MY 1975 would prove to be the last for the Grand Ville name, as the Bonneville regained its flagship role at Pontiac. Canada also got a Pontiac called the Grande Parisienne, meaning A large Frenchwoman.. We live in Fredrikstaf, Southeastern Norway, close to the Sweden border.The vintage petrol station is located in Ed, Sweden (Dalsland area). 71 72 Pontiac full Size Dashboard. SOLD Questions? NEEDS INSPECTION We are only minutes away from Elizabeth, stop by and visit us today. [1], The Grand Ville enjoyed moderate success from 1971 to 1973. I recall reading here before that the GrandVille was a B body with a stretch, that made it sort of a hybrid between a B and C body. Next, the name was altered slightly from Grand Ville to Grand Ville Brougham (there was no non-Brougham Grand Ville). About the only favors to the 74 GTO were that Pontiac went back to Hurst shifters for manual transmissions after going to the Inland shifter on 73s and the fact that a Radial Tuned Suspension not offered in 73 was optional in 74. These would be cool summer cruising cars. Your comment finally made me understand why the Pontiac convertible always stood out so much. 1,002 vehicles matched Now showing page 3 of 67. $4,495 . Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods. $100.00 lot . 1966 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX BONNEVILLE CATALINA CONVERTIBLE FRAME DIMENSION CHART. Well done, Jason. WHITE COLOR 5.5 M LONG Notes - Delivery *Estimated delivery dates include seller's handling time, origin ZIP Code, destination ZIP Code and time of acceptance and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment. RWD (rear- wheel drive), automatic 3-speed gearbox. Seems like Pontiac was losing its focus. Used Pontiac Solstice in Belle Vernon, PA, Used Pontiac Grand Am in Belle Vernon, PA, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. In 2016 The Journal, brought to you by ClassicCars.com, was celebrated as the SECOND MOST INFLUENTIAL automotive blog in the world by NFC Performance. (833) 200-6848. Very handsome car, beautifully articulated in a well woven story. Original & Highly Original, All rights reserved, 2023 CLASSIC.COM Inc. Classifieds for 1970 to 1972 Pontiac Grand Ville. * GrandVille was one of Pontiac's shortest-lived models, lasting just five years in production before being cancelled. Leave a sympathy message to the family in the guestbook on this memorial page of Ronald Lee Petrosky to show support. The only way to see these cars is on a clear summer day with the top down and the body-color hard parade boot installed. Hopefully it found a good home. Regatta Blue, white convertible top, white interior, 1973 Pontiac Grandville Convertible . Our 72 Grand Ville convertible. I used to drive it to work in NJ from NYC. He was born James Narz, whose older brother Jack was also a game-show host one of the few lucky ones to survive the scandals of the late 1950s. "Directory Index: Pontiac/1972 Pontiac/album", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Pontiac_Grand_Ville&oldid=1114182105, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 5 October 2022, at 06:54. It was at least worth seeing what was causing the no start issue. 2-door coupe body type. , Thank you. But never a Pontiac. What a difference a decade makes. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Great items as described and fast shipping! The Family suggests memorial contributions be made in memory of Ronald Lee Petrosky to St. Jude's Hospital or in the form of a donation to the Perry Girl's Softball League. Actually, they didnt. $52.50 + $6.00 shipping. According to Paintref.com (and my own experience) your car is Springfield Green (GM code WA4232). [1], Grand Ville convertibles were rare, with production never exceeding 5,000 units per year during the model run. As things turned out, the Bonneville name would be repurposed and repackaged several more times before it was finally retired in 2005. I cant help thinking that such a Grand Dame deserves a better advertisement for her wares than that graffiti writing on the windows. The new flagship at the Pontiac division for the next five model years was the Grand Ville, a less familiar name today than Bonneville, Catalina, or Star Chief. For this era the Buick is my favorite by far, the Chevy tolerable but for that distant 3rd and 4th place slot it is a bit of a toss up between the Olds and the Pontiac, though Id probably choose the Pontiac in this case. From 1973 to 1975 the Grand Ville was Pontiac's only full-size convertible