Click here to subscribe to the newsletter. } } .answers-container { padding-top: 5px; Candidates for Congress are required to file financial reports on a quarterly basis, as well as two weeks before any primary, runoff, or general election in which they will be on the ballot and upon the termination of any campaign committees. color: #888; width: 100%; .census-table-container { The absentee voting period for the November 8 general election has started in Alabama. A primary was scheduled for May 24, 2022, and a primary runoff was scheduled for June 21, 2022. The minor party must file certificates of nomination for each nominated candidate with the Alabama Secretary of State. } } chevron.addClass('fa-chevron-up'); The section below shows responses from candidates in this race who completed Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection survey. .leg-hnt-district-container { $('.collapse').collapse('hide'); border-left: 1px solid #ddd; VoterInfobyState_Timeout_dom = setTimeout(widget_load_check_dom, 500); } VoterInfobyState_Resized = true; text-align: center; } if ($('#vis_xs_indicator').is(':hidden') || typeof VoterInfobyState_Resized!='undefined') { The outcome of this race affected the partisan balance of the U.S. Senate. Smith Water Products Company. } else { We believe if we win Pennsylvania, we win the majority, said Steven Law, president of the preeminent Republican Senate super PAC. background: #4c4c4c; } After the primary, Mr. Trump endorsed Ms. Britt. } Was absentee/mail-in voting available to all voters? } Incumbents are marked with an (i) after their name. (1989-1997) and the Oregon State Senate (2001-2003). .indicate_scroll { Even though we differ in how we approach difficult issues facing of our great state, I would like to model myself after Senator Richard Shelby as he has worked to bring millions of dollars of relief and benefits to the citizens our great state. display: inline-block; border-top: 1px solid #ddd; 31:36. letter-spacing: .04em; }, 100); Republican. Apply today! chevron.addClass('fa-chevron-up'); width: 100% !important; } While there are reasons for hesitancy getting more involved with the war between Russia and Ukraine, I believe it is important that the United States takes a leading role now in ending such aggression as it will not stop with the invasion of one country. function widget_load_check_jquery() { 2022 General Election Sample Ballots. 0:00. background-color: #003388; } margin-bottom:16px; .census-table-census-item { chevron.removeClass('fa-chevron-down'); width: 100%; padding-bottom: 5px; } .votebox_bp_logo { box-sizing: border-box; font-style: italic; if (document.readyState === 'complete') { font-weight: bold; text-align: left !important; . Only the candidates of officially recognized political parties can participate in the state primary election. } Pages for logged out editors learn more. Norman Horton .race_footer { Who do you look up to? padding-right: 62px; What was the absentee/mail-in ballot request deadline? complete the Ballotpedia Candidate Connection Survey. margin: 8px auto; display: none; } $("div.vis_widget_title").each(function(index) { .race_header.libertarian { First-time candidate Katie Britt on Tuesday won the Republican nomination to represent Alabama in the Senate, the Associated Press projected, defeating Rep. Mo Brooks after a roller-coaster. } overflow-x: auto; What was the absentee/mail-in ballot request deadline? width: 90%; I held this job for three years and seven months (Aug 1995 - Feb 1999). display: block; Click here to contact us for media inquiries, and please donate here to support our continued expansion. } padding-bottom: 8px; The West Zone House Of Politics & Off-Topics The Main Board New posts Trending Search forums overflow-y: hidden; .race_header.green { The following candidates ran in the Republican primary for U.S. Senate Alabama on March 3, 2020. Below is the state Senate map in effect before and after the 2020 redistricting cycle. letter-spacing: .03em; Sen. Richard Shelby, who . 