The main difference is that the Acer supports HDR, has a far more color-accurate sRGB mode, and it has a black frame insertion feature to reduce motion blur. Alienware - AW2521HFL 25" IPS LED FHD FreeSync and G-SYNC Compatible Gaming Monitor (DisplayPort, HDMI, USB) - Lunar Light Model: RNHC4 SKU: 6406940 4.7(667 Reviews) 4 Expert Reviews 143 Answered Questions Highly rated by customers for: Design, Price, Color + 9 images 2 Videos Interactive Tour and documents: 1 | $249.99 Or 4 payments starting at We measure luminance and color on gaming monitors using a Klein K-80 colorimeter(Opens in a new window), a Murideo SIX-G signal generator(Opens in a new window) connected over HDMI, and Portrait Displays' Calman software(Opens in a new window). Re: Best settings for AW2521HF by Bobo 21 Sep 2020, 10:53 There is one thing that i have noticed on this monitor, when you use the superfast response time, the image itself looks better (colors etc. The Alienware AW2521HF has impressive reflection handling. The Dell Alienware AW2521H is better than the Dell Alienware AW2720HF. Nearly everything you need is in the first menu, appropriately titled Game. First up are 11 picture modes, including Custom Color, which is the only way to access the RGB sliders. We can't put it in any other way. This driver is not applicable for the selected product. Future Publishing Limited Quay House, The Ambury, This could be because the Alienware 25s G-Sync Compatible capabilities arent native G-Sync, and so their adaptive-sync performance isnt quite as good. The monitor has a total of four USB 3.0 ports, including one that's powered, allowing you to charge your mobile devices even when the monitor is off. The back of the screen also features a VESA mount, if you want to use a monitor arm or some other alternative to the stand. To help you do away with too many tweaks, stick to Custom Color, and then set your brightness to suit your taste. It's obvious that the AW2521HF is a machine built for only the best of gaming machines, and more specifically for those who like to play twitch shooters that require rapid reflexes. It has an exceptional response time, both at its max refresh rate and at 60Hz. We had to lower the contrast slider to avoid clipping highlights, but it required some compromise to keep grayscale in check. G-Sync or not over $500 for a 1080p monitor this size is just overpriced. Excellent color volume. The Alienware AW2521HF sports a 25-inch IPS panel with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 240Hz refresh rate, and 1ms response time. Truth be told, my first impressions weren't great. So when it was revealed that the brand was releasing the Alienware AW2521HF, a 240Hz, 24.5-inch, 1ms, IPS panel monitor for sub $500, people got excited and rightfully so. The variable refresh rate feature works well both in-game and on the desktop. With these settings, fast-paced action is incredibly clear, with almost no blur around fast-moving objects. I've bought the monitor couple of days ago and so far I am enjoying it. Color accuracy is outstanding after calibration. Visit our corporate site (opens in new tab). Its IPS panel has wide viewing angles and great reflection handling, and it can get bright enough to combat glare in bright rooms. Both feature a 240Hz refresh rate on an IPS panel, and they also perform similarly when it comes to contrast ratio, peak brightness, and response time. This article provides general information about Dell Gaming and Alienware monitors. BEST PC Settings for Warzone! However, the issue seems to have resolved itself the following day. The Dell uses an IPS panel, while the BenQ has a TN panel. It has great viewing angles, so the image remains accurate from the side, and the stand allows for a good amount of adjustments, including rotation to portrait mode. It ensures that the system software remains current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers, and software) and may include other new features. With it enabled, the 'Extreme' overdrive setting delivers the best results overall, as it has the fastest rise/fall time, and there's no distracting overshoot. SciMath-DLL Professional Development. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was a similar story. Selecting one of them opens up a six-axis color management system and a Dark Stabilizer control that affects shadow detail (low-end gamma). England and Wales company registration number 2008885. Even though it's entirely made of plastic, it feels sturdy, there are no obvious gaps in its construction, and wobble is minimal. It can also rotate 90 degrees on the stand in either direction for a portrait orientation. If the monitor is not connected, the installer preloads the driver on your system, and operating system installs the driver when the monitor is connected. Amazon.com: Alienware 240Hz Gaming Monitor 24.5 Inch Full HD with IPS Technology, Dark Gray - Dark Side of the Moon - AW2521HF : Electronics Amazon.com: Alienware 240Hz Gaming Monitor 24.5 Inch Full HD with IPS Technology, Dark Gray - Dark Side of the Moon - AW2521HF : Electronics Skip to main content .us Hello Select your address I used the built in settings and also used the nvidia control panel color settings for this so I apologize to anyone with an AMD card. The Dell Alienware AW2521HF and the Gigabyte M27Q are both great gaming monitors, but they're also very different. Response time is set to "Fast" . Text looks sharper with ClearType enabled (top photo), especially for diagonal lines like the ones on the 'R' and 'N.' The Dell delivers a better gaming experience because it has a much higher refresh rate of 240Hz and faster response times. You can choose any of the first 3 game presets available. edit: Added monitor brightness and contrast settings. This monitor has limited