offering; 1971 and 1972 full-size Pontiac convertibles were offered in the entry level Catalina line as well. Grand Ville means big city. Other C characteristics in 71 and 72 were a roof / greenhouse on the hardtops that seemed to have been pulled straight off the Electra, and two versions of the 455 were the only available engines. The handsome burgundy interior complements the exterior color nicely. The 1963 was the Belle of the Ball. 2006 Pontiac GTO . The show was Split Second hosted by Tom Kennedy? I cant believe somone would get rid of one of these cars for scrap without even investigating its issues. It is a good color combo and does look to be in great shape, if the mechanical are good then this could be quite a deal at that price. Teddy Chappaquiddick Kennedy had a 73-74 red Grand Ville ragtop too. Too bad Pontiac didnt use the hinged arrowhead over the trunk lock like they did on the 73 Grand Prix! His pronunciation irritated me Dude, its not a French car. The P. This big, beautiful 1974 Pontiac Grand Ville convertible is one of the best ways to be distinctive, Gateway Classic Cars of St. Louis is proud to digitally present to you this 1975 Pontiac Grandville, 1974 Pontiac Grandville Convertible What a boat! Pontiac LeMans. SOLD. . This was originally a California car. and the 75 is the cleanest with that cross hairs grill. The Stevie Awards, the world's premier business awards recognized With the Grand Ville, the slide had started and Pontiac was just going to become yet another clone of something else in the GM lineup. $17,500 Private Seller CC-1102602 1971 Pontiac Grand Ville PONTIAC GRAND VILLE 1971 CONVERTIBLE ENGINE V8, 6.6 L 330 HP WHITE COLOR 5.5 M LONG Call Lucas: 7 . That Chevy/Olds/Buick beltline works well with a 2 door hardtop roofline, but is awkward with the convertible. Its on the western side of the state, near Grand Rapids. Im not old enough to remember the first Grand Ville as an advertising slogan, but of course I remember The First Ever G6 as a campaign for a car that was way overhyped for what it deliveredas if we were all sitting around saying, you know, if we just had a G6*, everything would be perfect! My reaction was, Pontiac, just go ahead and call Enterprise and tell them you have a whole pile of them ready for their fleet.. I was thinking villa instead of ville; either way, thats why I like coming here as there is always so much to be learned. Your email address will not be published. [1], In addition to more luxurious interior trimmings, the Grand Ville had distinctive chrome trim at the front and rear to set it apart from the rest of the Pontiac line. Pontiac Grand Ville For Sale 1974 Pontiac Grand Ville Price $33,750 1974 Pontiac Grand Ville Price $24,995 1975 Pontiac Grand Ville Price $99,750 Pontiac Grand Ville s by Year . You forgot to mention that the lady wears a front bumper that makes her look like she is wearing a african lip plug. Mileage Unavailable Classic Car Deals Cadillac, MI 1973 Pontiac Grand Ville Convertible $ 21,995 $ 382 /mo* 56,437 miles Engine: 400 Days Listed 83 Price $252 below avg. Call Lucas: 7. As he drove away, one could sense a radiance reinvigorated from where it had been only a half-hour before. And as the biggest, costliest, and most luxuriously equipped Pontiac, the Bonneville was a consistent earner for the second-largest General Motors brand. Actually, he was no Kennedy. you brought back memories of my 73 Grand Ville sedan. I think it makes the whole car even cooler. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Grand Ville was offered as a four door sedan, two door convertible, and two door coupe, and was fitted with a V8 engine, of either 6.6L or 7.5L displacement. Voiture de collection Pontiac Bonneville Brougham 428ci Big bloc 7.0l vendre de 1969, 100000 km, sur ClassicNumber.com, le site incontournable des passionns de la voiture ancienne, de collection, de sport et de prestige. The military honors was held on Sunday, February 26th 2023 at 7:30 PM at the Parzynski Funeral Home & Cremations (191 Liberty St, Perryopolis, PA 15473). Then you had destination names, like Catalina, Ventura, Phoenix and the like, which conjured up early 60s images of luxury (like Chevy did with Malibu and Monte and Chrysler also did well with some of their names). MAXmotive. But what's most impressive is the condition of all these items. characteristic dimensions: outside length: 5748 mm / 226.3 in, width: 2029 mm / 79.9 in, wheelbase: 3200 mm / 126 in. Because this is a full-size coupe, you've got room to bring up to