Have you played ss frets? These tweaks may be difficult to spot at first glance, but they make a huge difference when it comes to overall playability. With a new collection of colours, re-voiced pickups & upgraded features. Sporting flexible electronics and forward-thinking hardware appointments, as well as a few ergonomic construction tweaks, these innovative instruments are aimed at the most of modern of musicians yearning for ultimate precision and uncompromising tone. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. I figure if I dont like it, I can return within the 30 or 45 day window. The light weight, punchy tonal qualities and stunning grain pattern of Roasted Pine makes it a more than worthy alternative though! The same core Fender models that form the American Professional II lineup are also what prop up the American Ultra series. Personally, I just LOVE the Dark Night color and can't say no to it. The Fender American Ultra Stratocaster is a modern take on the traditional strat with every luxury you could think of. The most noteworthy of these are Fender-designed Deluxe locking tuners fitted as standard on the electric guitar models. Fender American Ultra Stratocasters: Whether your guitar has a standalone one or a bridge that works like one too, you might be interested in broadening your knowledge about tailpieces here: The Fender American Professional II Stratocaster has a bone nut. So does the original AmPro not have the rolled edges? The Fender American Professional II Stratocaster has Fender Standard Die-cast tuners, Fender V-Mod II Single-coil pickups, and Coil-tapping (HSS), Neck pickup blend (SSS) electronics. In these articles, I dive deep into how important are frets for a guitar. With balanced Alder bodies bolted to bright-sounding Maple necks, this classic construction design yields the snappy and articulate tones that Fender instruments are so renowned for. The truth is that Fender American Professional II Jazzmaster offers an exceptional quality. Pattern Regular The action you just performed triggered the security solution. The Fender American Ultra Stratocaster is built with a 2-Point Fender Deluxe Synchronized Tremolo bridge. Fender American Professional II HSS Strat and Telecaster Deluxe guitars come equipped with newly-voiced V-Mod II Double Tap humbuckers too, which perfectly complement Fenders V-Mod II single-coils. Their Telecaster cousins come installed with completely redesigned Top Loader/String-Through bridges, which allow you to thread their strings either through their bodies or from their bridge plates. Do fret size and material affect tone and playability? Its clear that Fenders American Professional II and Ultra instruments are exceptional. There are many kinds and materials of nuts out there, and if you want to know how they can impact your instrument of choice, you should go to this article: The Fender American Professional II Stratocaster has Fender Standard Die-cast tuners. Andertons Guitar & Bass YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/kRJCpb It states rolled fingerboard edges as a new feature, but I thought the Pro-Standards have had that for quite some time. The Fender American Ultra Stratocaster is built with a Stratocaster body. Knowing the differences between each joint can help you decide which is best for you. American Original 70's Tele Custom neck finish, Cap outer foil tester build -- Peegoo Custom Special. The Stratocaster wears the American Ultra's contemporary stylings well. The Ultra model has a 6-saddle bridge whereas the Pro II has a 3-saddle bridge design. Press J to jump to the feed. However, if you take good care of a guitar, storing and maintaining it properly, even a cheap one, it should last decades. Fender American Professional II Stratocaster Left-Hand 61,200 68,000 Fender American Professional II Telecaster 61,200 - 64,800 Fender American Professional II Stratocaster HSS 63,000 - 66,600 Fender American Professional II Stratocaster 61,200 - 64,800 However, there are less total colour options available compared to the American Professional II series which has an eclectic mix of both traditional and modern finishes. The versatility of the new American Professional II Fender Jazz Bass (or J Bass) comes to life thanks to twin V-Mod II single-coil Jazz Bass pickups and its HiMass vintage bridge for increased sustain. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. If you want to know more about how these kinds of bodies affect these guitars, you can check out this article: The Fender American Professional II Stratocaster has a Stratocaster body. But the pickups are an easy fix and the S1 series / parallel switching is pretty cool, I think the ultra just has a D shape neck, the elites had a C to D. Id suggest going to your local shop and checking them out, lefty or otherwise youll still get to see and feel them. Wound differently to their older counterparts, Fender describes its V-Mod IIs as some of the best sounding pickups it has ever made promising extra note definition and more mid-range punch. Only some minor updates have been executed. Comfortable for modern players and vintage aficionados alike, these acclaimed neck profiles have now been enhanced with a new Super Natural finish that provides a silky-smooth and friction-free feel. Here, I explore some of these considerations and what I think are the main points to take into account: The Fender American Professional II Stratocaster is a tool for the working musician that embodies the original Fender spirit with a slightly modern touch. GearAficionado is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn revenues by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. And my plan is to drive to the nearest shop that carries them (2.5 hours away), test a couple out, then buy a used one online if I liked how it played. There are 6 main PRS neck profiles: It may not display this or other websites correctly. I recently bought a 2017 AmPro HH RW Strat and was quite blown away by the playability and feel of the neck. A high end fender is totally worth the cost. American Elite. This gives them