We did have a delay in security but tried to get to the gate as quick as we could 5 minutes late. First, you can't hold Frontier accountable for who flies with them. You have to pay fees, etc. The charge just appeared on my credit card. Not only did we miss our family celebrations but this trip we didn't take cost us an arm and a leg! A minimum of 500 hours of flight time in jet/turboprop aircraft is needed. I'm sitting here in Atl at the Frontier gate #2, was supposed to board my flight at 1:39 depart at 2:46. Then I have a layover and another 2 hour flight. The constituency of your fellow passengers is not something that the airline makes any promise regarding. Many of the RJs they put you on are old and tired. As I always say want to be convinced society is degenerating, just go to any airport and observe the people On most pure leisure routes Crew seem to have to choose between managing multiple belligerent passengers, leaving on time, and the drama of involving police. "I'm freaking out, dude!" So you thought the flight was too expensive and wish it were cheaper. But, on a leisure route like that, it will almost always be rougher and rowdier than usual, regardless of the ulcc that you choose. Personally I dont fly on them and I can for free . Im a list guy so I keep track of all my airline adventures. Let me be clear, I've never flown one of those so called LCC's but I've booked it for other people who request it. Do you offer Wi-Fi, TV, movies, or other in-flight entertainment? And frontier has done status matches (even from hotels) for a And frontier has done status matches (even from hotels) for a fee, so with the top status all that stuff comes for free and makes it a decent value. 5. We've sent you an email to confirm your subscription. You got unlucky. From what I can tell, Spirit at least offers the option for a large front seat and seems to be a better experience than this. Frontier Airlines Forms Pilot Pathway with ATP Flight School January 25, 2021 DENVER - Jan. 25, 2021 - Frontier Airlines and ATP Flight School have formed a "Frontier Direct Program" targeting ATP graduates and CFIs for employment as Frontier Airlines First Officers. The stewardesses were ok. Did anyone spill their energy drink on you? Job Work/Life Balance. Some people didnt even bother trying to close the door while using the bathroom. Plus, in the first year on the job a pilot can expect to make more than $100,000. Videos while we waited to board the plane . Not only did they change gates to a separate terminal (requiring to go back through TSA - after buying drinks and snacks that had to be thrown away to go back through TSA again), they didnt communicate with any customers and left people to arrive at the wrong gate to learn it was wrong. I would never fly them again. "borderline offensive" That toilet is nasty..but what did you do if you needed to pee? While movements are happening, and policies have been changed, we need EVERYONE to have the opportunity to express themselves. That's just the nature of flying on any airline, and I've flown the majority of them, even Qantas! Its a pretty lucrative business. This pay scale can range from $59,809 per year (for a new First Officer) to $334,878 per year (for a Senior Captain). They even have a light switch that can be flipped on to alert the store employees that the bathroom needs attention. The plane was relatively new and spotless. The next available one way ticket on Delta cost me over $600. Supervisors are constantly looking for something to write you up about, checking every detail of your uniform, etc. We were told we would not be boarding because we were late. The morning starts at 730am, the afternoon at 130 you go wait in a line to turn in your . Piedmont Airlines Pilot Categories. Unfortunately, AA is permanently ending all ISP service on Sept. 7th due to pilot shortage, leaving only Southwest, Breeze, and Frontier. I flew in six different cities and witnessed them try to extort $100 from almost everyone. My flight from Cancun to Atlanta was canceled (2 hr. They made myself and my sister feel singled as they claimed the flight was overbooked then walked up to our row and said First time flying Frontier was in May of this year won't fly again. Us, Investor What are the sizes and weight limits for bags? Doesn't seem fair to blame Frontier for the kind of passengers that were on that flight. 