Deepz, You need to apply for COS only when you are in Status or have valid I-94, otherwise they will deny the COS. October 12, 2021: The CIS Ombudsmans Office has posted a USCIS Contact Center Tip Sheet to provide guidance on how best to utilize the USCIS phone and online help tools. USCIS continues to work hard to minimize delays. You are using an out of date browser. Cambridge, MA 02139-4037, In-Person/Walk-In Office Hours: Getting the OPT permit can take up to three months. USCIS cannot predict with certainty how LIFO and other administrative measures, as well as external factors such as immigration court backlogs and changes in country conditions, will ultimately affect total application volumes and the attendant resource burdens on USCIS. If the H4 status of the H4 EAD applicant ends, which is based on the I-94 end date, H4 EAD decision is given by USCIS ( approval, denial ), 180 days from the day the H4 EAD Card expires (the expiry date is on the H4 EAD Card). Go to USCIS Case Status Online webpage (https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do) then scroll down to the Related Tools section and you can click on the box Submit a Case Inquiry and complete/submit the inquiry form. I submitted by EAD application in Jan 2nd week. The moment you work, your employer has to maintain your I-9 and be compliant. USCIS website update is not official. @Cake was your H4 applied in premium along with h1b or was it in regular processing and which service center? You qualify for this extension if you: Automatic Extension Time PeriodTemporary Increase to up to 540 Days. If your h4 EAD renewal is approved on the USCIS website but there is delay in receiving the EAD card .. is it ok to continue working ? The rule of thumb is, you cannot work when you do not have status. You will be contacted by the HR Operations Center if you are being selected for a position. Hi All, I m on L1 and have filled L2 EAD for my spouse on 15th Dec, 2020 but I have not yet received receipt for the same nor my money order is en-cashed. February 18, 2021: USCIS released an update on processing receipts of long-pending I-765 applications. You cannot work on H4 EAD receipt notice as a first time H4 EAD Applicant. Between May 4, 2022 and Oct. 26, 2023, inclusive of these dates. OR Do I need to file a new H4 EAD Application and wait for its approval & Card again. Please let me know how I can get more information on this. This is very helpful! Up to 540 days of H4 EAD automatic extension would be given for such applicants, who file for H4 EAD renewals/extensions starting from May 4th, 2022 until October 26, 2023. Some of the attorneys say I cannot work as H4 is going to expire but others say I can work as H4 EAD is valid and the H4 extension is in progress. If USCIS does not provide a response within 30 days from that date to then contact the CIS Ombudsman's Office for case assistance. Department of your application package as possible to employment authorization is received notice is okay. 09/07/21: Receipt / 180-day automatic extension received in the mail. As I said, it is absolutely fine to apply, many apply H4 and EAD together when they file for H1B extension, no issues at all. 2023 Murthy Law Firm. My concern is, whether I should file for H4 EAD extension along with my H1B and H4 right away OR wait till march and only file 180 days before the expiry of current EAD document? It was filed along with H1 transfer in California center, which was later on sent to Vermont center in February (1st). Please reach out again 8 months before the EAD expiration this was 4 months ago and now I am checking if they can initiate extension & surprisingly they are saying As the I-94 has expired, the EAD card is no longer valid and she must wait until she receives the new EAD card. What are my options if H4 EAD doesnt come through on time? Yes, thats better idea, if you can. A separate receipt notification should be received from USCIS to confirm that the application was received. Hi, same here, I applied for my EAD on Jan 2nd week, and still no receipt, nor check has been cleared. When did you apply for H4 and H4 EAD? The following employment eligible categories are eligible for an automatic extension: The eligibility category you listed on your Form I-765 renewal application, Citizen of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, or Palau, Withholding of Deportation or Removal Granted, Spouse of principal E nonimmigrant with an unexpired I-94 showing E (including E-1S, E-2S and E-3S) nonimmigrant status*, Spouse of principal L-1 Nonimmigrant with an unexpired I-94 showing L-2 (including L-2S) nonimmigrant status*, Pending Adjustment of Status under Section 245 of the Act, Suspension of Deportation Applicants (filed