compatibility with the PS5 because it only supports 1080p signals and VRR doesn't work on it. If someone comes across a different type of panel or if their Alienware AW2521HF doesn't correspond to our review, let us know and we'll update the review. After messing with the color calibration and the built in settings I finally found settings that seriously bring out some serious clarity for the AW2521hf monitor. On the upside, it has a flicker-free backlight, which helps to reduce eye strain during those long work days. Hotlines/WhatsApp. The Dell Alienware AW2521HF and the ViewSonic Elite XG270 have a lot in common, as both monitors feature a 1080p IPS panel with a 240Hz refresh rate. Don't fret about having to reach behind though; five buttons by the edge means you can reach all of them by just placing your fingers around the right-hand side. It also has wider viewing angles, and it gets brighter to combat glare. I've had this monitor for about 6 months now and honestly I feel as if I just discovered a new one. As you'd expect from a high-end display competing for a mention amongst the best gaming monitors (opens in new tab) in 2020, both Nvidia's G-Sync (opens in new tab) and AMD's FreeSync Premium are supported, meaning the display refresh rate is paired with your frames-per-second. Comparing the picture quality to my usual dual-screen set-up with two ASUS VG248QE monitors was disappointing; those are by far my favorite of the monitors I've used and the Alienware AW2521HF one looks slightly washed out in comparison. With FreeSync disabled, the 'Fast' mode delivers the best results. It does perform well in bright rooms, though, and it has wide viewing angles, allowing you to share content with others. 4.4. Show me how. Decided to post this here since I struggled with how flat the colors and contrast looked. The Alienware AW2521HF is a good monitor for most uses. Alienware 25 Gaming Monitor AW2518H at Newegg for $798.70 Game Enhance mode is similar to Asus' GamePlus feature except that no aiming reticles are offered. There are minor inaccuracies with several colors as well as with shades of gray, and the color temperature is warm, giving the image a slightly reddish tint. I didn't notice any ghosting artifacts when testing the monitor. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Of note are the Game 1, 2, and 3 presets. Choose another product to re-enter your product details for this driver or visit the Product Support page to view all drivers for a different product. . The Dell Alienware AW2521HF is much better than the Samsung T55, mainly due to its 240Hz refresh rate. The Dell has a better response time both at its max refresh rate and at 60Hz, it handles reflections better, and its ergonomics are better. Its a bit less distracting than some other gaming monitors since it illuminates the wall behind rather than the desktop. That makes the Alienware 25 the fastest gaming monitor weve tested to date. Gift Ideas. Chances are you'll need to pick something a bit on the pricey side from our best gaming laptops (opens in new tab) or best gaming PC (opens in new tab) guide. My settings are: -dark stabilisation (3, max) -the contrast on the monitor is set at 30% and Brightness 98% and in the Nvidia control panel i have digital vibrance on 89% very fast response time (if it goes i wanna stay at very fast because i gives me the best ingame feeling) -Ingame resolution 1680x1050 streched and quality all low In this preset I tweaked the Offset to the following settings: Then in the Hue settings I raised Magenta to 55% and left the other colors at 50%. Type: Operation & user's manual . As expected, the Alienware AW2521HF's IPS panel has a mediocre contrast ratio, resulting in blacks that look like gray. Want to look up your product? When you do, youll enjoy the best picture quality, especially when gaming. You control it via the Alienware Command Center(Opens in a new window) software; it doesn't mandate a connection to an Alienware PC. If you can splurge a bit and frame rates are your be-all and end-all, the 1080p Asus ROG Swift PG259QN offers a 360Hz refresh rate and better general color and contrast, which is why it remains our Editors Choice winner at this size and resolution. In the review of the Alienware AW2518H, it says that they calibrated the monitor to offer better colors but i can`t seem to find the exact settings that they used. Our expert reviewers spend hours testing and comparing products and services so you can choose the best for you. Ships Free! This is a common problem with monitors that advertise 1ms response times and the Alienware AW2521HF is no different. Thanks to Fortnite content creator Shiina and Hypex, we know who Blacks aren't entirely even which makes dark scenarios as I encountered while playing Escape from Tarkov look subpar. This article provides information about the compatibility of Dell Gaming and Alienware Monitors with gaming consoles. It does not support high dynamic range (HDR) signals. These are our suggested calibration settings for your Alienware 240Hz Monitor: Picture Mode - Custom Color Brightness 200cd/m 2 - 56 Brightness 120cd/m 2 - 25 Brightness 100cd/m 2 - 18 Brightness 80cd/m 2 - 10 Contrast - 69 Dark Stabilizer - 0 Color Temp User - Green 100, Red 98, and Blue 97 Best Settings for Alienware 240Hz Monitor Today's Best Deals. Hi, I would like to know which setting is better to play VALORANT competitively, I always have more than 260fps. I left the Gain settings at 100% for all three colors. The main parameters Screen Popular comparisons vs Samsung S24F354FHI [LS24F354FHIXCI] vs MSI Optix G32C4 vs The ASUS has a higher refresh rate, better color accuracy out of the box, and better gradient handling. First off, In the monitors settings I switched to the custom color preset