They opened it after my grandfather came back from WW2. letter-spacing: .03em; } My fathers parents had a restaurant called the Mer-Tex Cafe. Theme: Mag Dark by Themeansar. This section includes candidate profiles created in one of two ways: either the candidate completed Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection survey, or Ballotpedia staff compiled a profile based on campaign websites, advertisements, and public statements after identifying the candidate as noteworthy. 52.38%. What is something that has been a struggle in your life? LIVESTREAM Election Calendar Dates Reconciliation - Official Totals Reconciliation - Unofficial Totals Provisional Status Report by Ballot Board City of Palmhurst Special Election Results ". } (g) Information on the roster for a person who votes an early voting ballot by personal appearance shall be made available for public inspection as provided by Subsection (i) not later than 11 a.m. on the day after the date the information is entered on the roster under Subsection (c). if (typeof $ != 'undefined') { My goal is to RETURN THE POWER TO THE PEOPLE! margin-top: 5px; Your email address will not be published. He served as an Officer in the US Army from 1991 thru 2013. To View LiveStream please click on the link: Sec. } Weslaco resident Hector Monita decided to vote right after work in Edinburg and chose the UTRGV polling location at the Student Academic Center on the Edinburg campus, which experienced about a 30- to 40-minute wait time at around 6 p.m. I wanted to get in on time, so I figured that the university would have a little bit of a faster process, Monita said. Hidalgo County Elections Department. .panel-body { .census-table-census-item-header { top: 2px; Primer da para postular para un lugar en la boleta de eleccin general. Friday, August 5, 2022. As of March 4, 2023, 17 special elections have been called during the 117th Congress. .image-candidate-thumbnail-wrapper { .results_table_container { We the people run the government, not the government running the people. Election Day Roster January 22, 2022 MAIL BALLOT LIST District 4 Map APPLICATIONS FILED as of 11/15/2021 DISTRICT 4 Early Voting Locations SCHEDULE Wednesday, January 5th 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM Thursday, January 6th 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM Friday, January 7th 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM Saturday, January 8th 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday, January 10th 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM } Click here to watch a recording of the event, Redistricting in Texas after the 2020 census, Primary election competitiveness in state and federal government, 2022, The Cook Political Report's Partisan Voter Index, Texas' 34th Congressional District election, 2020, Texas' 34th Congressional District election, 2018, Texas' 34th Congressional District election, 2016, Texas' 34th Congressional District elections, 2014, Texas' 34th Congressional District elections, 2012, Massachusetts Secretary of State election, 2022 (September 6 Democratic primary), Mayoral election in Los Angeles, California (June 7, 2022 primary election), New Hampshire's 2nd Congressional District election, 2022, Pennsylvania's 17th Congressional District election, 2022, Superior Court of Los Angeles County election, 2022 (Office 67 June 7 nonpartisan primary), Special elections to the 117th United States Congress (2021-2022), Texas' 34th Congressional District election, 2022, https://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=Texas%27_34th_Congressional_District_special_election,_2022&oldid=9068853, Pages using duplicate arguments in template calls, Pages using DynamicPageList parser function, Pages using DynamicPageList dplreplace parser function, Conflicts in school board elections, 2021-2022, Special Congressional elections (2023-2024), 2022 Congressional Competitiveness Report, State Executive Competitiveness Report, 2022, State Legislative Competitiveness Report, 2022, Partisanship in 2022 United States local elections. *** Candidate either did not report any receipts or disbursements to the FEC, or Ballotpedia did not find an FEC candidate ID. Lunes, 10 de enero 8:00 AM 6:00 PM flex-direction: column; padding-bottom: 5px; .expand-all:hover, .collapse-all:hover {cursor: pointer; text-decoration: underline;} Wednesday January 12th 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Monday, January 17th 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Step 3: Mail your signed application to the County Clerk's office (300 Shakespeare, Lordsburg NM 88045). background: #4c4c4c; Source. .question-scroll-container { } Like