Found more than one record for entered Email, You need to confirm this account before you can sign in. She got a job as a telemarketer for a company that sold magazine subscriptions, rented a room and soon found herself poor, lonely, and depressed. The appellant, on March 23, 1971, pawned three firearms with Rocky's Pawn Shop, 2018 Elm Street, Dallas, Texas: a Model 49, .22 calibre Marlin . He's something else.'. UNLOCK PROFILE. Her first husband, Donald Lee Laisure, purported to be an eccentric Texas millionaire. Erik married wife Tammi in 1998; sources vary, but their wedding cake was either a vending-machine chocolate bar or a Twinkie. 'She's the only woman I ever loved,' said the many-times-divorced Laisure from the mobile service phone in his Cadillac. On June 28, 1968, Donald Lee Laisure Sr., pled guilty to a charge of credit card forgery, a felony under Texas law, in the District Court of Collin County, Texas, and was given five years probation. . "God knows in my heart. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate, or jump to a slide with the slide dots. Associated Addresses 10409 Vincent Rd, White Marsh, MD 21162 Po Box 1014, Greenville, TX 75403 2281 Interstate Highway 30 E, Greenville, TX 75402. And you know, its a very good relationship that I have with him. Thanks for using Find a Grave, if you have any feedback we would love to hear from you. By the end of the night, eight-and-a-half-month pregnant Tate and four others were found brutally murdered. Someone please commission me a piece. We both spent days together having fun watching videos on Youtube and trying to read as much as we could about "Helter Skelter" and the Manson trials. Help us build our profile of Donald Lee Laisure! As manager of this memorial you can add or update the memorial using the Edit button below. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. DALLAS -- The intended bridegroom of convicted Manson family killer Susan Atkins said today he was seeking executive clemency to free his bride-to-be. Whitehouse, her second husband, is a Harvard Law School graduate and had recently served as one of her attorneys. His name was listed in the 2009 Marine Corps Association Directory as a retired four-star General earning the Navy Cross, the Silver Star, and an Air Medal. After the Menendez Brothers became a national obsession thanks to Court TVs broadcast of their trial, it almost made sense that the young, photogenic duo convicted of killing their parents to hasten their multi-million dollar inheritances would attract admirers. The three committed several armed robberies up the west coast, and were eventually caught in Oregon. Hes getting married because hes in love and is having a child there are no hidden agendas.. In 1981, she married Donald Lee Laisure, who had been married at least two dozen times before. The two married in July 2014, having met when Figueroa was visiting another inmate, a relative. Janis Joplin lived just a few doors away and sometimes they heard her sing the blues from their kitchen. Memorial ID. She took a job while still in junior year so she could support herself and Steven. Joran Van der Sloot pled guilty to brutally killing 21-year-old Stephany Flores Ramirez in 2012 in a Lima, Peru hotel room. It later expanded and then moved up to Hollywood in which it was terribly depressing to see it go. Their punishments were reduced to life sentences but death came for Charles Manson. It's going to be a pardon. For memorials with more than one photo, additional photos will appear here or on the photos tab. Miss Atkins was one of the young women lured into the sex, drugs and murder cult of mass murderer Charles Manson, where she was known as Sadie Glutz. Whitehouse, her second husband, is a Harvard Law School graduate and had recently . Please try again later. She had corresponded with Laisure for years, but he had lied to her the whole time. 2023 FOX News Network, LLC. There are no volunteers for this cemetery. Anyone who submits high res scans of such items, will get full credit for their contribution. Tate, the 26-year-old actress who appeared in the movie "Valley of the Dolls" and was the wife of famed director Roman Polanski, was one of seven murdered in two Los Angeles homes during the Manson cult's bloody rampage in August 1969. The experience for me when I entered the museum would probably be best described like dropping acid for the first time. After the murders, he fled to his native Texas, fighting extradition to California. (UPI Photo/Rich Lipski/Files). The Manson Family, with Susan, settled in the Spahn Ranch in Southern California. Verify and try again. Susan, Mary Brunner, and Bobby Beausoleil, took turns smothering Gary Hinman with a pillow after Beausoleil had stabbed him twice. Resend Activation Email, Please check the I'm not a robot checkbox, If you want to be a Photo Volunteer you must enter a ZIP Code or select your location on the map. He