Im open-minded and lol HOPE HK keeps being the Porsche of SA tactical offensive and defensive high-end pistols but the Sigs, 226 and the 320 for me, the Springfields (the 1911 style custom champion Ive had forever, the 1911s my STI, and on are all great guns. The main feature that separates the VP9 from its competitors is that it has a completely modular grip assembly. Add to Cart. How many times have you seen someone in a gun store choose a gun because they liked the way it felt? Unfortunately, we had to consult HKs website for a video that demonstrated how easy it is after learning that the VP9 B owners manual is the same literature as the original VP9s. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. Two flat steel tabs provide an easy-to-grip surface when charging the slide to chamber a round. Generally, shooters will either size the grip once or never change them at all. HK VP9 Optics Plate #10 - SIG ROMEO 1 PRO. Honestly nothing not to like with the p30 man.. My guess is they will offer that one day. This premium grade airsoft pistol combines high-performance with high value, and is perfect for those looking for a powerful sidearm on a budget; without having to make compromises in quality or performance. However, HK is not the only brand affected by the Wests desire for push-button magazine releases. I am at odds as to why they did it when they are innovators and while not a blanket statement, they do pretty much set the pace and standard, even being the first to put a polymer framed SA out well before Glock and others (I think 12 years before Glock but its still a world where the same complainers of their totally proven mag release that probably also are quick with the Glock was the FIRRRRRST with a polymer and rail, and blah blah blah. The slide also has forward serrations for things like press checks and other slide manipulation techniques. Great looking gun!! Its possible that some existing holsters may not work with the slightly different frame profile. http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/203244-vp9-law-enforcement-2.html. And then dragging on with again, a pocket thesaurus and the same story. Lockup between the slide and barrel is tight, and the crisp, clean, single-action feel of the trigger enabled offhand hits on an 8-inch target consistently at 50 yards. its one of the many things that sets HK apart from the pack. Required fields are marked *. Not Available Dealers are dealers Brownells cannot ship guns to at this time. Customization is also carried to pistol accessories. If its price that keeps you away from considering HK products, we encourage you to run a cost analysis and think in terms of total life cycle. I do enjoy the language involved in your articles and like how youve always been in control with the adjectives and saying the same damn thing over and over like a detent pin is something to talk about because of its multiple sides and was invented by John spring across the room Doe. The L version comes with a five-inch, polygonal cold hammer-forged, six-groove, machined stainless steel barrel. You do not have to pay a lot of money to access its amazing features. Again, this is about preference as it varies from one person to another. HK offers six different plates for mounting a red dot, but none is included with the purchase of the pistol. All Local Sales are FREE! It deserves a spot on the list of stack-and-a-half micro 9 millimeters. This was a marked increase on the earlier HK4.A limited run of civilian variant pistols, the VP70Z, were also chambered in 9x21mm for the Italian market. Sounds like you need to purchase a P30. HK does things differently. Because they are precision machined, the slide-to-plate fit is tight and even, which helps not only with aesthetics but also with durability. As a striker-fired pistol, there is no external hammer to snag, and no fewer than four safety features allow it to be carried in a variety of positions. It also has a slightly longer trigger guard than the P30 to allow more room for a gloved finger. You can see that people will always find this model being highly versatile. Jeff Bradley shows off the Modern Hunting Rifle (MHR) from Christensen Arms at SHOT Show 2023. A charging support system, developed and patented by Heckler & Koch, is located at the rear of the slide, just below the rear sights. The Judge has been promoted! 