look for the small Search Box on the upper right hand of the page. Trigger, grip, and stock ($150+$25+$50) is more than $200 of add-ons to begin with. I recently purchased a few 20 rd boxes of .223 and a box of .44 Mag at Midwayusa. What is new about it, though, is that they got it right. Hell no it's not and the saint is no different. Get proficient on YOUR time. I paid $399 shipped + $25 FFL = $424.. The two that are strongest contenders in my research are the 16" Ruger MPR with B5 furniture (Model 8542), or the 16" Saint Victor (STV916556B). What is new about it, though, is that they got it right. Its not free-floating, but it is worlds beyond USGI for ergonomics and utility. Gray and Bwhntr65, Your experience and advice are sound. According to the gunmaker's marketing mavens, their " Defend Your Legacy " slogan targets Americans between 25- and 45-years-old. She can load her own mags but apparently being her gun boy is why she married me. When I tried the G22 again, and with skills gained, really liked the G22 (which SIL kept) for accuracy and magazine capacity. 03-28-2022, 08:38 AM #2 BuckyTownsend Senior Member Join Date Jan 2017 Posts 2,013 save your money, do the research, and then assemble what you want from individual components. Ive probably put about 100 rounds through it. Keep trying to build that ammo supply and may God bless us all. As to my accuracy testing, I did 5 groups with each gun at 50 yards, and took the best group as an average for my findings. Springfield SAINT Edge 556 Rifle 10 Round Magazine (Save up to 6%) Price $1299.00. I thought about breaking into some of my personal stash of AR ammo, and running more varieties of ammo through both guns, but I didnt want to get into my own ammo supply at this point in time dont know if Id ever be able to replace the ammo, or when. Your email address will not be published. Both guns also liked the 62-gr Barnes TSX load and both were giving me groups right at 1.5-inches. Reloads can be loaded by anyone. (Gaston Glock ~ became super rich, with that idea in mind for his pistol design.). I bought a StagArms and Im really happy with it. Watch the video above to see me in action. All good. Are your best entry-level for the cash. An AR is an AR is an AR in my opinion. Caliber: 5.56 NATO; Barrel: 5.5 inches; 1:8 twist; Overall Length: 18.75 inches (collapsed); 23.5 inches (extended) Sgt. So, I didnt want to waste too much ammo for this article. Okay, theyre nothing high-rev, but theyre there. I was wondering if anyone could offer some insight as to which rifle I should opt for, even if it's something totally different. I do admit I was a bit jealous, but a few cans of spray paint cured my jealousy. The Springfield Armory Multi-Port Muzzle Brake minimizes muzzle rise and perceived recoil. So, to which Springfield modern sporting rifle are you referring? The Gun Range in my area use to collect the spent brass on the ground, and sell it to reloaders. Look closely at the specifications list on the Springfield Armory website and see the detail differences. I may earn a small part of the sale from links to any products or services on this site. Their prices are not the lowest but they are more than fair for the market. But I wouldn't have know what I know now if I hadn't purchased the SW in the first place. More from Ruger: Overall the gun ran fine with no jams or issues. To Charles K ..I stocked up on steel case 9mm during obama yearsI have shot it in glocks M &Ps,hi powers,uzi, signever a problem at all with any..some say not good for the gunsbut now there is no choice and I am glad to have it way better than nothing. The Springfield, I like the mid-length gas system and handguard really thought I wasnt going to like the skinny handguard I was 100% wrong on this. Find the best options for the range and home defense in our Best AR-15 Ammo review! Charles K, I am not a big fan of any steel case ammo. The twist rate of both rifles is also different. In any event, civilians are now having to protect themselves from this horrible violence. Life saving equipment. I would go with the Ruger. Shopping with us is absolutely safe - you never have to worry about credit card safety when shopping here Share your latest AR build or photos from the range with #RangeDayFriday for a chance to win a new firearm! 1st time AR-15 owner. Again, the particular models are the Ruger AR-556 and the Springfield Armory Saint AR. Short-barreled rifle (SBR) and pistol Saint variants are also available, as is the premier Saint Edge with top-shelf components and features. at STILL a **** If you have access to a firing range with guns for rent, I would definitely recommend shooting as many as you can to get a feel for what you like. In the same way, the Saint is an AR-15 made by Springfield Armory. Thanks for another great article Mr. Cascio. purchase helps support my work in bringing you more awesome gun and gear articles. Weve built dozens of ARs and well cover all the best AR-15 upgrades such as handguards, triggers, BCGs, gas blocks, and more. It means that they are all what they should be. Recently purchased the SA Saint AR-15 and was finally able to take it out today. There are things some shooters will want. Learn the 3 most popular shooting stances & more. Ur right it has the green mountain bbr