a sleeker and more elegant feel when compared with their American Pro II cousins. It is the traditional Bolt-on fitting with a scale length of 25.5 inches and has the usual Fender satin finish giving it a smooth feel. On the Ultra Tele youll find noiseless pickups unlike on the Pro II model. The whole instrument has been thought out and designed in painstaking detail, all the way down to the embossed Fender headstock logo and extra comfortable trem arm.. At no extra cost to you, any purchases you make through any of these links will earn me a commission. Tailpieces are often forgotten when thinking about guitar parts, however, they have been there for centuries, and there are many different designs with alternate features. Holy ****, manI just looked and youre right. You'll find Stratocasters, Telecasters, Jazzmasters, Jazz Basses and Precision Basses, along with a few tweaked instruments that include HSS Strats, Tele Deluxes, 5-string basses and even a few fretless models. Guitar players know that there are many variables in determining the sound of a guitar. Most of the CS Relics have VERY THIN nitro finishes while the AM Pro has a much thicker (compared to CS) poly finish. Fender American Professional II Stratocaster Rating: 9/10 The American Ultra series encompasses Fender's most advanced, forward-thinking instruments to date. The American Professional II range has replaced Fenders entire American Pro lineup, of which took over from the venerable American Standard series in 2017. I see the II had a different profilehavent played it yet, but I prefer thinner necks and deep c sort of scares me at face value. I dont notice much difference between the supernatural and the original AmPro finish. Fender American Pro II Jazzmaster in 3-Tone Sunburst | https://tinyurl.com/yxz8kalr Could these be the best guitars Fender has ever made? Fender Stevie Ray Vaughan Stratocaster. The pickups on the American Professional II Telecaster sound crunchier and fuller compared to the brighter sounding noiseless pickups on the Ultra Telecaster which do not suffer from humming and feedback. As time has gone on, a lot of frustrating issues have popped up with that guitar, mostly due to how cheap it is. With free UK delivery on all orders containing only a T-Shirt, Hoodie or Jumper & super low international shipping costs, there is no better time to be an Andertons fan than now! However, theres no single answer to whether a lighter or heavier guitar will sound better than the other. But ultimately, these small refinements bring these instruments more up-to-scratch for contemporary musicians looking for greater tonal flexibility and added playing comfort. The neck was super smooth. [Nitro vs Poly], Different neck tonewoods and their effect on tone, Guitar neck shapes guide [Playability and tone], Does a guitars headstock shape affect its tone? American Ultra guitars and basses are unique in the Fender catalogue for their non-typical Modern D-shaped necks. In the following article, I dive deep into the most common questions players ask about tuners, and their functionality: Guitar pickups are one of the main components of any electric guitar. A guitars neck joint is what attaches the guitars neck to the body of the instrument. Andertons Synths, Keys & Tech YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/ns172M 22:14 Fender American Pro II Jazzmaster Shop all Fender American Pro II Jazzmasters | https://tinyurl.com/yxwtylto Today's best Fender Telecaster deals Fender American Professional II 1,619 See all prices Fender Richie Kotzen Telecaster 2,091.54 See all prices We check over 250 million products every day for the best prices Best Telecasters: Product guide (Image credit: Squier) 1. This design also helps to prevent notes from fretting out when performing string bends, making it a very practical design. In this article I'll be comparing the SE and S2 lines and the reasons why the S2 models are significantly more expensive Hey, welcome Pro Sound HQ. to switch position 1 which means that you can somewhat mimic a Telecasters pickup configuration. It is a central part for the transmission of vibrations through the instrument, and also defines many important factors for playability such as string spacing and action. However, American Ultra bodies are heavily-contoured at the rear around their lower horn, neck and belly-cut sections. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. This requires removing the bridge from the instrument but should allow the arm to pop in and out easily. The function of this switching varies for the Strat, Tele and Jazzmaster so Ill discuss them later in the article when we look at each shape individually. Yet, one of the most popular debates is about nitro vs poly. If you like old-school Fenders these guitars really arent for you! A guitars bridge is one of the 2 points of contact the strings have with the body and neck. American Professional II guitars have a deep C neck profile and 9.5 fretboard radius, whereas American Ultra models have a modern D neck profile with a 10-14 compound radius fretboard. After that, I will show you some sound tests I found, and give you a brief history of each one of them. Finally, we will help you compare different models and make an informed decision about which pickup is right for you. Here is a table highlighting the differences between the Fender American Professional II and American Ultra Stratocaster models. Fender American Ultra Strat Maple Fretboard Ultraburst - https://tinyurl.com/yyouf2rz If it aint broke, dont fix it right? S2 The Pro 2 is probably the more traditional 'stratty' of the two, but both play really well. Your IP: It's a bit expensive, but it sounds, looks and feels incredible. https://tinyurl.com/y6a22s4k Making them apt for use with overdrive and high-gain amp settings, these noise-free pickups eliminate a common issue that has afflicted old-school Fender single-coils for years. The blues virtuoso's 'Number One' Strat was the core of his tone . If you manage to get an open box or display model for cheaper than a new guitar, you'll see barely any downside