Deb Repeat the procedure with 2 more tablespoons of oil and remaining potatoes. Create two layers of the beef, potatoes, soup mixture and cheese in the dish. It deserves to be in the spotlight as much as other more well-known cuisines do. In stead of the onion used a 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder. The hearty casserole starts off with a Montreal steak-seasoned ground beef mixture. Brush bottom of casserole dish lightly with melted butter. Im so glad you all enjoyed this! I substituted coconut milk for the milk and used cassava flour. Add in the onions. Directions. Hi Blair. potato/beef/cheese layers. Made this tonightVERY flavorful and my family loved it. has been officially updated make that UPGRADED to skillet meal status! Then remove the foil, add the Corn Flake topping, and return to the oven (uncovered) for about 10-15 more minutes. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until lightly browned. This recipe is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much for sharing it! While Im not able to respond to every comment, I try hard to answer any questions that havent been addressed in the post, recipe or in other comments.I can tell you now 1) I have no idea if you can substitute Minute Rice or brown rice in my recipes because Ive never used them and 2) If I know how to convert a recipe to a Crock Pot version, I will make a note about it (otherwise, I dont know).And though I may not respond to them all, I do read each and every comment and I LOVE to hear from you guys! Cut all of the ingredients in half and bake the casserole in an 8-inch square dish. You can use any ground protein that you prefer for this Pioneer Woman Hamburger Potato Casserole. Either way works! Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This looks like an excellent Au Gratin casserole even without the hamburger. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, Mix the soup, garlic powder, pepper, stock and cream in a bowl. 1 hr 25 min. Do you have ham in your freezer minutes or until potatoes are tender and dish is light golden Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Drain and set aside. They are fine and they look wonderful. Webdirections Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Season with a little bit of salt, to taste, turn the potatoes, and cook for 3-4 more minutes, until lightly browned on the other side. potatoes with salt and pepper. You can replace the cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup with condensed cream of onion, cream of bacon, or cheddar cheese soup if you prefer. 3. Drizzle the top of the casserole with the extra 1/2 cup dressing, garnish with extra pickles if desired, and serve. I put in a teaspoon each of granulated garlic & McCormick's hamburger seasoning. Stir the ground beef back into the sauce then remove the skillet from the heat and layer frozen tater tots on top. Our house used to be the default party house. Beef stew is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. 5 days of simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime! Preheat oven to 350F. Add in the mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes. 05.11.2020. Dont stir. Individual portions can be reheated in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Pour half the soup mixture over the potatoes. Serve this comfort meal for family dinners, pot lucks, or holiday gatherings and it will be gone before you know it. ground beef, potatoes, garlic powder, salt, mozzarella cheese and 6 more Sweet Enchiladas Madeleine Cocina olives, potatoes, fruit, tomatoes, chili pepper, onion, peas and 18 more. I know people have been enjoying casseroles for decades (myself included!) Arrange a layer of half of the potatoes in the prepared baking dish then spread half the sauce and half the meat on top. Add flour and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. pkg. Repeat the layers once more, ending with the cheese. lutzflcat. Mix the soup, garlic powder, pepper, stock and cream in a bowl. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. This recipe I will keep for sure. I Preheat oven to 400, grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. When hot add the onion and red pepper to the pot. Turned out great. Milk may be too thin Lindatry evaporated milk for the cream (and use the rest to make pudding!). Add in the onions. 