4BH is very flat. In this climate. This is a station with such a great Brisbane legacy, and its a privilege to be welcomed here, wherever our new and old listeners are tuning in from. I have run a cleaning business in construction since 1979, with focused commitment, and have not had time or energy to develop many close personal connections in my life. The heart has been torn out if it. 4KQ will remain on air for another week, officially switching off on Thursday June 30 at midnight. I switched from 4BH to 4KQ years ago because I found 4BHs songs dreary and depressing. New Drive host Neil Breen welcomes the latest editions to 4BC with open arms. Only an extreme optimist would predict that they will attract anywhere near the size of audience of KQs Laurel Edwards who has been a fixture on KQ for three decades Gary Clare and Mark Hine. 4KQ will remain on air for another week, officially switching off on Thursday June 30 at midnight. Dont forget it was a sports station which cost us 4KQ. I would like to thank Laurel, Gary and Mark and the entire team at 4KQ who helped make the station such a success story., Tags: 4KQ | ARN | Duncan Campbell | Gary Clare | Laurel Edwards | Mark Hine. Absolutely disgusting to destroy this great station,' added another. ABC Radio Brisbane it's a radio station owned and operated by ABC Radio, was launched on 7 January 1938. Read More. The 4KQ 693AMbreakfast team is marking 15 years together. this chance desnt come around ever, Take it, Run with it, Win it LIVE AND LOCAL. They bring it up without me even mentioning it. Content ManagerMax Dudleyis happy with the deepening community connection the additions bring to 4BC. L.G .M comes to breakfast I will move to another station . Im feeling really positive about the future.. I stopped listening to 4kq because there were too many ads, especially during the morning show. Were working to restore it. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); If Laurel Edwards doesnt end up here Ill eat my hat, The change at 4BH makes total sense. Gee, dont tell 4KQ who have a 3 person breakfast team! Along with so many people in Brisbane and beyond, that dedicated group of 4KQ personalities and their support group, who have given their lives and energy, sharing their passion with the people of Brisbane for such a long time, are the stabilising backdrop of my life. Have themed weekends like 70s, 80s, one-hit wonders, double-shots, etc. Taylor says We are very big on DAB. Today marks the end of an incredible chapter in the history of radio as Laurel Edwards, Gary Clare and Mark Hine host 4KQs popular breakfast show for the very last time. I am one of the normally silent faithful 4KQ listeners for the past over 56 years. Good on ACE Radio for taking it in their own hands. "We'll be sure to give Laurel, Gary and Mark . After 75 years of broadcasting, the stations final hours on air will celebrate this classic music and feature some familiar voices of the many announcers across the night. We have identical coverage and a well maintained transmission site. I feel it isn't just the genre music that is played on 4KQ . Will the KQ breakfast team end up there? Play songs and albums on demand. Looking forward to changing over to you from tomorrow. Do not sell or share my personal information. Jase & Lauren. The classic hits station was launched on May 7, 1947, as a Rock n Roll station, but by the 90s was winning over listeners and ratings with its classic hits music format. The trouble for 4BH is that it has so many name changes and formats over the years they have lost the momentum of the likes of 4KQ. I can not believe how any company would think that 24/7 sports could possibly ask 4KQ followers to listen and expect that to work. I think 4BH will be a big winner if they can get the morning crew on board plus other djs Current listeners of 4KQ will come to you in droves. Ill just listen to what I want when I want and radio in general can kiss this old dude goodbye. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 400 Episodes Produced by iHeartPodcasts Australia & 4KQ Website. Triple M unveils its commentary team for 2023 NRL season, Lachy Perry: From AFTRS to Workday Announcer at 94.9 PowerFM, Kate Ritchie rumoured to be returning to Nova on another show, Sydneys 2CH becomes SEN as Crocmedia confirms sports format, Nine revives Magic to replace Macquarie Sports Radio, Michael McLaren to host National Overnights on Nine Radio, SCAs Hit Network axes 19 regional breakfast shows. It will be interesting to see if future ratings determine whether 4BCs breakfast share remains static, due to balancing out between 4BC leavers and ex-4KQ joiners or whether there will be sufficient 4BC listeners interested enough in LMG to boost their breakfast ratings. I have listened to 4KQ (and