every year, the Mission Cha, They were the restaurant's founders, and although they are no longer with us, their children continue their legacy.. [1] complete the Ballotpedia Candidate Connection Survey. "[2], Sanchez worked as a lawyer and was a county commissioner for Cameron County. Candidates are asked three required questions for this survey, but they may answer additional optional questions as well. I have served as a Public Servant my whole life, for over 30 years, in various jobs including the Federal Government, State Government, County and City Governments, as well as in two Universities. .leg-hnt-leadership { } I am not a diehard fan of some of the GOPs platforms but I am proud to represent the Party. } break-inside: avoid-column; padding-top: 5px; I retired from the Army Reserve in September 2013. Have a link to Juana Cantu-Cabrera's campaign ads on YouTube? The wait time to cast a ballot was over two hours. Sbado, 15 de enero 8:00 AM 5:00 PM height: auto; I have worked as an NP to provide care to undocumented immigrants for 12 years at Port Isabel Detention Center Homeland Security through a contracting agency. justify-content: center; On Friday, Hidalgo County Judge Richard Cortez announced he will run for another term. } width: 65px; I read both his books and followed him until his death recently. Survey responses from candidates in this race. Monday, February 14, 2022 . Information on November 2022 City Election 2022 Posting HB305 Internet Posting Requirement for Political Subdivision General Municipal Election for Commissioner At-Large and Commissioner District 4 - November 8, 2022 General Municipal Eleccion para un Comisionado General y el Comisionado del District 4 - Noviembre 08, 2022 I joined in January 1991, the month the First Gulf War started. font-weight: bold; HIDALGO COUNTY, Texas (KVEO) Hidalgo Countys judge will seek to keep his position for four more years in 2022. Abbott also told his supporters he will cut property taxes, protect the oil and gas production business in Texas from President Joe Biden, escalate the battle against fentanyl crossing the border and classify Mexican drug cartels as terrorist organizations. .results_table { width: 100%; In Hidalgo County, Vallejo outpaced De La Cruz by a vote of 51,312 to 39,604, unofficial results showed. For additional information on candidate ballot access requirements in Texas, click here. The rosters areunofficial and are subject to change. For lieutenant governor of Texas, Democrat Mike Collier led in the county with 76,459 votes, followed by Republican incumbent Dan Patrick with 55,926 votes and Libertarian Shanna Steele with 4,005. Registration forms are available at City Hall or at the Hidalgo County Voter Registrar's Office (318-2570) in Edinburg. Cortez first took over as judge in 2018. For the older population: not a nursing home, but a medical home for older veterans and their spouses that need to downsizing. I served two years from 2013 2015. City Directory box-sizing: border-box; height: 50px; I would be Captain America, because I love America, I believe I have a civic duty to serve America, and I will do whatever is necessary to serve and protect my county. The greatest challenge to America in the next decade is to return and restore America to it's People. To read this candidate's full survey responses, click here. For overseas and armed forces electors only: .votebox_legend { border-top: 1px solid #aaa; } Due to the large size of the roster files, it is recommended to right click the roster link and then select Save Target As as opposed to opening the file with a left mouse click. } That you are by the people, with the people and for the people so that one can create a safe, secure, independent and prosperous community. Total 2163. (b) For each person listed, the applicable roster must include: (1) the person's name, address, and voter registration number; (2) an identification of the person's county election precinct of registration; and (3) the date of voting or the date the ballot was mailed to the person, as applicable. [A presidential election] does drive more voters out to the polls, Salinas said. } Lina Hidalgo (@LinaHidalgoTX) February 15, 2022 Secretary of State John Scott, who was appointed to serve as the state's chief election officer by Abbott in October, told the Associated. After an extended Election Commission Meeting and interviewing two final. There was a 40-minute wait to cast a ballot. Thank you, God bless you, and God bless Texas. Bsqueda de actividad de boletas por correo SAMPLE BALLOTS } .votebox { .votebox-scroll-container { font-weight: bold; Early voting will begin Monday, May 16, 2022 and will run through Friday, May 