642230261891. FOREVER. I KNOW there are very fast actioned button using mag release operators, but you have to make a FORWARD and deliberate movement to that button and youll want to do so without affecting your grip at all less you want to lose more time repositioning your hand(s). It is in low light conditions that they work best. If you buy a product from us and decide to return it, well take it back at any time with very few exceptions. If you have no use for this feature, the manual suggests that flush-fitting inserts can be ordered to replace the wings. HK offers a B version of the standard VP9 that comes with a button release, but as of right now, the VP9L is outfitted only with the paddle. Some may feel safer with the saftey on a striker gun, but the gun is about as safe as it gets. You will also notice that it comes with a low profile lever. For over 75 years, shooters, professional gunsmiths, hobbyists, military/law enforcement armorers, hunters, and gun tinkerers have turned to Brownells for high-quality guns, gun parts, ammunition, and more. Norman is a US Marine Corps veteran as well as being an SSI Assistant Instructor. This system, developed by Hecker & Koch, overcomes the inherent problem with standard round groove-and-land bores, which allow propellant gasses to escape around the projectile; the H&K polygon bore traps more of the gasses and increases velocity. Ergonomic, adjustable grip Every detail, including the grip angle, the contour of the front strap and the high rear saddle were chosen to fit the human hand. It is also easy to manipulate the slide thanks to the charging supports added to the model. Ben Voss FN Product Manager talks about the new FN SCAR 15P ultra-compact rifle-caliber pistol at SHOT Show 2023. They are always visible, making it easy for you to use them. Conventional lands-and-grooves rifling allow propellant gasses to escape around the front of the bullet as it is fired from the barrel muzzle. With the VP9 having won Guns & Ammos 2016 Handgun of the Year award, our staff didnt anticipate disappointment with the new VP9 B model. A favored weapon by Law Enforcement. Lets talk more about the operating systems, the materials the springs are made of, the spec room for error, the proprietary (once again, an innovator) recoil reduction spring set up. Sometimes the trigger mechanism can influence the type of people who would want to get this type of handgun. Final cost and estimated delivery date can be seen in your cart. It looks just like any other regular handgun. For example, exchangeable backstraps and side pieces in sizes S, M and L allow you to create a grip with a perfect fit. GLOCK G43X Gen5 MOS Slimline Sub-Compact Pistol $ 499.99. There is no doubt that controls are among the important considerations when looking for a new handgun. It is definitely NOT you but your write up did spur the question of WHAT THE HECK IS THE VP9 BEING TALKED ABOUT LIKE ITS THE LATEST KID ON THE BLOCK WHEN ITS ONLY GOT A BUTTON NOW? The trigger on the test gun broke at 5.6 pounds when tested on a Wheeler gauge, and it was remarkably consistent across all 10 trigger pulls. A cocking indicator, located on the rear end of the slide, shows a red dot when the pistol is ready to be fired. Also included with VP9s are changeable backstraps and separate side panels that serve as palm swells. The HK VP9 polygonal barrel is 4.1 inches long and has six grooves with a 1 in 9.8-inch right-hand twist. Price: $749.00. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Save 12%. The VP9L OR factory pistol is here, and its optics ready. | Delivery date may change with additions to cart. Consider some Walther pistols, for example. Its a button, I dont like it myself as I quickly because about twice as fast using my index finger in its natural and continual path on the last round (traveling about 1/4 inch at most) and releasing that mag a split second of a split after the gun spits out its last bullet towards the plate in a Steel Challenge match. The suffix B in the new VP9 Bstands for button. The push-button magazine release is a feature developed specifically to satisfy the American market. Nevertheless, you should find this type of handgun quite impressive for several applications. . Once you get used to it, then it becomes less energetic for every reset. It comes with what the manufacturer calls as a zipper assembly. Additionally, both guns also come with interchangeable side and rear grip panels. Prices. As you can see, this handgun has its own strengths and weaknesses. About the author: BTW, I own Glocks and many other guns in the same category in both 9 and 45 and I have my favorites that are usually the HKs but not always. You know that some striker-fire designs use a "pre-cocked" or "partially