10.31.2020. Add flour and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Brown for 3 minutes. I also forgot a broth suggestion. I want to do it again but dice steak up in place of the Hamburger and see how that works. Thank yoU! Tater Tot Casserole Ingredients Lean ground beef 2. Bring to a boil and then reduce then simmer, stirring frequently, until the mixture is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Made it tonight, substituted coconut almond milk for milk, added peas & corn for the hubby. It should be fine! First things first pretend this is the orange, oven-safe cast iron skillet that youre going to see in the rest of the pictures. I made a modified version of this. It is very kid-friendly, and adults like it too! Turn off the Instant Pot. The layers of potatoes, beef, veggies, and corn are sandwiched in a creamy cream of mushroom soup sauce. Sign up for my newsletter and get a free guide with 5 quick-prep dinners you can make tonight. Cut potatoes into thin slices (less than 1/4 inch). Heat the oil in a large skillet, then add the onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Instructions to make to make Ground beef and potato casserole 7 points. Set aside. With simple ingredients like ground beef, onion, cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, canned green beans, and condensed cream of mushroom soup, and of course, frozen tater tots, you can have a hearty meal on the table in no time at all. Mike Chili Tortilla Bake. Makaila Heat the oil in a skillet large enough to hold all of the ingredients over high heat. Season each layer with salt and pepper. 02.24.2022. An easy casserole recipe with ground beef, cheese and potatoes like a So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food Recipe of Speedy Ground beef and potato casserole 7 points. Add in the mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes. In a large soup pot or dutch oven, heat the oil on medium heat. When we do have some downtime, we have to play catch-up with the yard work and I apologize if I make typing mistakes. I made this & the recipe is a good base, but even as one who likes food simple, I knew it needed punching up. I'm confident you will make this at home. This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com. Just remember to keep the potato slices very thin and even in width so that they cook through and become tender by the time the casserole comes out of the oven. Sprinkle in flour then whisk to combine and cook for 1 minute. ), Heidi Step 3 Bake, uncovered at 400 for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Saute until the mushrooms are slightly tender, 3-5 minutes, then add minced garlic and saute for 1 more minute. baking dish. Turned out wonderful and u would never know the potatoes were canned. Remove foil, sprinkle the buttered Corn Flakes on top, and return to the oven (uncovered) for about 10-15 more minutes (or until the topping is golden brown and the potatoes are tender). Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan, and boil for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until just tender. Brown ground beef, salt, pepper and onions. Step 4: Bake it. Add tamari/soy sauce, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, and smoked paprika,turn heat up slightly to bring mixture to a bubble, then turn heat back down to medium andsimmer until just slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. Satisfying and comforting. It literally says 4 pounds potatoes. In the prepared baking dish, spread half of the beef mixture in an even layer. Arrange a single layer of potatoes in bottom of baking dish. Basically, follow the instructions as they are up until Cooking Step 5. Home | What We're Eating | Hamburger Potato Casserole, published on Nov 13, 2020, updated Oct 08, 2022. Massel 7s stock cubes are low fodmap and can be found on Amazon. Garnish with fresh parsley just before serving. Microwave them for about 10 minutes, covered in water, before draining. Drain ground beef, if necessary. Top with 1/4 of the beef mixture and 1/4 of the cheddar cheese. Drain ground beef, if necessary. FIVE STAR recipe! Betsy Always check at the. Season with salt and pepper. 10.11.2021. I know most of you are nodding your head thinking, Welcome! Thank you for reading. Squirt some mustard and diced dill pickles on top. Tries this dish , very tasty, granddaughter approved. Husband and I both love to This looks so yummy. Instructions. I just commented that my daughter has Celiac and cannot have the cheese soup as it has wheat in it. They're nice and they look fantastic. So you can either follow me and use unpeeled potatoes or follow the Pioneer Woman recipe and use peeled potatoes for your Hamburger Potato Casserole. Bake, covered, for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Cya ~. Once it's finished cooking, remove the beef from the pan, discard any grease, and wipe out the skillet. Russet roots, or Baking potatoes, have thicker, tougher skin. Stir all of the ingredients together well and continue cooking for 3 minutes. My family loves a side of cornbread, corn muffins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, dinner rolls or biscuits with just about any meal. 1 lb ground beef 1 large onion, chopped 1 Tbsp butter 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour 1/2 cup beef broth 1/2 cup milk 1 can cream of mushroom soup 1/4 cup water 4 medium yellow potatoes, washed and cubed 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded , 2023 The Seasoned Mom. Something that Celiac/allergy folks probably know, but for those avoiding gluten its one of those sneaky things! Pot will heat up, then beep when it reaches pressure. Bake until cheese is melted and edges of casserole is bubbling, about 45 minutes. Once its finished cooking, remove the beef from the pan, discard any grease, and wipe out the skillet. Pour half of the soup mixture over top and sprinkle with half of the cheese. One tip is I didnt add salt to the meat. I cant wait to try it. Otherwise, the cooking steps will be the same. Dump in the green beans (if using). Start by browningground beef, seasoning with salt and pepper then drainand set aside. Drizzle the top of the casserole with the extra 1/2 cup dressing, garnish with extra pickles if desired, and serve. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Next time Ill add water chestnuts! Here are a few easy options to try: And dont forget the bread basket! It caught my eye immediately because this is something that I know Id LOVE. Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. I wouldn't even thaw them. Cover the dish with foil and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 1 hour. Ground Beef And Potato Casserole Without Canned Soup - The pictures related to be able to Ground Beef And Potato Casserole Without Canned Soup in the following paragraphs, hopefully they will can be useful and will increase your knowledge. Instructions. Then sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper and repeat this 3 times. By Career Surf, Ground Beef And Potato Casserole Without Canned Soup. Create two layers of the beef, potatoes, soup mixture and cheese in the dish. Kristin Using russet potatoes in the recipe may require you to peel them before you dice them. Fabulous, Cindy! Sprinkle beef and corn over potatoes. Theyre fun ways to pack in flavor and goodies in one easy-to-make dish. These are some of the best hamburger casserole recipes ever: Welcome to my farmhouse kitchen in the foothills of Virginias Blue Ridge Mountains. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Beef stew is something which I have loved my whole life. About 2 minutes. Serve with some steamed vegetables and some garlic bread. Remove the foil, sprinkle the buttered Corn Flakes on top, and return to the oven (uncovered) for about 15 minutes more (until the topping is golden brown and the potatoes are tender). Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. If you do use it, let me know how it tasted. Wanting to make this for my meal swap groups, do you think it would handle being made in advance and frozen well? I was able to purchase La Choy soy sauce that is labeled gluten free. In a 13x9 casserole, place a layer of potato. Oops! Crush Corn Flakes and combine with melted butter in a small bowl; set aside. Then remove the foil, add the Corn Flake topping, and return to the oven (uncovered) for about 10-15 more minutes. Preheat oven to 350F. You can use really any potato in this Pioneer Woman Hamburger Potato Casserole recipe, Make sure you cut it down to a similar size. Would it work to sprinkle some stove stop dressing in with the potatoes, Hi there! Drain fat and set aside. Tater Tot Casserole is a Midwest classic. 08.25.2020. - Mandy. Brown ground beef, onions, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper together on your stovetop until meat is no longer pink. Its a quick and easy recipe thats ideal for busy weeknights! Copyright Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2022. I checked several times thinking that it had to be a mistake. Cover with foil; bake 45 minutes. 12.04.2021. Turned out great! Preheat the oven to 350F. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Use, Other recipes you can make with garlic salt are. Your email address will not be published. In a bowl whisk together cream of chicken soup, evaporated milk, milk, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and onion powder and set aside. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Add half of the potatoes on top and season with salt and pepper. like this..potatoes, beef, cheese soup mix, potatoes, beef, cheese, soup mix, potatoes, beef, cheese, soup mix.Sorry for such a complicated question, I just dont want to mess up. It also cuts down on the cooking time. lol. I went a little heavier on the veggies and lighter on the meat, and I used Ritz crackers instead of cornflakes. and carry on with the 40leven things I have to get done every day. Sprinkle the beef and corn over potatoes. Add ground beef and onion to a large skillet over medium-high heat, season with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink. Thanks for answering the questioni don't have the evaporated milk eitherso I will try it without. Easy to make main meal and dessert recipes. Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Sprinkle fresh parsley on top of the dish just before serving. This must-try casserole tastes so good when its hot and bubbly from the oven. For the Casserole Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour in milk and stir until well combined.