What do you say when your boss or leader passes on? Our sincere sympathies for the death of your husband. She was a true African heroine. These attributes became the sustaining factor of his lifes work during the long battles for an independent Guyana. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of such a fantastic person. I will keep you close in my thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks as you go through your grieving process. It is with a great emotion and deep sadness that I have learnt about the death, yesterday, of Mrs Wangari Maathai, Nobel Peace Laureate. UNEPs almost 40 year long history is also one of a shared journey in which Wangari was always with us and ahead of us showing the way. Consider the person you are writing to, the deceased, and the thoughts you want . Tributes and condolence messages poured in from business and political leaders for former chairman of the Bajaj Group Rahul Bajaj who passed away in Pune on Saturday. We only wish you are still here to help Ugandans fight to protect Mabira forest! A mother is the most valued being on earth. I know he was so special to all that worked under him. His life was characterized by an incalculable breath and depth and height of devotion and service to his country and to his countrymen and women. After the guys take shit from mean rednecks in a diner, George sadly expresses his bewilderment at being part of a country divided into two opposing camps with no interest in trying to understand each other. The issue of presidential condolences has come to the forefront in the past week as President Donald Trump incorrectly claimed that his predecessor, former President Barack Obama, failed to write. Her passion and commitment have moved countless people to take action to improve their communities. Burns, The SimpsonsWhen Springfield plutocrat Mr. Burns runs for governor, hoping to change environmental law so he can save $56 million by not updating his dangerously broken-down power plant, the Simpson family, as usual, gets in the way. Our company has lost a hero. May your father rest knowing he was a role model to many. Silas Muriuki Rutere MP North Imenti Constituency under Mazingira Green Party of KenyaYou were a true inspiration to me. Your legacy of caring for others and the environment in which they lived will hopefully be emulated by all of us. ", Chief Minister of the British Virgin Islands, Ralph ONeal wrote: "I will always treasure our fine relationship and his very sage advice given, especially during our regional meetings. Tuko.co.ke recently shared 100+ awesome profile pic comments for Facebook. ", Cubas President Fidel Castro said in his message that he was "deeply grieved by the sad news." Know my thoughts are with you, friend. When composing a message to express condolences to your bosss family, try and mention how well he worked with his juniors and how helpful he was. For the full statement, click here. Wangari overcame incredible obstacles to devote her life to serviceservice to her children, to her constituents, to the women, and indeed all the people of Kenyaand to the world as a whole. Charlotte Beauvoisin Director of Uganda Conservation FoundationOur condolences to the late great Professor, her family and conservationists worldwide. My deepest sympathies for the loss of your husband. Back in 2006, The A.V. His memories written down, and reflections refined by deeper thought, would have provided an absolutely unique picture of Guyana and its history in a long and abundantly filled life. May the good Lord rest her soul in eternal peace. Our most sincere condolences! No words can describe how sorry I am for your loss. In all situationswhether on the public stage or away from the camerasWangaris passion for justice, and her deep desire for a better, fairer world shone through. The Green Belt Movements Nairobi office is graciously receiving visitors from Kenya and around the World who have come to share their condolences. ", Guyana's Bishop Randolph George wrote: "He was one of natures own noblemen. More than that, he was a born leader, a tireless fighter for his people, as well as a gentle, courteous man who combined charisma with compassion. I dont think there is any politician that has shown that longevity in terms of standing for principles despite the difficulties which he had to face in Guyana in the 70s and the 60s and so on. For instance, when our political candidates lose: 1. Messages of condolences from world leaders, also began to pour into Guyana, immediately following his death. She founded the Green Belt Movement that has planted millions of trees and helped women throughout Africa improve their lives and the futures of their families and their communities. East Africa has lost an individual whose worth is immeasurable. I'm so lucky to have met him in this life. Her work with the Green Belt Movement in Kenya and as an activist for civil and womens rights in Kenya and beyond received worthy recognition internationally when she was awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace in 2004. I was honored to meet Professor Wangari Maathai in Nairobi just over a year ago, and like millions of others was saddened to learn today of her passing. He will live on in our memories forever. I never knew just how painful goodbyes were until death took you away from me. Sumiko Kito Japan Broadcasting Corp Thank you Dr. Wangari Maathai, people of Japan will not forget you for the encouragements you gave us and many