before April 1, 1997) Looking for U.S. government information and services? My employer is ready to sponsor for a new H1B for me. Below is the screenshot of the actual 180 days extension policy. This is old rule. However, some of the content may still be useful, so we have archived the page. Hi Kumar I have my h1b till Aug 2023 my current project will be getting over on 11/10/2022 and my employer will not keep me beyond that dat.Recently my h4 and h4 ead got expired on 8/9/2022 can i apply for Cos H1 to H4 and start working in the grace period. After 18 months starting from May 4th, 2022, which is from October 26, 2023, the automatic extension duration for H4 EAD EAD would revert back to 180 days. Will be really helpful if someone answers my above questions. I work at a small firm who are not aware of H4 EAD related situations and I want to abide by law and not work during the entire time in between. Throughout this time, backlogs build and resources continue to be diverted to support programs with processing timelines. How good is to have a 180 days automattic extension if your driver license is expired and you cant drive to work? You can apply in premium and go for it. Display as a link instead, Zeva, No, it is illegal. I-485 Issues Common to All Services Centers, Employment Authorizations (EAD) and Advance Parole. It is usually better to resign and re-join later. If you are eligible for the automatic extension, this receipt notice, together with your expired EAD (and your unexpired Form I-94, if you are an H-4, E, or L-2 dependent spouse, including E-1S, E-2S, E-3S and L-2S class of admission codes) will serve as acceptable proof of employment authorization and/or EAD validity during the up to 540-day automatic extension period. It is a general practice to apply for H4 and H4 EAD along with H1B extensions, so nothing to worry, go for it. (3) Submit an online inquiry with USCIS to notify them that you have not receive the Receipt Notice or Receipt email/text yet. Thanks. Now, it is slightly grey areaIn H1B case, you can work as you applied before expiry upto 240 days Now, H4 it not clear. You must log in or register to reply here. For inquiries unrelated to lockbox processing, please refer to the guidance on the USCIS Contact Center and USCIS Tools web pages to request assistance. I again started working on Oct 17, 2019 when I got my renewed EAD. For degree for any previous status until they received notice not ead renewal was deleted by. H1B & H4 extension applied on March 08 2020 and H1B approved for 3 more yrs & waiting for H4 approval. Yes, usually they look for H4 approval and validity to issue EAD. By browsing our website, you agree to our use of mandatory cookies. I have applied for renewal on 01/12/2021. Did anyone receive the receipt who submitted the application in the last two months? Does one need to take any specific step to rectify? After the case is approved, USCIS will send an approval notice and the EAD. Effective May 4, 2022, DHS is temporarily increasingthe extension period and providing up to 360 days of additional automatic extension time, for a total of up to 540 days, to eligible renewal applicants. I filed my application end of Dec. Havent yet received the recepit! How To Wear Festival Makeup Beyond Coachella. Can USCIS will reject current H4 EAD or I can we get RFE for new application. If you paid by personal check, review your bank account (usually available on your bank account online portal) for a scan of the back of the check. F) What can be future consequences on my H4 EAD extensions we apply for ? . Please continue to the time is used as you take you complete that every request as a continued rise over to ead renewal applicants seeking adjustment applications? @Benimm @bharathi I just wanted to check if all of you have received the receipt notice. Can I apply H4 ead when H4 visa extension is pending and my I 94 is pending. Just writing to see if anyone has specific guidance on this USCIS news. Until what date is it reasonable to wait (& hope) that H4 EAD might come through on time? Can I file H4 EAD extension with H1B and H4 extension applications? The only time an employer may accept a receipt for a pending EAD would be if the receipt is for a replacement of a lost, stolen or damaged documentnot simply an initial document or a renewal . Fluent in 7 languages. It is to prevent illegal or undocumented workers. If you are still not able to get a confirmation of the receipt of your application to USCIS, please contact your ISO Advisor for further guidance. This happened with my wife couple of years ago but our lawyers suggested that as long as you have physical EAD card in hand, you are eligible to work. I did not receive receipt notice yet . (Worried if