Later, when I read about his feelings and reasons for leavingit made sense. He was a good friend and will be greatly missed. I was a student manager for four years and was the head manager of the national championship team. Obituaries Section. Thoughts and prayers to you , Dana and family. Superbowl Jets was one my earliest childhood memories. Dana, I'm sure you don't remembr me (it's only been 50 years!!) May you seek comfort in the God of all comfort at this difficult time. Arrangements under the direction of Gebhart-Schmidt-Parramore Funeral Home, Miamisburg, OH. It was clear he loved you because he was always talking about you! Some of Mr. Sauer's concerns about professional football were prophetic, and I hope his death may bring his insights to a new and more receptive audience. Masks and social distancing are required. - Turbotville in. I am in my 60s and was a big Jet Fan in the 60s (not so much now). I admired George, followed every bit of his career, was shocked when he left the game and upset that it was impossible to keep up with his "afterlife". "You are opening your hand and satisfying the desire of every living thing."pslm.145:16.dm. I just heard about it today. This site is provided as a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC. He caught everything thrown his way.He was a great one. Sign up for service and obituary updates. "RIP George Sauer," former Jets wide receiver Wayne Chrebet wrote on Twitter. Russ went on to a distinguished career in the Insurance business with Allstate Insurance in Albuquerque, NM before becoming President of the Wilson Agency in Chicago, IL. Sauer, a wide receiver on the Jets' only Super Bowl championship team, has died. Russ' first visit to Baja, Mexico and fishing in the Sea of Cortez was in 1962. After moving to Potomac in 1964, George became President of his neighborhood civic association and then President of the Montgomery County Civic Federation. Each pitch looked like a Hoyt Wilhelm knuckleball with strikeouts much more prevalent than hits. He left the University of Texas after being drafted by the New York Jets. Search by Name. Whenever I went out for a pass in our street football games, I was "George Sauer". Send a note, share a story or upload a photo. After experiencing the political and economic climate in Bermuda in the 1960s, he said he then understood what Karl Marx was writing about in the 1860s. My mother was also at Manor Care for dementia. For some people, the best send-off is one that they would have loved to attendthemselves: a big party. Post and Courier Charleston Homepage. We put white shirts on backwards, added a black pullover sweater and black blazer and were generally flirting with being struck by lightning. Heck, the whole 69 Jets team was comprised of Texans but for the QB. I use to run by his house to see if I could catch a glimpse. George H. Sauer, a former college football coach who served as general manager of the New York Titans and later as the first director of player personnel for their successor, the New York Jets,. You were a noble and gentle soul George, and the best receiver I ever had. Giving to charity is a meaningful way to honor someone who has died. George is survived by his sister, Dana Keifer of Westerville, OH; two nephews, Jeff (Laurie) Keifer and Greg (Laurie) Keifer and their families all of Westerville, OH; aunt, Joyce Harnett of El Solyo, CA; uncle Robert (Lee) Werner of Ft. Mill, South Carolina and numerous cousins. RIP. In lieu of any cards or flowers, please make a donation to Hope Hospice in Fort Myers, Fl. You have funeral questions, we have answers. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. God Bless you and your family. Always miss you, that smile and friendship! He was 69. He married Wilma Sarah Bien in 1959 and they had four children. After leaving the Jets, George joined the Carolina Chargers of the American Football Association as a player and defensive coordinator and then became head coach. CANDLE HAS BEEN LIT CANDLES HAVE BEEN LIT, We are reviewing your submission. Echovita Inc is a registered trademark. Copyright 2023 Echovita Inc. All rights reserved. George H. Sauer, Jr., 69, formerly of Waco, Texas, passed away May 7, 2013 at Manor Care Health facility in Westerville, Ohio, following a lengthy battle with Alzheimers Disease. 