served in the Marine Corps in WWII. It wasnt as if I knew him. A self-described multi-millionaire, Laisure reportedly believed Atkins was innocent and shelled out a lot of cash in an effort to free her. He waved a giant Texas flag with a cigar dangling from his mouth and sported a fat money clip of hundred dollar bills. In an interview with the Houston Press, Laisure stated that he got divorced in Cuba, 'signed by Castro himself. Looking back, I see it was a turning point for me. While still in her teens, she ran away to San Francisco where she wound up dancing in a topless bar and using drugs. A 28-year-old woman has been charged with murdering her three young children, including a 1-month-old, inside their East L.A. home, prosecutors announced Wednesday. Atkins admitted to her cell inmates that she killed actress, Sharon Tate. But 40 years after the murders, she learned that few had forgotten or forgiven what she and other members of the cult had done. At some point Donald seems to have a daughter in 1964, and a son with his wife Williamae in 1966. While at Spahn Ranch, Atkins got pregnant with the child of Bruce White, who spent a short stint with the Family. This is just a simple love story.'. This brought more legal trouble, which can be read online, where seemed to argue the verbiage of whether he was really considered convicted or not. Donald insisted that the last thing she and I wanted was publicity. Please ensure you have given Find a Grave permission to access your location in your browser settings. But once they were convicted, the so-called "Manson girls" confessed in graphic detail. 18 Apr 1929. Jay Sebring was born Thomas John Kummer on October 10, 1933, in Alabama. Susan was among the family members who lived in Mendocino California for a short period of time. At the time Atkins said she felt no guilt, but later said she was sorry. Kasabian was said to have served as lookout on the night of the Tate mansion murders. If you have cable, you probably have TruTV, which specializes in comedy gags (Impractical Jokers). There was an error deleting this problem. Sorry! This relationship is not possible based on lifespan dates. 'He's always talking about big oil deals and financial arrangements, but nobody knows where he gets his money,' said Greenville librarian Libby Calwell. Atkins was routinely denied parole despite her changed ways. "It's a great story of a self-made man making it big". 9779 Summit City Rd, Kingsley, MI 49649 (231) 263-3601 (616) 263-3601 33259 Morrison Dr, Sterling Heights, MI 48312 (810) 795-5356 Traverse City, MI Sterling Heights, MI East . We may earn a commission from links on this page. Something that captivated me. US States (36975K) Current Events (51K) Celebrity (272) Exonerated (117) Favorites (421) FBI Most Wanted (848) Gangsters (49) Historical (131) Interpol (1.7K) . "It's just a love story and I'm gonna be with her to the end of time.". In 1987, she tied the knot again, to Harvard law student James Whitehouse, who was 15 years her junior. When people pointed out the strangeness of her choice of spouses, she rolled her eyes. Thanks for your help! Dallas, Dallas County, Texas, USA. In December, Susan went before a Los Angeles Grand Jury and told all. Laisure, who had previously been married 35 times, claimed to be a millionaire, which he wasn't. Meanwhile, a doctor adopted Susan's son Zezozecee Zadfrack, whose name was changed to Paul. I have deliberately avoided knowing anything about Teds ex-wife and daughters whereabouts because they deserve privacy. By then, she lived with several relatives. Atkins' death comes less than a month after a parole board turned down the terminally ill woman's last chance at freedom on Sept. 2. There is 1 volunteer for this cemetery. I learned that the building had once been used as a mortuary. On September 25th, 2011, Donald Laisure passed away at the age of 82. Most of the evidence showing that he lived in Texas is from when he was an adult. Email Address: s DAIM @gmail.com. Hes my best friend; hes my buddy.. We hold that such a redemption does not constitute an "acquisition" and therefore reverse Donald Lee Laisure, Sr.'s conviction of a violation of Section 922(a)(6). Sharon Tates family did their best to make sure she didnt get out of prison. There was some speculation at the time that Van der Sloot married the Peruvian to protect himself from eventual extradition to the United States, where hes been indicted for attempting to extort $250,000 from Natalee Holloways mother. Laisure, who had previously been married 35 times, claimed to be a millionaire, which he wasn't. When Susan found out, three months after their marriage, she filed for divorced. My mind went nuts and it fired my interest up all over again. Her first marriage was to Donald Lee Laisure on September 2, 1981. I found on Findagrave.com. When cops raided their home, she was rendered homelessuntil Charles Manson invited her to join