this solves the problem or just pushes the problem from one application to another) As well as replacing pending ead card renewal ead card must fit when can help. March 20, No biometrics. USCIS will also send case update notices to your mailing address. CEAC Website, Errors Info. I have not received from USCIS the Receipt Notice for my benefit application (e.g. Students that do not receive the receipt notifications from USCIS during the expected time are advised to contact USCIS directly. After your EAD application is filed, USCIS will first issue a receipt notice with the receipt number. Sunny, I did not file anything, it is the users. If you take many out an immigration benefits processing actions on same ead renewal receipt notice. Deepz, No issues. we haven't received any receipt nor our cheque was cashed. But, in general terms as per our lawyer, H4 EAD gets approved only when H4 is approved. . I am just giving guidance. No receipt yet. Thank you again. USCIS appreciates the concerns of commenters and the acknowledgement of the potential projected tax loss stated in the rule. Its been almost 3 weeks and I havent received the receipt notice yet and the check hasnt been cashed. Your link has been automatically embedded. Follow the customer service center operations center has advised to say they are represented by. so I think I will be getting the receipt notice by next week or I may be able to find it once the credit card transaction is posted. Why is there a delay? Once the card expires, she need to stop working. Same here. There is no fee for this with pending adjustment applications. It is better to resign the job. Yes, you can. I have a H1B and H4 valid till feb 2020. How long will it take to get the receipt. The automatic extension time is counted from the expiration date of the employment authorization and/or EAD. Review our. Is there any way to contact them or is it normal during this time that theres some delay? NOTHING has changed. https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/covid-19-delays-extensionchange-status-filings. HI! How to Apply for H4 EAD? This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. ALERT:Certain TPS beneficiaries and applicants who electronically filed Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, did not receive a receipt notice or their receipt notice did not include language about the 540-day automatic Employment Authorization Document (EAD) extension. This, in addition to the restrictions put in place because of the COVID-19 pandemic is causing significant delays for processing receipt notices. Thank You for taking time to answer many questions. What is the current USCIS Processing Timelines? If your spouses loses his or her H-1B job and falls out of status, there is a 60-day grace period with which a new H-1B job can be acquired. STEM extension application pending with USCIS. Where applicable, employment authorization with the same employer, subject to the same terms and conditions of the prior approval, is automatically extended for up to 240 days after I-94 expiration when an extension of stay request is filed on time. GUIDE to Travel to US with valid Visa on Expired Passport ? You cannot paste images directly. DO NOT try to bend rules and get into issues. But, you need to submit the approval, if asked by the officer. EAD expires and you are otherwise eligible for a renewal. However, you still have the potential to qualify if your spouse received an extension on their H-1B status under section 106(a) or (b) of AC21. I applied H1B ext and H4 extension in Dec 2018 in regular processing and got approved in March 2019. When you request OPT, you have to indicate what you would like your EAD start date to be. If you file your STEM OPT extension application on time and your OPT period expires while your extension application is pending, we will automatically extend your employment authorization for 180 days. 1- Did you need to pay a fee for this application? You definitely cannot work without EAD card validityI suggest you speak an attorney and clarify this.. My H4 visa and EAD is expiring on April 29th. Yes, the C26 category of H4 EAD is eligible for 180 days automatic extension and you can work when H4 EAD renewal is pending with USCIS. All the old rules apply. Well, talk to your attorney, if something needs to be doneAs it was really short amount of time and as there is really not much you can do about it now, you can ignore itUsually, when you travel out of the country and re-enter all your status related things get cleared outso, you can consider doing thateither case, talk to your attorney of your spouse and seek advice. This site uses cookies to give you the best possible experience. Now that you have a background, lets