5:7, George was like a big brother to me while I was in my early teens. Grief Support. I loved working with him for so many years through Hoseltons and myself. Now I understand why, I hadnt found him. Spent many sunny wonderful days talking and playing tennis. Goodbye old friend. He was predeceased by : his parents, Fredrick August Sauer, Sr. and Anita Elizabeth Sauer. Published by The Plain Dealer from Dec. 29 to Dec. 30, 2007. So sorry to hear of George's passing. This site is provided as a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC. Sometimes we would pass in the hall and on occassion he would return our smiles. Receive obituaries from the city or cities of your choice. I knew why. My husband is good with details of pro football teams. George will always live on in my memory. If youre in charge of handling the affairs for a recently deceased loved one, this guide offers a helpful checklist. Russ was born July 14, 1929 in New York City and grew up in Manhattan. November 4 2015 You will remain in our hearts forever. 17, 2017. Russ is survived by his longtime partner Barbara Murphy, his 3 sons and their spouses: Steve and Glenda Sauer of Carlsbad, NM, Jim and Eileen Sauer of Austin, TX, and Tom and Janine Sauer of San Antonio, TX, 5 grandchildren: Jeff Sauer and wife Sharon, Hannah Sauer, Colleen Pate and husband Brad, Kevin Sauer, and Kaitlin Sauer, and 3 great-grandchildren: Hudson, Ella and Glenda. he will be missed. The family moved to Silver Spring, Maryland in 1939. Send simple, comforting meals with Home Chef. He was assigned to the Bermuda Station for two years. george and i were at waco high togetheralthough we didn't know one another, i've always been proud that WHS was represented in that historic superbowl win and that he had such a great NFL careernot bad for a teasip, eh?my thoughts and prayers are with his family at this difficult time George was an elegant athlete, who played with grace and courage. His mother Eleanor Gude Sauer dedicated her life to charity and was an expert in antiques. Send Flowers. My sincere condolences to his family, friends, and former teammates. Farewell to a better place! Small world. George Edward Sauer was born on June 6th 1934 in Washington,DC, the first child of Nellie Evelyn Fouche and Herman Adolph Sauer. His 39-yard catch to the Colts 10-yard line late in the third quarter set up the Jets' final field goal early in the fourth that gave New York a 16-0 lead. Upon finishing his enlistment in the Navy he joined the IBM Space Center and Project Mercury. Russ' first visit to Baja, Mexico and fishing in the Sea of Cortez was in 1962. Expand the Memories and Condolences form. Funeral arrangement under the care ofNorman Dean Home for Services Inc. Our sympathies to the entire Sauer family. You did good in life, May God hold you in His Palm. He never got the recognition that he so deserved. We were happy to hear him play piano todefinitely another talent. Donations may be made, in his memory, to City of Hope, 1500 E. Duarte Rd., Duarte, CA, 91010 Attn: Central Processing Dept. Published by. Dana, I am so sorry to hear of Georges passing. Let others know about your loved one's death. We had many long talks about many things, some of it way over my head because he knew so much about so many thingsscience, medicine, history, poetry, music, lieterature.I could go on and on. It was uncanny. When he was not volunteering for the Sheriff's Department, he could be found running his homeowners association and acting as a Guardian ad Litem for abused children. sorry for the loss of your loved one.God has said that he will comfort you in your time of need. (Rev.12:3,4), May God's gentle peace fill your heart and comfort your soul today and, My heart goes out to the family for your loss. Our last name is Sauer and my dad told me we were related. When we finally realized Georges story, I asked him how he got to Westerville, He told me my sister lives here. I was in junior high school in Middleport, Ohio when I became a fan of the Jets. And I could talk to him about anything. thanks for all the great catches with the J.E.T.S.!!! GEORGE SAUER OBITUARY. time has passed so fast seems like yesterday that my father brother and i were watching super bowl 3 thank you mr sauer for that special day i know life is more then football and so did you,rest in peace hope to see you on the other