their group. While he worked at the San Luis Dam construction project, he left Susan and Stevento fend for themselves. "Well, I'd hate to stop short even at a billion. Primero en 1981, con un hombre que deca ser millonario, Donald Lee Laisure, pero pocos meses despus anul el matrimonio, cuando descubri que el hombre no era tan rico como afirmaba y se haba casado 34 veces ms. We are now looking for artists, writers and interviewers to take part in the world famous Serial Killer Magazine. Donald Lee Laisure girlfriend, wife list. Despite having been in the Marine Corps he has lied in the past about being a retired general officer. "Only God could possess the creativity to produce the beauty that is the ultra-beautiful incomparable Susan "HoneyBear" Atkins", Laisure told the local newspaper. She became his 35th wife (allegedly), but divorced when he reportedly wanted to marry again. Include gps location with grave photos where possible. TAMMI MENENDEZ: Right. "I don't have to just make amends to the victims and families," she said softly. Earlier this year, Charles Manson called off his engagement to a 27-year-old woman named Star when her cunning plot to display his corpse after his death was revealed. Tex Watson would later say, Susan was one of Charlie's biggest cheerleaders. Failed to remove flower. His whereabouts are unknown. It's the only thing that saved me", he confessed. BLOG; CATEGORIES. She was the second of three children born to Edward John and Jeanette, both alcoholics. The couple divorced when he announced he was planning to marry again . Continuing with this request will add an alert to the cemetery page and any new volunteers will have the opportunity to fulfill your request. Despite sources stating that Susan had the marriage annulled, they were legally divorced in the state of Texas. Try again later. They remained together until her death in 2009. The matronly, gray-haired Atkins who appeared before a parole board in 2000 cut a far different figure than that of the cocky young defendant some 30 years earlier. Translation on Find a Grave is an ongoing project. The next day, she stabbed Leno and Rosemary LaBianca, and in the body of Leno she plunged a carving fork. https://www.upi.com/News_Photos/lp/8f7d167d6bd00ee6bee27b17f01857ce/, https://www.upi.com/News_Photos/view/upi/8f7d167d6bd00ee6bee27b17f01857ce/Self-described-millionaire-Donald-Lee-Baisure-married-mass-murderer-Susan-Atkins/, Self-described millionaire, Donald Lee Laisure, married, marriage, groom, bride, Susan Atkins, mass murderer, former member of the Charles Manson 'family', swindler, charlatan, fake, fraud, pretender, sham, annulled, annulment, https://cdnph.upi.com/pv/upi/8f7d167d6bd00ee6bee27b17f01857ce/Susan-Atkins-and-Donald-Lee-Baisure.jpg. Failed to report flower. cemeteries found within miles of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. On June 28, 1968, Donald Lee Laisure Sr., pled guilty to a charge of credit card forgery, a felony under Texas law, in the District Court of Collin County, Texas, and was given five years probation. Joran Van der Sloot pled guilty to brutally killing 21-year-old Stephany Flores Ramirez in 2012 in a Lima, Peru hotel room. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. In the book "Helter Skelter" by Vincent Bugliosi, it mentions that during the visits at the Prison Family Living Unit Apartments she told him to "go back to Texas", concluding that "the marriage was a drastic mistake", and that a year later Laisure filed for divorce. They did not have any children together. Donald gave Susan a diamond ring that was 3.9 carats, while his diamond ring was reported to be 12 carats. He served in the Marine Corps in WWII. Polanski was out of the country on business when the murders happened. They divorced in 2003, but not before having four children together, born before California ended conjugal visits for prisoners with life sentences in 1995. In 1997, Doreen Ramirez told CNN: Hes kind, hes funny, hes charming. There, she teamed up with two convicts to go on a robbery spree. She had met him via the mail, but upon discovering later that her husband was not a millionaire but had previously been married 35 times, she had the marriage annulled. In the autumn of 1967, she and her friend Ella Jo Bailey were living with two men in an apartment at the intersection of Oak and Lyon. It was like watching the Wizard of Oz for the first time only more challenging with having to go on a wild goose chase to find all the parts to watch. Ted Bundy raped and murdered more than 30 women (probably more). Like Manson and other members of his group, she repeatedly has been denied parole. They went to the home of Tate and her husband. They quickly divorced. When the family got fake ID's, Manson gave her the name Sadie Glutz. DONALDA LAISURE OBITUARY. Donald Lee Laisure Sr., was born on April 18th, 1929. "Only God could possess the creativity to produce the beauty