your apple pie! Just wrap each with foil and freeze. These are just perfect! With this method, I advise sticking to reheating one portion at a time to ensure the apple crisp is warmed through evenly. Melt butter, then add apples, spices, cornstarch and vanilla extract. . Cook, covered, on low until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 3-4 hours. straight to your inbox. Prepare the Apples: First, peel and slice the apples into thin pieces and set them aside. When we have some apple pie left, we may find it somewhat challenging to decide how to warm it up after refrigerating. But if we transfer it to the refrigerator, the lifespan of a dessert will significantly increase, and we will be able to enjoy it for up to five days. Lets dive in and take a look at each method in detail: As mentioned, reheating apple crumble in the oven will yield the most pleasing results. I will provide step-by-step instructions to the different methods we will look at below, along with a ton of other useful information. Continue this process for all turnovers. Trying to figure out how to reheat an apple pie? I just went to teh store so making the turnovers tomorrow. Pour this mixture over the dumplings. Simple, delicious, classic recipe. Halfway through cooking, flip the turnovers over with a spatula and let them finish cooking. Thanks for sharing! Roll Out the Pastry Dough: Next, roll out the pastry dough on a floured surface with a rolling pin and slice it into 8 equal squares. Remove the apple pie from the freezer and place it on a baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Leave your apple crumble to stand at room temperature for around thirty minutes before you reheat it. Drizzling a bit of additional butter over the streusel layer adds moisture which is locked in by covering the dish with foil. (Do You Really Need to do This? So what is the best way to reheat apple pie? It is definitely the best way to go and will give you almost the exact same quality when reheated than what you experienced with the fresh apple pie. Tent the pie with foil on the griddle (or use a domed heatproof lid, if available) or cover the skillet with a lid; heat the pie for five to 10 minutes. Covering the pie helps trap in the hot air coming from the griddle or skillet. Place equal amounts of cooked apples into the center of each puff pastry square. I agree. What a compliment!! As bacteria grow rapidly on food between 40 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit, you need to thaw your apple pie safely. How To Reheat A Whole Apple Pie? I started this website, honestly, because someone told me I couldnt. Your email address will not be published. Microwaving doesnt influence the goodies texture well which means that you will not receive a perfectly soft and thoroughly warmed yummy. Here is how to reheat apple pie in the microwave: Leaving the apple pie to rest for 30 seconds after being heated in the microwave allows for the heat to distribute evenly, so there wont be some cold bites and some piping hot bites. Defrost it caferully in the oven at 350 F for 30 minutes previously transferring the pie to the fridge to melt a bit. Bake the apple turnovers. Place turnovers on a baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch between them. Preheat the oven to 400F (204C). Get them answered here before you leave us today! You do not need to leave it in long enough to bake again, you are just wanting to warm it up. So how do you reheat your apple pie in the oven? It is easy enough to cut off a slice of apple pie in the fridge, but not so easy to saw through apple pie that has been frozen. About | Contact | Terms | Privacy | Recipe Generator. Step 3 - Cut the sheet of puff pastry into 6 squares. Leave it inside for fifteen to thirty minutes. When shes not on the hunt for all the best products online, you can often find her trying out new food spots in New York City or clicking away behind a camera. Remove the apple pie from the freezer and place it on a baking sheet. If youre not so concerned with a crispy top, then the microwave is your best bet as it is considerably quicker. When it comes to reheating food, its worth remembering that food should only be reheated once to avoid food poisoning or a drop in the food quality. Put a slice of apple pie on a microwave plate. Allow it to cool, and then leave it in the dish you want to bake it in. If you try this apple turnovers recipe, let me know! Place a portion of apple crisp on a microwave-safe plate. Apple pie is the ultimate comfort food and while there isnt anything better in this world than a nice warm slice, having a slice right out of the refrigerator is one of lifes little hacks. Carefully peel apart sheets of phyllo. If they are not, place the pie in the microwave for 20 seconds. Preheat the oven to 350F (175C) for 5-7 . Remedies: Crimp the edges of a