Standard features include leather upholstery; heated, power seats; manual dual-zone climate controls; one-touch power windows; and a 240-watt stereo with a CD player. Prices seem to vary significantly between the US and UK markets. Many consider the standard Crossfire to be somewhat lacking in power, but the Crossfire SRT6 is considered a fast car, especially when compared to similar sports cars from the time. Otherwise, you could end up damaging your engine. As we mentioned above, the Crossfire is based largely on the Mercedes SLK and this is where the floors, chassis components and engine come from. The Crossfire weighs 666 grams and has dimensions of 6.2 inches by 5.1 inches. The sole engine choice is the Mercedes-engineered 3.2-liter, SOHC V6 -- it produces 215 horsepower and 229 pound-feet of torque. Audi and Chrysler keep on to be contestants, but they have different market segments. SRT-6 versions come across as narrowly focused high-performance machines (with premium prices for the enhanced powertrain and improved brakes). TrueDelta's members share Chrysler Crossfire pros and cons based on their real-world driving experiences. All-season tires have a discernible comfort edge over the original summer treads. The car's stunning exterior quickly went from paper to concept to. Wind noise gets fairly prominent above 65 mphmore so in convertibles. It can help quiet engine noise. The base trim came with the Chrysler LH 2.7L V6 engine that was good for 200 horsepower. Equipment lists are only viewable on larger screen sizes. Thankfully the Crossfire doesnt seem to be too bad when it comes to running costs. My car has 93k on it but most of those miles were between 04 and 2012 so I had it inspected by my mechanic and he found no issues. Crossfires arent the quietest. 06/18/2021 | 2000 Chrysler Concorde One of the best cars built Pros A luxury car that handles like a sports car Cons None Smooth ride, great cornering, quiet interior, surprisingly good on. Positioned as a sporting coupe, the regular Crossfire isn't as fast or as agile as a hard-core sports car. Receive pricing updates, shopping tips & more! Chryslers American heritage blended with the build quality of the European engine is an appealing combination for many. Chrysler Crossfire users complain about the low quality of the interior - you can hear the plastic crunch while driving. I am a hard worker and I am always willing to help out. Drivers love both Audi TT and Chrysler Crossfire. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Electronic stability system. It was a unique and stylish car that was aimed at buyers who wanted a sporty, high-performance car with distinctive styling. I have been considering selling my 2005 Roadster, but I may rethink it for now. The Chrysler Crossfire is no more expensive to maintain than any other similar car. Dynamically, the Crossfire turns out to be a mix of the familiar and the new. There are four main types of car oil: synthetic, conventional, high mileage, and synthetic blend. The Editors of Consumer Guide are regular contributors to the following programs: Premium sporty/performance car; Built in Germany, Good condition price range: $7,200 $17,000. Knee airbags for driver and passenger. The Crossfire is just such a car. Pros of the Chrysler Crossfire: The high performance SRT6 model and the rarer manual models are more likely to become collectible. I was surprised it was 5 star rated, and a Mercedes engine an drive train. In a modern large capacity petrol engine, it certainly wont be cheap, as there are as many as six coils here. Developed during the union of Daimler and Chrysler, the two-seater is based on the Mercedes-Benz R170 platform which shares 80% of its components with the first generation SLK. Consult your owners manual or the dealership to find out what kind of oil is best for your car. higher monthly payments, pay off the loan in full and keep the car for a few years. See all 210 reviews of the Chrysler Crossfire, used certified pre-owned Chrysler Crossfire, Best Jeep Grand Wagoneer Lease Deals in Nashville, TN, New Audi E-Tron S for Sale in Painesville, OH, Used BMW Activehybrid-X6 in Round Rock, TX, Used BMW Activehybrid-X6 in Galesburg, IL, Used Chevrolet Impala-Limited in Idaho Falls, ID, Used GMC Sierra-Classic-2500 in Grandville, MI, New Mitsubishi Outlander-Phev for Sale in Howell, MI, New Porsche 911 for Sale in West Bend, WI, Used Ferrari 456M in Clinton Township, MI, Used Chrysler Pacifica-Hybrid in Picayune, MS, New Chevrolet Bolt-Ev for Sale in Tewksbury, MA, Used GMC Sierra-Classic-2500 in Bristol, VA, New Jeep Grand-Cherokee for Sale in Allendale, MI, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. The Chrysler Crossfire is equipped with a Mercedes-Benz M112 engine, the same engine that was fitted to the first generation Mercedes SLK (R170). Manual or automatic. Woof! It is important to choose the right oil filter for your engine. I enjoy working on cars and I am very good at it. The Car Investor exists to help normal car enthusiasts own, drive, and maintain the value of the cars theyve always wanted to drive. Its worth noting that the car was first introduced in 2003, so its not as cutting-edge as some newer sports cars on the market. You can buy a body kit to make your plain vanilla Honda Civic look like a sporty high-end BMW M3. Like the Mercedes' SLK roadster, with which it shares its engine, the Crossfire is quick but certainly not fast. The Chrysler Crossfire is a very attractive proposition for people looking for an original and fresh coupe at an attractive price, unfortunately it is difficult to find parts for this car (especially those not compatible with Mercedes) it might get in the way. Thats brisk, but achieving quick passing response requires a pronounced stab at the throttle to coax a downshift from the otherwise smooth-working automatic. The Used 2004 Chrysler