five family and friends along with ease. Mileage 11,919 miles above avg. And near me. Ive seen several of these early-mid 70s Grand Ville ragtops locally over the years which is amazing, considering this is Minnesota. Having them mounted on the tips also alerts other drivers when Im backing out of a parking space. The browser you are using is no longer supported! How so very few would be viewed as something unique and special, not just a transportation appliance. There never was a second generation of any car name introduced in this way, was there? Interesting: one of my favorite parts about the 73 Grand Ville is the taillight design. ABCs game show schedule included Password (Allen Ludden), Split Second (Tom Kennedy), Lets Make A Deal (Monte Hall) and the Newlywed Game (Bob Eubanks) ABC cancelled The Dating Game (Jim Lange) during the year and replaced it with The Girl In My Life. (There were no convertible Bonnevilles after the 1970 model year.) The 1972 Grand Ville, built in this form for two years before being re-cast for 1973 on the smaller, lighter Catalina chassis, was the largest six-passenger sedan that Pontiac ever offered; it stretched 226.3 inches long over a 126-inch wheelbase. We will not spam you, and will never sell your email. 4 BBL Carburetor. Are you looking to buy your dream classic car? $22.00. There was always a GrandVille convertible in the row. As Miss Daisey once said, we couldnt keep it because we couldnt afford to feed it!. 1969 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX GTO GAS PEDAL ASSEMBLY T400 KICKDOWN LOT 1970 (#374531637033), better then described,thank youPay fast shipped fast, 1969 1970 1971 1972 Pontiac Grand Prix L/R 1/4 Window belt molding trim & misc (#374524932237), A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++, Vintage Thermometer Lot of 2 Made in USA 7" WORK! She knew some kept other, sportier Pontiacs as toys and to race; having been born a Grand Ville convertible, she was the queen bee of the Pontiac family in 1973. Restored 71-72 Bare Bones Dashboard. Other game shows that gave away new Pontiacs in 1973 included Lets Make A Deal by Monte Hall (see previous post on this subject) and The New Price Is Right, hosted by Bob Barker, on CBS and there the Pontiacs were usually high-end models such as Grand Safari wagons, Grand Prixs or Grand Villes as part of their showcases most of the pricing game cars then were low-line Chevy Vegas or Novas, or AMC Gremlins and Hornets though an occasional LeMans or Ventura was featured. Never seen one in the tin, but I did narrowly miss the chance to buy one this spring. I guess it would have mounted too high and looked awkward. Pic is not one of my cars but shows the look well. (Good thing for him.) 1972 Pontiac Grand Prix Pricing Original MSRP N/a Price range $20,745 to $36,245 Average price on CG $32,396 YoY price change $8,495 to $32,396 It was possibly supposed to mean Big City, but with city being a she in French, then Grand Ville should be Grande (NB. Echovita offers a solidarity program that gives back the funds generated to families. by the time they got to use some of their own body panels they really didnt know what to do so they ended up with a bit of a design by committee look. After I posted, I wondered if it wasnt Tom Kennedy instead of Wink Martindale, but I would never have guessed the shows name. Prepare a personalized obituary for someone you loved.. May 3, 1949 - View cart for details. 3) specs. The trips to the Gulf Coast, New England in the fall, up Pike's Peak, and along the Natchez Trace Parkway. Prices may not include additional fees such as government fees and taxes, title and registration fees, finance charges, dealer document preparation fees, and emission testing. The Family suggests memorial contributions be made in memory of Ronald Lee Petrosky to St. Jude's Hospital or in the form of a donation to the Perry Girl's Softball League. Really? The Grand Ville was the top of the line model offered by Pontiac during its Track recent comps for the classic or exotic cars you own - or the cars you want. 2016, 2017 and 2018. Then Jason maybe youll forgive me for adding my froggy 2 cents here (thanks for a great writeup by the way), but I think the coolest thing about this particular name is that, strictly speaking, it means nothing. (1971 to 1975) The Pontiac Grand Ville was introduced for the 1971 model year. As a grand touring American, the Grand Ville did not skip out on the brightwork. C $19.03 + C $27.14 shipping. Very nice. Which is fine by me. I dont