20, 2022. document.getElementById('leg-hnt-content64038bc86d9d3').classList.add('leg-hnt-hide'); In the Republican race, del Moral Mealer. The results have been certified. font-weight: 500; Lunes, 17 de enero 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Jueves, 6 de enero 8:00 AM 6:00 PM .results_row td { margin-right: 12px; The election for places 5, 6, and 7 shall be held in 2022, 2025, 2028, and in three-year intervals thereafter. Mircoles, 5 de enero 7:00 AM 7:00 PM .leg-hnt-responsive-columns { Three years of Democratic trifectasTwenty years of Republican trifectas z-index:1; .election_results_text { This election was a battleground race. .race_footer { a[aria-expanded=true] .fa-chevron-right { Is there a book, essay, film, or something else you would recommend to someone who wants to understand your political philosophy? The Oscars will air on ABC and can be streamed on ABC.com and the ABC app as well as Hulu + Live TV, YouTube TV, AT&T TV or FuboTV. Your email address will not be published. } Texas gained two U.S. House districts following the 2020 census. The results have been certified. Do you want a spreadsheet of this type of data? margin: 3px 0; It also includes a bulleted list of links to official lists of endorsements for any candidates who published that information on their campaign websites. .inner_percentage.Green { As per Section 52.008 of the Texas Election Law, sample ballots may only be printed in yellow paper. 40th Annual Election Law Seminar for County Election Officials (2022) Preparing for the November Election (Calendar Overview) (PDF) Demystifying Risk-limiting Audits (PDF) About the Secretary of State's Office (PDF) Elections 101 (PDF) Secretary of State Updates (PDF) Limited Ballots and Provisional Voting Which and When? (updated 03/4/2022). I am the only candidate running that is pro-womens health rights.About me: (i) The early voting clerk for a primary election or the general election for state and county officers shall submit to the secretary of states Internet website information describe by Subsections (g) and (h). The community and its members are financially independent and free from governmental assistance. EARLY VOTING SCHEDULE Early Voting Starts on February 14, 2022 to February 25, 2022 ELECTION DAY SCHEDULE Democratic Party Election Day Schedule Republican Party Election Day Schedule Election Day is on March 1, 2022 Clink on the Icon Below, to Check on your Mail in Ballot Status. Tuesday, January 11th 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Districtwide, with 100% of 232 precincts reporting, Gonzalez led with 70,759 votes, or 52.71%, to Flores 59,404. These rosters are posted in xlsx format and can easily be imported into a spreadsheet or database program. } .multi-survey-header { Hidalgo's top three staffers are under indictment and law } } } I will run a Zero Sum Campaign. I will take that frustration away and turn it into independence, liberty, and security for RGV. EARLY VOTING ROSTERS (Texas Election Code Section 87.121). Roll Call, "Texas election is GOPs chance to prove how midterm winds are blowing," April 11, 2022; Vote Dan Sanchez, "About Dan Sanchez," accessed May 30, 2022;Dan Sanchez Law, "About Dan Sanchez'', accessed May 30, 2022, Submitted Biography: "I have voted Republican for a few time in the general but Ive always acknowledge myself as an Independent. } Covid- your choice if u want it or not. He served as a Veterans Field Representative for the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) of the House in the 27th Congressional District of Texas from 2013-15. @media only screen and (min-width: 600px) { .mw-content-ltr td.votebox-results-cell--text, (h) Information on the roster for a person who votes an early voting ballot by mail shall be made available for public inspection as provided by Subsection (i) not later than 11 a.m. on the day following the day the early voting clerk receives a ballot voted by mail. Source. The last 15 months have tested our community in ways most of us have never been tested before.. day a person may register to vote in the May 1, 2021 Election. Conforme a seccion 52.008 de el Codigo de Eleccion de la ley de Texas, las boletas de muestra solatemente pueden ser imprimidas en color amarillo. Clink on the Icon Below, to Check on your Mail in Ballot Status. text-align: center; } Thursday, January 6th 8:00 AM 6:00 PM padding: 2px 0; Precincts Fully Reported. One Harris County race in particular is raising eyebrows. !function(){"use strict";window.addEventListener("message",(function(e){if(void 0!==e.data["datawrapper-height"]){var t=document.querySelectorAll("iframe");for(var a in e.data["datawrapper-height"])for(var r=0;r