And since you're so hung up on logistics, you should be able to comprehend that people in positions of need will more likely risk activities such as drug smuggling. Seemingly every airline is telling you to arrive 2-3 hours ahead of time because you never know how many TSA employees showed up that day. If you make it through quickly, then suddenly you have to kill 2 hours in a lounge. No one would do it. Requiring pilots to meet the same filter as a passenger or FA is sillylook what happened at German Wings A320. Nevertheless, we know it takes man power and probably effects their bottom-line, to manage the check point. It gets Americans used to standing in line while goons grope you - welcome to our increasing police state. This is not a U.S. government site. They're the offenders over and over. Cabin Readiness Safety & Compliance Reminder! How insulting! How many pounds of illegal drugs have TSA agents detected and confiscated since their inception? You cant be responsible enough to be to work on time? Thank you for listening to ALL my pain points. I thought you were a former twitter employee, not an airline pilot. TSA finds almost all guns. If you combine all the flight attendants and look at the numbers is it even close to 1% of crew members doing this? You dont have flight attendants so have no special procedures during flight. KCM should be 100% allowed for pilots there is a MASSIVE difference in career terms and pay between pilots and FAs. Second, customers are always disappointed when a crew member steps to the front of a line. endstream endobj 64 0 obj <> endobj 65 0 obj <>stream And not using the KCM line. This will ensure your ability to use the KCM system again. It didnt always exist. Let the security ppl stick to what they gotta do and you pilots can stick to being glorified bus drivers and you flight attendants can stick to being mobile vending machines. I just hope the tsa dosen't find out we have a one handed crash axe in every cockpit. To the direct and accurate comment that newly minted Flight Attendants who don't have much of a career to lose and much to gain from smuggling..I say if the resources are low then allow KCM for pilots only. Im so tired of the majority of us being punished because of the few idiots that break the rules or commit crimes. CDCCheck is a web-based, touchless and digitized solution from DepartureCheck that complies with the documentation, attestation and record-keeping requirements of this order. This is not good for regular TSA Pre-Check users. After all, theres big money in smuggling drugs, and perhaps some newly minted flight attendants dont feel like they have that much to lose career-wise. I'm tired of regularly going to KCM and being told that I got random. Please follow TSA instructions and do not attempt to resolve the issue with transportation security officers, as they are unable to rectify system failures or denials. Such conduct can jeopardize crewmembers of their right to participate in the program and consequently jeopardizes the entire Known Crew Member (KCM) program. @ Alan -- I mean, I think the people who are actually caught with serious things (like kilos of cocaine) are facing worse punishment than just being banned from KCM Full disclosure- Im a flight attendant, and its frustrating to lose this privilege because of crew members who dont follow the rules. Pilots are not easily replaced, flight attendants are. I promise you that! Some times 10 or 15 TSA screeners at the same time. If TSA cannot confirm a crewmembers identity or current employment status at the KCM access point, the crewmember will be directed to the passenger-screening checkpoint. Queen Mary 2 is certified to carry 4,400 people (3,108 guests and 1,292 crew members). Please read this for the facts and not speculation or conjecture. I have. The way I type indicates that I'm a bum and have a busted vehicle? NOTE: If the selected Crewmember exits the sterile area and attempts to reenter through a KCM access point during this time period, they will continue to be identified for USP. U idiot clearly dont do this for a living.. What do you make of the news of the TSA replacing the Known Crewmember Program with Expedited Crew Access? This is exactly why you dont want the US government telling you how to live your life or whats good for you. Review: EgyptAir Lounge Cairo Airport (CAI), Lufthansas Boeing 787 Business Class: Exactly As Expected. To view KCM security checkpoint lanes at DFW, please visit the Known Crewmember website. Once you receive the barcode card, follow the instructions on the back to register it into the KCM system. I'll go to the end of the line and the flight will leave when I get to the aircraft and complete my duties. Dangerous Goods are items that may endanger the safety of an aircraft or persons on board the aircraft. You are barking up the wrong tree and won't win your argument by saying that any part fo society should ignore illegal activity because it might inconvenience you. I stopped using it entirely for about 2 months now. Flight attendants should have a probationary period and then allowed in as well. A flight attendant like a pilot, goes through random drug tests. Pilots are not, and haven't been the problem. Unfortunately, due to the dubious actions and agendas of a few, here we are. She was seventy-seven years old. If pilots were running a little late for whatever reason, the flight attendants would still be required to be there to board passengers so as not to be faulted with a delay in the boarding process. This enhanced process leverages current technology to provide an effective and cost-efficient solution. It is only there to prevent