cocked" striker.the VP9 is one of them. Smith & Wesson is first to create a production revolver in the popular .350 Legend cartridge. Safety is paramount, particularly for a concealed carry pistol. The absorbed energy is given off making them glow green. The new big bore pistols feature industry-first capacity, with a standard 15-round capacity and 22+1 rounds of 10mm or 18+1 rounds of .45 ACP from the extended magazines. Thats it, Im getting on Google and turning on the google voice that converts language and calling the German location tomorrow in an effort to speak to them in their native tongue to show that Im not a stuck up Westerner whos demands made them reconsider and change a perfectly made gun. Made in southwest Germany, VP9 pistols are produced in the Oberndorf factory. At press time there were three plates in stock: Meopta Meo Sight III, EOTech MRDS and Noblex Sight 3; Trijicon RMR and Holosun; and C-More STS2. Like other contemporary push-button mag releases, the VP9-B safety is reversible for right- and left-handed users. Every onece in a while ya catch some grammatical error or wrong name etc. Its obvious that HK engineers anticipated the gun might get rough-housed a little. Smith & Wesson's latest M&P Shield, the Plus, is at the head of the micro/high-cap class. To accomplish this, youll need to have the ability to remove the rear sight. I know thats probably just a statement or hook line but it has been a sore spot and a topic constantly (HK and its catering to others rather than caring about Americas private sector for sales. Whats more, the bright, wide yellow/green front dot is highly visible and draws the eye to correct position. A four-slot, extended Picatinny rail is molded into the frames dustcover and will accept the addition of lights and aiming lasers. The new-for-2023 lineup includes ultralight hunting stocks and a VGA 2-pound adjustable vertical-grip stock. It seemed like many had been waiting for this most important handgun ever. The most obvious difference between the VP9 and VP9L OR, except perhaps the angular slide-lightening cuts, is barrel length. And the rear of the slide has extended tabs for ease of use the tabs are removable for concealed-carry. While it retains the groundbreaking design of that family, the VP9 offers many new features integrated into a system that provides accuracy, dependability and easy customization for matching an individual shooter's needs. Parts listed here are specific to the HK VP9 pistol model chambered in 9mm unless otherwise noted. Shipped in a plastic clamshell case, VP9 pistols only come with two magazines, which is surprising given that many brands offering similar-purpose pistols include three. It comes with a number of unique features that should make it easily stand out from the other models available today. This release is mounted on the right side and will mirror the same functionality as the one on the left side. Ya cant use the thumb button mag release very well with those installed unless it comes with time and practice but I already switched out the button to a Valquartsen extended paddle in the same hole which while isnt the same, helps a lot. The H&K VP9,VP9L pistol is unique; it's a full size yet suitable for duty, open carry, or defending your home. Please tell me what you think about a button mag release and then a paddle release (Hks) thats millimeters away from your finger with the trigger at the rear position and why or why you do or do not like one or the other. Certainly, the ergonomics of the grip helped as well. I clearly remember the first time I fired the HK VP9. If there is anything in your cart, it will not be brought over to the old site. If we included all six plates with the pistol, customers would have to pay for those.. Once you are good, then your accuracy might just improve further. If youre looking for a sidearm with a long service life, one that is dependable and capable of shrugging off abuse, the HK VP9 series meets these requirements. Even with a price tag that was $100 or more higher than some competing models, I thought the VP9 would be a winner. The rail has been tested and certified to handle mounted accessories up to 5.6 ounces. The VP9 is Heckler & Koch's long awaited, full-size, striker-fired 9mm pistol, suitable for duty, open carry, or home defense. Notify When In Stock. Price: $27.00. VP9 pistols all use proven HK P30 steel magazines. The ergonomics of the grip make the HK VP9 exceptionally comfortable to shoot. Before I shot the VP9L OR I mounted the SRO and took the gun apart to inspect the internals. Swapping