movements you have started in our country. You lived long enough to see the fruits of your blood that you shed for us all. You will be missed, and he will never be forgotten. What a true leader we had in your son. The loss of your brother profoundly saddens me. What a great leader he was. People pay more attention when writing condolence messages for loss of a great leader because the messages get viewed by the masses. They illustrate the kind of man, Cheddi Jagan was to his supporters, his peers and to his opponents: The people of Guyana: "He was the Mahatma Gandhi of Guyana." "He left us with hope and inspiration." Condolence messages for loss of a great leader start pouring in immediately after the famous person's death is announced. ] died. She forged new ground for women in Kenya helping shatter what we would call the "glass ceiling" in the United States. We are deeply sorry for your loss. Thinking of you as you celebrate the remarkable life your mother led. Ambassador Etinne de Poncins Ambassador of FranceAs Ambassador to Kenya, I want to convey to the Green Belt Movement, all my sincere and deepest condolences on the sad occasion of the death of Professor Wangari Maathai. Winning the Nobel Peace Prize seven years ago reflected a lifetime's battle against vested interests and political pressure to raise awareness of environmental responsibility and help protect our planet for future generations. The passing of Wangari Maathai will be an enormous loss to her family, her extended family including the Green Belt Movement, and to the world she cared so much about. I am sending my deep and heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. She will remain standing as tall as Mount Kenya. God bless. READ LATER. May care and love of those around you provide comfort and peace to get you through the days ahead. Rest in peace. ", Jean Chrtien, Prime Minister of Canada, wrote :"Dr. Jagan was a true pioneer in the cause of independence, democracy and social justice for the developing world. We will all miss her. 4. We loved you and admired your leadership. They illustrate the kind of man, Cheddi Jagan was to his supporters, his peers and to his opponents: The people of Guyana: "He was the Mahatma Gandhi of Guyana." In any situation, writing a sympathy note can be challenging. You have left a legacy for us to protect and preserve Mother Nature for the future generations. Here is a list of comforting short condolence messages: Please accept my deepest condolences. When it emerged that the King would hold an audience with Von der Leyen . Stefan Rousseau/Pool/Getty Images. Her death has left a gaping hole among the ranks of women leaders, but she leaves behind a solid foundation for others to build upon. "The Dr. Cheddi Jagan Condolence Book". It was with great sadness the message was received that Professor Wangari Mathaai had passed away. She always identified with those who are less fortunate, or those experiencing hardship, no matter where they are fromand she translated this into a forceful articulation of the need for those with power to do more. I hope you know that you meant the world to him. We lost a real gem. Today the pain of losing you is difficult to bear because this world needed you for some more years. In your pain and sorrow, remember that he was a great man. Condolence message on death of a president is written differently compared to condolence message of a friend. I am so much broken, but I will pray for your departed soul in every moment of my life. It is a tribute to her passionate determination that so many people feel such a deep sense of loss at her passing. Find up to date information on visitors and their tributes below. Therefore it is heart-wrenching to begin to accept the loss of such a dedicated patriot of Guyana", The Guyana Private Sector Commission wrote: "He struggled for the working class but never lost sight of the role that the private sector played in helping him to achieve his goal. We cherish and treasure the memories we made while working with your father. James N. Karume - Former MP GithunguriI was shocked when I heard about what happened to Wangari Maathai. 1999 Cheddi Jagan Research Centre. Her tireless commitment to humanity was evident in everything she didfrom planting trees and listening to women in refugee camps to amplifying the voices of the disempowered to leaders and decision makers around the globe. A great woman, an inspiration for many women across Africa, a magnificent visionary and embodiment of courage. Dr. Willy Mutunga Chief Justice of KenyaAluta Continua Comrade Wangari Mpendwa, R.I.P. We will miss the laughter and warmth your brother brought to work. All of us will carry the torch he lit so many years ago. Check your inbox to be the first to know the hottest news. To restate Wangari Maathais words we do not have the rights to either tire or give up. For the full statement from French Authorities, click here. Our deepest sympathies, friend. He was able, thus, to inspire and lead masses into struggle. We would like to express our sincere condolences to you and your family. The news of Shinzo Abe's assassination has prompted messages of shock and condolences from foreign leaders, many of whom worked with Abe during the former Prime Minister's long tenure. For more, click here. The head of Turkey's main opposition party on Thursday sent a condolence letter to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, whose country was also devastated by the Feb. 6 