same dam bbr as a bcm and also as a 6920le colt best of best and it's a aero upper lower sea as agsi fn armerlite colt bcm so fools get on here trashing g diff guns look at all saint has tons millspec and over to hundred years at war i.put it up against dd any da a better made is sant it's the bome. and polished trigger itll probably cost you another 75 bucks. It's perfect for sporting or home defense with high reliability and some furniture and trigger upgrades that set it apart from other budget AR-15s. Theres nothing this gun needs. The Springfield Saint is backed up well by people who really truly want you to enjoy your (their) firearm. The MPR's 16-inch barrel has a 1:8 twist. So I ordered my SA Saint from the local Bass Pro Shops- Wanted brand new with no other hands on it besides the test fire dude/dudette. Am just expressing my thoughts as of now. Load dummy rounds occasionally for my wifes 9mm Sig so she will have to respond to that situation. I wanted to compare Springfield's AR-15 with the Ruger and Colt equivalents, and it's actually kinda funny, but on paper, they're nearly identical. When it came to the Ruger, I like that it is a basic no-frills AR carbine, and it felt great in my hands, and when I shouldered it. Just another comment not related to the above article. Is there a 9mm handgun that shoots steel case ammo well? Havent used the Saint yet but Ive been drooling over it ever since I saw it. My conjecture based on looking in the case: I carelessly let a couple of drops of sweat fall into the case, while I was reloading. Daniel Defense DDM4V11 5. It seems well built, and Ive never had a problem with it. There is a prayer or saying out there that goes something like this. Reddit Gun Deals seems to like the MPR because of the upgraded (compared to basic) features that come with it. Of course, you can trick these ARs out to suit your tastes, however the only change I made was replacing the rear sights on both guns in my humble opinion, both are combat-ready right out of the box. The other imports Croatian pistols under an American Sounding name and has donated money to anti 2a organizations through the Illinois Gun Manufacturers association (or a similar lobbying organization). Home Firearms AR-15s How the Springfield Saint Compares to Other AR-15 Platforms. And stay in touch with newsletters of our best articles on techniques, guns, & gear. So I walked into the store selling the M&P five minutes after the last one sold. We want you, our readers, to be able to make informed decisions. If you havent got about 100 hours of coached time in during the past two years, I suggest getting a .22 caliber pistol and working with shooting techniques under a good coach. And by the time your done youll have nothing but rocks in your pocket if you keep her in the fun mode. I would suggest to a first time buyer to NOT by a brand name and pay a lot more but instead find a less known brand and be happy. The rifles are very comparable, the companies are not. The improved trigger helps and 1.5-2 MOA is readily achievable out of the boxor shall I say great quality hard case (keep reading for more details on that). This 6-pound rifle comes with a 5-round capacity magazine and is one of the best AR-15 options for the hunter looking for big-game performance in the MSR platform. I cant honestly say, when it came to accuracy, one gun was better at it than the other, and I was shooting premium .223 ammo in both guns. No regrets! I think its chrime lined. After many hours spent talking with people, reading reviews, and shooting it myself, it seems as though you cant do better for the price. Thats a good long while after when they could have done it. All Saints feature the same forged upper and lower receivers marked "MULTI-CALIBER". With about a 6.25 lb trigger pull, the Saint is a bit better than the standard entry-level AR-15 that normally rocks the infamous MilSpec AR trigger. Thats a huge help! I have owned and shot all different brands over the years and they all shoot pretty much the same and theyre all (as far as I know) made from 7075 T6 aluminum and except for a few differences they probably use the same CNC program. If you already have one, you might think about getting a couple more to pass on to your grandchildren. One is a through and through American firearms company with excellent customer service. Definitely made in the u.s can speak in 100% assurance, Dont waste your money on a Saint Your discussions, feedback and comments are welcome here as long as they are relevant and insightful. It feels like a $1200 rifle but costs alot less. Daniel Defense. So glad I did because the PMAG-30 that came with the gun felt a little weak as if it was a mag not suitable for retail sale by itself- Just a hunch I thought. Get a lower, parts kit, fixed stock, upper you want and featureless grip. Do you notice any other differences when compared to other AR-15 platforms? For my malfunction testing, I loaded all the magazines with Black Hills Ammunition 55-gr FMJ ammo. The original was introduced at the end of 2016, but in just . Now I did swap out the birdcage muzzle brake for a VG6 and installed my optics of choice, but really thats it. I just bought one of these in the pistol versionFriday afternoon. Could be wrong but I heard the Saint was made in China? The gun is amazing and I love it - Not as much as my grandpa's old 30-30, but very very close! And the gun only weighs in at 6.8 pounds. I once was shooting my OWN reloads in a revolver. It ships with a Magpul brand magazine. Thats not at all a big deal to many (maybe most), because in this day we pretty much have to accept that purchasing an accessory sight is a part of a new gun package. Returned to springfield on 3/7. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. As always, higher-rev is higher cost. From my own personal observation guns and ammo are very scarce right now. The BCM Gunfighter forend uses M-Lok attachment slots. Springfield Saint Vs. Ruger 556 & Colt. The handle for this model, where did you find it at? Colt: LE6920. The Springfield retails for $943 and is going for a lot more than that, if you can find one at all. This is coming from a guy who had build 5 AR15 rifles in 5.56,.224, 6.5 grendel, 6.5 creedmore, 6.8spc. I knew I didnt want to eat Ramen for a month, but I also wanted a rifle that was going to last and accomplish the necessities. I wouldn't go with either option. I know there is better out there but as far as getting the most bang for my buck I have it down to these two options. A good article, especially for the people who arent into the ar shooting platform but are looking to get into one ( or two ). The carbine version, the base Saint, has a mid-length gas system. Caliber: 5.56 NATO. Sure. Dealer had no trouple taking the Ruger apart. While I am generally in favor of DIY projects and saving money, I think that building an AR would be a good project for later. (, We noticed that you have previously logged in with your, Check what do you get by creating an account, Bookmark and compare your favorite firearms, You want a quality AR-15 and want to spend under $1000? If you find a reloader whos willing to sell expect to pay full retail if not more because hes not making any money doing it. Inaddition to a great rifle, you also get an awesome hard case. Now for the bad news, right now, it is extremely difficult, to almost impossible, to find any kind of decent AR-15 rifle at a reasonable price. A forum community dedicated to Ruger firearm owners and enthusiasts. Theyre violent and want to destroy democracy, and theyre all ARMED with weapons of war, so we need to disarm the crazy people to save the children. And history shows us the republicans will probably roll over and play dead. Can a rifle be reliable, accurate, If you have access to a firing range with guns for rent, I would, Receiver: Type III Hard Coat Anodized Aircraft Grade 7075 T6 Aluminum Flat Top, Barrel: 16 Chrome Moly Vanadium, 1:8 RH Twist, Melonite, Gas System: Direct Impingement Mid-Length. /r/ar15 is here for your favorite black gun links, build pics, questions and other tactical or practical information. Notice the all BCM furniture on the rifle, every component is American made. The result is lower gas port pressure, nicer manners and better function. I am a vet, but the last long gun I fired with any regularity, was my M16A2 in 1990. Skip to main content Skip to search. I don't consider it a base rifle for future modification and feel they are best left as is. Unfortunately I dont come up with a a search box with this iPad but just did a google search and found a few. Ruger MPR vs Springfield Saint Posted on 11/14/19 at 3:55 pm 0 0 In the market for my first AR15. The Saint seriesevery variation in the lineuphas engineering ideas and specific parts incorporated to ramp up these guns to what "we," custom builders, have been incorporating for years now. Neither pistol grip was better than the other. Since I bought mine, Springfield has turned the original Saint into its own line. I've found both of them in stock for $750 and $950 respectively. They now offer four different models: the MSR 15 Patrol ($852 or $868), the MSR 15 Recon ($999), the MSR 10 Hunter ($1481) and the MSR 10 Long Range ($2,284). Right now in my life it just makes more sense to buy a complete one. The first 30 rounds went through with no problem- Used the new PMAG-30 I bought separately. There is no complete trust in even US made ammo but that is who I trust the most. Springfield Saint 5.56 vs Smith M&P Sport II vs. Colt LE6920 - AR15.COM AR-15 AR Basics Site Notices NEW Releases from Tactical Night Vision / Night Goggles and other Shot Show Products Coming! The problem was me. It will bring up his Glock reviews. I'm leaning toward the Ruger..I like the fact ,that with any of them, you can modify/add options easily. Maybe you can pool resources and time. But that will give you a good indication of the price . The new Ruger AR556 MPR has a laundry list of nice features on a weapon that retails in the $700s. The Ruger has a skinny, polymer handguard, and standard M4 telescoping stock. It worksso no complaints in that department. Old school if it has a code stamp with Cr on sn it's not true mitlary spec most of not but as far as colt 6920 le god they or as close to real as u ever get only semi and in and hafe different but am saying new saint is a winner in ar class so many made good ars but saints out more bang for the buck then any mafg. The extractor is destroying the casing when it fires so it has nothing to grab on to in order