100% OAK-LAS. I think you are spot on . Privacy Policy, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) & Professional Standards Committee. So Id hardly consider a nearly $300 one-way ticket to be low cost, but it was convenient, and there were no better alternatives. Send me exclusive offers, unique gift ideas, and personalized tips for shopping and selling on Etsy. Are a bunch a flip flop wearing cheapos going to be flying into Tampa? Can I apply my voucher to an existing reservation? And I really like laying over in Portland, Maine, where I take the ferry to the island for different music festivals. I was asked to join a marketing ad meeting one time with a bunch of very high level people (BB) where we went over all of the ads for their "green campaign" a few years ago and was astounded by how patronizing their ads were. Must be able to handle objects weighing up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up-to 20 pounds frequently. The following has been edited for length and clarity. Flight attendant 1 said sorry we didnt know otherwise we would have cleaned it. Flight attendant 2 said, what do you mean theres puke. That terminal. When I went into my checking status again it showed the packages and what they consisted of I showed them they just checked the luggage in with no apology for trying to make me seem I didn't know what I was talking about. Employees in the top 10 percent can make over $56,000 per year, while employees at the bottom 10 percent earn less than $19,000 per year. I've never noticed behavior like this on the DCA-DEN routes. "This policy change will make work more inclusive for . But, if we put the passenger common decency bell curve of all airlines on a single graph, based Ben's job is to inform us. Uniform 1984 - 1986. The comments on this page have not been provided, reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any advertiser, and it is not an advertiser's responsibility to ensure posts and/or questions are answered. That flight is WAY less then what any other carrier was offering mainly southwest that has a nonstop flight on that route which was $299 for that flight. So, what was my beef with the Frontier Airlines experience? If she thought you should pay for your bag, you had to. Summer uniform 1984 - 1986 previous: back to: airline index / top of page: I get paid to travel the world, and I can't imagine doing anything else. document.getElementById( "ak_js" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Everything was good until one of workers in airplane was sooooo rude to me, just because didnt hear what he said!!!! Gotta say your review was way, way off the mark and very unfair to Froniter. Due to them cancelling my flight for no stated reason, I was given the option of a refund or a two day wait for my return home to the San Francisco Bay area from Minneapolis. We flew from SEA to DEN on a red-eye. After all the extra fees, its pretty much the same cost as any other airline but sadly I couldnt find any other departure times that worked for us. AFA is working with other aviation unions, and PRIDE@Work to identify these issues together and make sure that we are protecting all Flight Attendants so that we are able to be seen and heard and are able to dress in the way that makes us feel seen in our place of work. Our airline solutions ensure a stylish and professional look. Frontier Airlines Pilots - M&H Uniforms Frontier Airlines Pilots Stock photos in use. IN-PERSON INTERVIEW Next, we will invite you to an in-person hiring event. I never fly this airline and had to for a quick direct flight. On paper its great! After the last time (RT ATL to DEN), my spouse and I decided never again. Customers will soon be able to shop an array of fun Frontier-branded merchandise and purchase apparelwith your favorite Frontier plane tail. Do they suck? Rude, pushing way up to door after landing at gate etc. We have been impressed with the caliber of candidates we have seen. Etsy is powered by 100% renewable electricity. At least you can get free water from a bottle not the gross tank like spirit! Worst of all? Currently 16.7 Pilots Per A/C currently. I THOUGHT I knew what to expect. is committed to Low Fares Done Right. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company operates 120 A320 family aircraft and has the largest A320neo family fleet in the U.S. Sounds like I made the right call. But you can't blame the airline for their passengers. They tell you what to wear, information on hotel etc. Last month, nine motorists got stranded in a blizzard in Sweetwater County, One person was killed and an unknown number of injuries, It's deja-vu all over again at the Cheyenne airport. Frontier made me lose 2 days of vacation. 