security threats to aviation, originally hijacking then terrorist attacks. In short, TSA KNOWS that multiple airline crew will push back, making noise that will DEFINITELY generate the news they need to remain relevant when it comes to their jobs. Known Crewmember has been a wonderful privilege. b. Maximum penalties. Times one billion TSA searches a year means $10 billion annually taken from passengers, in addition to the fees and taxes used to pay for the activity. Shoot we regularly have people with guns on the aircraft, air marshals, Leos and ffdos and if one of them snapped one day they could certainly do harm. On January 26, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), issued an order, requiring operators to collect, store and verify documentation on the current COVID-19 status of inbound international air passengers traveling to the United States. Like other airline workers dont use a SIDA badge and go through another entrance. Get mad at your (and my) own work group. Why would there be when you can dump whatever you are smuggling or take it to your car? If a pilots wanted to do something bad they could, weve seen it with Malaysian airlines pilots taking that flight down. Then there are the handful who do things they shouldn't do, that are making it a lot harder for everyone else. 4.1.2. It was thought up and the Airline pilots Union and not he Flight attendants union. The exception is that employees will sometimes be randomly selected to be screened, and the number of random screenings has reportedly increased significantly in recent months (and will continue to increase). Do exactly the opposite. Goose step much Herr Pee Brain? If the crewmember iswearinga uniform, the crewmember must present a KCM barcode card and a non-expired: Aircraft operator-issued crewmember photo ID or National Air Transport Association ID. The vast majority of crew use KCM exactly as they should and are law abiding. FAA MIS REPORTS DUE MARCH 15, 2023 - click, FAA PILOT RECORDS DATABASE DEADLINES - click, Flight School Security Awareness Training, Twelve-Five Standard Security Program (TFSSP), Private Charter Standard Security Program (PCSSP), Flight Training Security Program (FTSP) - formerly AFSP, DCA Access Standard Security Program (DASSP), Full All-Cargo Aircraft Operator Standard Security Program (FACAOSSP), Pilot Records Improvement Act (PRIA) of 1996. International Jet Aviation Services, Inc. Springfield Aircraft Charter and Sales Inc. Airbrock Management and Charter Services Inc. REAL ID enforcement deadline extended to 2025, IMPORTANT: Regulatory Anti-Drug & Alcohol Program Reminder. Never said I don't care about the passenger. The real issue is if you wanted to smuggle something, you would just throw it away if you got random or give it to someone else to try to take it through. Will the Expedited Crew Access program require all pilots and flight attendants to be screened, or? It's not rocket science. Our frustration has absolutely nothing to do with entitlement. Items Prohibited from Federal Facilities: 4 An Interagency Security Committee Standard List of Prohibited Items 4.0 Lists of Prohibited Items The items that are prohibited in Federal facilities include any item prohibited by any applicable Federal, State, local, and tribal law and/or ordinance, as well as firearms, dangerous weapons, I say some because there are agents, pilots, and flights that don't clear security at all. While exact details remain to be seen, it would appear that airline pilots and flight attendants may have to consistently start going through airport security as of next year. As a Flight Attendant I support keeping it for the pilots. That is not correct. Also, the US is rolling governments around the world, including in the US, are doing more surveillance of their own citizens - let alone others from other countries. We shouldn't put anything pass anybody. Its simply a raw grab for power by a federal government already out of control and unable to operate under the Constitution. But it's ridiculous to get rid of a program that seems to be working fairly good so far. Why not stop all cars on the highway and search for drugs? All rights reserved. General. box cutters. Some flight crew position names are derived from nautical terms and indicate a rank or command structure similar to that on ocean-going vessels, allowing for quick executive decision making during normal operations or emergency situations. Meanwhile I have to show my employer issued ID, plus scan a TSA issued barcode identifying me and a 2nd Government issued picture ID (a 3rd ID not in uniform). Packages large enough to smuggle a sufficient quantity of and when people are searched - which IS part of the security screening process - then there is a legitimate NECESSITY to escalate something that is illegally found to the appropriate law enforcement authorities. TSOs are directed toadvisecrewmembers utilizing the KCM access points of the following procedures that arenotallowed. since most smuggling takes place internationally, why doesnt immigration have people go through machines when entering the US? Perhaps we should make it easy for flight attendants to get to the aircraft too? Adding searches of gate personnel and aircrew adds around 5% to the number of searches. They're the offenders over and over. If I'm not trusted, then fine. The Crew Appreciation charge is paid to Holland America Line team members and represents an important part of their compensation. ]m+o^tw?Mxw7{[7Clikcno9b. Then quit and go work somewhere else. 0000001146 00000 n It is unfortunate that in 2023, the program may no longer exist for some. On top of missing birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, special occasions etc. A: No. An automated enhancement to random screening/USP has been enabled in the KCM system. "First responders" L.O.L. The duration of disqualification from participation in KCM is related to the seriousness of the violation and/or a repeated history of regulatory violations. They are the problem, not pilots. We also hoped it would inform and deter travelers from packing prohibited items in their own carry-on and checked bags. AFA worked with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to ensure that Flight Attendants would be included in this vital program, which allows participating crew members to access sterile areas of the airport through a separate crew portal. Forgot your username or password? The 282-ton . Common sense solutions to common sense problems. Whats the data? Cleaners/agents/food vendors/cleaning crews/maintenance. The blame is on BOTH PARTS. 82 0 obj <>stream 0000056810 00000 n If you arrive at the busiest times, youll see dozens of airport staff coming thru the PreCheck positions. Stay in your uniform you wont have that problem. A:A crewmember will be issued a KCM barcode card from their participating airline management staff. xb```b``AX,n_8ya*d0)ZJR 2 70H@ I highly doubt it but they wont release the exact numbers they give vague statements so they can grab more power. We have to submit to a background check to even have KCM.. its a shame a few bad incidents have to ruin this privilege,so tired of the public thinking we are provided with so many nice benefits we arent. A pilot with bad intentions could more easily overpower his crewmate with a weapon. Security is an illusion there is no reason to subject those flying the airplane to TSA checks. Their union fought for this they should be allowed to keep it. Sometimes there's contraband inside, and the well-meaning flight attendant had no idea. Your password can't be a commonly used password. Actually, I've seen the pre- check line longer than the general boarding line! It's not one bit different. The TSAs job is not to look for drugs or identify other illegal activity. It just sucks overall, especially for those of us who do not smuggle drugs or weapons just do their jobs and just want to use flight benefits on their days off. Dangerous Goods must not be carried in (or as) passenger or crew-checked baggage KCM is a privilege, not a right. This is not a U.S. government site. Maybe you should check YOUR attitude! Since you dont deal with people Im going to ignore the commentary on your lack of understanding why its necessary to go through an expedited process as a flight attendant. Well, at least for larger airports. If you did, you wouldn't have made such an inept comment. The people being caught with contraband are both flight attendants and pilots. So drugs should be allowed? I'm a Flight Attendant for a major US Carrier and I've known of a few that have had privileges suspended for a year and of one who had her privileges permanently revoked. 0000011580 00000 n Security is an illusion there is no reason to subject those flying the airplane to TSA checks. I'm also a flight attendant and I don't know about that since it looks like you're happy with arriving an extra couple hours even before your report time at the gate. We are talking IT IS TIME FOR CHANGE. I'm a flight attendant with 34 years seniority. The Department of Homeland Security and the White House also have given their approval for KCM. The government-approved Known Crewmember (KCM) program allows Flight Attendants and Pilots at many airlines to enjoy the convenience of an expedited security screening. First as the article stated, pilots fly the airplane so and second, at most major airports ground personnel do not have to clear security at all, ever! An aircraft can board without a pilotbut not without the minimum crew of flight attendants.. and considering how long our duty days are, I don't know any flight attendants willing to leave their layover hotel a couple hours earlier. I think that the best solution is to permanently revoke the KCM privilege from the offenders. In your feeble mind, do you really think the TSA guy sitting there makes the rules? I guarantee if you're a flight attendant reading this you've said "oF cOuRsE I diD!" In any event, I really enjoy reading your articles. I dont understand this statement about treating flight attendants differently than pilots because we all go through very stringent background checks and process. We did it Joe! That, and the fact that pilots or flight attendants could threaten the safety of the flight, makes crewmembers unique. In commercial aviation, the aircrew are called flight crew. They are using crew screening issues to say, "Hey - we're doing a great job!" https://www.afacwa.org/setting_record_straight_kcm_rumors?fbclid=IwAR2Jx6AzwBq_JTj471QFrQZST-hQzQNXJEa26tUuXbfKvLQLc_UNFuWuNzc. They are a clueless bunch of goons. I then thank them. Flight attendants have been the issue with attempting to smuggling things through KCM. What are you 10 years old kid. Did you mean minutes? Airline pilot here. TSA is out of controltheir job is to prevent a 9-11but today they are covid mask enforcers, DEA agents, uniform police etc etcKCM was paid for and pushed in by ALPA with alpa duesthe F/A's got in for free and ruined it. the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has found circumstances where there have been egregious violations of the KCM requirements. Your flight will be delayed while we get screened. They set their feelings aside and DO the right thing when the chips are down! Related Searches. Questions or feedback by flight crew should