double crust pie very securely to ensure the pie won't bubble over around the edges. What the heck is the problem here folks??? This is due to how the microwave heats up food. The result is a warm apple pie crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. That being said, the microwave method surprised me. To safely freeze Apple Turnovers that are made with previously frozen puff pastry, they must be baked before freezing. You Might Like: How to Reheat Pumpkin Pie. It warms not only your body but your soul. Allow the pie to cool slightly before serving. The only downside to reheating apple pie in the oven is that it will take a little longer than using the microwave, but it will definitely be worth the wait. Cut into 4 even squares. Cut each pastry half again into thirds. If you have a frozen apple pie and you are ready to reheat it, then you will have to use the oven. Reheating an apple pie bought in a store is not something common since most of us tend to consume it at once. The perfect apple for apple pie needs to be firm and tart. Simply heat the air fryer to 350F and wrap the apple pie slice with foil. Whether it is a frozen or refrigerated apple pie, you can go forth and reheat your apple pie, enjoying your favorite dessert again and again! Additional tip: Make sure there's a vent hole in the center of the top crust or a few slashes. Mix to a smooth, thick consistency and drizzle over the turnovers. Step 1 - Heat the diced apple with the vegan butter, sugar and cinnamon. In a saucepan combine the apples, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and corn starch. Set the temperature to 310 degrees F, air fryer setting, and heat until warmed through, about 3 to 4 minutes. It might take longer than the microwave, but the wait will definitely be worth the results! But what do you do with your leftovers? Actually, frozen pies need no defrosting at all, as far as I know. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the brown sugar, water, butter and cinnamon. Roll crescents up and repeat until each are filled. How to Reheat Sausages So That They Are Perfect and Steaming Hot! Preheat your oven to 350F (180C) and lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Add sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and melted butter. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped apple, sugar, flour, and cinnamon and mix until well combined. Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper and place a portion of apple crisp inside it. There really is nothing quite like a slice of warmed apple pie with a serving of cream or ice cream. Deep fried apple turnover. Roll out dough. Make sure the apple crisp is room temperature all the way through before adding any sort of covering. To crisp the topping, remove the foil for the last 3 to 5 minutes of oven time. Remember, you are just warming up the pie, not baking it all over again, so you do not want to keep it in the oven too long. You will need to use your own judgment here, as some ovens bake faster than others. Place the pie into the oven for roughly 15-20 minutes. All of these apples have the right properties to make a great apple pie, but all have unique tastes. Well, it is possible, of course, but we would not recommend such an approach. Ive written an entire article on how to store apple crisp. I had always bought pre-packaged frozen apple turnovers until now; such delicious little treats! Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the turnovers in a single layer. So what is the best way to heat up an apple pie? Cook the diced apples for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place frozen turnovers on ungreased baking pan. From frozen: Allow to defrost. How to Store the Turnovers The dessert will last in the fridge (tightly sealed) for up to a week. What if the pie is unbaked? Load. After 30 minutes, check to see if the pie is heated up to your liking, if not you can leave it in for another 5-10 minutes. Keep a check on the pie, you do not want to leave it in long enough that the crust begins to burn. Fold over to close edges. Remove from heat; add lemon zest and juice. This locks in moisture and turns the streusel crispy. Mix well until incorporated. nevertheless, if such a need appears, go for the same tips that are applied for warming up naked goodie. Place the sheet in the freezer and flash freeze them for about an hour. My family is going to love this recipe! Love your recipes! . However, whenever we preserve a pie by exposing it to frost, sooner or later we face a necessity to reheat a pie. Im making a bunch to take to my sister in law who just had a baby! Ill have to try some of those variations sometime too! Its very easy to accidentally burn your apple crisp. Place the apple pie on a baking sheet ( I like these ones from Amazon ). Once the pie has heated throughout, you can take it out, leave it to cool slightly and serve. Her new book "Healthy Eating Through the Garden" will be released shortly. Place your apple crisp in a baking tray and optionally drizzle some melted butter over the topping. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes, since filling will be very hot. But what do we do with the leftover apple pie? Out of all the methods, we tried, using the oven proved to be the best. Elisa is a passionate cook who will advise you on healthy and delicious food topics! With her help, you will discover how to properly store and freeze food, as well as learn important nuances about preserving vitamins in your meals to make them stay nutritious. Simply toss it covered in foil to the fridge to keep for extra two or three days. You can also thaw it in the fridge overnight. The method works best with a pie that has been left at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Afterwards, melt butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. In the oven, crisp puff or phyllo pastry, crusty loaves of bread, flaky biscuits, and a variety of other baked goods are best reheated. Show Professional Tambays, Ep Episode 7| ProfTambs: The Reheat Chronicles - Dec 26, 2022 Its a fast option for those after a slice of apple pie, though. Whichever method or combination you choose will stop your pie from becoming soggy, even when you reheat it! You are also able to reheat an apple pie slice in the microwave, but once again it will take a shorter period of time, so be sure to check it after 30 seconds. Naturally, if somebody wants to stock it for longer (for instance, if they have too much of a pie left), the frosting would be the optimal solution. You can freeze baked or unbaked apple crisp. The microwave will reheat your apple pie much quicker than the oven, but you do run the risk of a soggy crust. Optional: place the apple crisp under a preheated broiler for 2 to 3 minutes. If you want to know more about thawing and defrosting pie, check out this guide that we made. Eating cold apple pie is a thing and honestly, the experience can be better in its own unique way. We are all about adding ice cream here! Previously the Editorial Assistant at Good Housekeeping, she earned her bachelors degree in creative writing and psychology from Johns Hopkins University. In this quick recipe, I show you the best way to reheat your apple crisp. A 5-inch pie will take about 12-15 minutes and turnovers will take about 10-12 minutes. How to pack them correctly? If you have some apple pie leftovers in the freezer, you need to make sure you thaw the apple pie before placing it in the oven or microwave. A single slice of apple pie will take a shorter amount of time to warm up in the oven compared to a whole pie, so make sure to keep a check on it and take it out within 15 minutes. Compared to other options, such as the microwave, the oven can be time-consuming. The oven will warm up the apple pie up perfectly, leaving the crumb crisp, while leaving the apple filling moist and tender. Most pies and pastries can be lightly reheated until warmed through at 200 to 250 degrees Fahrenheit, or reheated more quickly at 300 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit if necessary. Keep reading for more details on reheating apple pie as well as some other alternatives to using the best method: the oven. I guess, the procedure is the same: take it out of the freezer, put to the fridge instead, and leave there until it kind of melts. Freezing instructions: Unbaked - Freeze the fully assembled raw turnovers on a baking sheet for about an hour until frozen solid. In a medium pot, melt 1 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Put the pie, turnovers, or pastry on a cookie sheet on foil or parchment, and lightly cover with foil. There is no doubt that the oven is the way to go when reheating apple pie. Reheating apple crumble in the oven ensures it has a relatively crispy topping while doing so in the microwave will make the crumble a little softer. cup vegan butter Taking one sheet at a time, lightly brush half of the phyllo sheet with melted butter. (17.3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed. I didnt change a thing. But we need to be careful when doing this, as bacteria grows rapidly on food between 40-140 degrees Fahrenheit. These are just gorgeous! Spoon 1/4 cup apple mixture diagonally over half of each square to within 1/2 in. For added crunch, drizzle a small amount of melted butter over the topping before placing it in the oven. Once again, the oven is the best method to use to warm up the apple pie, even if it is frozen. Using a pastry brush, brush the beaten egg, mixed with the water, over each turnovers. Is it the oven? Put your slices or whole pie on a baking sheet with parchment paper and pop it in for 10 minutes. Reheating frozen pie slice is what we mostly do since usually, we dont need to heat up a whole thing. Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. You can then leave the rest of the pie in the refrigerator or freezer until you want your next helping of apple pie. Remove the pie from the microwave and let it sit for 30 seconds and enjoy. These apple turnovers are the tastiest little pastries that are perfect for a sweet breakfast or even dessert. Place the pie in oven for about 15-25 minutes (depending on size). Mix 2 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. That's where the microwave comes in it's the quickest method of reheating an apple pie, although you might have to sacrifice quality for time (read: you'll run the risk of a soggy crust). Do not leave the pie in the oven long enough to bake again, just so that it is warm throughout. The turnovers are best served warm the day of baking, but they will still be delicious and fresh for 3-4 days stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Keeping apple pie flavorous and fresh is the major task of any housewife. If it is, your perfectly reheated apple pie is ready to serve and enjoy! Add apples and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. What kind of witchcraft is this? Of course! Preheat oven to 350 F. Im so glad you guys enjoyed so much. It will allow the heat to distribute evenly throughout the pie, avoiding the disaster of biting into a hot section of the pie and then a cold section. The air fryer technique also delivered good results and would be my method of choice for a single portion if I was in a hurry. Easy, pretty and absolutely delicious just as written. The food should be cooked through, stored correctly, and then reheated once before it needs to be thrown away. Once reheated, take out of the oven, allow to cool and then serve. Place the apple pie in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on how long it takes for the pie to warm through. Fold over from corner to corner into a triangle shape, and press edges together to seal. The 2 reheating options we will be look at are: Lets take a more detailed look at each option below. Once the frozen apple pie is heated up properly, take it out, let it cool and serve. Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Preheat oven to 375F. Spoon apples onto the center of each squares. What is the best apple to use for apple pie? While cold apple pie is an amazing experience, if you are someone who just doesnt like it cold and thinks that is blasphemous, then reheating your pie is a must. Get bakery-style apple turnovers in a flash at home. But as you know, thats not the only way apple pie is kept, is it? Be sure to keep checking on the slice and take it out within 15 minutes to enjoy a warm slice of apple pie! Set aside. Once evenly heated, remove it from the air fryer basket and serve immediately. When using your air fryer, make sure not to overcrowd the basket as your pudding will not heat evenly. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Whisk egg and milk in small bowl and brush onto the edges of puff pastry to help seal. Articles are written by food experts, chefs, home cooks, and me, the Food Guy. Once you are done . How do you thaw a frozen cooked apple pie to not ruin it? If you need your apple pie reheated quickly, then the microwave is the best way to do it. Set the air fryer to 360F for 14 minutes. Step 2 - Stir in the cornstarch. She is a noted chef and avid gardener. Meanwhile, unfold one pastry sheet on a piece of parchment paper. To reheat your apple pie in the microwave, be sure to remove the pie if it's in a metal pin and transfer it to a microwave-safe plate. Yummy! Now, I might not have the most acquired taste, and I might not be a professional chef, but that doesnt mean I dont have some great ideas and strategies. If you dont plan to serve them all at once, its best to leave the icing off of the leftover turnovers. Once the pie is warmed through, take it out of the oven. Leave it to cool slightly before serving with your preferred accompaniment. Simmer to thicken for another minute, then take the pan off the heat and let cool. My husband declared these as way better than theirs! slow cooker, combine bread and apples. Microwave heating is uneven, so let your goods rest for a minute or two so the heat can redistribute. This post may contain affiliate links. Reheating any foods leads to their gradual degradation and quality decreasing. Cons: The crust can become soggy and not crispy. I also found my apple crisp was evenly heated and that I could manage my desired level of warmth by how long I kept it in the oven. Place the apple pie in the preheated oven for 15 to 30 minutes, depending on how long it takes for the pie to warm through. Cook, stirring regularly, for 10 minutes or until the apples have softened. With this method, make sure to keep a close eye on the reheating process. Place your apple crisp on a microwave-safe plate (single portion). If you overheat them, they'll grow tough and leathery. It can be a little unusual initially if youve never tried it cold, but its certainly worth having a go. How to Reheat Jambalaya Properly Like a Pro! First of all, it works only for quite thin slices. Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox! Roll the pastry dough out onto a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle (15-inch x 20-inch), about -inch thick. Add diced apples and cook, stirring occasionally until softened (5 min). Left Eggs Out Overnight Are They Safe 11 Absolute Best G Fuel Flavors [Updated 2023], Best Toppings For Sloppy Joes (Ultimate List), Oreos Without Cream (And Where To Get Them), Twix Vs Snickers Which Is Best And Key Differences, How Much Ground Beef Per Person (For Every Kind Of Meal). Remove the chilled hand pies from the refrigerator, and lightly brush with the egg wash. I loved this method because of how juicy the apple filling was in delightful contrast to the crispy, crunchy topping. There are a few options to choose from when making apple pie. You can follow these simple steps for a delicious warm helping of apple pie! Remove the apple pie from the refrigerator. Apple pie is the most common dessert that is both sold in stores and made by housewives all over the world. If you cover the crisp prematurely, it wont stay crispy for long. The microwave is best for individual portions. To reheat already baked strudel, place it on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven on a low heat for around ten minutes. Use the following steps to reheat your frozen apple pie in the oven: The frozen method is slightly different from refrigerated apple pie. You are definitely going to love these! For a standard 9-inch pie, heat for 15-20 minutes. Never fear; we are going to cover thawing apple pie now! Heat your apple crisp for 3 to 4 minutes. Pepperidge Farm Apple Puff Pastry Turnovers. Instructions. This method is fast and convenient (roughly 3 minutes), and the cherry on top is the delightfully crispy topping. As with the oven method we mentioned earlier, using the oven to warm frozen apple pie can be time-consuming, but it is the best way to ensure a delicious taste and a thoroughly defrosted pie. Its so fun to see what youre cooking! Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. There are a couple of ways to prevent sogginess. Simmer until thickened, then cool. Check on the pie, making sure that the crust has not begun to burn. How To Make Apple Turnovers Combine the lemon juice and diced apples in a bowl to prevent them from turning brown. You will find that the once-crispy topping will lose some texture and may become a little soggy. Allow them to completely cool, and do not add the glaze or any other topping. Preheat the oven to 400F and set a lined baking sheet aside. In Your Oven Solovyova/iStock/GettyImages They say Marie Callenders is the best because of the authentic taste of apples. Cover the tray with foil and warm in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk with a fork. And there you have it! Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a7cd47035c85c6dfbe83c71b135d0342" );document.getElementById("g934f11b4d").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Hello and welcome! Place inside the microwave and heat for 30 -60 seconds. Lightly brush egg wash over the tops and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Perect recipe for apple season! Best practices. On half power, heat the dish in 30-second intervals until reheated to your liking. You, too, can use the oven to warm your apple pie and have a delicious dessert to brighten up a dreary Tuesday! This is due to the pie defrosting, releasing water while it is also subjected to heat. In fact, if you're looking to reheat just one or a few slices of apple pie, it's one of the easiest methods that also won't compromise on quality. While slicing a cold apple pie is easy, cutting into a frozen apple pie is nothing short of mission impossible! I use frozen puff pastry sheets to make them quickly and easily, and the homemade apple cinnamon filling is absolutely to die for. 5. Yes, its ok with freezing. The apple crisp will last up to 3 months in the freezer. Divide the spiced applesauce equally between three of the pastry pieces. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Well, now that youve reached the end, you should have no problems reheating your apple pie (whole pie, slice or if it is frozen). Remove to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes. When you warm a piece of pie in the microwave for a minute does the inside of the pie get hotter first than the outside, if you touch the top of the pie its not warm but Im assuming the inside of the pie is hotter correct or not.