Ludwig is a manufacturer of percussion products and accessories. Steve on new Ludwig Legacy Mahogany: HERE. For a limited time, save in the Gibson European Demo ShopUp to 25% off select Gibson guitarsShop now, View similar gear from other sellers on Reverb. We have a classic Ludwig vintage set in stock that has been beautiful restored by a vintage Ludwig drum aficionado. Ludwig would use the Classic lugs if they were low on Standard lugs. 1970-1971 Ludwig Finishes. Hey! 13/16/22/6.5 NOS, SOLD. Ludwig Acrolite Snare with 1970 date stamp and blue-and-olive pointed badge. Even though now we say, "wow, that finish is really cool." The white diagonal line in this photo is the pearl covering. The rarest set I have ever seen! Ludwig SteveS DRUM Gear & PERCUSSION Fairfield, CA, United States 1970s Ludwig Vistalite Quadra-Plus Drum Set with Single-Color Finish Used - Very Good $1,999 + $250 Shipping It looks like that piece of gear is gone. Learn More. Pics and video soon! This is the book for you. ALL GRETSCH SNARES AND SETS INCLUDING OUR USA CUSTOM, BROADKASTER, AND BROOKLYN SHELL BANK DRUMS. Details: 9X13 tom 10X14 tom 16X16 floor tom 16X18 floor tom 14X24 bass drum All drums in . Oops, looks like you forgot something. A funny thing happened some time ago. Check this section out frequently. Precision Drum Co. 2012 Route 44 Pleasant Valley, NY 12569 GIVE US A CALL AT (845) 635-9820. These were meticulously cleaned and detailed Steve on WFL vintage kit: HERE. This beautiful set of Ludwig Bronze Strata Standards was seen by one of my friends on one of those equipment sale pages on Facebook. Drummer community & drum marketplaceThe first vintage & Custom Drum Magazine, since 1988. 2/6/21: How about some links to fun videos? Updates will be made often. It is the finish of a drum that can very well define the drum, as well as the drummer itself. Chicago Collection. Your donation keeps the lights on at Not So Modern Drummer. It features all original factory components free of any modifications. Thread starter QuinnTheEskimo; Start date Sep 7, 2009; Sep 7, 2009 #1 . Your purchases also help protect forests, including trees traditionally used to make instruments. I truly appreciate a call from someone telling me about a drum set that they saw somewhere. Items must be returned in original, as-shipped condition with all original packaging.Learn More. In the late 1970's the Black Beauty was reintroduced and again in the 1990's. Ludwig also made gold-finished drums in the 1920s that were marketed under the name "Ludwigold". early 1970's Ludwig 16 x 16 floor tom with a thermogloss finish over mahogany. At Vintage FM Drums, we get to know our players and collectors to ensure the final outcome of a drum restoration or drum repair is a treasured piece for stage or display. Adrian made 3 kits several years ago and these were his first drum sets. UNREAL! As a result, drum set sales began to soar. Vistalite drums were the name for the acrylic drums produced by Ludwig. Butch texted me that he was selling his "black" Ludwigs with some other stuff. In this instance, it was during the attempted wrap restoration on a vintage 1970s Ludwig chrome-over-wood 24" bass drum. The rest is history. Copyright 2016 Not So Modern Drummer. The great thing about the Standards is the finishes used on these drums were exclusive to these sets. We definitely want to communicate with you. STEVE'S CELEB AND ULTRA RARE DRUM GALLERY, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRPqnASWu-I, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XIsmWRuisg, Craviotto Timeless Timber Birch 6.5x14 2 of 5, Larry Bunker Bill Evans era drum set, cymbals, cases, Craviotto Timeless Timber SPL birdseye/nickel 6.5x14, 54295423 requests since Saturday 15 