earthquake, saying . Your loss is painful, and it is challenging to come through such times. And all the children, that followed for many years would understand, Jagan. Your mothers memories will be treasured in this organization and further. All rights reserved. She worked tirelessly both as an elected Member of Parliament and an Assistant Minister for Environment and Natural Resources. What he believed he believed with heart and soul. The following tributes from world leaders to Professor Wangari Maathai have been received. May God grant peace to the deceased and extend blessings to his family. My country was a close friend of Professor Maathai. She lived her belief that all of us have a role to play in creating sustainable peace. He was indeed God sent. That lesson has been borne out more times than humanity can count. May the soul of your mother be at peace with our Heavenly Father. God bless. General Julius Karangi - Chief of Defence ForcesFirstly, our most sincere condolence to the family, friends and entire GBM fraternity during this time of grief. Condolences from World Leaders and Friends The following tributes from world leaders to Professor Wangari Maathai have been received. It takes creativity and an open mind to write a remarkable comment on someone's picture. As she told the world, we must not tire, we must not give up, we must persist. Her legacy will stand as an example to all of us to persist in our pursuit of progress. This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. You know what? Messages of Condolences. RIP. She was highly respected and admired not only for her pioneer work for environmental protection and sustainable development, but also for her work for womens rights and democracy. A condolence letter is a time-tested way to tell the bereaved that their loved one mattered to you, that you care. She will be remembered as the very friendly and humble person she was, for her intellectual strength and for her strong and genuine conviction and ability to engage people. Sending my heartfelt sympathies. Speaking directly to readers, he reiterates the basic idea that anyone with the ambition and ability to take power clearly possesses the exact qualities that will make them apt to mismanage that power. On lookers, lined the more than four-mile route to watch the sombre workers, some carrying black flags. Please accept my sincerest sympathy to you and your family. Along the way, they pick up George Hanson (Jack Nicholson), a friendly, liberal lawyer whos the black sheep of his good Southern family. Professor Maathais personal efforts, leadership, and practical community work in Kenya and Africa inspire us all by demonstrating the real progress that can be made in addressing environmental security and sustainable development challenges where people have the courage to make the difference. A backlash emerged in the UK this week after the British monarch hosted the EU chief. All of us loved him, and he will be cherished in our memories forever. God rest his soul. I know how much you loved him. For the full statement, click here. We hope that his family is surrounded by love. With love and friendship. It was with great sadness that we learned today of the passing of this exceptional environmental activist. Dr. Jennifer Riria Group Chief Executive/Director, Kenya Women Finance TrustMy dear mother, mentor, sister and friend, you fought the hard fight. From early on, Dr. Maathai was a tireless advocate for the environment, for women and for all those in the developing world who are unable to realize their potential. 3. Our condolences go to Professor Maathai's family, to the people of Kenya, and to the countless women (and men) across Africa and the world to whom she was an inspiration. Your father always bragged about how wonderful you were. Messages of condolences from world leaders, also began to pour into Guyana, immediately following his death. Her charisma was remarkable and she literally held hundreds of young people in her hand, and I have no doubt but she was a formative influence on them. Perhaps because she was always advocating for something better, she did not stop often enough to reflect on how she had already made the world a better place. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. She was a true visionary whose local approach to protecting the environment has so many global applications and possibilities. Sorry to hear about the loss. The Greenbelt movement, which she founded in 1977 and which she lead for more than 30 years, thus combined the war against poverty, the fight against corruption, teaching as well as reforestation and the fight against desertification. When a boss dies, the gap is felt by the people that looked up to him. A good heart has stopped beating, but a heart that has touched so many lives can't help but live on in those it loved. She was a one-of-a-kind team leader. Rest in peace! However, some comments will bring joy, whereas others will not. I am always thinking of you and your family. But her contributions to her home continent-and to our shared humanity-run far deeper than accolades can reflect. Dropping a comment on someone's picture is a kind gesture, and everyone appreciates it. My thoughts are with you. ", The Cuban Federation of Women wrote: "the Cuban people and particularly the women will always remember Cheddi Jagan as an untireable struggler for social justice and independence..". Our condolences go to Professor Maathai's family, to the people