no other station) since coming to Brisbane 20 + years ago. Gary has had two stints at 4KQ totalling 31 years, starting inthe mid 80s before returningin the mid-90s, first as Breakfast producer and then on-air. Im feeling really positive about the future.. Retaining the whole 4 KQ as a team, is a no-brainer as to break them up is like ripping their family apart as well. [11] It presented a classic hits format of music from the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s, with some 1990s, aimed at listeners 4054 years of age. And Mark, one of 4KQ's most loved personalities, has anchored the Breakfast show now for the past 16 years. The branding has changed, and the outdoor ads are already up around Brisbane. More execs on the move; Mark Richardsons new gig and AKQAs Ajaz Ahmed, Gumtree Media UpNext: The Future is Sustainable. In my opinion, this is because the owners underestimated the potential spending power of its audience, and failed to market the station properly to potential advertisers. Our hotel is next to the Tyap Fair Convention and Congress Center and only 19 kilometers from Istanbul . ACE better not screw this up. SYDNEYMELBOURNEPERTH. Ask night driving Truckies. Not sure about the ex 4KQ being talkback Planning for the station began after a licence with the callsign 4KQ was granted in August 1946. 2023 AMT, trading as Radio Today. Their final show comes a week out from the classic hits station becoming the latest acquisition for the Sports Entertainment Group. It did what many thought impossible remain very competitive in the ratings (including several wins in recent years) while broadcasting music on the AM band. The Breakfast Creek Hotel is arguably the most famous watering hole in Queensland and probably one of the top two or three in the country. Thank You Thank You. LAUREL, GARY AND MARK COULD WELL BE SNAPPED UP BY ACE RADIO TO DO BREAKFAST ON 4BH. The trio have been Brisbane's longest continual running breakfast show, entertaining listeners for the past 16 years. But prove to me you can convert something to a PDF then judge me. Today is a celebration of the success we have achieved, and all the people who have helped along the way., Gary Clare says, Part of our success is how close-knit we are as a team, but we must also acknowledge our listeners. Many listeners argued that there was enough sport, and insisted the beloved radio station should stay exactly as it is. 4KQ is a commercial radio station based in Brisbane, Australia owned and operated by the Australian Radio Network. They will make your station, Thank you so much 4BH. On 30 June 2022 the station's former format ended, ending the long running service of breakfast announcers Laurel Edwards (30 years), Gary Clare (31 years), and Mark Hine (16 years). Queenslanders love their state and its teams and we are excited to play our role in amplifying that passion.. They cover some of the day's topical news, with a couple of funny stories in between and offer a great mix of music and memories. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I was elated to hear this yesterday, the only problem is, will they gain a chop n change audience, because their audience is not the sort for talkback, its why were on 4kq in first place, Ill have em on in the car, but not at work, even though we are there from 7am, becasue itll be a PITA changing station at 9am every day, we have ZERO interest in excessice self gloating, thats why we changed to 4kq from MMM, too much self indulgent BS, and we already have ABC for talk back too. gilkey vs champion windows; mary j blige sister jonquell; picrew female character maker; July 4, 2022 4kq breakfast teamdispensary manager job descriptiondispensary manager job description What a joke that its come to this and what an epic failure of regulation by the ACMA!! I would hope that if they take on the 4kq crew, they dont increase the ads. Bring on the 60s, 70s and80s, and we will come across. We asked the experts - and their answers will terrify you Five unexpected signs in your 20s and 30s you're at risk of developing heart disease later in life. A no brainer. With the 4KQ music format soon to be no more, ACE Radio CEO Mark Taylor today confirmed that 4BH has transitioned to a Classic Hits station. The new station set a limit & make sure you listen responsibly. You cant beat that type of music . People want to listen to something theyre familiar with.. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This follows the sale of the station, a result of ARNs acquisition of a regional network and need to comply with Australias media ownership laws. In particular I thank Brent for his support of the song N0 Roses for Michael the theme song of a 1070s black and white doco about a local Ipswich boy who passed away doing drugs in Sydney. Arthur Black, Im disappointed with this change. To refresh your memories I refer you to my post about this campaign a little further down on my feed | 13 comments on LinkedIn 4KQ breakfast show hosts find new home at former rival. Laurel Edwards,Gary ClareandMark Hineare bringing their top-rating breakfast show Good Times and Great Hits to Brisbanes4BC 882from 5.30 am on Monday, July 11. This is great news for Laurel and Co! If the whole 4KQ team is grabbed by 4BH, I would make the switch in a heartbeat, but I will tune to 4KQ till 30th June. , who also hosts the morning shift, KQ struck a chord with Brisbane audiences. It spells a mismatch to me and could possibly alienate 4BCs traditional audience, who are obviously used to more serious content than what LMG provide. Im happy to hand them the alarm clock and I cant wait to get cracking on my new Drive show. I thought 4BH had gone to sport so it will probably no different with 4KQ. Image: 4KQ.com.au. The team must go out with the highest ratings. The description of tearing the heart out of us loyal 4KQ listeners is true and is really literally a loss like the death of my whole family and friends. 2022 Brett Debritz. 4bc have given the ABC a big boost what were they thinking of. what happened to archie in monarch of the glen; funeral poem our father kept a garden. I'm out. This is a station that rates 10% in the 3rd biggest city in Australia this isnt a 3MP or even a 2CH. Keen to get away from the neighbours? Rob. 4KQs current format has proven popular, with the station recording a 9.4 per cent market share in the most recent survey, ahead of ABC Brisbane (9.3 per cent) and 4BC (8.2 per cent), which is owned by Nine Entertainment Co, the owner of this masthead. Bring the breakfast radio team across and Ill listen to 4BH. Why only do half the work! Listen Now. SPORTS Entertainment Network has announced it has acquired the commercial AM licence, formally 4KQ, in Brisbane. I love the presenters deep knowledge of the singers and bands and the snippets of information they give. George Ezra rakes in the spins with Green Green Grass: AirCheck, Christian OConnell officially becomes an Australian citizen, Tonis new book riding high on the bestseller lists, Dean Lewis performs live song that brings Erin Molan to tears, Click here to sign up to our free daily newsletter for the latest in radio, audio and podcasting news and jobs. Cleanliness 3.4. Only an extreme optimist would predict that they will attract anywhere near the size of audience of KQs, who has been a fixture on KQ for three decades . This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Quick example, take note Trevor Sinclair, if you play Neil Diamond, then go for something like Crunchy Granola, not Love on the rocks, or Bachman Turner Overdrive instead of your favourite Lionel Ritchie, please! Your email address will not be published. Jukebox Saturday Night? Brisbane's longest-running, and consistently high-rating, breakfast radio show is among the casualties with the sale of Classic Hits station 4KQ to Sports Entertainment Network. Thank you. Service 2.7. bishop vesey's grammar school fees. Im happy to hand them the alarm clock and I cant wait to get cracking on my new drive show, he said. Were working to restore it. of Classic Hits station 4KQ to Sports Entertainment Network. The timing of the switch was not made clear, but the transaction was expected to be completed by July 1, subject to Australian Communications and Media Authority approval. Watch this space. 4KQ is a commercial radio station in Brisbane, Australia owned by Sports Entertainment Network (SEN). I am pleased to hear that Brent James in particular will continue his brilliant 60s Hits series on 4BH, my NEW station as of midnight tonight, or when I turn the radio on tomorrow and tune it to 1116kHz! 4KQ's current breakfast team Mark Hine, Laurel Edwards and Gary Clare "We thank Laurel, Gary and Mark for their many years of service," a statement from ARN said. End of an era: Fans have been left devastated after a popular Queensland radio station announced they'd be 'rebranding'. cecl for dummies; can you transfer doordash credits to another account; 4kq breakfast team; June 22, 2022 . is happy with the deepening community connection the additions bring to 4BC. He espoused the talkback, news & current affairs that have long been 4BC hallmarks. Beer swilling, disgusting jokes of the coarsest nature, aired on free to air TV by presenters, unshaven, casually dressed, with the basest behaviour, leaves me sickened. P.S. The company behind Melbourne sports radio institution SEN has bought Brisbanes 4KQ and will change the popular classic music station to a sports format later in the year.
Njy Camps Board Of Directors, Galatasaray Leeds Death, Articles OTHER