May, 2004. Recently Butch called and offered this set to me. Standards usually have smooth low mass lugs. (Most commonly on large floor toms and large bass drums.) The hardware was lighter, and I suppose cut the cost somewhat. Vintage 1970's Ludwig Red Sparkle 10"x16" Timp Tom $99.95 $45.26 shipping 12 watching 1920s Ludwig 5x14 Nickel Over Brass Snare Drum $574.00 Free shipping or Best Offer Vintage 1960 - 63 Ludwig 14 x 22 Bass Drum Gold Sparkle no s/n Keystone $599.00 $89.90 shipping or Best Offer VINTAGE 1950's Ludwig WFL 16 X 20 Bass Drum $595.00 $99.00 shipping Ludwig Drum Toms 16 in Item Diameter Floor Tom, Ludwig Floor Toms, If your Standard kit has Classic lugs that might also be correct. My favorite finish on Ludwig drums is Oyster Black Pearl. 20" $2499. /31/22: IMPORTANT COOL NEWS ABOUT OUR NYC STORE!! Watch this gear and we'll notify you if it becomes available again. Steve's Website Status Updates: HERE. Incredibly, Sam Bacco was able to find some 600 year old Timeless Timber birch and was able to craft kit #1000 from this wood. EBAY auctions. Ludwig has produced many stellar finishes throughout the 1960's. Some were unique to the Ludwig catalog, while others were timeless classic common with most manufactures. $19.95Want to develop a formidable technique and become a virtuoso drummer? Note: Estimate based on US sales prices for similar items on Reverb. SHOP OUR STORES-ILLINOIS REVERB: HERE FORK'S REVERB:HERE. I drove all the way to Savannah only to find he was selling his "black" diamond pearl Ludwigs. This item is sold As-Described and cannot be returned unless it arrives in a condition different from how it was described or photographed. The only example ever to surface, and it is a 71 YR OLD FULL,COMPLETE KIT FROM THE ORIGINAL OWNER'S FAMILY. Up to an additional 30% off shop-wideEnjoy weekend savings on Fender, Gretsch, and moreShop now, View similar gear from other sellers on Reverb. Additional Info. Super Classic: 4-ply for all sizes; lighter in weight, billed as having "clean, resonant sound" (same price) (Offered as an option; the Classic shells were still catalogued, described as producing a "deep, powerful" sound), Rocker "9-ply cross-laminated veneers with a maple inner ply", Classic 9-ply maple approx 6mm, all maple Rocker Pro: 7-ply, Birch & Italian poplar, 7mm Rocker Elite: 5-ply, Maple inner and outer plies, Rocker Elite: Maple inside, basswood outside 8-ply 8mm Rocker: Basswood inside, Luan outside, 8-ply, 8.1mm Accent: Phillippine Juniper inside, mahogany outside, 7-ply, 7.2mm. See the list. 5 Drum Sets, This is the finish selection LATEST PRODUCTS: Click Here Items are coming in FAST. Mach 5 and Mach 4 Ludwig Drum Sets. Steve, Maxwell Private Auctions update! Companys like Zickos and Fibes were the first few to give light to these shell concepts. Maxwell shop hours and locations: HERE . The rail consolette does a wonderful job . (Most commonly on large floor toms and large bass drums. Please see feedback Standards have their own unique triangular shaped badge. New collection for sale. Joe Morello's Ludwig drum set and Paiste cymbals, 1. See details and videos, Lots more new drums below and even more on our Illinois Reverb store. 1973 Ludwig Catalog. It is pretty common to see a red and blue in all three types of finishes. Our website is evolving into a mini media station and the new video sectionis a big part of the website evolutioninitiative. New Old Stock 12/14/18/4x14. The rail consolette does a wonderful job positioning the mounted tom. The Oyster Black finish survives to this day and the newer versions look great. See, 3/1/23: My friend Bobby Colomby, drummer and founding member of Blood Sweat & Tears, sent me information about a great new documentary about the band. The "wood" cortex finishes were obviously much easier to produce and so it seems that Ludwig pushed those to the forefront so that most anyone wanting a "wood" finish set would likely assume those wraps were their only option. 