that is the ultra-beautiful incomparable Susan "HoneyBear" Atkins", Laisure told the local newspaper. Copyright 2023 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Her first husband, Donald Lee Laisure, purported to be an eccentric Texas millionaire. Apparently, Laisure had been corresponding with Susan for years (and the power of ESP), but was lying to her the whole time. Please enter your email address and we will send you an email with a reset password code. Polanski was away in London at thetime. Family members linked to this person will appear here. Sign up for deals on Serial Killer Trading Cards, specials on Serial Killer Magazine, News, Updates and more. In the hallway, I examined a picture of a couple who had decapitated the womans husband and had taken pictures of themselves posing and laughing with the head. Her father, reportedly an alcoholic, sent her and her brother to live with relatives. Save to an Ancestry Tree, a virtual cemetery, your clipboard for pasting or Print. Since her incarceration in 1971, Susan has only received four minor write-ups. MADHATTERDESIGN@GMAIL.COM, We are now looking for high resolution scans of Serial Killer letters, death certificates, birth certificates and other interesting serial killer Murderabellia to be printed in future issues of Serial Killer Magazine. A singer, she performed in her schools glee club and church choir. Failed to delete memorial. [children unknown] Died 25 Sep 2011 in Dallas, Texas, United States of America. I didn't want to hurt her chances at parole" He later went on to explain that Susan told him how she had stabbed Sharon Tate with violent stabbing motions he made in the air on the show. EDITOR'S NOTE--Special Correspondent Linda Deutsch, the AP's trial reporter for 40 years, covered the Manson Family trial. When she fell ill, she was moved to a medical unit at the Central California Women's Facility in Chowchilla. They had been married for 3 months. When asked if he was a billionaire by a reporter, his response was quite frank. "I've always admired the Marine Corps and I hope I've done no harm", he explained. Her parents divorced in the early-1950s and her father married again and had two sons. Mies. While many articles state that he was from Texas, I have been unable to find any census information regarding if he grew up there. Donald Lee Laisure Jr. in Texas Hunt County arrested for PUBLIC INTOXICATION 4/07/1958. He represented her at her 2000 and 2005 . Her mother was stricken with cancer and died when she was 15. Miss Atkins' last attempt to get a parole date was rejected on grounds she had a criminal history, showed 'callous disregard' for the murder victims and displayed no remorse at her trial. Her mother was afflicted with cancer and died when Susan was still in her teens. Atkins went through hardships inher childhood, which taught her to look after herself. Donald Lee Laisure is a resident of KY. Lookup the home address and phone 5024592096 and other contact details for this person Donald Lee Laisure is a resident of Louisville. He and Janet L. (Knipple) Laisure married on July 14, 1983 in Hunt County. Her death sentence was commuted to life when the death penalty was repealed in 1972. Susan Denise Atkins-Whitehouse alias Sadie Mae Glutz" (* 7.Mai 1948 in San Gabriel, Kalifornien; 24. Atkins wassaid to be a quiet and self-conscious girl born in California and raised in North Carolina. Atkins died in 2009 at the age of 61of brain cancer at the Central California Women's Facility. They got married in 1981, but Atkins had it annulled upon learning he wasn't as rich as he claimed to be. Police found Manson and other cult members living in a ranch commune in Death Valley, outside Los Angeles. Please complete the captcha to let us know you are a real person. In November 2014, a CNN report noted that Van der Sloots wife, Leidy Figueroa, made headlines by claiming hed been stabbed in the Peruvian prison where hell be spending the next two decades or so, which prison officials denied: Jose Perez Guadalupe, director of Perus National Penitentiary Institute, which oversees the countrys prisons, told a 24-hour television station that Figueroas assertions were untrue and further labeled her a compulsive liar., He continued with an assault on her character, telling Perus Channel N, For starters, no woman in her right mind goes to a maximum-security prison and marries the biggest killer there.. She divorced Laisure and married the 'Harvard Law School' graduate James W. Whitehouse in 1987. This browser does not support getting your location. She was reportedly kicked out of the family for a while, and was often blamed for getting the family contracted with the clap. Her first husband, Donald Lee Laisure, purported to be an eccentric Texas millionaire. Login to add information, pictures and relationships, join in discussions and get credit for your contributions. We have set your language to "I have to