100% remote. chevron.addClass('fa-chevron-down'); @media screen and (max-width: 350px) { font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0.03em; top: 0px; } John B. Flynn for Judge - because experience counts Skip to content Latest Posts Change this text in the customizer November 13, 2022 The Election is now over. .leg-hnt-district-number { .leg-hnt-hide { Alabama State Senate. .inner_percentage.Democratic { } VoterInfobyState_Timeout_dom = setTimeout(widget_load_check_dom, 500); padding-right: 0.25em; background-color: #f0a236; margin-bottom: 4px; display: block; float: left; margin: 0 5px; }. if ($(this).next('.vis_widget_table').is(":hidden")) { [3][4][5][6], A political party candidate must be nominated by the party at the state primary election. event.srcElement.innerText = '[hide]'; color: #0645ad; An elected official should be honest, fair, and willing to serve all of her or his constituents with the highest regards for ethics, rules, standards, and The Constitution of The United States. clear: both; width: 50px; State senators serve four-year terms in the Alabama Senate in Montgomery . } font-weight: 200; Welcome to Election 2022! text-align: left; font-weight: 300; } else { Kay Ivey (R) signed the proposals into law. color: #6db24f; .image-candidate-thumbnail-wrapper .image-candidate-thumbnail { Alabama enacted state legislative maps for the state Senate and House of Representatives on Nov. 4, 2021, after Gov. $(this).next('div.vis_widget_table').slideToggle('normal'); margin-top: 0px; Operations: Meghann Olshefski Mandy Morris Kelly Rindfleisch What qualities do you possess that you believe would make you a successful officeholder? margin-top: 5px; Britt was widely considered the favorite in the race, with a massive fundraising lead over her opponents. width: 50%; I struggled with the idea of not being able to devote all of my workday to serving local congregants in my 162-year-old church and all of the other churches I preside over as I will transition to serving all of my constituents in the State of Alabama in my new role as United States Senator. max-height: 355px; I have interests in serving on the following standing committees: 1) Armed Services, 2) Appropriations, and 3) Commerce, Science, and Transportation. Search our Site: Search for Your Local Elected Officials: News . } } padding-top: 3px; font-size: 110%; letter-spacing: .03em; Incumbents are bolded and underlined The results have been certified. } else { .image-candidate-thumbnail-wrapper { } .image-candidate-thumbnail-wrapper { } else { Tripp Powell, Greg Albritton(i) column-rule: 1px solid #aaa; Alabama - Senate 2022 | senate Election data and reporting deadlines Icon of dates and deadlines Dates and deadlines Icon of elections All federal Alabama elections Icon of elections All federal Senate elections Election Candidate financial totals Incumbent Exports coming soon. display: inline-block; .votebox-results-cell--check { .leg-hnt-responsive-columns { position: relative; This was the lowest number of contested primaries since at least 2014, which had 64 contested primary elections. widget_load_check_dom() } Play Audio. [1] In his most recent election in 2016, he was re-elected with 64% of the vote over Democrat Ron Crumpton. .inner_percentage { Contact our sales team. } 2022 Alabama Election Results Population 4,893,186 Est. overflow-x: scroll; border-radius: 0 0 7px 7px; Incumbent Doug Jones advanced from the Democratic primary for U.S. Senate Alabama. Click here to contact us for media inquiries, and please donate here to support our continued expansion. }. text-align: left; Katie Britt has won the race for U.S. Senate, becoming the first woman elected to the U.S. Senate from Alabama, according to an Associated Press tally of early voting. .leg-hnt-flex-item { Robert Stewart, Tim Melson(i) Early polling showed U.S. Representative Mo Brooks as the frontrunner in the race, and he received the endorsement of former President Donald Trump. All other candidates run in the general election. .results_row td { overflow: hidden; padding-top: 5px; .results_table_container { improve student success in Alabama classrooms. padding: 0.5em 1em; Senate House Governors 2022 Alabama State Senate Election Results Election Date: Nov. 8, 2022 | Updated 12:43 PM EST Jan. 26, 2023 Alabama State Senate Jump to: District 1. Scroll left and right on the table below to view more years. .inner_percentage.Libertarian { } } [7][8][9], A minor party candidate is nominated at party meetings or conventions. $(".expand-all").on('click', () => { .leg-hnt-leadership { . The table below displays the historical trifecta status of the state. padding: 20px; border: 1px solid #999; } Tech: Matt Latourelle Nathan Bingham Ryan Burch Kirsten Corrao Beth Dellea Travis Eden Tate Kamish Margaret Kearney Eric Lotto Joseph Sanchez. There are a number of historical events that I remember, but the first one that impacted me deeply was the election of President Obama in 2008 when I was thirty-seven years old. What do you believe are the core responsibilities for someone elected