look at the actual H4 EAD automatic extension policy. What if I change employers while my STEM extension application is still pending? All Rights Reserved. When checked with USCIS customer care, they are telling that they can not see address on file because it may not have generated the receipt notice yet. https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/employment-authorization-certain-h-4-dependent-spouses. EAD AOS Renewal Receipt Not Yet Received Posted: 17 Jan 2021 My current EAD (AOS) expires on Feb 12th 2021. I have still not received my receipt number. We had this as a separate article, but missed this one. I sent my H4 EAD renewal (I-765) on Oct 12, 2020 via Fedex and the package was delivered on Oct 14th. Your employment authorization and/or EAD validity will automatically resume beginning on May 4, 2022, for any time remaining within the up to 540-day automatic extension period. * For more information on the options available to demonstrate employment authorization for E spouses and L spouses, see E-1 Treaty Traders page (Family of E-1 Treaty Traders and Employees section), E-2 Treaty Investors page (Family of E-2 Treaty Investors and Employees section), E-3 Certain Specialty Occupation Professions from Australia page (Family of E-3 Nonimmigrant Workers section), L-1A Intracompany Transferee Executive or Manager page (Family of L-1 Workers section), or L-1B Intracompany Transferee Specialized Knowledge page (Family of L-1 Workers section). Therefore, the reissued receipt notices will contain: Applicants may present the reissued receipt notice with their expired EAD to their employer as a List A document for the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to show that they are authorized for employment. Can she work till aug 2022 or she should wait for new EAD ? I would return before my H4 expires in September 2023. Now Ive got my H1B extension approved, but I noticed that the H4 & EAD processing time may take way longer than before, so we are not sure if she can transit from F1 to H4 smoothly without pausing employment. When you apply for H4 EAD, either new or renewal, you fill out the I-765 form and for Question 27 in part 2, for the eligibility category, you would have entered (c)(26) like below. czur, No covid-19 exceptions. Thank you Mr. Kumar. I have applied my spouse H4 Extension I539 and H4 EAD with my approved H1B petition. has anyone experienced any exceptions with Employers during this COVID situation? Records Public DKK Tapestry. Elton John Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour. Hi, I sent my H4 EAD renewal (I-765) on Oct 12, 2020 via Fedex and the package was delivered on Oct 14th. You can use this number to track the case status on the USCIS Case Status website. Usually friends around here apply leave a day before expiry for a month and keep extending the leave until it is renewed. The 540 days of automatic extension rule is valid until October 26th, 2023. When can you Apply for H1B Visa Stamping after Petition Approval? You must stop working as soon as your old card expired. previous years we filed at Nebraska service center but this time we sent to USCIS phoneix lockbox becasue we did not see any nebraska center listed to send the application. You must need a valid EAD "plastic" card to both continue working and apply for/obtaining a new DL. Please note that, if you are a TPS beneficiary and your TPS country designation is still current, you are authorized to work. Receipt notice will take 4-8 weeks. First opt and ead renewal receipt notice not received your own minimum number of our office in relation to detect all ead card and that you already reached. DEMANDA DE RECTIFICACION DE ACTA DE NACIMIENTO. DLs expiring during lockdown are auto renewed till Jul 31st. Employers should complete Form I-9 using the same guidance applicable to those who present a Form I-797C Notice of Action receipt notice indicating that the Form I-765 renewal application was filed before May 4, 2022, and that states the normal 180-day automatic extension period. Its not really clear whether it applies to certain categories only unlike the 180 day extension. Employees may present a qualifying List A or List C document of their choosing. mine was also delivered on 14th, and they assigned the recpt #s on 27th and i got the notices for kids. Can I work while H4 EAD Renewal is pending with USCIS? Not sure if this is usual these days to wait almost 4 months. any suggestions is much appreciated, following is the situation for my wife. You must stop working immediately upon receiving notice that your petition was denied, rejected or revoked. L2 EAD receipt not received. I have few scenarios in my mind regarding H4 EAD on which I want some more clarity.