make amends to society. But before the trial started, Susan took back everything she told the Grand Jury and renewed her loyalty to Manson. According to Tammi, the brothers, who still correspond, have drifted apart partly because I wasnt getting along with Lyles wife, who briefly lived with her. It was reported that he designed the French blue satin gown that Susan wore at the ceremony with a price tag of $6,000 in 1981. They showed his mug shot in the middle of Dallas, and I saw something in his eyes. On an episode of Maury in 1993, Donald appeared and had stated that he had been married 45 times (at that point). Atkins was the first of the convicted killers to die. Donald has 3 different addresses, the most recent of which is in White Marsh, Maryland. You've successfully subscribed to this newsletter! Please reset your password. Donald celebrated 56th birthday on June 13. Donald Lee Laisure and Susan Atkins by artist Kelly Hutchison. He was given five years of probation. Susan Denise Atkins was born in California on May 7, 1948. Are you sure that you want to delete this photo? She changed her story a few times, one version claiming that she held Tate down while Tex stabbed her repeatedly. Wanda L Laisure: December 20th, 1968 - July 28th, 1969, Muriel A Laisure: June 22nd, 1970 - November 8th, 1971, Lynne H Laisure: December 30th, 1971 - September 26th, 1977, Ester L Laisure: February 16th, 1979 - December 23rd, 1980, Susan D. Laisure (Atkins) - September 2nd 1981 - October 13th, 1982, Janet L Laisure: July 14th 1983 - May 17th 1984, Terrie L Laisure: June 15 1984 - February 10th 1986. In 1981, she married a Texan named Donald Lee Laisure. Watson had a separate trial and was convicted. She divorced Laisure soon after . When the family was rounded up in Death Valley, Kitty Lutesinger implicated Susan in the Hinman murder. Other sources from the Correctional Institute, point out that she gave him the boot after the first conjugal visit due to being sleep deprived after listening to his constant ranting. Watson wasnt part of the sensational trial chronicled in prosecutor Vincent Bugliosis book Helter Skelter; he left California for his native Texas after the killings, where he was arrested and fought extradition for months. In September of 2009, Donald Laisure gave an interview to the Houston Press and explained that he had also met Susan at an airport where he kept a private jet. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/78648422/donald-l-laisure. Her first husband, Donald Lee Laisure was a self-described millionaire with his own eccentricities. I began visiting the museum often after that first visit. Hailing from middle-class white backgrounds, they were hippies who all shared a troubled family history and were easily swayed by Manson. Donald Laisure Don Laisure Related to. It was right then and I still believe it was right." You may not upload any more photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 20 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 5 photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 30 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 15 photos to this memorial. She attended the Catalina School for Girls in Carmel,. Donald Laisure described himself as an oil rich unemployed millionaire with "999 million plus and seven times that in foreign countries". The men were sent to prison, and Susan got probation after she served three months in jail. He was handed a death sentence, later commuted to life when California laws briefly changed. Despus, en 1987, con un estudiante de derecho de Harvard quince aos menor, James Whitehouse, con el que permaneci . -) James Whitehouse (. Why? She divorced him when she realized he didnt have as much as he claimed, and had been married 35 times before! Remove advertising from a memorial by sponsoring it for just $5. Death. They tried to absolve Manson, the ex-convict who had gathered a "family" of dropouts and runaways to a ranch outside Los Angeles, where he cast himself as the Messiah and led them in an aberrant lifestyle fueled by drugs and communal sex. Donald Lee Laisure's former in laws: Donald Lee Laisure's former father in law was Edward John Atkins Donald Lee Laisure's former mother in law was Jeanne F Atkins Donald Lee Laisure's former grandfather in law was John Edward Atkins Donald Lee Laisure's former grandmother in law was Marguerite Margaret Atkins Donald Lee Laisure's former brother in law is MIchael Atkins Donald Lee Laisure's . I sinned against God and everything this country stands for." No sir. Donald Lee Laisure, 52, is a flamboyant figure known to people around Greenville, Texas, as 'Flash' for the fat roll of cash he carries. James Whitehouse, her second husband, was a Harvard Law School graduate who had recently served as one of her attorneys. She was brought to the hearing on a gurney and slept through most of it. All Public Member Trees results for Donald Lee