of Kenya, and to the countless women (and men) across Africa and the world to whom she was an inspiration. [Name], I am so sorry that your [parent, sister, cousin, nephew, etc. The director was a perfect man and a great human being. Please know that your brother was a great man who was admired by many. Working was fun with her. Ive said it before and Ill say it again: Democracy simply doesnt work. Kent Brockman, The SimpsonsNewscaster Kent Brockman draws his political conclusions far too broadly after Congress proposes a bill to evacuate Springfield before a comet smashes it, an opportunist adds in a rider for $30 million of taxpayer money to support the perverted arts, and the bill fails. But then, at the end of the meeting, Wangari moved to a new level when she energised all present by leading them in a wonderful sing-a-long. We all loved him at the company. For the full statement, click here. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. Condolence messages for a friend. We shall always pray for you. They said it was as a "sympathy watch." So this is how libertydies: with thunderous applause. Padme Amidala, Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge Of The SithWhen the villainous Chancellor Palpatine (Ian McDiarmid) finally brings his plans to fruition in the Star Wars prequels, dissolving the Republic and forming the Empire, hes done such a good job of manipulating the masses with trumped-up threats that they cheer him on. The director is now with the angels above. Sending you warm sympathies after the loss of your aunt/uncle. A globally recognized champion for human rights and women's empowerment, Professor Maathai was a pioneer in articulating the links between human rights, poverty, environmental protection and securityfor which she was awarded the 2004 Nobel Peace Prize. The Indian pacer's father passed away at the age of 74 on February 22 after a prolonged illness in Nagpur. People share messages of sympathy with the family and people the deceased touched. Words may not suffice to express the heartfelt sorrow that I feel for the passing of your mother. ", Prime Minister of Barbados, Owen Arthur, remembered him as a "quiet, warn, dignified and charismatic person He was a true champion of Third World Solidarity and development I shall surely miss his wise and sober counsel I will direct that all flags be flown at half-mast in Barbados on the day of his funeral", Grenadas Prime Minister, Dr. Keith Mitchell said: "He showed genuine love for all Caribbean peoples and was the champion for the working class in the country and has been consistently so throughout his entire life. Madeleine Albright, who in 1997 became the first woman to serve as U.S. secretary of state, died of cancer on Wednesday. How to pay KPLC postpaid bill via M-Pesa? Wangari Maathai was a force of nature. We will miss her great shining smile and her indomitable spirit but all those she has inspired will keep her vision alive through each small action we take toward a better world. Copyright 2023 The Green Belt Movement. 10. Condolence message on death of a president is written differently compared to condolence message of a friend. It is incumbent on all of us to make sure that the hole she leaves in our hearts should not be compounded by holes in the ozone layer. Its cold comfort to accept that an undesirable election result lies in the accursed alchemy between a largely uninformed, easily manipulated public and an unscrupulous, impenetrable political machine, but at least that absolves disappointed voters who feel guilty that they didnt do more to influence the outcome. ", Barbadian author, George Lamming wrote: "The name Cheddi Jagan has acquired for more than one generation, the feel of permanence and awe which time confers on certain historical monuments; and there was something monumental in the consistence of purpose and the unique kind of dedication which he brought to the public life of the people of Guyana. I express my greatest condolences at the news of his sudden death. Joseph Munyao Party leader of Democratic Party and former ministerProf, Kenya will miss you but the world will miss you most for your good deeds and the reasons shall ever be with the lord. Hon. May fond memories of your sister bring you comfort during this challenging time in your life. Whatever they did to you, please forgive them. It's an honour to remain your best friend until your last moments. We are saddened to hear of your loss. I was fortunate enough to work closely with Wangari on a number of occasions over the years and every time I met her I was struck by both the force of her personality and the quality of her intellect. The world mourns with you and celebrates the extraordinary life of this remarkable woman who devoted her life to peacefully protecting what she called our common home and future.. His presence would have been a stabilizing anchor in whatever storms might blow. Wangaris fearless strength in adversity, her creative approach to building a peaceful, healthy planet and her hard work to inspire and empower women will live on. RIP. 7. What distinguished him from others was that special ability to understand the central contradiction of the times, to grasp the most critical question of the day and ably articulate them in a simple and understandable way. The chairman, as he was known to us, was a great leader. Thats democracy for you. Mr. Prof. Nathan Kahara Chairman, Former Mayors International Former Mayors international represented