28 of pitch? How to become an Alaska Airlines Pilot in 2022? Yes! Flying for the first and last time. After receiving PPL Certificate, you will undertake Instrument Rating (IR) training to fly in all weather conditions. I asked the agent why the company doesn't just go out of business if they can not keep their planes flying. When my time came to check in, they told me I missed the flight and they already made the last calls for it. I study constantly, and about a month before my recurrent check ride, I dive in harder. Up to 35 cadets per month to be accepted, no prior flying experience required. Agents, Inflight The Spanish worker kept saying racist things. I asked the agent why the company doesn't just go out of business if they can not keep their planes flying. May I bring a service animal or an emotional support animal with me on the plane? But I digress. This is spot on. I'd say I've seen around a 50% increase in incidents, usually from passengers who refuse to wear their mask or get too drunk. Career Progression via Pilot Pathway Program. Makes stretch seating quite pleasant and arguably better than AA MCE. Ever Dreamed of Being a Commercial Airline Pilot? Cons. If my fellow passengers behave well and avoid peeing all over the bathroom, then we are definitely in gold star territory. Because I fly them so often, I also get free baggage and seat selection, which I believe Im a list guy so I keep track of all my airline adventures. Every airline will have some passengers that are highly decent and others without any decency -- so, it would be unfair to say "all passengers of airline X." Fluency in English Language (Reading, Writing and Speaking) is a must. Think twice about using this airline! The coach bathrooms on American are just as gross. To make a long story short We drove back to our house (three hours away) and did not receive our luggage until 8 days later. Heading back from Puerto Rico to Atlanta. Those were the bottom of the barrel people. Found out Orbitz had a disclaimer about frontier being a low fare airline so any claim or credit was to be done directly with frontier. Flying Frontier from Midwest to Orlando, we still have clapping on landing like 75% of the time. Yes the plane interiors could use some work. (2023), United MileagePlus Business Card Benefits 2023: From Free Checked Bags to Lounge Access. Frontier works best when they fly frequently from your home airport. Tattoos are permitted on the arms, legs, wrist, and feet and must be no larger than a credit card. I worked for them for about a year in a small station SNA. I think he thinks it is funny, but I continue with the convo just cuz I'm curious why he felt so comfortable saying those things to me. Recommend. These carriers are like the greyhound of the skies. A private pilot license allows you to fly for fun, meaning you aren't allowed to profit from piloting. Frontier Airlines - Flying Made For Everyone JOIN OUR TEAM Work Here Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, we operate more than 100 A320 family aircraft and have the largest A320neo fleet in the Americas, serving approximately 120 destinations in the U.S., Caribbean, Mexico and Central America But its so incredibly cheap already that youre disgusted by the people who can afford it, presumably because the threshold for entry has been set too low. Ive flown a few dozen flights on Frontier over the years. On half a dozen flights I've had the first two rows to myself and the front attendants have been great. I flew Frontier Airlines for the first time, and it was pretty bad. Above, a masked flight attendant passes out refreshments on a . As for the signage, you must have had a lot of free time to even notice them! My night rating allows me to fly after sundown. When I book through an Online Travel Agency, how do I ensure I receive flight alerts and updates? ", Added Brad Lambert, Vice President of Flight Operations for Frontier Airlines, Frontier is proud to partner with premier flight schools such as ATP to ensure the quality of our future pilot supply. Opinions expressed here are the authors alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. I'm available to answer their questions and concerns, and I also try to update them every 15 minutes. First of all, you will acquire a Private Pilot License (PPL) Certificate to build the foundation for more advanced training, certificates and ratings. It sounds like the flight itself worked perfectly fine. Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines airline, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with . The fare was $140 one-way, and that included virtually nothing. If you familiarize yourself with their business model and take advantage of their perks then they really arent far from economy/basic economy on many other airlines. Everything sucks. Learn what we are doing to ensure your peace of mind. Theres no puke. May I bring medicine and/or medical devices on the plane? Actually, most of his complaints were with Customers NOT the staff! It is irrelevant whether the union itself has anything to do with the action. No explanation. Frontier Airlines' F9 Pilot Cadet Program is the newest carrier-backed training scheme in the industry. Flight attendants restrained a passenger to his seat with duct tape during a Frontier Airlines flight last week after he allegedly punched and groped crew members and cursed . There is no secret of all the problems most of us have had with HPI Uniform Company, such as, but not limited to: - missing our orders when returns are needed - sending wrong sizes - sending old uniform pieces - bad uniform How do I add my FRONTIER Miles number to my existing reservation? Tamps sucks. The comments have to do what you think of the other passengers. The flying is done with reference to the instruments inside the aircraft rather than with visual references outside. SW is the lowest I will go, and lately they have been testing my patience and ability to endure poor and unreliable service. The crew told him over and over he couldnt take that in there, but he kept trying. Yes I agree then, Frontier should dramatically raise the fares because they are flying the newest fleet of airplanes of any airline and eventually you and your fellow passengers who would then complain that its too expensive, might stay home and thereby not ruin the experience for those of us who have to fly very regularly. Terminal E, gate E4 at the Philly airport for those wondering. Lately the only airline Ive flown in the last 4 years has been United which has been great when I buy business class. When I contacted Frontier, customer service apologized and offered me $10 off of the next flight. What do I need to know if I am traveling with a small child? Over and over and over and over. We all try to take the flight that gets us from point A to B the quickest. I never fly this airline and had to for a quick direct flight. When I check in at the kiosk, it says that I'm too early!!! Ticket was $89. Search Start typing to see products you are looking for. i mean, tampa does tend to have pretty rowdy crowds, so its not too all surprising honestly. This type of data sharing may be considered a sale of information under California privacy laws. He gets tested regularly on flying and says getting to travel is the best part of the job. Yes - I moved to Denver in 2003 and they were the best in town, by a lot (this was before Southwest really became big in DEN too). The reason they do it is because there are a lot of gullible people who think we have the ability to change the climate and environment. Washington, D.C. (February 21, 2023) The Association of Flight Attendants-CWA (AFA),. I flew from about 2005-2009 on frontier probably 100 times and never had issues and flight crew were friendly and always Frontier used to be decent, I used to fly with frontier from California Out of Santa Maria and or Santa Barbara nonstop to Denver Or to Las Vegas and it was always MD80 series jets and the planes were comfortable those planes did have entertainment systems and they did have charging ports and etc. I flew Frontier to a work conference. Their staff includes over 3,000 professionals. When I check in at the kiosk, it says that I'm too early!!! I have a 39 dollar credit but I will not ever use this airline. Regulations (FAR-AIM) Private Pilot Helicopter Pilot Instrument Rating Flight Instructor Commercial Pilot Airline Transport Pilot FAA Study Packs . Must maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance. A lot of routes have this customer base with Frontier and Spirit. The airline intends to accept 35 candidates per month into the 24-month training program . Applicants must hold a minimum of 1,500 hours of total flight time. 45 min. I found it odd that most we African Americans that this lady was flagging. Stains on the carpet. From the Bay area, which is going to be worse? @Lucky I've been in touch with customer service all the way to the executive level. $8.80, $11.00 *Prices found by others for one-way flights within the past 48 hours. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. This is more than our slogan - it's our driving way of thinking. The people, and that the whole experience feels kind of patronizing and unprofessional. He asked, "What are you saying?" The use of these aircraft, Frontiers seating configuration, weight-saving tactics and baggage process have all contributed to Frontiers continued ability to be the most fuel-efficient of all major U.S. carriers when measured by available seat miles (ASMs) per fuel gallon consumed. I recommend a non-stop flight and only bring a carry-on if you can manage it. No one slept either. Jan 10, 2019. I flew frontier and witnessed people on the floor in the isle way taking naps - wtf !?! Our trip was for a niece's wedding, family reunion and gender reveal. It is only when we all band together and work together that we can rally against the walls of division to create a progressive culture that valuessocial and economic justice for all working people. Oversize and overweight baggage fees are waived for the first two free checked bags. Time to camel up and hold on until you land. While we do try to list all the best miles and points deals, the site does not include all card companies or credit card offers available in the marketplace. We follow through on this commitment through our obligation to Low Charges Done Well. The boarding staff on the return trip were amazingly rude and completely detached and forcing all zone 3 customers to place their hand bags in their sizing basket which is inches smaller than any other carrier.. many customers were forced to pay 100$ per hand bag for a strap not fitting in etc I was talking in Spanish to a Spanish worker (just cuz I can). Us, Optional Where can I see if the route I want to fly runs seasonally? What times do I need to keep in mind to ensure I make my flight? I've never felt I could do a better job. The ultra-low-cost carrier is one of the few hiring pilots during . WTF?! This pay scale can range from $59,809 per year (for a new First Officer) to $334,878 per year (for a Senior Captain). I knew full well going into it that it was going to be unique and it sure was flying BDL-MIA. Look, I have pretty low expectations of the traveling public, and Ive seen some things in my years of flying. Philadelphia to Phoenix tonight and was so annoyed by experience I had to see if others had similar situations. Because they remind you all from whence you came! Due to them cancelling my flight for no stated reason, I was given the option of a refund or a two day wait for my return home to the San Francisco Bay area from Minneapolis. 1. Breeze Airways Pilot Requirements, Salary (Apply in 2022). Frontier airline is completely outsourced to 3rd party handlers. For example, to fly for an airline, you need an airline-type pilot certificate, which has more requirements like 1,500 hours of flight time instead of the basic 250 for the commercial license. Will I be charged a fee to cancel my reservation? A flight attendant came up to him before takeoff and started yelling at him to put the seat back; she was yelling so loud that he couldn't tell what she was saying. Original Price $49.00 The pilot bases are displayed in the table below.LOCATIONAIRPORTDenver, ColoradoDenver International Airport (DIA)Las Vegas, NVHarry Reid International Airport (LAS)Chicago, IllinoisChicago OHare International Airport (ORD)Tampa, FloridaTampa International Airport (TPA)Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaPhiladelphia International Airport (PHL)Orlando, FloridaOrlando International Airport (MCO)Mercer County, New JerseyTrenton-Mercer Airport (TTN)Miami, FloridaMiami International Airport (MIA). I dont care if I have to pay triple. I've flown Frontier several times, mostly from DCA to DEN. How to become an Allegiant Air Pilot in 2022? With a free checked bag, free carry-on, and free seat selection, find out why our Bundles are the best deal for you. That means finding a roundabout way to get to Tampa, and that can get really frustrating if I'm desperate to get there by a certain time to make my own flight. It looked like he had a phone charger in his bag of stuff. Frontier really is a whole different animal, isnt it? This can be located on the "My Account" link, and then select "Profile". The workers are full of racist people. Will I be charged a fee to change my reservation? Let me try to (delicately) discuss both of those topics. My expectations were zero though. How to become an American Airlines Pilot in 2022? Out of the 20 frontier flights I attended in the last 2 years I can say there was never a cancellation. These carriers are like the greyhound of the skies. At the time they had a promo going, where kids fly free. How do I use a Voucher or ETC (Electronic Travel Certificate)? I don't care who you are, or what you're riding. Did you just get unlucky? Austin Flat Front Regular Fit Sharkskin Black Pants, Austin Flat Front Regular Fit Tropical Black Pants, Austin Flat Front Regular Fit Sharkskin Admiral Blue Pants, Austin Flat Front Regular Fit Sharkskin Blue Pants, Bryce Pleated Comfort Fit Sharkskin Black Pants, Bryce Pleated Comfort Fit Tropical Black Pants, Cody Flat Front Slim Fit Sharkskin Black Pants, Cody Flat Front Slim Fit Tropical Black Pants, Joe Flap Pocket Short Sleeve Tapered Shirt, Sterling Tapered Flap Pocket Short Sleeve Shirt, Sterling Regular Flap Pocket Short Sleeve Shirt.