Oh well, bug I guess. Screenshot of the Weather card. It can save you time and frustration when debugging other automations/scripts/templates/etc. Ive also tested these two templates in Developer Tools for tomorrows forecast. If forecast temperature is > Y then turn off heating and turn on cooling As Ive said, Ive tried various combinations of various quotes and their placement (including your suggestion), always the same error. The lying Test button being one of them. Home Assistant Free software 15 comments Best [deleted] 5 yr. ago Presuming you already have a tts platform working and the darksky weather sensor. The automation is fairly simple at the moment, Ive got stuck fairly early, so I dont think its relevant in this case. Thanks for the reply. Id like to do as many people posting here say: at X time if temp tomorrow > Y do something. A full list of paths and potential weather forecast sensors can be worked out by parsing the Json output from the OpenWeatherMap API using a path finder like https://jsonpathfinder.com/. Matter, SmartHomeScene 2023 This created a slight issue because I also have solar panels for hot water and Im now heating water at night using electricity. That one works best if you pair it with a capable weather alert integration, which would ideally be local to your location. The weather forecast is delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the NRK. I completely forgot the or statement. Home Assistant already has support for numerous weather services. I can empathize with your feeling of theres goes time Ill never get back. This card works only with platforms that define a weather entity. I also needed to create one more template sensor to work out the average cloud cover for the day, the automation to decide whether or not the immersion should switch on will run at midnight and takes an average of the cloud cover forecast of the hours +9 to +16 which will be day time. Theme variables include: Weather icons can be overwritten with your own personal images via a theme. What you want to do is connect multiple conditions with OR statements to achieve what you are looking for. These are the state attributes for my weather.home entity: If I use State type automation condition for the current day using just the entitys state, everything works fine: If I however want to use tomorrow or any subsequent days, I cant make it work, whatever I use getting into lists and their attributes. All consumption contributes to heating. Follow the instruction on screen to complete the set up. ition changes to". Home Assistant custom integration for Weather Underground personal weather station users. Find the weather.my_home and take a look there. Ive tinkered my own 2 story house heating/ cooling with two air heatpumps, many room temperature sensors and weather prediction to conserve energy with predictive automations. It displays daily forecast data with minimum and maximum temperatures in a simple bar, from your main weather integration. To the user, properties will be presented according to the unit system. E.g., it works with OpenWeatherMap but not OpenWeatherMap Sensor. Automation with a time trigger of 8am, a state condition of presence and an action with tts service of your choice, with data template state of darksky daily forecast. Im using met.no that is already integrated on HA. Properties have to follow the units mentioned on the respective unit of measurement in the table. I live in northen Europe, Finland, and I have in my area outside temp from +35 to Snow continues to cover homes in Crestline (3/3/23) News Channel 3's Peter Daut spoke to him today while he waited in line for a helicopter funded by a nonprofit to deliver much-needed food after . The card comes with 4 styles (light, dark, voyager, satellite) which can be used to adjust its looks according to your dashboard. If you want to explain your solution better, Ill wait for you. Simple yet effective. #smarthome #diy #automationsWemo Smart Plug: https://amzn.to/3hmBBB9Wemo Smart Plug 2-pack: https://amzn.to/2EiFWXJPrevious video on iOS push notifications: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyG3tUrFKqkRelevant documentation for Home Assistant: https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/configuration/templating/Subscribe to GTOTechnology (Grayson Adams) here: http://www.youtube.com/GTOTechnology----About:Create a more complex automation that involves fetching entity attributes using Home Assistant, then take that data and deliver it in a push notification to your iOS device.Shot with an iPhone SE 2Credits:Intro music by SNSCRN: https://soundcloud.com/snscrn_music?ref=clipboardDISCLAIMER: Products recommended in my videos are often sponsored through the Amazon Associates program, where I earn a commission on qualifying purchases. I still dont think youre understanding fully, from what youve written although the automation trigger youve written probably does what you want it to . default_view: name: Home view: yes icon: mdi:home entities: - group.family - group.indoors - group.lights - group.weather weather: name: Weather Forecast view: no entities: - input_boolean.weather And finally all you have to do now is restart Home Assistant and clear your cache. For more information, see the action documentation. EDIT Actually, doesn't look like they do 12pm, every 3 hours so they jump from 11am to 2pm. It can tell you the current elevation, dawn and dusk times as well as Azimuth angle. However, now its working. This is achieved by automatically converting units when creating state objects. I was trying to make a simple automation based on the current weather state. Built with Docusaurus. Current conditions are generated from the wundergroundpws configured pws_id. Includes a native Home Assistant Weather Entity and a variety of weather sensors. The Simple Weather Card is developed by kalkih, the same developer who made the awesome mini-graph-card for Home Assistant. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. Weather Forecast Based Automation and Notifications with Home Assistant. This new weather forecasting addition is no different and I can see potential for farming related projects, like weather notifications and automations for frost protection or closing doors and shutters when high winds are forecast. Now I have to build testing automation with artifical trigger just to test the conditions work and are tested properly as the test doesnt work. Now that is quite confusing for me and I dont really understand the reasons why that would be the case. In reality it is a complex system. Best Time Of the Day! It pulls the raw data from NOAA and converts it over to the format used by the DarkSky API. Extrema, Precipitation, Humidity. For more information about themes, see the frontend documentation. So your trigger could be when any of those states change and the conditions would be ORs: And like @pedolsky mentioned, use the dev tools to determine what state values are since you need to be literal when testing for them. Same information, just the second one actually works for me. I highly recommend reviewing the links I posted above. That is why there prolly is no blueprint available. The Weather Conditions Card is the most versatile card on this list. Ive tried this and although it reports an error when I test on the Automation dialog, just like all condition based on templates, it works properly: In my case the index 0 on forecast is today, so Ive used 1 for tomorrow. For more information, see the action documentation. I appreciate you replying to my post but I still think youre overcomplicating it. I dont know how one would forecast latent heat. If the forecast is above X then turn on cooling, if the forecast is below Y then turn on heating. Select the "Automation: Trigger" service, select your automation, then disable the "Skip Condition" option before clicking the "Call Service" button. Support Ive also added weather maps to my Farm Dashboard. Its what the existing conditional card is based on. Without the main entity all my templates are failing. Turn on the kettle (which has been set ready to go the night before) Wait five minutes (giving me time to stumble sleepily into the kitchen and it also happens to be roughly how long the kettle takes to boil) Turn on the TV Play a TTS based briefing, which includes the days weather forecast and current indoor temperature If forecast is above x or below y temperature run HVAC fan for next z hours. Theme variables include: // If your state is not above, use this format. My interpretation of the requirement is: Or are/ were you just looking for ready made complex blueprint? Choose that and then choose the trigger "Current cond. elseif forecast temperatuer is < Z then turn off cooing and turn on heating. All rights reserved. Heres something that might be useful once its included in a stable version. This Home Assistant dashboard view covers everything related to weather and forecast. - #14 by Tom7320. To add the Weather card to your user interface, click the menu (three dots at the top right of the screen) and then Edit Dashboard. Btw: If the template is one-liner, it needs double quotes around it. It can still be represented to the user in a simple way. First I added the following to my configuration.yaml: YAML rest_command: !include rest.yaml This allows me to put my rest commands in the file rest.yaml. 10 Best Emby Client Devices [2023] 4k, Hardware Transcoding, etc. The reason for this is because many smart heating systems begin heating the property to bring it to desired temperature by a set time. In addition to this. You can check out others here: Home Assistant Integrations List of the built-in integrations of Home Assistant. Defaults to extrema if available, if not available then precipitation and if precipitation isnt available then humidity. From the list, search and select Meteorologisk institutt (Met.no). We are compensated for referring traffic and business to these websites, incurring no additional cost to you as a consumer.SmartHomeScene 2023 All rights reservedPrivacy Policy | Contact Us | Support, SITE LINKS If you want to check if its going from sunny or cloudy to rainy or snowy, add. Required if native_visibility is set. If anyone has any experience or links to share Id be super grateful. Ive already fixed it. The default weather integration's data source is MET.I live in Finland and have been using the default integration for weather updates. Links to their Github profiles will be left in the description, so you can support them with a cup of coffee if you want. A simple: weather change to rainy do a thing. If there are better and cleaner solutions I am open to any advice. Have tomorrow's forecast delivered to you automatically at a time you specify using Home Assistant. It needs the specific location (defined by latitude and longitude ), which by default is taken from your Home Assistant configured "home" location. With this automation, if the weather change to rainy, does the trigger work? interface, by using this My button: If the above My button doesnt work, you can also perform the following steps For each weather entity, the user also has the option to override the presentation units, i.e., the units used in the state objects. The card supports the integration Ive never been able to get work (weatheralerts) so I asked about adding support for NWS Alerts. Configuration Adding Meteorologisk institutt (Met.no) to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by using this My button: The "weather" group is the important one. Add Integration button. | Am I Normal? Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Cooling would flip this upside down. The current wind bearing in azimuth angle (degrees) or 1-3 letter cardinal direction. These cookies do not store any personal information. Create a simple automation in the GUI to use the data and switch devices on/off. Yeah, the ones for the US (National Weather Service related) tend to be by county or zone (which in my small state happen to be identical). service: tts.cloud_say data: entity_id: media_player.office_mini message: >- {% set forecast = state . Weather forecast and current conditions for automations? Ok, I see. The air pressure unit; hPa, mbar, inHg or mmHg. With Mona Chalabi Watch on This integration uses the free National . Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, Automation condition based on weather forecast for the next day. As a consequence, the seasoned users you mentioned, avoided it entirely and used a text editor to compose their automations (like Visual Studio Code with some plugins to guard against syntax errors). Dont forget to add an automation as well, which would send you a notification for example, on a announce it to your smart speaker. Im struggling here a bit with using automation condition that tests a state of a list item attribute based on Met.no weather forecast integration. Forecast data needs to follow the same unit of measurement as defined for properties where applicable. If I define the exact same Condition as first action in the Actions section instead , there it gets tested correctly and further Actions stopped if it tests false. By Farmer Ed October 27, 2021 Having recently changed electricity plan to one of the new smart meter plans with variable electricity unit price rates, I moved my immersion timer to night time to take advantage of the cheapest rate. It is capable of showing important weather information in a very tiny space, making it very useful for mobile phones of wall mounted dashboards. The following YAML options are available when you use YAML mode or just prefer to use YAML in the Code Editor in the UI. Got None A bonus here would be when the peak temperature is. The Weather entity was introduced in Home Assistant 0.32, and it's used by. Contact All I really want to do is have it poll the weather service for the max temperature predicted. I have a robot lawn mower, integrated with HA already, I'd like to automate. The Weather Forecast card displays the weather. As it will take a bit of time to write the tutorial, you @WangDangler is the perfect person to ask: would that kind of tutorial help you go forward tinkering your own system? Custom Integrations Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. manually: From the configuration menu select: Devices & Services. This card does not need to be downloaded, its part of the default Home Assistant configuration. It correctly returns true: If I try to use the same template in the Automation Condition type Template: I receive the error: Copyright 2023 Home Assistant. You can change icons with text, add wind direction, speed or humidity under each segment of the bar. If not set, it will default to Extrema (High/Low) if available, if not available then Precipitation and if precipitation isnt available then Humidity. I was trying to explain the the mistakes I was making, but maybe I didnt succeed very much Its already when I test the condition on its own I can see it doesnt work. If not set, the name will be the name set on the weather entity. By looking forward, I could heat my home a little extra when the prediction is that more heating is necessary in the next few hours and the price will rise, and a little less when the price will drop and temperature forecast allows for it. That syntax is an error caused by opening in UI. All I want it to do is look at the days forecast temperature and either heat or cool. I dont know where youre getting the comma-separated list syntax from for the from: statement Ive never seen that and dont believe it will work. For me, I try not to rely on static values too much just in case (and maybe Im just paranoid), so I might trigger it every minute so I dont have to have so many values in multiple locations or worry about making sure I took into accounting for all the to and from and just worry about what the current state is now: I dont know if you can do this, and if you can then awesome, but Ive not implemented the multiple to/from entries like what was proposed, so this may or may not work: It triggers when the weather changes from anything to one of the listed foul weather conditions (hail, lightning, etc). I have rarely in my life experienced a case where the weather forecast in the morning was not pretty close to accurate for the day. At the moment, just for try, i set for action a simple notification to my smartphone. Ive tested this template in Developer Tools for tomorrows forecast. Specifically, look at the 'forecast' attribute. On one part I have the climate integration allowing to start, stop, set my airconditioning of Panasonic through the Panasonic Comfort Cloud. The weather forecast is delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the NRK. Just maybe, condition is a reserved word in the automation system. Nice inspiration for more complex future setup, thanks! With or without double quotes, Ive