know why the front bumper on this Pontiac looks so damn huge. The Buick front end grille beats the pants off that Pontiac. God knows I wouldnt have much grammar on my mind if I could step into a time machine and walk into a GM showroom in 1973. Join millions of people using Oodle to find unique used cars for sale, certified pre-owned car listings, and new car classifieds. Onec we got the fuel pump up and into place and some fresh gas in his gut the old boy fired right up. It wasnt all that far a slide from Grand Ville to G3. View cart for details. This big, beautiful 1973 Pontiac Grand Ville is one of the best ways to be distinctive, yet unmistakably American, in an affordable package. But the bulk of sales were not Grand Villes, despite their gorgeousness and luxury and fine appointments. A very rare option for 1974 was adjustable pedals. There are one 71 and one 73 Grand Ville convertibles in good shape, in addition to our. . Free CARFAX Report. Big house is grand maison. I like how Pontiac louvered them and was able to incorporate the reflex into the entire lens itself, avoiding a separate cheesy-looking reflector that nearly all other cars had (and ALL cars have now). Pontiac Model 6-26. This prestigious accolade represents the continued growth of the company, and ClassicCars.com's dominance as the world's largest online marketplace for Everything has its vice. All the correct pieces are present, including the mirror-like bumpers, full-length side trim, and even the full-width grille that was a 1973-only feature. thus also passing on a new 72 gold with black vinyl topped coupe deville that had not sold. There was a little bit of rust beneath the chrome of her wheel arches as well as some chipped paint, both the automotive equivalent of laugh lines. . A perfect tribute to the full figured ladies of chrome & steel who still grace our roads and highwaysso as you drive down the road of life which would you prefera well engineered machine designed to transport the massessORa car with characterand that of course is the heart & soul of Curbside Classics. The 1975 model was the most plentiful with just over 4,500 cars built, as being the final year of production increased demand. Good friends growing up were a Pontiac family, and some Catalinas and Bonnevilles were in the mix. Hawas Trans American the one in Airplane? Apparently the Grand Ville convertible in 71 and 72 was about as close to a post 70 C body convertible as GM would ever come. It was also Seamist Green at Buick and Gulf Green for Chevrolet. 1973 Pontiac Grand Ville Hardtop Sedan From its introduction in 1957, the Bonneville represented the top of the heap in Pontiac luxury and featuresthe flagship of the line. - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab, 1971-1976 PONTIAC GRANDVILLE BONNEVILLE 4dr SEDAN UPPER B PILLAR COVERS, - for PayPal Credit, opens in a new window or tab, about earning points with eBay Mastercard, Report this item - opens in new window or tab. The rarest of the Grand Ville convertibles was the 1971 model with just under 1,800 examples built. Fun fact: Premium plus gas costs around $8 per gallon here so we perform respectful driving . maintained, and pampered; under 72 K documented original miles. 70s era B Body convertibles always remind me of this song. 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix . For 1974 only, the Grand Ville had unique parking lights which wrapped around the corner of the front fender. Only GM could have successfully named a car Big House. It appears to be enamel paint. A nice old Pontiac! It is where the rear quarter window beltline transitions to the rear deck. Heck, were talking about the early 1970s here. You certainly could do it but it is much more involved that unbolting these and bolting on another set as Carmine mentioned. That's why we know you're going to need to act fast to take this Pontiac home. With plenty of paperwork and a fantastic overall presentation, the desirable 455ci V8 under the hood is just the cherry on top of this hardtop. F. James McDonald replaced DeLorean in 1969. 