to extract. Jim is the originator of the American Redoubt movement and a frequent talk show and podcast guest. We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe. Springfield Armory SAINT; Sig Saure M400 Tread; Bushmaster XM15-ES2 ORC; The Ruger AR-556 is NOT "As its name implies its strictly a 5. ruger american vs winchester xpr review. However, I will lay out my findings for our readers and you be the judge when you finish this article. But honestly, Id go with a PSA before both of them. The barrel has a right hand twist of 1:8. Required fields are marked *. Ruger has a ring that tists tight to hold the foregrip whereas the M&P has the traditional one. The key differences are in the B5 Systems upgrades to various pieces on the rifle. Springfield SAINT 5.56mm AR-15 Rifle with B5 Furniture (10-Round Model) $995.00 $899.99. But if I had both steel and brass cased ammo available, I would choose brass every time. With Springfield armory you might pay more but you get quality. If it gets any worse, Ill have to dig out my old slingshot. DB15, Smith and Wesson, Ruger 556, have seen Sig Treads at $850. Well, youll likely want a few more, but Magpul is good. YMMV Shot three rounds from it then tried the original PMAG- This time it set in fine. The worst groups of the day came from the 40-gr Hornady V-Max load, and if you call what I was getting a bad group, youd be wrong both guns just liked the heavier loads a little bit better. Id prefer brass over steel any day, but Ill take what I can find at this point. If the incoming has admin has its way well be like the Jews in Palestine in 1948 cranking out ammo in secret basements. The rifle just seems to balance well in my hands and the pistol, the same. My awesome coworker blended together OD green, grey, and FDE, which turned out to be a great combo that gives it the rugged and war-torn look. Tried to load the PMAG-30 that came with the gun and it would not seat in place- Not sure if it was too hot, so I grabbed my PMAG-40 and it locked right in. As a side note, ive never been disappointed with springfield. Isn't the Saint more expensive than the AR556? Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I was going to go to a gun show in the next week or so but have decide not to go. S&W is close right in there with Ruger and probably has a similar option. Right. The AR-556 has a 16-inch barrel with a fixed front sight and a round polymer handguard, while the new MPR sports an 16-inch barrel inside a free-float aluminum handguard. We are in for some difficult times in the future (at least it seems so). If do not have supplies set now, its bad tactics to have a list of items you just bought. One gun store owner in my area said primers are BO from his supplier for 10-12 months right now. . But no one remembers that. This is an excellent article Pat and your advice is on target. Objective review where many cant be objective when it comes to Springfield Armory products due to politics. Extremely disappointing. Simple light and handie. He also didnt know what else they may change/have changed on the Saint line but talked like there are other things. Another nice touch on the Springfield Saint is that, like that URG-I, the gas block is pinned in place, not just affixed with set screws. Bravo Company Manufacturing. Springfield knows when to invent their own wheel, and when theres just no reason to reinvent a perfectly functioning wheel available from worthwhile others. This thing will be going back Monday morning. I'd take the Glock and brag that I have a rich man's Hi-Point - alayonruger Bonk my glocks eat it all day long without fail; but I like to tell him hes limp wristed. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. I am getting into the AR market and want to get the best for my money. Rifle Kits from Del-Ton, Inc. I am fairly new to the gun world as I just moved from CA to AZ with only a few guns that were handed down to me from my grandfather, so when I moved to AZ I went a bit crazy buying a new gun each moth for the past three months. One I forgot to mention is Del-ton. Also before California makes getting one more difficult than it already is. I switched to a 9mm and shot a thousand rounds while getting coached by an instructor. It was expensive but I received it next day. Yesterday I field stripped and lightly cleaned it- Rifle came nicely lubricated but a little too much for my standards so I wiped and cleaned then re-oiled. You might find a smaller company in your area that has a good deal. I own the Springfield Saint rifle and the Springfield Victor Pistol and love them both. Would instead recommend OP buy a complete upper and lower from Aero Precision and slap 'em together. Ruger MPR or Springfield saint victor So I'm looking to get an AR15 and have come across 2 main guns that I've been considering, the Ruger AR-556 MPR and the Springfield Saint Victor. if it has to be one of those two get the ruger F SA. Took weeks to get it back. Diamondback DB-15 vs. Springfield Saint Victor (AR pistol versions) Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated However, I took off both rear sights on the guns, and replaced them with a detachable carry hand rear sight. Our mail forwarding address is: James Wesley, Rawles We greatly appreciate your support to help