Was it a blouse that had buttons up the front or just no buttons and he came up from underneath?A. Market data provided by Factset. 100%.". Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Commisso said this made her so nervous that her hands began to shake, making it difficult for her to even take the picture. Until now, the 32-year-old victim was being . A. I remember at first no, Im okay and he said no, you can take your coat off and I said okay. The accusation that he had his hands around their ribcages below their breasts is absurd. AG report p. 20, fn#123. And in November 2020, she said she and the governor were alone in his office at the executive mansion when he slid his hand up her blouse and grabbed her breast over her bra. Jericka Duncan: ( 00:58) Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple said Saturday his office was investigating the matter. Cuomo testified that he did hug her, but that she was the initiator, and he went along to avoid her feeling awkwardly. Andrew M. Cuomo of groping her in the Executive Mansion and filed a criminal complaint against him, forcefully rebutted the governors claims that she initiated or welcomed physical contact between them, in an interview that aired on Monday. Commisso says she is the woman who is referred to as "Executive Assistant #1" in last week's report commissioned by New York Attorney General Letitia James. I feel as though that Beth Garvey was asking about my relationship status to see if that was a route they could take to try to meddle in my divorce, she testified. 3 different dates: After the AG report was released on August 3, 2021, Cuomos lawyer presented evidence showing that the alleged incident could have not happened on that date. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Cuomo, 63, has repeatedly denied that he ever touched anyone inappropriately. He has not been criminally charged. Brittany Commisso's claims were first detailed in a report which found Mr Cuomo sexually harassed 11 women. ", Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple said on Saturday that his office will undertake a criminal investigation based on Commisso's complaint. During her interview with CBS News and the Albany Times-Union, Commisso said, It was the right thing to do. Neither she nor her hubby appear to currently use social media. Glavin said, I did what any investigator would do, which I reconstructed the events of that day (November 16, 2020). Thats fine. Commisso, now 32, alleges that the governor groped her for the first time on December 31, 2019. He slammed the door shut and said I dont care (she was thinking about the staff downstairs hearing it). Subscribe to FOX 5 NY: _youtube.com/fox5ny_ (youtube.com/fox5ny)?sub_confirmation=1 Watch FOX 5 NY Live: fox5ny.com/live FOX 5 NY delivers breaking news, live events, investigations, politics, entertainment, business news and local stories from New York City and, Video related to brittany commisso: cuomo executive assistant #1 speaks out publicly, What's next for Cuomo after another accuser speaks out in exclusive CBS News interview, The woman who filed a criminal complaint against New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo has spoken publicly for the first time. He told her she looked good for her age, suggested she show some leg, and seemed to take issue with her wearing her hair up, the report said. Neither of them said anything and she walked out. She has provided several variations of her breast groping story that differ significantly in what happened when it happened, and why she was in the Mansion (see details further below). Times Union Article, August 9, 2021:Commisso had told the Times Union in a series of interviews in March and April that the alleged groping incident took place on a workday later that month, possibly around Nov. 25. Note: Rita Glavin had already pointed out that according state records November 16 was the only day in November that Commisso was in the Mansion. Now, she is speaking publicly for the first time since filing a criminal complaint against Cuomo last week just days after the attorney general's report was released. She claims that, during this encounter, Cuomo hugged her in a "sexually aggressive manner.". Brittany Commisso speaks during an interview that aired on CBS This Morning on August 9. Thanks for contacting us. Brittany Commisso's Early Life She was born on August 13 in 1988. She was identified only as "Executive Assistant. Brittany Commisso is the woman identified as "executive assistant #1" in the New York Attorney General's investigation into Governor Andrew Cuomo. Screenshot. Brittany Commisso is the woman identified as executive assistant #1 in the New York Attorney Generals investigation into Governor Andrew Cuomo. An updated version of this Disclaimer will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Disclaimer unless otherwise specified. And the interactions she described and the timing of it dont match up at all.. You said when you went in, you had your coat on. Pauses, fillers, irrelevant comments were removed. Commisso, who is 32, has a 6-year-old daughter and is in divorce proceedings with her husband, who once ran for mayor of Albany, said Cuomo groped her twice. Commisso was not the first woman to come forward with allegations of sexual misconduct against Cuomo, but she is listed first in the attorney general's report. Me and my team went through the emails for that day. Brittany Commisso, a government employee to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, made her first public comment after accusing Cuomo of sexual harassment. Cuomo accuser Brittany Commisso breaks her silence to detail groping allegations and says the governor is lying; Brittany Commisso is one of 11 women referenced in a scathing report from New York . The selfie with Commisso was published with the report, which might have escalated the divorce situation and triggered the sudden criminal complaint. He also stated that the photo had been taken at her request and that he had asked her not to share it. Apples office took Commissos complaint during a brief interview on Thursday. She walked out and he walked back into his office. She spoke in late 2020 and early 2021 to her supervisors asking for a raise and more overtime hours on weekends. Ms. Commisso, in her interview, described an escalating pattern of sexual behavior during her time working with the governor. Commisso was employed by Cuomos executive chamber, making $62,000 a year as an administrative assistant from 2019 to 2020. While working on his State of the State speech, she said Cuomo asked her to take a selfie.. After graduating from SUNY Albany with a degree in political science and government, Commisso landed a gig in the Albany County Department of Law in 2013, according to her since-deleted LinkedIn page. []. In essence she has accused Governor Cuomo of sexual assault. Brittany Commisso, the