Crossfire comes with rear wheel drive. Only one powertrain was available initially in Crossfires: a 215-horsepower 3.2-liter V6 engine, mated to a six-speed manual or optional five-speed automatic transmission. The 218 hp variant reaches the first hundred in 6.5 seconds, and the top speed is limited to 250 km / h. The high version, the SRT-6, accelerates from zero to 100 km / h in 5.2 seconds, and the maximum speed here is 255 km / h. The choice depends on your wallet, although we think the basic version is more than enough for a fast ride. I change the oil myself because it requires 0w40 and it is cheaper if I do it myself.. the car is very. Controlled and stable at speed, Crossfire coupes ride very firmly. But these days the Crossfire is a serious option when placed alongside these Japanese and European competitors. Handling is more than expected and. Archives Author Johnny Hunkins Author. After receiving favorable reaction from the automotive press and consumers, the new sport coupe was put on the fast track -- scheduled to start production for the 2004 model year. Overall, the Chrysler Crossfire is a unique and stylish sports car that offers decent performance and handling for a relatively affordable price. The Chrysler Crossfire was offered as a coupe or roadster and was powered by a 3.2-liter V6 engine. It's let down by the interior though, particularly the naff silver plastic trim and cramped driving position. Worst 2004 Chrysler Crossfire Problems #1: Rodent Damage, Ate Through All The Wiring 2004 Crossfire Average Cost to Fix: $3,500 Average Mileage: 12,000 mi. Doing so could save you hundreds or thousands of dollars. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. The car comes with a V6 engine that delivers decent power, but some reviewers have criticized it for feeling sluggish at times. The SRT6 is Chryslers high performance Crossfire model, producing an additional 115 bhp on the standard model thanks to the supercharger fitted to the engine. And even if it doesn't, the Crossfire is proof that we'll see some interesting product in the meantime. The first true product of the Mercedes-Chrysler collaborative effort, the Crossfire is designed to lure traditional luxury import buyers away from the likes of Acura, Infiniti and Audi and into a Chrysler showroom instead. Starting at $9,240 and going to $17,050 for the latest year the model was manufactured. Find a . If there was an Automotive Hall of Shame museum somewhere, you could easily imagine such flops as the Ford Edsel, Pontiac Aztek, and the Yugo occupying some exhibit space. Let's also pay attention to how the gears enter. I cant find one close by to sit in. Your email address will not be published. Its always been a love it or hate it car, but ultimately you shouldnt worry about what other people think of the car you drive. The true hidden jewel of the Crossfire crew was the hotted-up SRT-6 model. Other unique styling elements include metallic-finished side air louvers and a retractable spoiler that pops up to improve stability when the Crossfire hits 60 miles per hour. So despite all the infighting, quarterly red ink and lingering lawsuits from angry stockholders, this whole "merger of equals" thing between Chrysler and German automaker Daimler just might pan out. Very understeery. 1. Fuel economy ranks as passable. Certain parts can be hard to source these days, but few people complain at the overall cost of maintenance. Other interesting design elements that enhances the car's windswept look are the six "speed" lines that run the length of the car's hood, and the center spine line that moves over the length of not only the exterior, but through the interior as well. Never mind that the SRT-6 was limited to 154 mpha ludicrously optimistic speedometer pleases the inner eight-year-old in us all . The Crossfire does 0-60 mph in 6.5 seconds. Available transmissions include: 5-speed shiftable automatic, 6-speed manual. For 2004, Chrysler introduces an all-new sport coupe called the Crossfire. An Electronic Stability Program integrated brake and throttle intervention to control wheelspin when needed. Im thinking that because the 2006 SRT-6 were actually 2005 leftovers that were sold from remaining inventory after they stopped making them if yours doesnt have the fixed spoiler (what do you have back there, the small pop-up one? And the standard high-backed, leather bucket seats emblazoned with the Chrysler logo are easy to slide into. In fact, some testers have rated it almost harsh on all but smooth surfaces. Check detail below about the best AMD x570motherboards and all specifications, pros, and cons. Chrysler Crossfire Engine Problems and Repair Descriptions at TrueDelta All years Crossfire Problems o Engine (41%) Transmission (10%) Brakes (7%) Suspension (9%) Electrical and AC (21%) Body and Trim (10%) Other (2%) Select a problem area Engine Transmission and Drivetrain Other Show all problems The first time I sat in it, the steering wheels was telescoped towards the back and I couldnt get my legs in. The Crossfire SRT6 reaches 60 mph in 5.1 seconds. Above all, we should remember the Crossfire as the flawed-yet-funky halo car that made a noble attempt to bring some verve to the Chrysler brand and paved the way for future Chrysler SRT models like the 300 SRT8 . Used-car pricing varies widely depending on local market conditions. Hemi Engine Pros and Cons More than you'd ever think you can learn about the roots of Chrysler's 5.7, 6.4L, and 6.2L modern Hemi. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Copyright Policy. Just 1,786 new Crossfires were registered in 2008. The objective of the game is to shoot a ball through a hoop that is 10 feet (3.05 meters) high, which is mounted to a backboard at each end of the court.
Marvel Strike Force Team Spreadsheet, Aramaic Word For Lamb, Tom Costello Annual Salary, Cathleen Mccadden Benjamin, Articles C