keep this blog up and running! Second round, exactly the same thing. The confidence you gain in yourself, your rifle, and your ability to handle a situation is more than worth the price of admission. I have built a few since but it was the first AR I got. A $3/month subscription. - Frances Bacon I bought a Ruger AR556 and am very pleased with it. My own AR came from a small shop in my state, I got it for $850. Just my two cents. Whats your budget you want to stay in and are you against buying online, i know most ffls will help with the process for it. I love it too! Sure, you can pay a lot more for a fancier AR than either the Ruger AR-556 or the Springfield Armory Saint AR, but I dont believe you will be getting more of any AR. I compared the Saint charging handle to the Milspec and it is shorter, so it fits in the shorter channel on the Saint. The Saint series was introduced in 2016. ******* Ive noticed 9mm steel case is more readily available, at least online. #1. Took it to the range Sunday. Thanks Rick. Since purchasing, I have outfitted my Saint with a Vortex Spitfire AR (1x) red dot, which has worked great and was quite easy to zero. Springfield flip up rear and your choice of A2 front post or flip up front sights make the Saint ready to run right out of the box. No there isn't; people overplay free floating way too much. It shoots fine, but I would caution anyone buying a Saint that thinks they might ever want to swap parts with a regular Milspec AR-15. The AR is manufactured by the Armalite Co. You seem to be operating under the misunderstanding that AR stands for "assult rifle". This feels different from the last scare after obama was elected. And we would ask, Whats NEW about it? Dead silence. Their drunk with power, embolden after stealing an election. And, to be sure, both of these ARs are the basic entry-level ARs being offered by these two fine companies. Id personally go with the Ruger. The Saint seriesevery variation in the lineuphas engineering ideas and specific parts incorporated to ramp up these guns to what we, custom builders, have been incorporating for years now. Buy Now Savage MSR15 Recon LRP It is simple and straightforward to operate, and the sturdy, but not quite heavy, weight of the rifle minimizes felt recoil. You may know Springfield from their famed M1A rifles and 1911s . That rifle was the SR-556, and to say it was a big success would be quite an understatement. Established name, good reputation, simple sights already attached and a lifetime warranty.you want more? As of publishing time (Oct. 23), Springfield is shipping the pistol out in limited quantities. It is accurate to 300 yards (longest range I have available) with a Hi-Lux MM2 red dot. Springfield has also released eight SAINT variants over the preceding years; almost all of these, fortunately, features a. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. Sent it in. Personalize your experience. Ruger AR-556 300 Blackout 8572. vs. Palmetto State Armory 7.5" Pistol-Length 300 Blackout 5165447855. Let us know in the comments below. The Ruger AR-556 has a cold hammer-forged barrel that a Sport II does not have. Springfield Saint vs Ruger AR-556 vs S&W M&P15 Sport II - Part 1 MarksmanTV 120K subscribers Subscribe 542K views 5 years ago This is a comparison video between the Saint, the AR-556 and. Yes, pressure on the barrel can affect POI, but it's blown out of proportion. Ml m14 1911 the name is as strong as colt fn rem it's a gem try one run good lube lk frog lube gtg Springfield saint the name of quality slickrick midway ga. Something I loved about the Saint before I even bought it was the option to customize. The 16 barrel is a 1:8 twist M4 profile unit that features a mid-length gas system, a bit of an oddity when we are talking sub-thousand dollar ARs. A mid-length design moves the carbine (16-in. Thanks! Back in the 70s when I bought my Colt AR-15 model SP1 that was about the only AR choice and you were thought of as a little weird for buying one. I just bought one of these in the pistol version Friday afternoon. The Saint also has a muzzle break, and comes in a nice case. Build your own. This article was written several months back, and the ammo situation has gotten a lot worse since then. Ads are what helps us bring you premium content. You may know Springfield from their famed M1A rifles and 1911s both good signs of a quality arms company. Springfield Saint Rifle 10 RD 5.56 16" Picatinny Gas Block (Save up to 13%) Price $893.83. They seem to make pretty good stuff. Very reliable weapon. I would recommend it to a friend, first-time AR-15 buyer, or anyone who wants a solid rifle that will perform without you feeling guilty when the credit card bill arrives. The good news is that it is a very crisp trigger pull. This thing will be going back Monday morning. DONE WITH SPRINGFIELD!!!!! Springfield Armory. Having a good bit of experience with many types of military firearms, I am an AK/SKS guy by default, having fallen in love, so to speak, with them in Vietnam. The trigger weight was perfect too- I actually like it better than my S&W shield weight- I am sure that is comparing apples to oranges but it is how I feel pulling the tigger.
Wild Wonderful Off Grid Where Do They Live, Iracing Street Stock Charlotte Setup, Articles S