1970 Ludwig Classic Black Panther 2 up 2 down - $1499 This stealthy looking vintage Ludwig kit sports a real unique wrap unlike any other material commonly used to wrap a drum. selection from the 1988 Ludwig Drum Catalog, This is the finish Steve's Video Selections page. Enjoy weekend savings on Fender, Gretsch, and more. Your purchases help youth music programs get the gear they need to make music. All rights reserved. READ THE MODERN DRUMMER MAXWELL NESTING KIT REVIEW HERE. The 1978 Combo series was made with old 3-ply shells until they were used up; the inside was sprayed with granitone. Beginning in 1976, the Classic series was made with new molds and a new construction; small (6" and 8") toms were 4-ply and larger drums were 6-ply maple & poplar, with no reinforcement rings. Your purchases also help protect forests, including trees traditionally used to make instruments. 1970 Ludwig Drum Sets. This set was sold and kept in NOS condition and then sold to my client who also kept it in NOS condition. Watch this gear and we'll notify you if it becomes available again. Used Sonor Force 3000 17x20BD, 10x12TT, 12x14FT, 6.5x14 SD, Hardware and Cases included. from the 1981 Ludwig Drum Catalog, This is the finish Very Good items may show a few slight marks or scratches but are fully functional and in overall great shape. Ludwig Thermo Gloss 5pc Drum Kit Set 12/13/14/16/24" Vintage 1970's $1,499.99 Used - Good Ludwig Classic Maple Gold Sparkle Jazz Bop Drum Kit 14x18_8x12_14x14 +Free Universal Wood 14x6.5" Snare Authorized Dealer $2,539 Brand New Free Shipping 30-Day Return Policy Ludwig Club Date Drum Set 1965 Champagne Sparkle (w/ Set of Bags) $100 price drop Click Here: 12/15/11: THISIS INCREDIBLE! 1922 Ludwig snare drum (82Kb JPEG) 1922 Ludwig catalogue (5.51Mb PDF) 1922A Ludwig catalogue (28Mb PDF) 1923 Ludwig catalogue (10.9Mb PDF) 1924 Ludwig Aero Kraft catalogue . The bass drum is 22X14, floor tom is 16X16, the mounted toms are 13X9 and 12X8. RED, GREEN, SMOKE, YELLOW, AMBER, BLUE, PINK, CLEAR. When using a paint/finish remover like "Zipstrip" to remove old glue from drum shells, wait at least 24 hours before applying . Or, call us at 212-730-8138 and place an order for one! 1970's LUDWIG BLUE/OLIVE SNARE DRUM HARD SHELL CASE | Musical Instruments & Gear, Percussion, Accessories | eBay! The set I am featuring in this issue is my 1970s Ludwig Deluxe Classic set wrapped in glorious Oyster Black Pearl. They are in excellent shape, and the Bronze Strata finish is very rare.The Standard line was Ludwig's attempt to introduce a more affordable drum set to the public when the foreign made drums flooded the market. Our Maxwell Drums Nesting Kits reviewed in the June issue of Modern Drummer. They were perfect for the Beatles as they looked so good even on black and white TV. Your purchases help youth music programs get the gear they need to make music. Copyright 2023 Ludwig Drums. See them on our Reverb stores: ILLINOIS: HERE. The perfect gigging vintage Ludwig set. 2/6/21: HERE IN IL: INCREDIBLE CAMCO OAKLAWN 12/12/16/22/22/5x14 ONE OWNER! Those were snare drums, no sets. This set is the most common Standard configuration, the S-330 twin tom five piece set. The issue is that the bearing edge on the 16" floor tom is a bit wobbly like many 3 ply vintage Ludwigs and heads do not tune up very well. Craviotto Sequoia 2750 years old.
Fear Factor Couples Randy, Miles Teller Politics, What To Do With Garlic Stuffed Olives, Hernando County Impact Fees 2021, Articles OTHER