by Prof. Nathan Kahara (Chairman) and Dr. Joe Aketch (Secretary General) send our condolences and also celebrate the life of a very special leader, humanitarian and conservationist. You gave a new meaning to respect for Human dignity. For more, click here. Some people find it hard to do it, and that is why some of these fantastic profile pic comments for Facebook will help. Dear [last name] family, I was incredibly saddened to hear of the passing of [name and class]. Margaret Otieno Chief Executive Officer, Wildlife Clubs of KenyaThe governing council, members and staff of Wildlife Clubs of Kenya (WCK) in the spirit of conservation, pay tribute to a great lady in honour of her care and passion for our environment and concern for the future generations. My heart goes out to you on the passing of your brother. The pioneer role she played in starting off ECOSOCC has brought us where we are today. May the love of family and friends comfort you during these difficult days, our/my most heartfelt condolences. This portable projector plays your movies in crisp, high-contrast, 1080p detailno matter where you are. She was a true leader. Rest in peace and know that Kenya will treasure you forever. You were and will always remain an immense inspiration. 6. You brought the power of your presence, your compassion and your position to some of the most vital humanitarian issues of our time. Club ran a piece called SimpsonsQuotes For Everyday Use, illustrating how Simpsons lines could comfortably stand in as the reaction to many ordinary events in our lives. Cheddi Jagan was a great Guyanese; indeed the greatest that has ever walked this land of ours. Movies: Now more than ever. When her administration floats a massive foreign-aid bill and has it shot down, a White House press correspondent (who happens to be her friend, and eventual husband) takes her to task for meekly pulling punches with the Republican opposition, and asks, Why are Democrats always so bumfuzzled? At first blush, the randomness of her snappish response seems inapplicable to everyday life, but its a good distraction to leave taunters baffled and momentarily stunned. I was deeply saddened to hear about your [mother's/father's] passing. [Name] soul has found rest Never forget, you have friends who love you. His passing leaves a void which will not easily be filled. Hundreds of caring people sent in messages of condolences over the Internet. He will be missed for his goodness in life. Please accept our most heartfelt condolences. I am so sorry to hear the news about your [mother/father]. I will forever keep a strong memory of her and of her fight for a greener and ecological planet. Certainly Americans can relate, after yet another election cycle where constant negativism and character assassination makes them feel like all their voting options are bad. Your father was a leader, organizer and humanitarian we all loved. I am thinking of you and your family. Hon. RIP boss. The deep sympathy of the Norwegian Government is hereby conveyed to professor Mathaais family, close friends and colleagues and to the Kenyan people for this significant and painful loss. This is one of her very important contributions. Her energy and life-long dedication to improve the lives and livelihoods of people will continue to inspire generations of young people around the world. May you take comfort in knowing that you have an angel to watch over you now. Her passion shone through in everything she did, from her work on womens equality to her tireless championing of the rainforests. It is with great sadness that I learned today of Wangari Maathai's passing. I am deeply saddened by the death of my remarkable friend Wangari Maathai. 2. on the Internet from March 7 to March 16, 1997 He was sincere and earnest. My condolences, and please know that my thoughts are with friends and family. I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family. "He left us with hope and inspiration." Ambassador Joost Reintjes Ambassador of the NetherlandsOn behalf of the people of the Netherlands and all the Dutch organizations who have cooperated with Wangari Maathai, I would like to offer my sincere condolences to the family of Mrs. Maathai and the Green Belt Movement. The work of the Green Belt Movement stands as a testament to the power of grassroots organizing, proof that one persons simple ideathat a community should come together to plant treescan make a difference, first in one village, then in one nation, and now across Africa. Archbishop Alain Paul Charles Lebeaupin - Apostolic Nuncio to KenyaAs the representative of His Holiness in Kenya, I want to assure the family of Prof. Wangari Maathai of our prayer for her eternal rest and to thank the almighty God for the gift she has been for this country, Africa and all the World. Professor, you gave a voice to the voiceless. (Its a two-party system, after all, and no ones going to vote for a third-party candidate.) Homer Simpson takes advantage of this position when he and the rest of his fellow puny earthlings are enslaved in service of President Kang, a giant green alien who wins the 1996 election after Homer accidentally ejects Bill Clinton and Bob Dole into outer space, leaving the electorate to decide between Kang and his identical partner, Kodos.
Lehigh Valley Health Network Employee Handbook, What Medication Is Used For Psychopaths, Most Valuable 1990 Donruss Baseball Cards, Missionary Farewell Quotes, 875 South Bundy Drive Floor Plan, Articles C