Laisure. Laisure admits his lifestyle is mysterious. Dorothy was born on November 19 1905. The email does not appear to be a valid email address. LOS ANGELES (Associated Press) -- Susan Atkins, a follower of cult leader Charles Manson whose remorseless witness stand confession to killing pregnant actress Sharon Tate in 1969 shocked the world, has died. Please enter your email and password to sign in. His fiancee is serving a life prison term for her role in the Aug. 9, 1969 murders of actress Sharon Tate and four others at the Hollywood Hills home Miss Tate shared with her husband, film director Roman Polanski, and the killings the next night of grocer Leno La Bianca and his wife, Rosemary. She's a different woman. Susan Atkins dreamed of living a free woman in Laguna Beach while doing her best to discourage youth from idolizing Manson. He was given five years of probation. Richard Ramirez received a death sentence in 1989, four years after he went on a rampage up and down California, committing 13 murders, 11 sexual assaults, five attempted murders, and 14 burglaries. He vowed to "spend 50 million" to get her out of prison and had started to make plans to build a 12 million dollar solar house near the prison while awaiting her release. "My rib deflected it. Ralph was born on June 5 1892, in Decatur, Indiana, USA. All photos uploaded successfully, click on the Done button to see the photos in the gallery. When she was convicted, the child was removed from her care and later adopted. I found a census record from 1930, though I am unsure if it is actually him, but if so, he may have been born in Kansas. After a nine-month trial, Susan was convicted of seven counts of First Degree Murder and one count Conspiracy To Commit Murder. Inside the prison, Susan Atkins disavowed her former confession of the five murders she claimed to have committed. And you know now were speaking out to try to you know get that out in the public, so Also in 2005, People did a follow-up piece on Eriks life in jail. Prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi said that it would have been difficult to prosecute Manson without Kasabians testimony. Nach Abschaffung der Todesstrafe im Bundesstaat . The last words she spoke in public at the September hearing were to say in unison with her husband: "My God is an amazing God." ___ In 1971, Laisure pawned some of his guns, and then later returned to get them back. One of the deadliest Manson Family members was Susan Atkins. You have chosen this person to be their own family member. She divorced him when she realized he didn't have as much as he claimed, and had been married 35 times before! At age 39, Atkins married again to 24 year old James W. Whitehouse in 1987. 'But we're trying to keep a lid on our plans.'. Find out about her death, husband, children, and her life in the cult, right here in our Susan Atkins wiki. Atkins married twice while in prison. She and the others involved in the murders initially were sentenced to death, but that changed to life in prison when California ruled that the death penalty was unconstitutional. (DEE) Essexville Our beloved Mom, Grandma & Mimi went to her eternal rest on December 21, 2020 at Rachel Sovereign Memorial Home in Bay City, MI due to complications resulting from COVID-19. Edit Search New Search Filters (1) To get better results, add more information such as Birth Info, Death Info and Locationeven a guess will help. . A child, you say? ", "I don't write checks, sir. Add to your scrapbook. Please contact Find a Grave at [emailprotected] if you need help resetting your password. Donald Lee Laisure experienced love at first sight and started communicating with Susan with ESP. I walked around a corner to discover a crazy collection of artwork done by serial killers. Inmates may marry without permission of prison authorities but are not necessarily granted conjugal visits with their spouses. I was a barber in the Navy at the time and I had just been stationed on 32nd street on a small Frigate and did not know anyone in the area. Sadie seemed to enjoy going on the "Creepy Crawler" missions; dressed in black, family members would sneak into random houses at night, while people were sleeping. "She kept begging and pleading and begging and pleading and I got sick of listening to it, so I stabbed her.". In 1971, Laisure pawned some of his guns, and then later returned to get them back. On a related note, Tex Watsons fellow Manson Family member/convicted murderer Susan Atkins also got married in prison twice, actually as Rolling Stone reports: [Atkins] married eccentric self-described multi-millionaire Donald Lee Laisure or Lai$ure, as he preferred it spelled in a 1981 ceremony at the California Institution for Women in Frontera, California. Opinion for United States v. Donald Lee Laisure, Sr., 460 F.2d 709 Brought to you by Free Law Project, a non-profit dedicated to creating high quality open legal information.