1972 Pontiac Grand Ville Convertible 455-4 V8 Horsepower/ Torque Curve Check: 1972 Pontiac Grand Ville Convertible 455-4 V8 car fluids (oil and coolant) capacities Transmission specifications Complete transmission data: gear ratios, final drive, etc. [1], Standard equipment on Grand Ville models included a 455 cubic-inch V8 (for 1975, a 400 cubic-inch V8 was standard and the 455 optional), Turbo-Hydramatic automatic transmission, power steering and power front disc brakes. Your email address will not be published. TCA TRUE TEMP & TEL-TRU (#374464535840). If I had to spend my money on a B-Body I would avoid those 7 or so years I mentioned above. And Truth or Consequences broadcast in nighttime syndication was still on during 1973 and hosted by Barker despite his new gig on TPIR, gave away LeManses and Venturas. Learn how your comment data is processed. It must be a reminder that he built his fortune on a GM dealership, though tellingly he got out of being a GM dealer in the 90s I think. 1949-1954 Ford Car PAIR front wheel grease retainers A9A-1190-A (#125717374855). Nice and thats from someone who isnt a full size fan (though this site is doing its best to convert me).Could the battering ram bumpers be changed for early ones or is it a legal and mechanical no go area?Who needs a Caddy when you could have had a Pontiac and a few bucks change? 1972 Pontiac Grand Ville Gateway Classic Cars of San Antonio/Austin is pleased to present this 1972 Pontiac Grandville. From its introduction in 1957, the Bonneville represented the top of the heap in Pontiac luxury and featuresthe flagship of the line. But I warned you I love these! It was also Caserio who pushed and approved downsizing of the 1974 GTO from a mid-sized (LeMans) to a compact (Ventura) a backward step as the 73 Colonnade intermediates were much more modern than the Nova body/platform which dated back to 68 the 73 Goat was no longer a hardtop but did have frameless doors and windows, the 74 had frames the 73 had a double-shell roof, the 74 did not the 73 had front disc brakes standard, the 74 had small 9.4-inch drums the 73 had full body on frame construction, the 74 was unibody the 73 had full coil suspension, the 74 had multi-leaf springs in rear the 73 still had 400 and 455 engines, the 74 only a 350 the 73 had round gauges well laid out for optional instrumentation including a tach, the 74 had a horizontal speedometer and a small optional tach with the gauges requiring a floor console. For 1975, the Grand Ville became the Grand Ville Brougham and included more standard equipment than in previous years, such as power windows and a carpeted trunk. Dark green. I like the perspective from the cars point of view! Contact. 1968 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX BONNEVILLE CATALINA CONVERTIBLE FRAME DIMENSION CHART. Color is perfect too. Great car and reliable. I agree with Junqueboi; I find the 73 rear styling very attractive. Please choose to download one of the following options for an improved browsing experience: Chrome (Download ), Microsoft Edge ( Download ) or Mozilla Firefox ( Download ). I am on record as being conflicted (at best) on these B body cars of this generation, but of all of the convertibles, I have always liked the Grandville the best of all. I hope to find a two- or four-door hardtop for CC someday. Her gaze then turned to a smug grin, knowing how very few of the cars she was observing would make it to twenty years of age unscathed, let alone forty. However, the oil crisis of late 1973 and early 1974 led to gasoline shortages, long lines at filling stations, and high fuel prices. First, you had cars with great race names Trans Am, Grand Am, Can Am, Grand Prix and even Bonneville (because of the salt flats). For sale this beautiful and completely stock 73 Pontiac Grandville convertible finished in Burma brown with only 50,700 original miles from new. All I can say is that GM was big enough that they could still get away with stuff like this back in the 70s, but they could never [successfully] do that again. (Art Fleming), No skirts, but I did buy it and had it from about 1988 until 1993. Phone: 480-285-1600. I recall also that the car was introduced with what became a stupid Pontiac advertising tradition: The first Grand Ville (more recently seen as The first G6, etc.). McDonald went on to Chevrolet in 1972 just before the 1973 models came out, he was replaced by Martin J. Caserio who came to Pontiac from GMC Truck. The 1975 model year brought some significant changes to the Grand Ville. Free shipping for many products! Pontiac Laurentian. Email: [email protected] Address: 7400 E Monte Cristo Ave Scottsdale, AZ 85260 . 