tried various brackets at various places, it never works. The Automation Editor received many enhancements and is substantially better now than it ever was yet not without glitches and (still) some limitations. Thats something you would do with a template but the State Conditions attribute option doesnt support templates. Since the forecast and the actual temperature at a given time of the day can be slightly off, I think that an external and an internal temperature sensor combined with a trend sensor could be more effective. If it just wasnt there, I would most likely create a test automation first and analyse my routine using the developer tools as advertised. An hourly forecast entity is needed for the correct operation of this card, otherwise it would result in an error. It might sound silly for a seasoned HA user/developer. This. This test function is a prime example. Legal Information Deutscher Wetterdienst (DWD) is not affiliated in any way with this project. More on configuring 1-wire sensors on the Home Assistant documentation: 1-wire integration. Right now for weather alerts there, Im using a conditional mushroom chip card (it only shows if theres at least one active alert), that I have navigating to a subview with the full alert info. I already know the base consumption, which is about 1kW, which heats the house about 13 degrees over the outside temperature. Depending on the forecast, example tomorow it will be 27C I would like to start my airco already in the early morning setting it to keep 22C in the rooms. Smart Home Enthusiasts and Home Assistant Gurus! 1 Like Phantomski (David Dosoudil) June 15, 2022, 7:09pm #13 The problem. There are multiple ways to skin this cat, and whats been proposed is 100% legitimate. Other cards on this list also feature an editor, but this one is very complex making it very useful when setting up the card. My Smart Home setup All gadgets and apps I use in my automated home, Gluetun Docker Guide Easy VPN Killswitch for Docker Containers, [Video] Install Docker and Docker Compose on Ubuntu Dont Do It WRONG, 3 Simple ChatGPT Examples to Make Your Homelab Better, Ultimate Traefik Docker Compose Guide [2022] with LetsEncrypt. In the code examples below Ive created 24 hourly cloud forecast sensors, hourly)[0].clouds is the current hour hourly)[0].clouds is the forecast for 1 hours time and so on. It is also quite complicated for some specific but simple tasks and so source of endless frustrations for me, usually due to a trivial stuff that takes ages to solve, despite brilliant documentation and active community. The reason for this is that for these conditions is an icon from Material Design Icons available and mapped in the frontend. Nothing happens. You can look at current inside temperature and decide whether or not to heat or cool. The trigger should be what starts thing but the condition makes the decision. The following yaml was added to my automations config to complete the immersion automation, it disables and enables the immersion automation based on average cloud cover percentage. @nilux I agree, getting the HVAC to provide perfectly controlled heating and cooling is very complex and unique to every room in a house. Properties should always only return information from memory and not do I/O (like network requests). In this video, we are going to be installing the Weather Alerts Integration from the Home Assistant Community Store. By default, Home Assistant is configured to populate the Lovelace GUI for you automatically, but at some point, you will want to take control and set it up just how you want it. The action taken on card tap and hold. It will send a frost warning to my phone app if there is to be low temperatures. probably didnt make it clear, I consider Test function in the automation visual builder producing an error a bug. Create Home Assistant control REST commands Armed with the commands I need I started off by creating some REST commands in Home Assistant that correspond to the API calls. Like that: Speaking for myself, that seems a very complex trigger when you could check it every minute with a single line that wont be susceptible to state term changes in the future and then you can handle the to states in the condition. If I use this template as Automation / Conditions it doesnt test when created (produces an error), is always ignored in the trace when triggered and because of that the Automation runs and action gets always performed, regardless of this condition. Unit Conversion If that was your intention then I agree it wasnt clear. Does this works? and then test the state of this new sensor: Its just digging deeper into attribute list directly in the condition type template that doesnt work. In the Conditions section of Automation definition it says: Which attribute to display under the temperature. How to setup a VNC server for Android for remote access? I have good insulation. If not, no double quotes needed. Hy guys. When there are any alerts issued, card will change color to let you know about upcoming dangerous conditions. However to do it properly, I must figure out at least the natural lag of my house. It changes by the hour. The met platform uses the Met.no web service as a source for meteorological data for your location. Unfortunately none of the weather integrations as far as I could see had an hourly cloud forecast. SmartHomeScene.comis a participant in theAmazon Services LLC Associates Program, AliExpress Portals Affiliate Program and Banggood Affiliate Programs. Forecast is generated from the Home Assistant configured latitude/longitude. At (time), check the weather forecast. Sever . The