the button from the left side to the right requires no special tools and can be done in a couple of minutes. The feed ramp is polished smooth and the beefy side-mounted extractor is machined from quality steel and measures 0.2 inch tall. Adjustable laser, battery door, master kill switch. The trigger-mounted safety prevents accidental discharge from impact if the VP9 is struck or dropped, and a disconnector ensures that the slide must be in battery for the VP9 to fire. Sub Categories. The .380 I got for $ 230.00, and the HK in 9MM for $ 360.00. Shipping costs are shown for this product only. It comes from Germany, a country with a good reputation when it comes to making handguns and cars too. Ambidextrous controls mean that any control on the left side of the hand has a duplicate on the right hand side. I'd look into the P30, or maybe an M&P with safety. It is amazing how HK included the charging supports. Champion Safe Co. 2055 S. Tracy Hall Parkway Provo, UT 84606 801.377.7199 support@championsafe.com. Bad bad HK for kissing our Western arses and doing that (so it is said in the title) and then putting the gun back out on the shelves in basically the same way it was before. Similar HK barrels on 9 mm P30 models fired more than 90,000 rounds in endurance tests in 2010. With a length of 7.34" and a slide width of 1.32", a 4.1" barrel and a weight (with empty magazine) of 25.56 ounces, the HK VP9 is small enough and light enough for concealed carry, but just as capable for law enforcement and military use. Yes, some people might be skeptical about using it, but you will find it is as fast as the button-release for the magazine. He has unwavering support for the Second Amendment and the human right to self-defense. Click for Details. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. VP9-B Pistols, 9mm - supplied with two additional backstraps and two additional sets of lateral grip plates. The release lever has also been enlarged, while still maintaining a low profile, and is located on the right side. With its five-inch barrel the VP9L OR measures 8.25 inches long. And its smooth-shooting nature makes it an ideal target pistol. Never know what you will find. I find the H&K well engineered and well thought out. The VP9s machined steel slide is protected from corrosion and wear by HKs hostile environment finish. On opening the box, you will get the firearm and other important accessories. If you go to a range, ask just how many rounds a VP9 has shot and you will be amazed. Weve seen some guns malfunction when certain accessories were mounted, but HK assures everyone that this wont happen with any VP9. Kimber 1911 Rapide Full Size Pistol. Fantastically accurate and the best trigger pull (4.6 lbs) of all the other guns on the market!! I was certain a competition model would follow. Thats a sign the VP family of pistols is catching the attention of shooters, so dont be surprised if you see the L version on a range near you very soon. Umarex HK VP9 Green Gas Airsoft Pistol (Threaded Barrel Version) (by VFC) - Black Out of Stock UMX-26366. Factory Outlet Hours. I purchased my h&k vp9 3 months ago and I think this is one of the best pistols I have ever shot. It might be something you see in the Glock, but HK started the trend with the P9 model. There are several notable features. - Multiple Reticle SystemTM (MRS): 32 MOA Circle & 2 MOA Dot; 2 MOA Dot; 32 MOA Circle, - Direct Fit For HK VP9TM Optics-Ready Handguns. A total of six different thicknesses of side panels and three different side panels can be ordered, to allow the operator to find the right combination for optimal grip. Standard Dealers have not yet agreed to perform FFL transfers on guns purchased online from Brownells. They fit and work together in any combination. This system can support up to 5.6 ounces of accessories without impact on shooting performance. Several standard safety measures are built into the VP9 B. The VP9-B has the same 4.1-inch barrel and full-size grip as the original and maintains the ambidextrous slide release levers. Even so, "striker fired" doesn't tell the whole story. In any firearm, especially a handgun, the many touchpoints between theshooter and the firearm are critical to consistent, repeatable, performance. Showing 1-12 of 91 results. Is it me, or did you have to break out the ole Thesaurus to accomplish due diligence in making this article longer than a couple sentence? Controls on this pistol are pretty standard for a polymer-frame, striker-fired pistol with one notable exception: the magazine release. The charging supports