mode. The Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition(Opens in a new window) graphical benchmark looks very nice on the Alienware 25, with natural-looking colors in the green fields and blue skies. The Sony INZONE M3 and the Dell Alienware AW2521HF are both great 240Hz gaming monitors. Toggle How to Run a Diagnostic Test on a Dell Monitor panel, Toggle How to Set up Dual Monitors or Multiple Monitors panel, Toggle Dell Gaming and Alienware Monitors Support for Gaming Consoles panel, Toggle How to Troubleshoot Display or Video Issues on a Dell Monitor panel, Toggle Dell Gaming and Alienware Monitor Frequently Asked Questions panel, Toggle Dell Display Manager 2.1 for Windows Users Guide panel, Toggle Alienware Command Center 5.x User's Guide panel, Toggle Dell AW2521HFL Monitor Teardown Instructions panel, Toggle Dell AW2521HFL Monitor Simplified Service Manual panel, Toggle Alienware AW2521HFL Monitor User's Guide panel, Toggle Alienware AW2521HFL Monitor Outline Drawing panel, Toggle Alienware AW2521HFL Monitor Quick Start Guide panel, Toggle DELL Regulatory and Environmental Datasheet panel, Toggle EUROPEAN UNION - Declaration of Conformity panel, View orders and track your shipping status, Create and access a list of your products. When comparing the Dell Alienware AW2521HF with its bigger sibling, the Dell Alienware AW2720HF, these two monitors are nearly identical except for screen size and a different color on the back of the monitor. ALIENWARE_AW2521HFL-MONITOR_A00-00_DRVR_NNNPD.exe, For help on using the information on this page, please visit, View orders and track your shipping status, Create and access a list of your products. To ensure the integrity of your download, please verify the checksum value. The greens of plants and frogs look natural and reasonably well-saturated, but they could have appeared a bit more vivid. However, it has borrowed a few elements from the parent company, Dell. The Sony model also supports HDR from any source, which the Dell monitor doesn't, but it doesn't add much because it has limited HDR performance. All in all, the design is top class. The Dell Alienware has wider viewing angles, and although its response time is slightly slower, there'ssignificantly less overshoot. The Dell has a higher refresh rate and better response time, but the difference might not be noticeable to casual gamers. The top of the pillar snaps securely onto the back of the screen and holds it in place while providing a variety of adjustment options. The update contains changes to maintain overall system health. One downside is thatthe Delldoesn't support HDR, but the ASUS doesn't deliver a great HDR experience anyway, so it shouldn't be the deciding factor. Ive been PCMags home entertainment expert for over 10 years, covering both TVs and everything you might want to connect to them. Latency is going to be identical. I notice the monitor goes just a bit darker if I switch from Fast to Extreme. Home; Professional Development; About Us; Contact us The 240Hz Alienware 25 is a reasonably priced 25-inch 1080p gaming monitor with a fairly bright picture and extremely low input lag. The response time is very good when playing at 60Hz, much better than the Alienware AW2720HF, and great for console gaming. Dimensions: 21.9 x 20.7 x 9.9 inches. There's a small cutout near the bottom of the stand that serves as cable management. The main power button also sits on the bottom edge of the monitor, near the lower-right corner. (See how we test monitors(Opens in a new window).). Learn how to run a diagnostic test to diagnose hardware issues with Dell monitors. On the other hand, the Samsung has a better contrast ratio because of its VA panel and it also displays a wider color gamut. If you want to avoid a lot of tweaking, just select Custom Color and set brightness to taste. It has five height adjustment levels and effortlessly slides between them, reaching heights much higher than any other monitors I've used previously. Recommended Find the best download for your system When G-Sync is turned off and the refresh rate is set to 144Hz or less, ULMB is enabled. There's a slight difference in performance with FreeSync on and off, but at 120Hz, the 'Fast' overdrive mode delivers the best results regardless of the FreeSync setting. A narrow black strip on the bottom edge features the Alienware logo. best settings for alienware aw2521hfl. The 240Hz Alienware 25 is a reasonably priced 25-inch 1080p gaming monitor with a fairly bright picture and extremely low input lag. It also has wider viewing angles for sharing content,a USB hub with four USB 3.0 inputs, and it gets brighter to fight glare. There's also a standard VESA mount if you want to forego the stand and stick this bad boy on the wall. Subscribing to a newsletter indicates your consent to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The Alienware 25s 240Hz refresh rate makes for generally smooth action in-game, as well, but it occasionally steps on itself in refreshing its picture. (My test system employed a GeForce RTX 2060 card.) There are RGB lighting zones on the back of the monitor and the stand, and the bezels are thin on three sides, with the bottom being slightly thicker. It can't display dark colors well due to its low native contrast ratio, very similar to the Dell Alienware AW2720HF. The second menu contains just the brightness and contrast sliders. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. The former can be set independently for G-Sync, ULMB, and Normal modes. I've been reading that the best Gamma options are between 1.8 and 2.2 for computer monitors but I couldn't raise the Gamma in the nvidia control panel that high because the entire monitor would appear insanely washed out and no other combo of settings could get rid of that effect.