following is the raw yaml output from LoveLace and provides a GUI to provide monitoring and inputs to adjust all of the variables. Very useful to include on interfaces that people display on the wall. Im doing in YAML because i think its cleaner. Home Assistant currently supports free web services some of which require registration. Home Assistant can track and control and automate all your devices at home. The weather platforms gather meteorological information from web services and display the conditions and other details about the weather at the given location. A trend sensor has been great in my experience. You can see that in dev tools > state Check this if you would like to show the upcoming forecast under the current weather. Weather Forecast Card - Home Assistant Weather Forecast Card The Weather Forecast card displays the weather. Oh thanks for the answers. Accuweather, Darksky, OpenWeatherMap for weather conditions and forecast; AirVisual for Air Quality Index; weather.gov for weather alerts; windy.com for iframe embeds (Rain and Temperature) WSDOT for live traffic camera; Automations. Triggers are OR, so if the weather moves from any state to either sunny or cloudy, this trigger will fire. @123s code is a very elegant way to do it. OpenWeatherMap is suggested by the dev for this card, as it provides todays weather which this card needs. Read the integration documentation for your particular weather provider to learn how to set it up. This is the simple version Im using for testing purposes but I think in future it will be modified to allow for longer days in summer and shorter days in winter. The Meteoalarm Card is a powerful yet simple custom card to show meteorological warnings card in Home Assistant. This is really nice to have. Although most of the times peak is around noon which would be fine. I envisage an energy balance approach where I calculate the gains/losses in the room and calculate the energy required to input to the storage heaters to balance the heat loss. I am a newbie and open to any advice! Temperature and humidity changes have an immediate effect - depending on sunshine/cloudiness and on humidity, but also a delayed effect. Remote 3G/4G MySensors LoRa Gateway V2 with IOT SIM. Could somebody point me in the right direction? That would work independent of weather forecast. One of my favorite cards on this list, the clock weather card which displays the current date, time and weather forecast. This post is a collection of the best weather forecast Lovelace cards for Home Assistant available in the community store (HACS). Tomorrow's forecast notification in Home Assistant - EASY! template value should be a string for dictionary value @ data[value_template]. Why exactly do you want a predictive system? Or as Id do few months / years ago when it wasnt there. Yeah sorry. FarmOS Raspberry Pi Docker Install with SSL. The mere difference between direct sunlight and cloudy can change the temperature outside my patio by 10C above forecast. The heating system itself has a lag, depending on how it works and the mass of the building; compare massive concrete floor heating with direct air heating. Try to remove the from your template, as it isnt in the same line as value_template. Custom Cards Home Assistant Openweathermap Instructions on how to integrate OpenWeatherMap within Home Assistant. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Help with automated lights depending on weather pedolsky (Pedolsky) May 13, 2021, 4:41pm #2 Hello metcrl, it's a little bit to much for only one to: You can use various triggers but have to arrange them separately. The entity of the weather platform to use. Here you can specify a secondary attribute to show under the current temperature. No weather forecast accounts for this and cloudcover forecast is rarely reliable for me. The visibility unit; km or mi. Regarding the State Condition you created employing the attribute option, you supplied it with this: Whereas forecast is the name of an attribute in weather.home, the following is not: forecast[0].condition. If tomorrow is going to be warm and sunny then I dont want the heaters to charge up unnecessarily tonight. However, the automation to do this is relatively simple and would only take a few minutes to set-up. I need a predictive system as the storage heaters only charge up at certain times of night & day. In my experience theres no need for predictive heating based on weather forecast. If I could filter it for severe alerts only, that might make a viable trigger, but Id be less inclined to be woken at 3 am to find out its going to snow. You can see that in dev tools > state. I appreciate the pointers to the right places as I always learn a lot of new stuff. Zigbee Required if native_pressure is set. Seems like I could use that meteoalarm-card to provide more info on the initial view, at least. What if in the trigger i set like this: Will it work if any of the two state become true? Weather - Home Assistant Weather The weather platforms gather meteorological information from web services and display the conditions and other details about the weather at the given location. It's fine with cutting the grass in the rain but it can get stuck in mud or slide down a hill and it's better avoided if it's anything more than light rain. The goal is simple - turn on the garden sprinkler only if its not forecasted to rain the next day. If the max temperature is above a certain value, turn on cooling. Ive also thought about writing a little tutorial about my prediction controlled system and some scientific studies behind predictive heat/ cool controlling in domestic housing.