do not add a lot of thickness to the pistol, so they should not be a problem for many users. So why the BUTTON? As with all of Heckler & Koch firearms, the barrel has the pioneering cold hammer-forged polygonal bore used in all H&K handguns. Though no one hardly EVER talks about the INSIDES of guns. Again practice or just TRY using the shooting index finger on this platform (the paddle style ambidextrous mag release) where you simply (because it IS simple to do, but requires practice to get out of the normal realm and to speeds much faster than the button style method (my opinion). GUARANTEED. (Photo: H&K). Whats more, the slide locked back on the last shot each time, which doesnt happen with a lot of new gunseven ones costing more than the VP9L OR. Subscriber Services. Sensible as that is, American shooters dont seem inclined to drop their allegiance to the more familiar push-button style mag release. In addition to the interchangeable grips HK pistols also offer sensible, functional texturing, a proper grip angle and well-positioned finger panels that offer enough latitude to accommodate hands of various sizes. All of these featureshelp you get the same consistent grip, every time you pick up your VP. Once you are good, then your accuracy might just improve further. The VP9s proprietary captive flat recoil spring helps reduce the recoil forces effecting the operator and the handgun, improving shooter control during rapid firing and prolonging component service life. The moment you have it in your hand, it just feels right. This feature is not common in many other handguns. Whats more, the takedown lever decocks the pistol, so theres no need to pull the trigger prior to fieldstripping. Cannon-grade steel and a nitride finish are sure to provide long service life. Max Slowik is a writer with over a dozen years of experience and is a lifelong shooter. None of these negatively impact the smooth, clean, non-stacking 5-pound trigger press. I own a VP9 and the safety is on the trigger like a Glock. (LE models include three magazines.) These dealers either do not meet our requirements for FFL transfers, or prefer to not perform transfers for guns purchased online from Brownells. One of the best controls include having a long slide release. With a capacity of up to 15 rounds, it is quite good. Account must be created to use promo code. Heckler & Koch put together a video with simple instructions. The Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm pistol is the first striker-fired handgun manufactured by H&K since their P7 series was introduced in the 1980s. Cannon-grade steel and a nitride finish are sure to provide long service life. Made from DuPont Zytel polymer pistol material. The VP9-B also has a cocked striker indicator in the striker locking plate as well as a loaded chamber indicator along the extractor. The striker-fired VP9L OR uses the same recoil-operated design as the standard VP9, and both guns use a captive flat-wire recoil spring. His service included operation Restore Hope in Somalia and Desert Storm in Kuwait. That gives just enough clearance on either side of the front post to quickly and efficiently center the 0.135-inch luminescent dot on the target. The metal slide gives the 730-gram pistol a realistic weight. Joe Kurtenbach and Caleb Giddings also look at the first-ever optics-ready carry revolvers with the new Taurus 605 and 856 T.O.R.O. This is because these controls need a bit of force to get them working. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. Satisfactorily textured, the frame is both attractive and functional. And the adaptable grip frame allows you to interchange both backstraps andgrip panels in 27 unique configurations to fit your hand. I was pawn shopping over Christmas and ran across a few pistols that needed a second look. The SCS can potentially operate indefinitely using an internal, rechargeable . Share your e-mail with us to receive regular sales, offers, and promotions. Norman is very proud of his service, and the time he spent in the Marine Corps and does not dwell on his injuries or anything negative in his life. Top-quality parts means you wont be nursing the gun back to health when you shoot it a bunch. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. Perhaps it will change, but as of now we know that the commercial version of the HK VP9 B comes with two magazines, yet pistols destined for law enforcement service receive three, as well as night sights. But the VP9L OR is also built for longevity. The three-dot sights are luminous, meaning that they glow when charged by light. I do and use 2 on the rimfire division on my Mark4 that Ive transformed into a race gun. PS: For anyone who has an issue with the paddle style mag releases attached to the bottom rear of the trigger guard area, I say before you dismiss that set up for no good reason other than your buddy doesnt like it or youve read that it is stupid to have that set up, try or PRACTICE (as thats what almost everyone with these fowl tempers against HKs line needs and so do I to continue to climb up and place in the nationals in Steel Challenge shooting etc (to get my Master, and finally my Grand Master status). I find the reversable mag release interesting. Sure, it costs more than other guns in this category, but with its build quality and reliability, accuracy, optics-ready capability and prodigious 20-round capacity, the VP9L would make a superb personal defense handgun in situations where concealability isnt paramount. A radical new material used on the P9S pistol in the late 1960s, advanced polymers were soon used as major components and assemblies on a variety of HK products including the receivers of MP5s in the 1960s. Just a heads up, check out the pawn shops once in a while. 81000285. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. All I can say is check it out you wont be disappointed you did. If you choose a Standard Dealer, you are responsible for contacting that dealer and arranging for the dealer to submit a signed copy of an FFL and to give Brownells permission to ship the gun. You can have those who would like it and others might have a different opinion. The fore-edge of the grip has molded finger grooves to give the shooter an instinctive position for a stable hold for accurate shooting. Stock Status. The VP9L OR is mechanically similar to the five-inch VP9 that shooters have come to love. Best-in-class trigger The VP trigger surpasses those found on competitors. Kimber 1911 Rapide Full Size Pistol $ GLOCK G43X Gen5 MOS Slimline Sub-Compact Pistol. Uses human touch technology to turn on, no mechanical switch or push button or holster activation. The VP9 has an extended Picatinny MIL-STD-1913 rail molded into its polymer frame for mounting lights and accessories. It is also expected that it will be better than any other striker-fired mechanism available today on the market. During daylight, they will absorb the energy and look white as if functionless. Yep, Im one of the older ones. The slimmer slide catch should also make it easy to move it upwards without blocking in anyway. HKs famous cold hammer forged barrel made from cannon grade steel ensures long service life. 2150 South 950 East Provo, UT 84606. 32,827 views Jan 6, 2017 559 Dislike Share Save Green Light Shooting 158K subscribers I got my hands on an HK VP9 handgun recently and I must say, it's. Despite the high-bore axis high as compared to other striker fired guns, such as a Glock or CZ P-10 series the VP9 B was comfortable, fast, and flat shooting. One of the best pieces of advice I received as a competitive shooter was if you want to be as good as you can be, you need a gun that tests your limits, not the other way around. We credit the proprietary, captive, flat recoil spring for its low felt recoil. "Teach not what you've been taught, but what you have. The charging supports are two polymer ears found on the handguns rear end of the slide. So, what does that mean? Conveniently, the rotation of the takedown lever decocks the pistol, and the slide slips right off the frame. Absent of traditional lands-and-grooves, the polygonal bore profile improves service life and is purported to increase muzzle velocity. sights will work just like any other white dots, Top 10 Best Revolvers for Concealed Carry in 2023, Best 1911 Pistols for the Money to Use for Every Day Carry, Top 6 Best Concealed Carry (CCW) Guns Under $400 To Buy In 2023 Reviews, Best Budget Guns For New Shooters Top Review Of 2023, Top 6 Best Bullpup Rifles and Shotguns in 2023 Reviews, The Best Single Stack Subcompact 9mm Pistols in 2023, Best Home Defense Tactical Shotguns Under $500, Best 10mm Handguns for Hunting and Self Defense, Smith & Wesson M&P Shield vs Springfield XD-S, Palmetto State Armory (PSA) AR-10 Gen 3 (.308) Review, Savage Arms 12 FV Bolt-Action Varmint Rifles Review, Smith & Wesson M&P Shield M2.0 vs Sig Sauer P938, Sig Sauer P320 Compact vs Glock 19 Gen 4 Comparison.
Paul Henderson Lawyer, National Early Childhood Conferences 2023, Affordable Lakefront Property 2021, What Element Is X On The Periodic Table, Hive Stock Forecast 2025, Articles H