side. Select boxes below to reduce the number of results. Rest in Peace man George also was a member of the national champion Texas Longhorns in 1963. That's the player I wanted to be. He was the son of Rose and Alfred Sauer Sr. Born in Little Falls, Minnesota, he was the 8th of 10 Lawrence George Sauer, Jr., 61 of Louisville, passed away Wednesday, August 29, 2018. As a boy growing up in a blue collar "NY Giants" town, I idolized the late 60's - early 70's NY Jets. A great athlete and role model. He made the Jets what they were in 1969 and I will always remember him. George August Sauer George August "Sonny" Sauer, Sr., 83, of Orma, WV, passed away on Sunday, February 28, 2021, at his home. I was also an art student and my conflicted feelings about violence in sport were confirmed by George's decision. The Dignity Memorial brand name is used to identify a network of licensed funeral, cremation and cemetery providers that include affiliates of Service Corporation International, 1929 Allen Parkway, Houston, Texas. Played little league baseball with George; very good catcher and outstanding football player. George ALWAYS won. GEORGE SAUER OBITUARY Sauer George H. Sauer Jr, 69, formerly of Waco, TX, passed away May 7, 2013 at Manor Care Health facility in Westerville, OH, following a lengthy battle with. The church is located at 11845 Seven Locks Road, Rockville, Maryland. Prayers to your family. GEORGE SAUERS OBITUARY George Sauers's passing at the age of 78 on Tuesday, March 8, 2022 has been publicly announced by Brooks Funeral Home & Cremation Services, P.C. My deep condolences at the death of a man who brought more joy than he probably realized. George's family is honoring a long-standing request not to have calling hours or a service. That and Governor Theodore R. McKeldin influenced him to join the Republican Party. He was awarded a Maryland Senatorial Scholarship to St. John's College in Annapolis. GEORGE SAUER OBITUARY. The family moved to Silver Spring, Maryland in 1939. Obituaries Section . Service. Receive obituaries from the city or cities of your choice. In 1986 he was asked to fill the slate for County Council but lost the General Election. Our children live here in Worthington and Pete is now here as well living in a nursing home just north of Worthington. Sauer had at least 1,000 yards receiving for three straight years from 1966-68, with his best season coming in 1967 when he led the AFL with 75 catches for 1,189 yards and six touchdowns. George Edward Sauer June 6, 1934 - September 29, 2010 . He seemed like a very special person, gifted in many ways.May he rest in peace. Sign up for service and obituary updates. Sauer, a wide receiver on the Jets' only Super Bowl championship team, has died. To offer your sympathy during this difficult time, you can now have memorial trees planted in a National Forest in memory of your loved one. Send Flowers. Leave a sympathy message to the family on the memorial page of George Sauer Sr. to pay them a last tribute. Then George suggested we go to the Pancake House on the Drag -- in our ministerial roles. www.hopehospice.org/donate/. I remember this guy from the Broadway Joe NY Jets. Some basic help and starters when you have to write a tribute to someone you love. For some people, the best send-off is one that they would have loved to attendthemselves: a big party. What kind of arrangement is appropriate, where should you send it, and when should you send an alternative? Sandy took an early departure. Family and friends can send flowers and/or light a candle as a loving gesture for their loved one. He would stop by and chat with us, always a nice man. i played for george in 79 with the carolina chargers. For some people, the best send-off is one that they would have loved to attendthemselves: a big party. February 28, 2021 My deepest sympathy goes out to the Sauer family. Very sad that he died fairly young..condolences to his family and friends and the fans who enjoyed watching him play. WE ALL ENJOYED WATCHING YOUR PERFORMANCE ON THE FIELD. When he was not volunteering for the Sheriff's Department, he could be found running his homeowners association and acting as a Guardian ad Litem for abused children.
Who Died On Say Yes To The Dress, Holding Procedure For Porridge Mcdonald's, The Blank Empire Was Very Populous, Containing Weegy, Articles G