be directed to your respective airline. Weve seen an increasing number of people smuggling drugs and other prohibited items through these checkpoints. I dont know if any pilots who have been caught in the USA smuggling drugs. Your feedback is important in helping us keep our community safe. KCM Crewmember definition & requirements: For the purpose of the KCM Program, authorized crewmembers have been defined by the TSA as: Captains or Pilots in Command, First Officers or Co-Pilots, Flight Engineers, Flight Navigators, Flight Attendants and Load Masters for full all-cargo operations. While you have no idea what its like going through security as many times as we do with our heavy bag, etc, as many times as we do, it is actually quite frustrating to walk up to kcm and be randomed 2/3 of the time. Then there are the handful who do things they shouldn't do, that are making it a lot harder for everyone else. Too bad Clayton Osbon didn't have a gun and kill the fo right? However, crewmembers on an extended leave of absence greater than 30 days, to include: disability, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), military deployment, voluntary leave of absence, furlough, suspension, termination, retirement, or other leave of absence must be suspended or removed from the KCM system. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits! The "Flight Attendants" column denotes airlines whose Flight Attendants are eligible to participate in the KCM program. HAAAA!!! I just assumed thats how it works pretty much everywhere. This enhanced identity-verification and employment-confirmation system for airline pilots will make airport checkpoint screening more efficient for all who depend on air transportation by removing airline pilots from passenger screening lines. This enhanced process leverages current technology to provide an effective and cost-efficient solution. metagenics pyramid schemehow much was $50 cents worth in 1930. long haul trucking companies; blocks of bird breeding cages. Editorial Disclosure: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any entity mentioned herein. 99.99% of those passengers have done nothing wrong, and are carrying no contraband nor weapons. If being a part of a society with all of its problems is too much, there is no TSA screening for general aviation. These include cultural goods, wild fauna and flora and products derived from these, vegetables and plant products, weapons and ammunition, medicines, tobacco and alcoholic beverages. Then go deal with management messaging and calling asking why your late to the gate because you got a random search and your flight is 3 terminals away. Your fellow drug smugglers "submitted backgrounds" top. I'm a TSA officer and I'm glad KCM is ending. They are dropped off @ the secure side of the terminal. Secondly, its rather disturbing that TSA agents have very little oversight in regards to entering secure areas with bags, purses, etc. I'm sure many blog readers have stories of this to share. There weren't "delays" before KCM. As a paying subscriber of CLEAR & TSAPre, I would welcome a dedicated crew/employee line for those employees that are working. I am prepared to share more, IF the system does not change. He clearly doesnt do this on the day yo day and sounds dumb. ENR 5. If you believe that a KCM denial occurred relative to your employment status, please enter the sterile area as directed via the passenger-screening checkpoint and, when time permits, ask your airline supervisor for assistance in rectifying the situation with your carrier. H\Ak0:bf0mBmM85ld8.!gv?d}R{>Eee That is completely wrong! Failure to submit to screening at the passenger screening checkpoint (e.g., using a SIDA badge to avoid screening) is considered circumvention of screening, and TSA may take enforcement action in accordance with the KCM Disqualification Protocols (KCMDP). I dont think there was EVER a 3-4 HOUR security line.except maybe right after 9/11 or perhaps a few times in AMS over the summer. Q: What should I do if the TSA cannot validate my identity and employment status at the KCM access point? Stay mad, enjoy going through the security checkpoint. Any self respecting smuggler can take that on one flight, depending on what drug it is. TSA never figured it out, who screens TSA agents? Crewmembers may use KCM access points in or out of uniform in accordance with the identification requirements above. Also a lot of airports, like Ohare, dont require ground crew to go through security check points. Also, according to you, pilots don't have to because "." does this mean pilots can't do exactly what yiu allege FAs are doing? Instead it should focus on how TSA has become more relaxed and lazy at doing their jobs and are short staffed and dont have officers to man the KCM station so everytime someone Blame it on the flight attendants, but oh the pilots wouldn't try to smuggle anything. Then to say the flight attendants can make a few runs and make their salary. Lmao you think I care about wait times and passenger volume? They are "consensual" in name only, and that bending of the usual prohibition of unwarranted search is justified only because their primary purpose is to stop terrorists from taking weapons onto planes. 1) Its pretty insulting to trash the time & money spent. I'm laughing my ass off at all of these angry flight attendants and pilots saying TSA shouldn't worry about drugs lol. 30 days of history is only recorded for crewmembers with a mykcmsupport.com account I have been using KCM for a while, but just now created an account to see my history, why is there no history?
Panorama City Police Department Phone Number, Articles K