executive assistant who accused Gov. He then returned and slid his hand up her blouse, grabbed her breast over her bra. Commisso also explained that she wanted to protect her daughter, saying, "I didn't want her to have to deal with anything that came along with this. Cuomo has denied any wrongdoing following the state AGs report and has refused widespread calls to resign. He told reporters on August 7, I cannot get into the nature of her specific allegations, at this time obviously we are in the very infant stages of this investigation. Rita Glavin, Cuomos lawyer, in a letter last month demanding that Albany Sheriff Craig Apple, preserve all records in the criminal probe, asked that any communications involving Commisso and his son be retained. Investigators found Brittany Commisso's claims credible. He has asked if I wanted him to sign a nondisclosure agreement and that was going to, quote unquote, cost me in our marital situation. She then made it a priority to delete blurry photos and photoshop or filter the remaining one while sitting next to her assailant. Commisso's accusations of increasingly inappropriate advances included Cuomo sneaking his hand down to her butt and rubbing it, during an embrace for a selfie that he suggested they take . Nearly four years later, she's the woman known as executive assistant #1 in the New York Attorney General's report into allegations of sexual harassment by the governor. Was that a blouse that you were wearing on top? It was going to be me. ", Commisso said she never planned on going public with her allegations, partly because she was worried about what might happen to her daughter. Commisso was married in 2016 to former Albany Common Council member Frank Commisso Jr., the son of Albany County Legislator Frank Commisso Sr., a Democrat. Cuomo testified that he called them mingle mamas in response to Commisso and McGrath saying that they were single and ready to mingle. They are currently going through a contested divorce, according to New York state records. Commissotestified that Cuomo grabbed herbutt while they took a selfie in the executive mansion in 2019 and that in 2020 he reached under her blouse and grabbed her breast. The investigator who catches this lie should raise a huge red flag but lets her get away with it, McGrath is considered credible in the AGs report. In a damning report released last week by New York State Attorney General Letitia James, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is accused of sexually harassing 11 women. Furthermore, Commisso did not agree to an interview with the Albany Police Department. Cuomo resigned on Tuesday. She said Youre going to get us in trouble because the door was open and she was afraid that a woman who works here is going to come in and see. An assistant to New York Gov. When asked why she wrote this, she explains I felt like I needed to say that considering she was with him and he wanted he asked that it be sent to me. When asked how she knew this, she responds I knew after the fact when she told me. (Commisso allegedly called her after she left the mansion). Not sliding it. The documentary evidence does not support what she said. Legal Statement. Brian Premo, the attorney representing Brittany Commisso, did not respond to a request for comment. I want to make sure that I got this straight. She said that Mr. Cuomo then slammed the door shut, and slipped his hand under her shirt and grabbed her breast. "I don't believe that there were 10 staff there that day. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Brittany Commisso's claims were first detailed in a report which found Mr Cuomo sexually harassed 11 women. The next day, March 7, Commisso met with EA#2 and EA#3 and retained a personal injury lawyer, which indicates she was looking for a monetary award in a civil lawsuit. "I exactly remember looking down, seeing his hand, which is a large hand, thinking to myself, 'Oh, my God. Her estranged husband and his family are involved in Democratic politics in the Albany area. Kevin Spacey faces 7 more sexual offense charges in the U.K. CBS and Les Moonves reach settlement with N.Y. attorney general, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo resigns over sexual harassment claims: "The best way I can help now is to step aside". Brittany Commisso is 32 years old as per her interview with the CBS news recently, Simialrly, she started working for the governor's office as an Executive Assistant in 2017. Commisso, known as. Commissos estranged husband ran unsuccessfully for Albany mayor in 2017 as a Democrat. Commisso testified that she wore a coat and specifically points out that she didnt take it off because she was going back to the office. They were corroborated by the state attorney generals report, which included multiple allegations of sexual harassment against Mr. Cuomo. He said that the governor could face a misdemeanor charge or "possibly a couple.". Neither the elder nor the junior Frank Commisso has spoken out publicly about the accusations made by Brittany Commisso. It was definitely a blouse that it wasnt low cut, but I could definitely see his hand underneath it.[]Q. he had never touched anyone inappropriately. She then confided in certain of her colleagues, who in turn reported her allegations to senior staff in the executive chamber., Cuomos attorney, Rita Glavin, responded to the accusations made in the report by Commisso during a press conference on August 6, saying, What she has alleged is perhaps the most significant allegation made against the governor. Cuomo accuser Brittany Commisso alleges the N.Y. governor groped her in the executive mansion: 'He thinks he's untouchable' Last Updated: Aug. 10, 2021 at 3:43 p.m. Commisso claims that after she finished her assignment in Cuomos office, he hugged her. The New York State Assembly will decide whether to impeach Cuomo. Monday August 09 2021, 4.30pm, The Times. Commisso also apologized to Cuomo's other accusers for not coming forward and telling her own story sooner. Asked if Cuomo was lying, Commisso replied, "Yes. Around November 2019, when she started to assist Mr. Cuomo at the Executive Mansion, the governor would comment on her appearance, the attorney generals report said. Your continued use of the Website and Services after the effective date of the revised Disclaimer (or such other act specified at that time) will constitute your consent to those changes. Alex Murdaugh sentenced to life in prison for murders of wife and son, Biden had cancerous skin lesion removed last month, doctor says, White supremacist and Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes kicked out of CPAC, Tom Sizemore, actor known for "Saving Private Ryan" and "Heat," dies at 61, Biden team readies new advisory panel ahead of expected reelection bid, At least 10 dead after winter storm slams South, Midwest, House Democrats unhappy with White House handling of D.C.'s new criminal code.