to this office? column-rule: 1px solid #aaa; display: inline-block; padding: 2px 0; A state government trifecta is a term that describes single-party government, when one political party holds the governor's office and has majorities in both chambers of the legislature in a state government. There were no incumbents in this race. margin: 3px 0; border-radius: 7px 7px 0 0; Do you believe that compromise is necessary or desirable for policymaking? event.srcElement.innerText = '[show]'; .inner_percentage.CrossFiled { Publish Date: Jul 13, . Do you believe that its beneficial for senators to have previous experience in government or politics? Alabama voters are heading to the polls on Tuesday to vote in races for the U.S. Senate and House, governor, state legislature and other down-ballot races offices. overflow-y: auto; } } The table below details the vote in the five most recent U.S. Senate races in Alabama. background: #4c4c4c; Democrats were likely to win 27 districtssix in the Senate and 21 in the Housebecause no Republicans filed to run for them. } 206 Listens. } width: 100%; display: table; $("div.vis_widget_title").each(function(index) { I am a servant leader who believes in putting the needs of others before my own. } In 2022, 271 candidates filed to run for Alabama's 140 state legislative districts: 88 Democrats, 182 Republicans, and one Libertarian. } .census-table-widget { In State. padding-right:10px; What criteria would you apply when deciding whether to confirm presidential appointees? if (document.getElementById('leg-hnt-content640364d824b99').classList.contains('leg-hnt-hide')) { .non_result_row div { position: relative; Was early voting available to all voters? } I believe in Alabama and I have committed myself to working hard every day as Alabama's United States Senator to: I look up to my father and mother. However, as none of the Republican candidates received at least 50% of the vote, a runoff election occurred on June 21 between the top two candidates of the first round: attorney Katie Britt and U.S. representative Mo Brooks. Senator, 4 of 9 members of the Alabama State Board of Education, all of its seats in the House of Representatives, 2 of 9 seats on the Supreme Court of Alabama, 4 of 10 seats on the Alabama . Tommy Tuberville defeated incumbent Doug Jones in the general election for U.S. Senate Alabama on November 3, 2020. ** According to the FEC, a disbursement "is a purchase, payment, distribution, loan, advance, deposit or gift of money or anything of value to influence a federal election," plus other kinds of payments not made to influence a federal election. line-height: 1.5em; 1972November 7 19781984. Bill Holtzclaw, Lance Bell font-size: 2em; } function resizeChevron() { } background-color: green; }); Analysis From Our Reporters Azi Paybarah May 25, 2022 Dr. Rich McCormick and Jake Evans, whom Donald Trump endorsed, are heading to a runoff for an open and newly drawn congressional seat in. .leg-hnt-toggle-text { [4] It does not include information on fundraising before the current campaign cycle or on spending by satellite groups. } } At the time of the candidate filing deadline, of the 140 districts holding elections, either a Democrat or Republican was likely to win 105 (75.0%) because no candidates from the opposing party filed. } .leg-hnt-district-number { .votebox { The party gained a net one seat, leaving the Senate's post-election partisan balance at a 51-49 Democratic majority. This page is the primary resource on the World Wide Web for information on elections in Alabama that are scheduled for the year 2022. if (chevron.hasClass('fa-chevron-up')) { display: flex; .race_header.democratic { What were the early voting start and end dates? Senator, Alabama GOP held 100% of.

News 19 asked the Democrat who won Alabama's US. Is there a book, essay, film, or something else you would recommend to someone who wants to understand your political philosophy? margin-top: 16px; padding: 2px;
   .placeholder {} 	height: 100%; [8] However, in November, the race started becoming increasingly closer with former chief of staff to incumbent Senator Richard Shelby, Katie Britt, running neck and neck with Brooks. For additional information on candidate ballot access requirements in Alabama, click here. 		font-size: 12px; VoterInfobyState_Toggle = true; 		flex: 0 0 175px; [1] } } . Within five days of filing this document, every candidate must organize a campaign finance committee and file a principal campaign committee appointment form with the Alabama Secretary of State.