1972 Pontiac Grandville convertible. Electra and 98 C bodies were 127 inches. I think her name should be Blanche Dubois, always relying on the kindness of strangers, and carrying a faded grandeur where ever she goes! It sat in side for many years in a private collection. A 455 CID V8 was standard, and while the Grand Ville rode on the standard GM B-body platform, its formal roofline was shared with the corporations larger C-body cars. While always constrained by the corporate bodies, up until this point Pontiac had managed to (very successfully and well) fake that they were building a different car from the rest of the GM. 1972 Pontiac Grand Ville Hardtop Coupe 455-4 V8 Dual Exhaust (aut. No way mine protrudes like that on my Buick. Something went wrong. To me, the Grand Ville was the start of Pontiacs slide to oblivion. But, you could have sworn the 71 and 72s were an attempt to throw a C into the Pontiac line up. ClassicCars.com has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, successfully making the Inc. 5000 list in both 2015, As Syke gets at, the 71-up BOP barges looked like carefully decontented Caddies. I understand that I can unsubscribe at any time. Our Grand Ville came from Georgia in 2004. At least one respray of the factory-correct Florentine Red has left this full-size Pontiac with a deep luster that helps to highlight the sharp-edge curves of the Grand Ville style. They were playing the name-debasement game everyone else did in the era when each full-size trim level was treated as a separate line. One rainy day as i was taking my cousins to the airport on the Jackie Robinson pkwy the defroster went out and my cousins were making a lot of noise i did not notice that i had veered slightly to the right and grazed the railings on the pkwy, when i got to the airport i was really upset and no one cared about my maroon beauty. We are sad to announce that on February 21, 2023 we had to say goodbye to Ronald Lee Petrosky of Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania. Gateway Classic Cars of San Antonio/Austin is pleased to present this 1972 Pontiac Grandville. Oldsmobile called it Pinehurst Green when my mother bought a new Cutlass that year. The Grand Ville socks the squad cars right off the road and just keeps going. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Three days ago we got a call to pick up an 88 Mercedes 300 es that had sat for sale in some guys driveway for a while. I like the wheels and Jasons writeup more than the car. 1974-1976 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE GRANDVILLE CONVERTIBLE JACK SETUP 1975. The 1975 Pontiacs debuted on September 27, 1974, and in all 523,469 Pontiacs were built for the calendar year. We try to add new parts for sale to this page every week. He liked it well enough to restore it but wanted a 71 front end. So, youve got a fast Pontiac front tied to a frumpy Cadillac bustle. The P . The bad-guy driver is the one from Bullitt just with longer hair. He had it detailed regularly and still has it. This page is current and up to date. For 1976 there would be two Bonnevilles: Bonneville and Bonneville Brougham. While she had been bought and sold several times, each successive owner still treated her with the dignity she thrived upon. ClassicCars.com's first-class Customer Support team with a Stevie Bronze Award in 2019, celebrating the team's skills as exemplary customer support specialists. Check if this part fits your vehicle. This big coupe has big 70's style. Round in front, square down the back end. Entdecke NOS 74 1974 Pontiac Bonneville Catalina Grandville Hood Safety Catch - GM in groer Auswahl Vergleichen Angebote und Preise Online kaufen bei eBay Kostenlose Lieferung fr viele Artikel! Beauty comes from within, as exterior beauty fades like the morning dew. The Pontiac Grand Ville is a full-size car that was a sub-series trim package for the Pontiac Bonneville from 1971 to 1975, which had served as Pontiac's top-trim model since 1958 while remaining below the top level Pontiac Grand Prix. I kinda like it, its the most over the top front end of the series, those grilles that stretch nearly the width of the car. The Who What or Where Game (Art James) and Three On A Match (Bill Cullen). All pieces shown included. And the final touch is the black padded roof that drives home this premium feeling. Just another one that got away still wonder if it really did live up to the description. Yeah the bumpers make me laugh Ill show you guys a stockcar with 85mph bumpers when the season reopens you guys know nothing of crashing into things , we do it for sport and the cars run year in year out not once like a demo derby. A rare bird, this Pontiac, one of just under 4,500 ever to grace the highways of North America. The 1973-74s are my least favorite, the 1975 is sort of like a sporty Cadillac front end of the same vintage.