when you try to sell it. However, because they are hidden inside the cavities into its body, they are often forgotten. It may not display this or other websites correctly. JavaScript is disabled. Fender American Ultra Strat HSS Maple Fretboard Arctic Pearl - https://tinyurl.com/y6ar99k4 #Andertons #Fender #AmericanProII, https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_0nq4xgWJ3U/default.jpg. Fender American Professional II vs American Ultra Stratocaster The American Professional II Stratocaster has warmer sounding pickups with a higher output and more mid-range emphasis compared to the noiseless pickups on the Ultra Strat which sound brighter and cleaner. I didn't like mine until I raised them to spec, they came installed about 3/16" from the strings, far too low. Youll also find narrow tall frets on the Pro II and medium jumbo frets on the Ultra. The neck is reinforced with Posiflex graphite rods, while 20 narrow-tall frets make it easy to bend notes into submission. Thanks. It was REALLY HARD to leave the store without that Strat. These new Strat (opens in new tab), Tele (opens in new tab), Jazzmaster (opens in new tab) electric guitars and Precision and Jazz Basses come with some notable new features, including brand new switching options.. All American Ultra guitars have enhanced body contours on the back of the guitar which are designed to make them more comfortable. That's a good way to put it - the American Pro II (and American Ultra) necks are for lack of a better term "even more rolled" than what Fender was doing previously. Been a while since I had my AmPro though. This includes a vibrant Miami Blue, as well as stealthy Dark Night and Mercury colours that are akin to Fenders Strat Plus finishes from the 80s and 90s. The Fender American Performer Stratocaster guitars replace the American Special and include a selection of all-new appointments such as Yosemite single-coil pickups, a push-pull pot to activate the neck/bridge pickup, Greasebucket tone circuitry and new Classicgear tuning machines for smoother tuning action. After a lot of back and forth, I moved from a Squire to an American Professional, skipping the Mexican Player models. I compared it and a Japanese made one that was 30% less and equally enjoyed the feel, only marginally preferred the sound of the Pro. Based on classic designs and subtly-modernised with forward-thinking features, these contemporary guitars and basses can strike a chord with players of all disciplines and styles. Guitars in both series feature a sculpted neck heel to aid upper fret access however, on the Ultra it is more dramatic to give the player even easier access to the upper register. The Fender American Ultra Stratocaster is built with Fender Deluxe Die-cast Sealed Locking tuners. Like the OP, I'm also torn between these two models. Sporting active/passive switches, these allow you to quickly change between vintage and modern voicings with a simple flick, while flexible 3-band EQ systems enable you to precisely sculpt their tones to perfection. 1:25 What's New? A guitar's lifespan is mostly related to how well it is maintained and treated. [Complete wood guide]. Shop all Fender American Pro II Telecasters | https://tinyurl.com/y4o2htq2 The (original) Professional series will be tough to improve on, in my book. Fender American Professional II guitars use V-Mod II pickups whereas American Ultra guitars have Ultra Vintage Noiseless pickups. The push-pull thing seems interesting, although I was never a fan of the S1 switch on other models and thought it a bit gimmicky. For those who have hands-on experience with both: Is the only difference the "Super-Natural" finish on the back of the AmProII neck? With so many options on the market, it can be difficult to make a decision. This material has essentially replaced the Ash body option previously available in the American Pro series, which has now become more difficult to source. Make sure you like them before doing this. The Fender American Ultra Stratocaster has Fender Deluxe Die-cast Sealed Locking tuners, Ultra Noiseless Vintage Strat Single-coil (SSS) / Ultra Noiseless Hot Strat Single-coil (HSS) pickups, and Noiseless, Coil-tapping (HSS), S-1 neck pickup blend electronics. The electronics of an electric guitar are what give the instrument its name. The American Pro II series includes left and right-handed versions of the SS model as well as a HH right-handed version. That being said, I love mine. The PRS range consists of 4 different lines: But looking forward to playing a II. If you have guitar related questions, use the "Search" field FIRST, Then ask the community. If you want to know everything about the effect of guitar body shapes, and their influence on the instrument, check out this article: The Fender American Professional II Stratocaster has a solid alder body. It may not display this or other websites correctly. 23:46 Let's Get Some Tones! Want To Sound Like The Captain & Pete? Interested in other Andertons YouTube channels? Does a guitars nut affect its tone? A fan of '90s rock, vintage Formula 1 and offensive comedy he often feels like he was born in the wrong decade. We will outline how pickups work and what are the central factors that determine how they influence the tone of your instrument. For the last 70 years, Fender has largely set the tone in the guitar industry. Taking Fenders Noiseless design to new heights, the Ultra Noiseless pickups found in the American Ultra models promise classic yet versatile tones without any hum! Strat Talk is the leading online community and marketplace for Stratocaster guitars. Deals. I started playing an electric guitar when I was given a Squier Strat for my birthday around 15 years ago. The American Professional II series includes all the same right-handed versions but also includes some left-handed versions and a humbucker Telecaster model. Designed for modern musicians that seek ultimate performance, precision and tone; these contemporary models go above and beyond those in previous top-of-the-range Fender series' without straying too far from their original, iconic formulas.